Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,545 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:43 PM

Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX (34178 Views)

University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) / Bank To Sponsor Little Girl Studying By ATM Light To University Level / Parents Of Madonna Varsity Students Detained Over Facebook Posts Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by Yankee101: 3:02pm On Nov 25, 2021
See school abeg

Naija lecturer dey make students kneel down

Chei

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by TMKsouth: 3:02pm On Nov 25, 2021
Ppogbae:

I don't have to be South African to know about South Africa (the same way you dont have to be Nigerian to know about Nigeria). Many, including me, have travelled there to see for ourselves. The original point that I think the moniker was point back to is that the infrastructure, wealth and quality of life that South Africa has is the result of white rule that built all of these in the place sthey resided. Heck, alot of the domestic companies in your country that contribute significantly to the South African economy are white owned.

Black SA companies have been able to produce wealth exceeding the total annual GDP of Kenya in less than 30 years of freedom and quality education. That's probably near to the same contribution of Nigeria's business when u eliminate oil exports which amount to over 70% of your GDP. So IronGalaxy is right, you don't know SA like the locals do, no matter how many times you come visit to kiss white butt.

30% of SA's GDP is around $110 billion+ (at current rate) - that's the black share, and expected to grow to 70% in the coming decades.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by movetoca: 3:02pm On Nov 25, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Nothing's refreshing like honesty. This type of coon thinking will do us a disservice as black people, We live with white people and some of us grew up going to school with them and honestly, whites aren't all that trust me, In SA you would even teach a white person in a corporate setting how to do a job and all of a sudden that white person becomes ahead of you not because that white person is smarter but because of white privilege which exists everywhere including south africa.
I live in Canada so I totally understand what you're saying Brother. The way majority of Nigerians worship pale skin people including Lebanese is disgusting. Some even call them master...in 21st century. I'm from Bonny Island, Where every girl wants to have a mixed child. A homeless white man in America can meet governors in Nigeria before their prominent indigenes. Nigeria is a disgrace to Africa. Now I understand why Black Americans doesn't like Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by TMKsouth: 3:08pm On Nov 25, 2021
Ppogbae:

Your country's wealth still lies with White people. They own all of your top companies and industries. They also own majority of the land. Mind you, land is a huge part of generational wealth.

False narrative. Black business owns 30% of the economy in less than 30 years of freedom.

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by TMKsouth: 3:19pm On Nov 25, 2021
AfriqueDuZuid:

If you had interest in tech you would have known.

If you had interest in finance you would have known.

But since you hell bent on being negative ill let you be wink

SA is a huge on FinTech and Joburg as the financial hub would obviously lead in this field. Good examples cool
Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by TMKsouth: 3:25pm On Nov 25, 2021
AfriqueDuZuid:

The gap hasn't changed but the ownership has

Exactly, there's a difference. At some point all races saw their incomes rise and obviously those who had more before would continue to keep that advantage - hence no change in inequality levels.

cc Ppogbae - this doesn't mean black people are still poor, although they make up the largest group among those who are poor. Hope this makes sense to your rustic coon brain.
Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by TMKsouth: 3:29pm On Nov 25, 2021
snoopz:
Se na library wey the books dey up to date go make sense to read in..

Sadly one of their libraries burnt down in April due to wildfires on Table Mountain.

https://www.nairaland.com/6512480/university-cape-town-fire-photos

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by TMKsouth: 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2021
wildikeman:

Brother help me educate goose idiots from South African... As if they have gained anything since 1995 that Mandela took over...

They should thank the whites. Ingrates

Has Nigeria even come close to some of the achievements by black leadership in SA since '1995' as u so erroneously quoted? 60 years of independence and massive oil wealth and u still dont come close to what the ANC has achieved.

U wanna put Nigerian failures on black South Africans - u will fail spectacularly.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by TMKsouth: 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2021
KingEverest:

oh God wen did i said that undecided

Implicitly, u said it.

When are u ever gonna praise black South Africans for their achievements? Everyday it's whites this, whites that. Even when a black person practices Ubuntu by motivating students to keep studying it's credited to whites for building that university during apartheid.

Go through that list of ANC achievements and notice how dramatic a success story black leadership has been in SA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by KingEverest: 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2021
TMKsouth:

Implicitly, u said it.

When are u ever gonna praise black South Africans for their achievements? Everyday it's whites this, whites that. Even when a black person practices Ubuntu by motivating students to keep studying it's credited to whites for building that university during apartheid.

