Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,526 members, 7,808,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

4 Ways To Earn Respect From People - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People (30566 Views)

4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes / Ways You Can Earn Respect From Family And Others / Ways To Earn Respect From Family Members And The Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Olaideolayemi(m): 4:32pm On Nov 23, 2021
Deborah98:
Okay ... Noted good points though but why do people feel if you don't have money you can't and sometimes won't command respect undecided. Is there any synergy btw respect and money that I don't know. And then what of power and authority. As a young lady I wanna know why power intoxicates and what makes people feel they deserve to be respected simply because they occupy one position somewhere.
You're asking many questions in one concept..I will explained in my little knowledge.. Many people would think you can't have money based on their perception of your work, whether they have range the cost of your work earning to economy realities.. Even thus,you don't have money,you can command respect than those that as money,It all depends on your expression,self confidence,self esteem and personal development traits that you possess.. Yes, there's synergy beween money and respect..Money is a your purchasing power and Worth in a society..If you have it.. Ability to do certain things become easier than when you don't have.. but,Respect is the perception of people's towards you,due to the way you do something or the way you reacted to something,will determine the types of respect to give you..If someone want respect apart from getting money,then such person must able to have many personal development attributes that attract respect to him/her.. Power and authority aren't the same.. power are earned like respect while authority is given by the position someone occupied..my sister, it's must you respect those in authority,If am a manager in a big company,All my employee must shown respect unless sack letter is coming,likewise,if a big man/woman patronized your shop, you must give respect for attraction and attention,In order to come next time..If you don't do so..They won't come again..May God guide us more...

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by yahmohy27: 4:37pm On Nov 23, 2021
uBuNiT:
5. Ego oyibo
Ego obodo oyinbo grin
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Sttk: 4:38pm On Nov 23, 2021
Ok
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by stevups(m): 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2021
Deborah98:
Okay ... Noted good points though but why do people feel if you don't have money you can't and sometimes won't command respect undecided. Is there any synergy btw respect and money that I don't know. And then what of power and authority. As a young lady I wanna know why power intoxicates and what makes people feel they deserve to be respected simply because they occupy one position somewhere.
Money suspends any rule
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by TinubuGoQuench(f): 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:
RESPECT IS RECIPROCAL

But I thought there is a high level of respect for people who deal on vulture flesh

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Virus99: 4:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
studentwriter:
[s][/s] says a virus

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Damilare30(m): 4:53pm On Nov 23, 2021
billynoni:
True, true, true, true and valid points... Now OP, imagine Dangote and that random shoemaker on your street walked in, there's only one chair to sit on, which you're occupying currently, who are you standing up for? Don't lie oooo, answer honestly.
Holy Spirit go lead me��
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by AfonjaConehead: 5:01pm On Nov 23, 2021
Very true..hope structures de la coneheads will hear cos I saw a Baba putting on native buba and Sokoto hanging at the booth of a danfo today..can you beat that!?!

grin

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by letitrainnow(m): 5:22pm On Nov 23, 2021
Nice write-up
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Damian10(m): 5:23pm On Nov 23, 2021
It perplexes me how money is not on this list. I know having money doesn't translate to earning respect but cmon!! For instance, an erudite prof and dangote.....?? Answer me pls
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by amnesty7: 5:28pm On Nov 23, 2021
Crystalom3:

Money commands respect. We've all seen it. People may hate you but once money comes in they mellow down almost immediately.

That's why with all the the hatred for the west, Islam jihadist still can't reject their dollars
With all their sophistication, they must go to Saudi Arabia, UAE and other Muslim countries to earn a living. Even European football is now commanded by the Arabs because of their staggering $$$!
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by eddynaira125: 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2021
Bleep u
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by kilisi(m): 5:36pm On Nov 23, 2021
That nos 1, 2 and 4 na magic. People respect me die for my area.
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by chadrain: 5:39pm On Nov 23, 2021
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by BlackyOne(m): 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2021
billynoni:
True, true, true, true and valid points... Now OP, imagine Dangote and that random shoemaker on your street walked in, there's only one chair to sit on, which you're occupying currently, who are you standing up for? Don't lie oooo, answer honestly.

They'll both keep standing as long as it's not their chair...

Less influencial and poor people will always standup for someone like Mr. Dangote and because everyone is being too comely and overly respectful of him non of them will catch his attention but imagine when Mr Dangote enters a room and everyone goes quiet and Shakey but you remain calm and sitting when everyone is standing, you addresses him as Mr Dangote or Alhaji Dangote while everyone calls him Sir.

