Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC (42216 Views)

Bobrisky: A Shameless, Disorderly And Idle Institution - Odinkalu Replies EFCC / Probe All You Want! You Can't Touch Me: Sadiya Umar-farouk Replies EFCC / Watch List: Fayose Replies EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by akin9ja78(m): 10:45am On Nov 26, 2021
Oga u nor fit go now, u must obey the claron call first. Ole
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by ivandragon: 10:45am On Nov 26, 2021
jaxxy:

Not in a Buhari Government where dollar is N600 and inflation is sky high and climbing. No sane person wants to stay in Nigeria now unless it’s really important or they have no choice.

Buhari got us praising Jonathan to the high heavens. Smh. undecided

I don't get how some of you reason...

You mess up your own house then you start blaming your neighbour who lives 10 houses down the street for messing up the whole street...

What have you done to ensure your own house is in order?

1 Like

Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by anytexy: 10:46am On Nov 26, 2021
No wonder he refused to attend security meeting by South East governor s
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by danot1030: 10:47am On Nov 26, 2021
Igbo states are ruled by scammers yet Tinubu will be their headache.
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by jaxxy(m): 10:51am On Nov 26, 2021
ivandragon:

I don't get how some of you reason...

You mess up your own house then you start blaming your neighbour who lives 10 houses down the street for messing up the whole street...

What have you done to ensure your own house is in order?

If u read properly the issues I raised are not state induced nor can states fix them. They are federal issues and irresponsibility.
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by Nyanabo(m): 10:53am On Nov 26, 2021
Bleaching cream don finish this one.

On a serious note, why is he relocating if he has nothing to hide ? Why not stay and answer every questions and when proven innocent or rather without any stain you can go wherever.

Most if these governors, presidents and legislators come into power penniless but leave with wealths their 10 generation can spend without being questioned. undecided I weep greatly
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by ivandragon: 10:57am On Nov 26, 2021
jaxxy:

If u read properly the issues I raised are not state induced nor can states fix them. They are federal issues and irresponsibility.

& I asked, how has he resolved issues in his own state?

He doesn't need to rub it in peoples faces. Also, the context the story gave is that he is relocating because of possible corruption cases...

Mind you, contrary to what people say about him staying abroad, this man was with fidelity bank from 1991 to 2013... before that chevron nigeria, before that first bank nigeria.

So it is not as if he was based abroad, he just has houses over there.
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by eebraa(m): 11:00am On Nov 26, 2021
Stay in Anambra and enjoy the infrastural development you brought to the state. You are really shameless. They come to Nigeria and loot and tgen go back to their base. Most of them have dual citizenship or resident permit of developed countries. Something needs to be done about these dual citizens that have nothing to offer their country of origin.
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by puremaker7(m): 11:01am On Nov 26, 2021
mrvitalis:

That was where he was before he became governor na
hmm defender..
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by Nukilia: 11:05am On Nov 26, 2021
JosephXavier:
EFCC are obviously acting out a script here

Why has Ganduje not been placed on watch list

Why the likes of Malami, Garba Shehu and Bumi not on efcc watch list?

The EFCC is a anti-South organization...
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by globemoney01: 11:05am On Nov 26, 2021
ivandragon:
One of the reasons why the country is in a mess.

They steal & destroy the State. Abuse the power they are given. Let loose their thugs & killers who then resort to robbery & kidnapping. Put the country into a state of lawlessness...

Then relocate with their families to better societies...

The Governor already retired to the United states after retiring from his position as MD Fidelity bank, came back won governorship, finished and intends to retire back to his base. What is wrong with that,so he should stay back and contest for senate like others?

2 Likes

Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by seyz91(m): 11:05am On Nov 26, 2021
grin abi
hisexcellency34:
To enjoy the loot

1 Like

Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by globemoney01: 11:06am On Nov 26, 2021
Nyanabo:
Bleaching cream don finish this one.

On a serious note, why is he relocating if he has nothing to hide ? Why not stay and answer every questions and when proven innocent or rather without any stain you can go wherever.

