Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act (16470 Views)

SIZA Foundation Applauds NDLEA For Busting meth Labs In Anambra, Lagos / SIZA Foundation Unveiled, Launches Book On Fight Against Drug Among Youths / Abba Kyari's Burial: FCTA Reacts To Unprofessional Conduct At Gudu Cemetery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by dailybuzzng: 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2021
SIZA Foundation Reacts To meth Addiction In Southeast, Urges NDLEA to Spread Investigative Network

As the issue of drug addiction continues to pose a challenge among the youth population, the Founder/President SIZA Foundation, a non-governmental organisation dedication for anti-drug advocacy, Ms Emmanuella Adaeze Ezissi has described the menace of 'meth' in the South-East as a scourge, calling on relevant authorities to arrest the menace.

Describing it further as a social disaster, Ms Ezissi stressed that the permeating culture of substance abuse has increased the level of social vices among the youthful population.

Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, popularly known as ‘meth’ in Igbo land or crystal meth, comes in clear crystal chunks or shiny blue-white rocks. Also called Ice or glass on the streets.

The advocate in a press parley on Monday said even though no social group or status is totally immuned from the menace noted that it is commonly seen among unemployed youths.

This she said is not unconnected with efforts to induce euphoria as a means of temporarily escaping life challenges staring at them.

She therefore called on the relevant government agencies, especially the reinvigorated National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA under the leadership of Buba Marwa to spread its investigative network around the South East region, particularly Anambra said identified as hotbed of the 'meth' menace.

"First NDLEA must scatter their investigative unit across the 326 wards in the state (Anambra) to discover those who responsibile for distributing this hallucinating agent to our youths" she advised.

She further advocated that identified drug victims should be sent to rehabilitation centres before being reintegrated into the larger society.

According to Ms Ezissi, there is need to raise the tempo of awareness campaign especially at the grass root level to orientate the youths of the health and social implications of consuming the psychoactive substance

She further called for a stiffer legislative framework that will disincentivise the use of drugs as a robust measure to curb crime and criminality in the society.

During the official unveiling of SIZA Foundation recently in Abuja, Ms Ezissi also launched her book titled, "Combating Drug Abuse Among the Youth, Its Impact On National Security, Crime Reduction and Peace Election"

It attracted stakeholders from NDLEA, NAPTIP and others.

https://www.statepress.ng/2021/11/siza-foundation-reacts-to-mkpuru-mmiri.html

2 Likes

Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by dailybuzzng: 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2021
Photos

1 Share

Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by athaboi(f): 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
I appreciate the campaign against this drug in the east but let it been known that this same drug is all over the country! It's called ice somewhere in ogun state and they are really taking it very well there too! The name mpkuru mmiri is just the name they gave it in the east using igbo language. It's seriously addictive and should be vigorously pursued out of reach. I also strongly advise that it should not be allowed to step into northern Nigeria bcoz if they taste it hmmmm! It is finished, I don't know if it has gotten there yet but I'm sure is in the east and west

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
meth

grin

see how the name dey sound like Evil thing sef

6 Likes

Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by flexlatifa: 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
We igbos don support bad things unlike afojas and bandits alias cow boy...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by Hespee93: 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
Okay

Modified!!!

Those monica above me, God will judge you grin grin grin
Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by cbrezy(m): 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
cheesy
Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by maureensylvia(f): 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
Terrible

This is a serious matter, whoever that is producing what these youths are taking has evil intention to cutoff young people. It's a deliberate plan.

The producer should be arrested.

This is a deadly drug and stop your friends and family from taking it.

It is a lack of gainful employment and guidance from the right agencies and organizations that is the cause of such delinquency in our Youth population.

I hope the government and the people of Nigeria would step up to curb this menace... Starting with this new action

MHD

2 Likes

Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by BruncleZuma: 9:48pm On Nov 23, 2021

2 Likes

Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by Tingotoe: 9:48pm On Nov 23, 2021
grin
Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by od501: 9:49pm On Nov 23, 2021
dailybuzzng:
SIZA Foundation Reacts To meth Addiction In Southeast, Urges NDLEA to Spread Investigative Network

As the issue of drug addiction continues to pose a challenge among the youth population, the Founder/President SIZA Foundation, a non-governmental organisation dedication for anti-drug advocacy, Ms Emmanuella Adaeze Ezissi has described the menace of 'meth' in the South-East as a scourge, calling on relevant authorities to arrest the menace.

Describing it further as a social disaster, Ms Ezissi stressed that the permeating culture of substance abuse has increased the level of social vices among the youthful population.

Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, popularly known as ‘meth’ in Igbo land or crystal meth, comes in clear crystal chunks or shiny blue-white rocks. Also called Ice or glass on the streets.