That could be your turning point for better in life.
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Abrahamm(m): 5:50pm On Nov 23, 2021
Kk
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Majesty33(m): 6:10pm On Nov 23, 2021
Although money earn people respect but mark my words is just for that reason. Intellectuals in certain hierarchy who applies points that Op stated above, earn maximum respect. They are many rich fools loitering around.
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Crystalom3(m): 6:20pm On Nov 23, 2021
amnesty7:

With all their sophistication, they must go to Saudi Arabia, UAE and other Muslim countries to earn a living. Even European football is now commanded by the Arabs because of their staggering $$$!
lolz

You must think the world revolve around the football pitch
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by vickydevoka(m): 6:42pm On Nov 23, 2021
Deborah98:

As a lady you don't need that. Buh as a guy u need either money or power to gain respect. That's y u see small children entering cult to command respect around campuses
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by seguno2: 6:51pm On Nov 23, 2021
binarymachine:

2. Do not be readily available:

Are you the one who is always available? Everyone can call you to do one thing or the other for them, because you give the impression you do not have anything to do and so they feel you are always available. Sometimes, even though you do not have anything doing, when someone calls, do not easily jump right at it. Use the words; let me look at my schedule, I will think about it…” This gives the impression that one has to give you a prior notice before any engagement. That is how you can be on your path of gaining respect.

Brutal reality undecided
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 23, 2021
Most agree with number 3.
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Yoighaman(m): 6:56pm On Nov 23, 2021
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Ademola121(m): 6:58pm On Nov 23, 2021
Dress well. Have your personal values and principles then stick by them like your life depends on them

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by bfn1: 7:04pm On Nov 23, 2021
Faller:
The best way to earn respect

from people is to

Travel abroad and

don't come back again...
You're very temperamental grin
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Gabs7(m): 7:07pm On Nov 23, 2021
You forgot to add the need for responsible appearance. Dress responsibly, have a high regard of self, i.e; a high sense of self worth which you should strive to let reflect in your choice of wear.

Also, your way of social conduct, which should characterize an expression of a matured human being through just being. We have surely experienced individuals whose sense of self exuded a calm, clear, confident, mature, and high aura of high moral worth.

The goal is to endeavour to develop yourself from inwards through striving to engage in high value activities; spending quality private time reading quality relevant material, introspecting and engaging in progressive thinking, spending time with those you admire and would like to be like, etc.

As they do say: A man becomes proficient in that which he spends most of his time in.

People say money, money, money... While money as a tool can not be ignored because of its ability to facilitate self development, reliance on money or material things as a source of respect and regard is transitory and can only find true complete meaning and usefulness through a strong, firm and enduring high inner foundation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by ademi87(m): 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
The most important is self respect and then get a shit ton of money. Once you have money, most people will bow at your feet.
if you are not feeding me even if you have money like dangote... I don't give a shit, I will only talk to you if I feel like

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by updatechange(m): 7:55pm On Nov 23, 2021
Mayeldah:

Such respects are usually fake.

Loose the money, all the praise singers will disappear.

So who go respect you if you no get money anyway? undecided
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 23, 2021
nairaman66:
Nice points! But not everyone that talks is an empty barrel. IMO

Seems you talk a lot. A talkative or a loquacious person can hardly keep a secret. Keep your tongue, save your life.

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by jimmychang: 9:10pm On Nov 23, 2021
billynoni:

Two of them go stand...Las Las if leg tire dangote he go buy him own grin
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by GABRIEL6036: 10:27pm On Nov 23, 2021
Kharol1234:
I'm seeing things
Don't you think you need to go have a thorough check up? People are contributing on sensible topic you are here seeing bet9JA, OMO ale
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by nairaman66(m): 11:49pm On Nov 23, 2021
HenryDion:

Seems you talk a lot. A talkative or a loquacious person can hardly keep a secret. Keep your tongue, save your life.

Do you have a pain in your brain? Can’t you move along? Low lifers like you should mind your business!

Keep your advice to yourself and shut your mouth. Why the useless response? Don’t ever quote me again with your sadistic and stupids write up! Nonsense
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 24, 2021
nairaman66:

Do you have a pain in your brain? Can’t you move along? Low lifers like you should mind your business!

Keep your advice to yourself and shut your mouth. Why the useless response? Don’t ever quote me again with your sadistic and stupids write up! Nonsense

He has started talking. Talkative. Write a text book for me. Elereburuku undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour / My Pregnant Neighbour Has Been Restless Because She's Carrying Twin / Mothers Please Advice A Frustrated Married Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.