Go through that list of ANC achievements and notice how dramatic a success story black leadership has been in SA.

the same black SA killing nigerians, i reserve my praise

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by TMKsouth: 4:00pm On Nov 25, 2021
LeSudAfricaine:
You want your equally idiotic friend to educate on self_hate?

Tell me what have you gained in your 60 years of independence other that drowning in the Mediterranean in droves fleeing to whitey's lands.

Libya returned 200 of them yesterday. In a separate incident others drowned in the English Channel yesterday as well. This is what they have reduced themselves to while calling others idiots but they are 200 million brains that can't run a country,

cc wildikeman

2 Likes

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by ivolt: 4:03pm On Nov 25, 2021
Jman06:
What if platinum wasn't there in the first place? Or loses its market values for any reasons What would be left of our beloved Africa In terms of human capital? Technology? Etc
What is human capital and technology?
Doesn't Ogbanje count

Mind you, some of us who criticize the way things are done here in Africa ain't doing that because we hate on our kinds but because of our burning desire to see Africa stand shoulder to shoulder with the rest of the world.
Talk is cheap!
You are one of the numerous problems we have.
And you are not alone, the majority actually agrees with you.
What should we really expect from a group of people whose only deduction
from seeing an organized society is to blame "our leaders" even though the society
itself was not the product of leaders.

Manh, when you place the black and white races in comparison as they presently stand, the differences are just too clear in terms of reasoning and ways of life generally. Every critical thinker will always question why Africans have continued to remain the way we are.

Critical thinkers identify real problems and proffer solutions.
Lazy thinkers on the other hand prefer to "agitate" and "fight" imaginary and incidental problems because it is not trivial to face the real problems.

2 Likes

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by ivolt: 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2021
TMKsouth:

Who told u good roads, quality housing and schools don't contribute to human development? Aren't good schools a source of knowledge and future technological innovation?

Don't fool yourself into thinking Europe wasn't first developed off the back of African mineral wealth (hence colonialism) - the knowledge economy followed that, which some African countries are now developing into.

The funny thing is this white worshippers never criticise UAE or other rich gulf states for their
oil-funded infrastructures.

2 Likes

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by TMKsouth: 4:07pm On Nov 25, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Unfortunately it will go in one ear and get out on the other, because it doesn't fit their narrative of an unproductive, inferior black man. We are saying the right things but to a dumb crowd,

Yeah, they have a worldwide reputation for coonery, so unfortunately we not gonna succeed changing their mindset.

That initial white butt kissing comment is getting close to 100 likes now shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by ivolt: 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2021
Do you ask UAE or Norway what if they don't have oil?
I bet you don't because it will be wrong to criticize a superior.

2 Likes

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by TMKsouth: 4:11pm On Nov 25, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Nothing's refreshing like honesty. This type of coon thinking will do us a disservice as black people, We live with white people and some of us grew up going to school with them and honestly, whites aren't all that trust me, In SA you would even teach a white person in a corporate setting how to do a job and all of a sudden that white person becomes ahead of you not because that white person is smarter but because of white privilege which exists everywhere including south africa.

True dat. A lot of whites are dumb - it's just that colonialism, apartheid and racism ensure they got and continue to get opportunities and a better quality of life than bright blacks.
Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by TMKsouth: 4:16pm On Nov 25, 2021
KingEverest:

the same black SA killing nigerians, i reserve my praise

So it's denial. I get it now.

Maybe if Nigerians weren't synonymous with criminality across the continent they wouldn't always be in the firing line. But I get u - you're Mr Denial wink

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by ivolt: 4:19pm On Nov 25, 2021
hoover420:

I really commend the guy for his critical thinking.
The guy can't think let alone critically.

To be honest, i have thought about it a lot and I also came to the conclusion that the black race most especially Africans have a problem.
There is no political entity called Africa or Black race.

Maybe God just created us that way,i can't tell.
Care to explain what you mean by "that way".

Hopefully coming generations can change the narrative just like it happened with the Asians.
Nothing much has changed about Asia but few countries are better now.

Most of the asian countries started developing not less than 50 yrs ago so all hope is not lost on the black race
[/quote]
It is better to mention the countries, saying "Asian" only means you have not really thought about the issue.
What is it with comparing "Asian countries" many of which have nothing in common to the disparate "black race"?

2 Likes

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by TMKsouth: 4:26pm On Nov 25, 2021
ivolt:

The funny thing is this white worshippers never criticise UAE or other rich gulf states for their
oil-funded infrastructures.

