Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Drunken Laughter And The Fruits Of The Spirit - Video fault now fixed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Drunken Laughter And The Fruits Of The Spirit - Video fault now fixed (1550 Views)

The Fruits Of Unrighteousness: Run Away From Them / The Fruits Of Your Work Are In The Hands Of God / The Fruits Of Christianity Is Evil And Diabolical (watch This Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drunken Laughter And The Fruits Of The Spirit - Video fault now fixed by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2011
Re: Drunken Laughter And The Fruits Of The Spirit - Video fault now fixed by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2011
Posted on May 2, 2011 by Chrystal Whitt

In this video, you’ll see Kathie Walters of Kathie Walters Ministry, and Sid Roth staggering around drunkenly, and laughing in an uncontrollable manner. The lady on the front row dressed in pink is the wife of gospel singer Paul Wilbur.

Teachers in the prophetic movement would have you believe this behavior is evidence of the power of the Holy Spirit, but the Bible gives the fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) as this:

Love
Joy
Peace
Patience
Kindness
Goodness
Faithfulness
Gentleness
Self-control

So, if we rightly divide God’s Word and compare the teachings of these people with Scripture, what we find is that their teachings are contrary to the Bible. The only thing we can conclude, therefore, if we wish to obey God’s Word, is that we should reject them. For, if what they teach is not in line with God’s Word, it’s false.

Comparing the behavior in this video with Galatians 5:19-21 will give us a clear answer as to what the source of their power is – the flesh. Indeed, the deeds of the flesh are:

Immorality
Impurity
Sensuality
Idolatry
Sorcery
Enmities
Strife
Jealousy
Outbursts of anger
Disputes
Dissensions
Factions
Envying
Drunkenness
Carousing

Verse 21 goes on to warn:

“… of which I forewarn you just as I have forewarned you that those who practice such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”

See the contrast between the fruits of the Spirit and the deeds of the flesh?

Now, watch this video and compare their behavior to the characteristics above. Is what you’re seeing the fruits of the Spirit or the deeds of the flesh?

I think it’s pretty clear.

http://slaughteringthesheep./2011/05/02/drunken-laughter-and-the-fruits-of-the-spirit/
Re: Drunken Laughter And The Fruits Of The Spirit - Video fault now fixed by nlMediator: 3:19pm On Jun 09, 2011
Are you kidding? Using the listing of the fruit of the spirit in Gal. 5 to restrict the various ways the Spirit of God could choose to manifest Himself is strange.
Re: Drunken Laughter And The Fruits Of The Spirit - Video fault now fixed by PstRotimi1: 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2011
Dear frosbel, 1Cor 12:7 says the manifestation of the Spirit is given to everyone to profit withal. You need to get to know the Holy Spirit and you will understand His workings. I didnt really see the video cos of poor link here, but when the Holy Spirit came upon the apostles and brethren in acts , men asked the people asked looking asked themselves if desciples were drunk seeing it was the first hour of the day. Please read below

Act 2:14  But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
Act 2:15  For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
Act 2:16  But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Act 2:17  And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18  And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

The manifest presence of God will always produce results
Re: Drunken Laughter And The Fruits Of The Spirit - Video fault now fixed by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 09, 2011
Hmm, what a farce !!

First -   Peter told them that they were not drunk and also in many other verses asked believers to be sober and vigilant, not drunk and vigilant.

Second - They spoke in languages that people understood not gibberish

Third - There was no falling down

Fourth - Real converts were produced and the real gospel was preached about repentance from sin and dead works, not some heretical trash preaching on word of faith or wealth doctrine.
Re: Drunken Laughter And The Fruits Of The Spirit - Video fault now fixed by PstRotimi1: 5:12pm On Jun 09, 2011
Hmm, what a farce !!

First - Peter told them that they were not drunk and also in many other verses asked believers to be sober and vigilant, not drunk and vigilant.

Fourth - Real converts were produced and the real gospel was preached about repentance from sin and dead works, not some heretical trash preaching on word of faith or wealth doctrine.

frosbel, are you baptised in the Holy Ghost?
Re: Drunken Laughter And The Fruits Of The Spirit - Video fault now fixed by nlMediator: 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2011
frosbel:

Hmm, what a farce !!

First - Peter told them that they were not drunk and also in many other verses asked believers to be sober and vigilant, not drunk and vigilant.

I get it. So because abuse is present, everything about a phenomenon is discredited. That's even more farcical than your initial criticsm.
Re: Drunken Laughter And The Fruits Of The Spirit - Video fault now fixed by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 09, 2011
NLMediator:

I get it. So because abuse is present, everything about a phenomenon is discredited. That's even more farcical than your initial criticsm.

I am not here to condemn anyone but to point out certain truths.

