Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,512 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering (6956 Views)

South African Brothers Vanish With $3.6Bn In Bitcoins / Invest In Our Company And Earn Between 12.5M To 50M (serious Investors Only) / Do You Have 5m To 30m To Invest? Why Fixing For Just 6% ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering by Golan007: 1:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

That is not what they are selling.

There selling point is embedded finance. Which many fintech does already...i hope they survive and not close down.

Their trade secret was not revealed.

They sell embedded finance - yes.

But what makes their's different?

We don't know.

I only gave examples of what might be considered improvements on what already exists in the market.

Believe me, investors do their due diligence way beyond a mere Nairaland post supposes.
Re: Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering by InvertedHammer: 1:34pm On Nov 24, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

Hehehe grin
Good boy, dis one comport and type positively after seeing what happened to his Nairaland canceller above, with all the gbas-gbos.
Wise hammer! grin
/
In their chosen line of business, $3.5m is a token.

I believe the VCs gave them the fund as play money.

It will be a miracle if the company survives up to 4 years.

/
Re: Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 24, 2021
SmartyPants:

Those that need the service will surely understand it. This is a b2b application so the real consumer is already likely to be finance and tech savvy enough to get it.

But to simply it, they offer a way of extending a bank's services such that non bank institutions can leverage those services as third party vendors, and offer them to consumers just like retailers do.

Lol...literally they are saying that they are offering embedded finance. There are lot of companies doing that already.

And it is not only a b2b application but Also b2c
Re: Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering by wman(m): 1:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

Nairaland members are correcting you and giving you good advice, but you resort to your usual insults?
It is good to know we have rules and regulations guiding this forum.
Seun, Mynd44 Justwise Dominique & the OP of the thread.
Rule 2 broken.

Seun, Mynd44 Justwise Dominique

Rule 20. Complaints to or against moderators must be sent privately

Rule 19. Don't use alternate accounts to access Nairaland after being banned. If you do, make sure we don't find out Ilovedemmanna and Nlpolicewoman are the same. All used to spam the forum and cause nuisance.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
In their chosen line of business, $3.5m is a token.

I believe the VCs gave them the fund as play money.

It will be a miracle if the company survives up to 4 years.

/

Lol, you are funny.

You didn't add that the founders own nothing of the business.

The vc now owns the business and can sack the founders
Re: Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering by Golan007: 1:44pm On Nov 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Lol, you are funny.

You didn't add that the founders own nothing of the business.

The vc now owns the business and can sack the founders

You read the contract?
Re: Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
Golan007:

You read the contract?

Because it happens like that.

I hope you saw the number of VCs that raised the funds?
Re: Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering by Golan007: 2:08pm On Nov 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Because it happens like that.

I hope you saw the number of VCs that raised the funds?

Contracts differ and you know that.
Re: Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering by techWriter1: 2:14pm On Nov 24, 2021
Just reject your future.know those fellas in the photograph, they not rocketing.
Re: Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering by TheOgaBoss: 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Lol...literally they are saying that they are offering embedded finance. There are lot of companies doing that already.

And it is not only a b2b application but Also b2c

I don't think it is b2c, it is b2b since their focus is on api

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering by mrnelsono(m): 2:20pm On Nov 24, 2021
This is wonderful..... great... kudos to them

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 24, 2021
TheOgaBoss:
I don't think it is b2c, it is b2c since their focus is on api

You are contradicting yourself.

The focus isnt api but they are going to use api from existing infrastructure to provide services to both b2b and b2c customers.
Re: Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 24, 2021
Golan007:

Contracts differ and you know that.

Fyi, most startups in Nigeria aren't owned by Nigerians, they are either registered in the uk or in delaware with Vc owning about 99% or sometimes 100% of the company.

The money VC are giving you are just like loans in exchange for a percentage of your company, the more they put in money, the more your shares get diluted until you have nothing.

At the end of the day, you work for the VC not yourself and if the business gets successful, the VCs win not you.
Re: Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering by Golan007: 2:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Fyi, most startups in Nigeria aren't owned by Nigerians, they are either registered in the uk or in delaware with Vc owning about 99% or sometimes 100% of the company.

The money VC are giving you are just like loans in exchange for a percentage of your company, the more they put in money, the more your shares get diluted until you have nothing.

At the end of the day, you work for the VC not yourself and if the business gets successful, the VCs win not you.

Guy, your complaint is tiresome.

Venture capitalists are out to make money, yet there are many startups who go on to sell at a profit.

Whilst still being engaged, those who champion the concept are often guaranteed good remuneration, a stake and possibility of cashing out big time.

Contracts are individualistic even if they follow a standardised template.

This happens worldwide.
Re: Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering by TheOgaBoss: 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You are contradicting yourself.

The focus isnt api but they are going to use api from existing infrastructure to provide services to both b2b and b2c customers.
sorry I meant to type b2b the second time
Re: Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering by einsteine(m): 2:46pm On Nov 24, 2021
Their product will be good for companies like Spar or ShopRite. Spar can issue cards and accounts for their customers and offer credit which you can use to buy groceries while paying later. Cooperative societies and clubs can also benefit from the product.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
Golan007:

Guy, your complaint is tiresome.

Venture capitalists are out to make money, yet there are many startups who go on to sell at a profit.

Whilst still being engaged, those who champion the concept are often guaranteed good remuneration, a stake and possibility of cashing out big time.

Contracts are individualistic even if they follow a standardised template.

This happens worldwide.

Where did i complain??

Writing my opinion down is now a complaint
Re: Nigeria’s Onepipe Raises $3.5M To Double Down On Its Embedded Finance Offering by Aganju849: 12:15am On Nov 25, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://techcrunch.com/2021/11/23/nigerias-onepipe-raises-3-5m-to-double-down-on-its-embedded-finance-offering/?tpcc=tcplustwitter&s=08

Nigeria is not ready for any of these integrated finance stuff. All this interconnected systems are the reason why Nigerian scammers find it so easy to make moves in the developed world, but the reason their system has not really collapsed is because law enforcement works.

Here in Nigeria police, judge and efcc only want their cut from whatever you stole, they are not interested in law enforcement or justice. If you bring these things to Nigeria the common man will lose all his money and suffer

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make $50-300 Within 2-3hours For Free Without Any Initial Capital / Cadbury Account Overstatement Scandal: Bunmi Oni Why? / How Do I withdraw My Money From Adclickxpress.com?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.