And using Western brains and labour from developing countries. Emeratis just supervise.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by ModestGal(f): 5:20pm On Nov 25, 2021
TMKsouth:

Who told u good roads, quality housing and schools don't contribute to human development? Aren't good schools a source of knowledge and future technological innovation?

Don't fool yourself into thinking Europe wasn't first developed off the back of African mineral wealth (hence colonialism) - the knowledge economy followed that, which some African countries are now developing into.
Hmm
Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by ModestGal(f): 5:25pm On Nov 25, 2021
Hmmn
Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by ModestGal(f): 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2021
TMKsouth:

True dat. A lot of whites are dumb - it's just that colonialism, apartheid and racism ensure they got and continue to get opportunities and a better quality of life than bright blacks.
Lol.if you think whites are dumb ,I'm sorry, you are the dumb one. I live with white people bros,

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by TMKsouth: 5:28pm On Nov 25, 2021
ModestGal:

Lol.if you think whites are dumb ,I'm sorry, you are the dumb one. I live with white people bros,

Then you're dumb and dumber. That would explain why you look up to them.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by IronGalaxy: 6:48pm On Nov 25, 2021
ModestGal:

Lol.if you think whites are dumb ,I'm sorry, you are the dumb one. I live with white people [/bros,
Sounds like an achievement of the century. Lol

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by ModestGal(f): 8:07pm On Nov 25, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Sounds like an achievement of the century. Lol
Well,of course it is an achievement
Because it costs me millions of money,time, etc and a long process for that matter. Dear, it is my 2021 achievement

2 Likes

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by Ppogbae: 10:23pm On Nov 25, 2021
TMKsouth:

False narrative. Black business owns 30% of the economy in less than 30 years of freedom.

How is what I said false? Who owns the other 70%? grin

Mind you, 72% of your land is also owned by Whites

3 Likes

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by Ppogbae: 10:31pm On Nov 25, 2021
TMKsouth:

Exactly, there's a difference. At some point all races saw their incomes rise and obviously those who had more before would continue to keep that advantage - hence no change in inequality levels.

cc Ppogbae - this doesn't mean black people are still poor, although they make up the largest group among those who are poor. Hope this makes sense to your rustic coon brain.

Make this make sense. And you're saying I'm the one with a rustic brain grin

The ANC has simply not made ground since 1994 and Whites disproportionately own your country's wealth. There are hours upon hours of video and several papers to back this up. Why do you think Malema and the EFF are always making noise up and down? This video comes to mind regarding black progress since 1994:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd-BB5U9BAg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by Grozny: 10:47pm On Nov 25, 2021
TMKsouth:

How is this refuting what that moniker said? 70% of the economy is stilled owned by Whites who are around 10% of your population. There's a reason why Malema and the EFF have garnered so much support over the years - and I support them to.

2 Likes

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by samtol4(m): 3:11am On Nov 26, 2021
franchasng:
South Africans should be grateful to White folks from Netherlands that made their nation to escape being the grestest shithole nation on earth.

If Nigeria had just 100,000 population of white people as citizens, believe me, Nigeria would have been one of the greatest countries on earth.

Take it or leave it, there is a fundamental problem with the black race.

But self delusion, self denial, hypocrisy and foolish faking of patriotism have made blacks to remain prideful in their generational failures as a race.

Is this inferiority complex? A black woman show act of kindness but you are busy praising white here .

2 Likes

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by samtol4(m): 3:14am On Nov 26, 2021
This woman full of love,kindness and humility. At times she will drive to the airport to pick International students. Her humility is worthy of emulation. The University community calls her " second mother " . I hope Nigerian VCs can learn one or two things from this woman .

1 Like

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by samtol4(m): 3:19am On Nov 26, 2021
A black woman , a Prof of the best university in Africa, has shown the act of love, kindness, and humility; instead of you guys emulating her modesty, you Are busy talking about white in South Africa. It is not every time you argue over irrelevant things. This woman has done exceptionally well; she can easily access Twitter, email, and Facebook. She replied to messages by herself. Nigerian VCs need to learn from this South African woman

2 Likes

Re: Cape Town Varsity Students Surprised With Chocolates While Studying by VC (PIX by seanwilliam(m): 3:31am On Nov 26, 2021
IronGalaxy:
The level of white worship is shocking, logic even goes out of the window. Imagine becoming the greatest country on earth because you have 100 000 white people. Its embarrassing man.
tell me a successfully run Black Country in the world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Water-Logged Class In Akwa Ibom School / AAU Ekpoma Releases Her 2015/2016 Post Utme Results. / 16 Errors That Are Still Taught In Nigerian Schools Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.