The advocate in a press parley on Monday said even though no social group or status is totally immuned from the menace noted that it is commonly seen among unemployed youths.

This she said is not unconnected with efforts to induce euphoria as a means of temporarily escaping life challenges staring at them.

She therefore called on the relevant government agencies, especially the reinvigorated National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA under the leadership of Buba Marwa to spread its investigative network around the South East region, particularly Anambra said identified as hotbed of the 'meth' menace.

"First NDLEA must scatter their investigative unit across the 326 wards in the state (Anambra) to discover those who responsibile for distributing this hallucinating agent to our youths" she advised.

She further advocated that identified drug victims should be sent to rehabilitation centres before being reintegrated into the larger society.

According to Ms Ezissi, there is need to raise the tempo of awareness campaign especially at the grass root level to orientate the youths of the health and social implications of consuming the psychoactive substance

She further called for a stiffer legislative framework that will disincentivise the use of drugs as a robust measure to curb crime and criminality in the society.

During the official unveiling of SIZA Foundation recently in Abuja, Ms Ezissi also launched her book titled, "Combating Drug Abuse Among the Youth, Its Impact On National Security, Crime Reduction and Peace Election"

It attracted stakeholders from NDLEA, NAPTIP and others.

https://www.statepress.ng/2021/11/siza-foundation-reacts-to-mkpuru-mmiri.html

I like the approach itnos are giving to this Mkpurumiri thing. Kudos!
Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by FalseProphet1(m): 9:49pm On Nov 23, 2021
sad
Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by mach7(m): 9:49pm On Nov 23, 2021
NDLEA, please act! angry

Na so Opioid addiction for US take start.

5 Likes

Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by oluwasegun007(m): 9:50pm On Nov 23, 2021
Insecurity is the post effect drug abuse
Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by Martinez39s(m): 9:51pm On Nov 23, 2021
Addiction is a bad thing. It can have lasting and adverse effects on people's lives, making them incur incalculable losses. It has even ruined people's lives and put them in situations they can't come out from.

Stay away from hard drugs. SMH.

2 Likes

Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by Gtat: 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2021
Breaking Bad

3 Likes

Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by stampo: 9:54pm On Nov 23, 2021
Some have food but cannot eat
Some can eat but have no food..

Nigeria..... which way
Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by illicit(m): 9:57pm On Nov 23, 2021
Ice
Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by Prosmobi: 9:58pm On Nov 23, 2021
This drug(ice)is killing youths in my community...the side effects are as follows:loss of appetite,mood swings,lack of sleep,selling of their properties and loss of weight.

3 Likes

Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by authority2006(m): 10:05pm On Nov 23, 2021
Patrioticman007:

Hear this hypocrite, " if they taste it hmmmm its finished ".

I'm afraid but he said the honest truth. Those guys in the North will overdo, dem and drug addiction are like 5 and 6

2 Likes

Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by Deiks: 10:08pm On Nov 23, 2021
Shut up all this government I no before you kill a dog you will first of all give it a bad name ....
Now is mkpuru mmini shebi una dey mad one by one ...do you think if there is job they will engage in hard drugs if I vex ehhhhh ..well I don't have anything to say I reserved my comments am preparing for a wedding in the north make no body worry me grin

1 Like

Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by Nigercity: 10:16pm On Nov 23, 2021
I love
The way south eastern are voicing out against this drug..
Meanwhile In other part of Nigeria especially Lagos.. plenty people the take ice

1 Like

Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by MiaBeer(m): 10:17pm On Nov 23, 2021
I know of a widow that get up at 4 am to prepare pap and akara she will sell because she has 5 mouths to feed. FG will now act or worry about losers who take meth instead of this woman. Those who take meth should look for the nearest transformers and hug them for all I care. Nonsense lipsrsealed
Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by vedaxcool(m): 10:19pm On Nov 23, 2021
smiley
Any society that celebrates drug barons shall surely moan about drug addicts! They shouldn't stop at mkpurummiri, they must denounce those who peddle drugs too other countries and destroy the youths of such country!

4 Likes

Re: SIZA Foundation Reacts To MkpuruMmiri Addiction In SouthEast, Urges NDLEA To Act by ExudeLoveToAll: 10:20pm On Nov 23, 2021
Faller:
Hausa - Beggy Beggy / Banditry

Yoruba - Skull Mining

Igbo - meth

Nigeria which way
Methamphetamine is all over the COUNTRY it is a menace now. NDLEA is not a serious organization, maybe they are thinking it is the new marijuana in town.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vaccine: "Don't Play Politics With Nigerian Lives" - BUA Replies CACOVID / Monkey Pox: Stop Eating Bush Meat, Monkeys & Dead Animals - Health Minister / Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.