Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Turn Around Strategy For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Turn Around Strategy For Nigeria (804 Views)

Poll: Will Credible Database help Nigeria achieve Good governance?

Yes: 60% (3 votes)
No: 40% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Cocoa Will Turn Around Osun’s Fortunes – Aregbesola / Boko Haram Has A Brand New Strategy For 2016, Says Apostle Johnson Suleman / Internal Generated Revenue Strategy For States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turn Around Strategy For Nigeria by otitokoro1: 2:20pm On Jun 09, 2011
I have looked critically into so many reasons why many government in Nigeria over the time failed,

There is a fundamental issue that I see as hindrance to any successful government in Nigeria,

Credible data Base,  On this issue it is better late than never.  The journey of one million years must start with a step.

With the advent of New Technology, Nigeria should start building a strong database that will take into account of our real population, reflecting, the numbers of Nigerian children, aged, working age, school leavers, unemployed and of course extending to tracking rural/urban Migration.

It is possible, within 3 years this could be achieved,

Borrowing a leave from the developed countries, We can use that to build a strong social security system for the Nigerian Citizen,

What is your view?
Re: Turn Around Strategy For Nigeria by otitokoro1: 3:33pm On Jun 10, 2011
Can Planning be done without adequate data? I doubt it. smiley
Re: Turn Around Strategy For Nigeria by gvconcept: 4:32pm On Jun 12, 2011
I don't think the abokis will make that work. It will only waste more time undecided
Re: Turn Around Strategy For Nigeria by Blazay(m): 6:02am On Jun 13, 2011
When are Nigerians gonna stop dreaming? undecided
Re: Turn Around Strategy For Nigeria by otitokoro1: 9:47am On Jun 13, 2011
When are Nigerians gonna stop dreaming? Undecided

Re: Turn Around Strategy For Nigeria by kodewrita(m): 2:55am On Jun 16, 2011
Databases exist. That is not the problem.

I am an IT person but I'll tell you that backwardness in IT is not the issue.

It is a 'people' problem. A corruptly-led government run by 'ghost ' workers, awarding inflated contracts with nebulous monitoring arrangements and deliberately negligent record keeping will defeat any MySQL/Oracle installation you come up with.
Re: Turn Around Strategy For Nigeria by otitokoro1: 1:55pm On Jun 16, 2011
Databases exist. That is not the problem.

I am an IT person but I'll tell you that backwardness in IT is not the issue.

It is a 'people' problem. A corruptly-led government run by 'ghost ' workers, awarding inflated contracts with nebulous monitoring arrangements and deliberately negligent record keeping will defeat any MySQL/Oracle installation you come up with.

You are quite right, but don't you think the database in Nigeria are not adequate? Don't you think the existing data were politically inclined in that they are proposed and implemented for selfish interest? For example our National ID card has no means of verification and it is not better than ordinary Plastic ID cards.

When we talking of Data base that will be quite useful for effective Governance, we must be looking at a data contracted to and unbiased IT company implemented by Politicians for political ambition. For instance if Nigeria decided to register all her citizen and issue microchip ID card that could be read on the card readers and other security machines. The registration could even be motivated with free education for children of registered citizens, special consideration for registered citizens in public places and so on,

I understand that some part of the country might go against this or may not want it to be successful but once it is passed into law, I know Nigerians, they will comply as time goes on and giving it a serious plan, we can achieve this in the span of 3 to 4 years,
Re: Turn Around Strategy For Nigeria by Sunofgod(m): 7:00pm On Jun 16, 2011
otitokoro1:

I have looked critically into so many reasons why many government in Nigeria over the time failed,

There is a fundamental issue that I see as hindrance to any successful government in Nigeria,

Credible data Base,  On this issue it is better late than never.  The journey of one million years must start with a step.

With the advent of New Technology, Nigeria should start building a strong database that will take into account of our real population, reflecting, the numbers of Nigerian children, aged, working age, school leavers, unemployed and of course extending to tracking rural/urban Migration.

It is possible, within 3 years this could be achieved,

Borrowing a leave from the developed countries, We can use that to build a strong social security system for the Nigerian Citizen,

What is your view?

If this is what you came up with after 'critical thinking' then Na Wa for you.

If your into building database's and your just 'touting' for business from the federal govt then just say so. I'm sure they will see your idea as a novel one (like the national ID Card Scam Project)

So throughtout the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, etc our 'Governments' have been constantly failing because of no database on its people and not because of corruption?

And as for 'Social Security' in Nigeria - Pleassseeeeeee.

In Nigeria its every man for himself - The Fed Govt certainly doesn't give a damn about providing 'Social Security' to its people. And quite frankly most Nigerians would prefer steady electricity.

(1) (Reply)

Senators Uncover Destabilisation Plot •acn Leaders Fingered. / Rescued Banks’ Net Losses Now N1.28tr / " A Fool At 70 " -obasanjo Replies Ibb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.