Anyway let us see what true anointing is all about vs fake anointing

TRUE ANNOINTING

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to:

1. Preach good news to the poor.
2. Bind up the brokenhearted
3. Proclaim freedom for the captives
4. Release from darkness for the prisoners,

FALSE ANOINTING

1. Barking
2. Spiritual laughter
3. Random falling down all over the place
4. anything goes, etc etc etc etc
Re: Drunken Laughter And The Fruits Of The Spirit - Video fault now fixed by yommyuk: 10:52pm On Jun 09, 2011
@post

You seem to be mixing the 'CHARACTER' and the 'MANIFESTATION' of the Holy Spirit. The fruits of the Spirit is the character of Jesus which all believers must emulate, but regarding the manifestation of the Holy Spirit, that is a whole new ball game.

1 Corin 12:4-6
There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same spirits is the source of them all. There ared different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord. God works in different ways, but the same God does the work in all of us.

As a member of Celestial Church of Christ, the manifestation of the Holy Spirit like the day of pentecost is a common occurence. Happens all the time. We have seen barren women caught up in the spirit by rolling on the floor with foam coming out of their mouth. The same power that raised Christ from the death operating in them.

Personal Experience
During the service one day, suddenly my wife was picked up from the chair and brought to her knees. She was shaking like a leaf.  She told me she felt her womb being removed and replaced. She tried to get up but was held down by a powerful force. I remember that day, people were acting funny. However what took place that day and the prophesy that came out of it still blows my mind till today. And you have the gut to come on a forum like NL and spew total ignorance.

WARNING

Matthew 12:31-32
So I tell you every sin and blasphemy can be forgiven except the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which can never be forgiven. Anyone who speaks against the son of man can be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, either in this world or in the world to come
Ignorance will not be an excuse

For the Word of God says in Matthew 12:36-37
And I tell you this; you must give account on judgement day for every idle word you speak. The words you say will either acquit you or condemn you.

ADVICE

John 3:8
The wind blows wherever it wants. Just as you can hear the wind but can’t tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can’t explain how people are born of the Spirit

It is better to keep quiet on things u don't know anything about
God bless cool
Re: Drunken Laughter And The Fruits Of The Spirit - Video fault now fixed by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2011
@yommyuk

You seem to be mixing the 'CHARACTER' and the 'MANIFESTATION' of the Holy Spirit. The fruits of the Spirit is the character of Jesus which all believers must emulate, but regarding the manifestation of the Holy Spirit, that is a whole new ball game.

How else does the Holy Spirit manifest himself if not in the creation of fruits of GOD in the lives of obedient children of GOD and providing us with the boldness to preach the gospel and heal the sick , cast out demons etc.

1 Corin 12:4-6
There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same spirits is the source of them all. There ared different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord. God works in different ways, but the same God does the work in all of us.

Okay and gifts make one bark like a GOD and laugh for no reason ?

As a member of Celestial Church of Christ, the manifestation of the Holy Spirit like the day of pentecost is a common occurence. Happens all the time. We have seen barren women caught up in the spirit by rolling on the floor with foam coming out of their mouth. The same power that raised Christ from the death operating in them.

with foam coming out of their mouth  undecided  ae you serious or joking  undecided

" So they brought him. When the spirit saw Jesus, it immediately threw the boy into a convulsion. He fell to the ground and rolled around, foaming at the mouth." - Mark 9:20

The Holy Spirit anointing was used to cast out a devil in this case , so is the the experience people in your church keep having 

Personal Experience
During the service one day, suddenly my wife was picked up from the chair and brought to her knees. She was shaking like a leaf.  She told me she felt her womb being removed and replaced. She tried to get up but was held down by a powerful force. I remember that day, people were acting funny. However what took place that day and the prophesy that came out of it still blows my mind till today. And you have the gut to come on a forum like NL and spew total ignorance

Because of your wife and the sensitivity of the situation I will not comment here !!

WARNING

Matthew 12:31-32
So I tell you every sin and blasphemy can be forgiven except the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which can never be forgiven. Anyone who speaks against the son of man can be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, either in this world or in the world to come

Context please.

Jesus cast a devil out of a person , and the Pharisees said he used the power of Beelzebub , hence the statement Jesus made.

I do not deny the power of the Holy Spirit to heal, deliver, save etc.  I have prayed for someone a whIle back who was grievously ill with malaria , he was healed but there was no sign of falling down, foaming from the mouth etc, Just a simple prayer made in FAITH.

An in-law was at the point of death a few months ago, i prayed with a brother and he was healed, again with no falling, screaming, barking or such signs.

For the Word of God says in Matthew 12:36-37
And I tell you this; you must give account on judgement day for every idle word you speak. The words you say will either acquit you or condemn you.

Another misquotation.

You shall account for every idle word you speak against the SON of MAN.  I love my Jesus and will never speak against HIM.
ADVICE

John 3:8
The wind blows wherever it wants. Just as you can hear the wind but can’t tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can’t explain how people are born of the Spirit

Another misquotation.

This verse was a statement Jesus made to Nicodemus on the concept of getting BORN AGAIN into the kingdom of GOD, an action that is carried out by the Holy Spirit.

God bless
Re: Drunken Laughter And The Fruits Of The Spirit - Video fault now fixed by yommyuk: 1:14am On Jun 10, 2011
@ frosbel

How else does the Holy Spirit manifest himself if not in the creation of fruits of GOD in the lives of obedient children of GOD and providing us with the boldness to preach the gospel and heal the sick , cast out demons etc.

Good question.

Sometimes all one has to do is stay in the presence of the Lord. Just by singing spiritual hymns can bring the magnificent glory of God (Holy Spirit) to work in you. It can use you as a vessel to preach, prophesy, heal, roll over, whatever. The same Spirit that spoke thru Balaam's horse can speak thru us. In celestial church of christ we call it 'the voice that comes that even the speaker doesn't know where it is coming from' or Emi Orun (The Spirit of Heaven'.)

Example, An elder can pray. for the manifestation of the Holy spirit to come into a prophet, instantly the Holy Spirit takes over that person. Common occurrence bro. My immediate elder bro has this gift. So this is not fake or heresy. This is for real. If you want prove, let me have your email, and I will forward my brother's contact details to you.  cool

You may asked me to quote a bible verse for proof. I call that ignorance. We do not read the bible only in the literal sense. We seek the hidden spiritual knowledge that goes with it. A bibical quotation can have many revelations. It is up to you to seek what applies to your situation.

Okay and gifts make one bark like a GOD and laugh for no reason ?

In the context of laughing and barking, possible and with reason.

Psalm 51:7,10-11
Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal Spirit within me. Don't banish me from your presence and don't take you Holy Spirit from me.

A new believer sometimes comes with a lot of garbage. As the result of this, barking can be a way of releasing sin from the system or laughing can also be a way of God making a new believer laugh at the sin he/she once committed. Meaning making mockery of sin. So it is up to God to decide how he chooses to manifest his Spirit in each one of us. If you see a brother/ sister with a kind of strange manifestation, don't frown, give God the glory.

with foam coming out of their mouth    ae you serious or joking  Absolutely Not sad

" So they brought him. When the spirit saw Jesus, it immediately threw the boy into a convulsion. He fell to the ground and rolled around, foaming at the mouth." - Mark 9:20

The Holy Spirit anointing was used to cast out a devil in this case , so is the the experience people in your church keep having   

No! The foaming part is normally a healing process. The rolling on the ground  normally happens to new converts. As time passes by, the flow of the spirit in an individual stabilises. However once in a while it can happen to anyone. Don't ask me why. Ask God.

Context please.
It is better to kept quite on things you have not experienced or know nothing about. Being too critical in a way can be denomic and sinful

I do not deny the power of the Holy Spirit to heal, deliver, save etc.  I have prayed for someone a whIle back who was grievously ill with malaria , he was healed but there was no sign of falling down, foaming from the mouth etc, Just a simple prayer made in FAITH.

An in-law was at the point of death a few months ago, i prayed with a brother and he was healed, again with no falling, screaming, barking or such signs.

Absolutely! The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. But does that mean others who show different signs of the manifestion of the glory of God (Holy Spirit) fake or denomic? That is where you are wrong bro.

Sometimes one may not even need to pray but have faith that "with God all things are possible". It is the Holy Spirit that gives us faith. That faith can be exercised in different ways. likewise God can manifest the power of the Holy Spirit as he seems fit. The God who led the Israel thru the Red Sea could have choosen the forest. But he choose to do it the hard way. When the Lord says Yes, who are we to say No.

Another misquotation.

You shall account for every idle word you speak against the SON of MAN.  I love my Jesus and will never speak against HIM.

Another misquotation
@frosbel

Even if you speak against Jesus, the chance of you being forgiven is high, but  for speaking against the Holy Spirit, there is no forgiveness. That is why I am advising you to tread carefully on a topic you have little knowledge about. Pasting links from authors who only see Christianity from the western culture context is unwise and in extreme cases misleading.

Another misquotation.

This verse was a statement Jesus made to Nicodemus on the concept of getting BORN AGAIN into the kingdom of GOD, an action that is carried out by the Holy Spirit.

definitely not a misquotation. That is why we christians have to pray before we open and read the bible for God to reveal the true meaning of his word to us.

In the spiritual context, what is wind?

Wind translates the same word in Greek as 'SPIRIT' (pneuma). The wind is an apt image for the SPIRIT, who is sent from heaven and cannot be contained or controlled.

Brother Frosbel, I suggest that you read Jeremiah 18:1-10 to in order to gain better understanding on how God works.

God bless cool

(1) (Reply)

And Many People Think Animals Don’t Have Emotions(picture) / Why Believe In Jesus? / General Butt Nakd, Genocidal Liberian Warlord, Spared By The Grace Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.