Most if these governors, presidents and legislators come into power penniless but leave with wealths their 10 generation can spend without being questioned. undecided I weep greatly
he came from the united states to become governor, he was already living in texas with his family in his own house before becoming governor

3 Likes

Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by ivandragon: 11:08am On Nov 26, 2021
globemoney01:

The Governor already retired to the United states after retiring from his position as MD Fidelity bank, came back won governorship, finished and intends to retire back to his base. What is wrong with that,so he should stay back and contest for senate like others?

At what point was he based abroad?

How long was he based abroad?

Must he contest other elections? So he can't invest in a business in the state he claims to have developed?
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by biafranrealson: 11:09am On Nov 26, 2021
Major reason why we are where we are.
After 8 years, you can't turn Awka or onitsha to a city in US .?
I think it's high time we enact a law banning all served governor's, senators , president,HOR members from residing abroad after service year.
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by globemoney01: 11:09am On Nov 26, 2021
gtrader:
This man called Willie Obiano wasted a whole 8 years for nothing, absolutely nothing. Awka is a mess, everywhere is a mess, infact I've never seen Anambra this messed up in the last 20 years.
Peter Obi really made grave mistake introducing this common Joe to Anambra politics. Just imagine when a state capital is not tidy potholes everywhere, imagine how messed every other places are...
Obiano and Mbadinauju, may God never give Anambra such curse of a Governor. Amen!

You are an idiot. Obiano is not the first Anambra governor hence should'nt be the one to fix all Anambra problems. He remains the best SE Governor in history by far. He gave Anambra its first Airport, mini stadium, conference center, flyovers, turned Awka from a village it was before him to the fastest developing city in Nigeria today. Other governors should continue where he stopped. Shut your ignorant mouth up.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by globemoney01: 11:11am On Nov 26, 2021
ivandragon:

At what point was he based abroad?

How long was he based abroad?

Must he contest other elections? So he can't invest in a business in the state he claims to have developed?

He retired from fidelity bank and relocated to the united states where he had his own house until he was called upon to become Anambra governor. He has delivered and is relocating back to join his family abroad, what is wrong in the that? You would have prefered if he stayed back and contested for senate or presidency like others?

2 Likes

Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by Alimot20: 11:12am On Nov 26, 2021
Maxymilliano:
If indeed this man has achieved that much in 8 years, methinks he will be better off staying back to enjoy the Anambra he built!

Abi no be so ?
yes
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by globemoney01: 11:13am On Nov 26, 2021
TheGift:
It’s so distasteful of the governor of a state to be taking of relocating once He is done with His term. Especially when He is not leaving His state in an exactly great state. Especially when He has cases to answer , re: awkuzu SARS and co.

He should just leave quietly. If He can.
Awkuzi sars is peter obi not obiano. He's not relocating, he's moving back to where he lived before becoming governor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by CSTRR: 11:13am On Nov 26, 2021
And yet some imbeciles will defend him vigorously both online and offline
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by Alimot20: 11:13am On Nov 26, 2021
mrvitalis:

That was where he was before he became governor na
he should stay and enjoy her good work there nah
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by Ochelyko1: 11:15am On Nov 26, 2021
ivandragon:
Governor Willie Obiano has told the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) that he will be relocating to his United States base when he leaves office next March.

Reacting yesterday to Wednesday’s placement of the governor on a watch list by the anti-graft agency, Anambra State Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Don Adinuba, accused EFCC of acting a script.

He said his principal, currently out of the country, never disguised when he embarked on the foreign trip.

The commissioner said the governor has made it public that he would relocate to his U.S. residence at the end of his tenure.

https://guardian.ng/news/ill-relocate-to-u-s-after-my-tenure-obiano-replies-efcc/

https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/25/obiano-ready-to-answer-efccs-questions-anambra-govt-reacts-as-commission-places-gov-on-watchlist/

may you die in dat ur base! the place you are calling base so was build by man just like u. the man dont have seven heads but one just like you. but that man heart is for the people not a heart like urs that is full of wickedness. that loot u want to enjoy will send u to ur grave. stupid governor
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by CSTRR: 11:15am On Nov 26, 2021
globemoney01:

Awkuzi sars is peter obi not obiano. He's not relocating, he's moving back to where he lived before becoming governor
Is peter obi in charge of the police?

which yeye base? Is he a politician in the US or is he part of the founding fathers of america, or is he in their military?

A conc anambra man who was governor for 8years is talking about base in the US.

No be only base, na settlement.
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by ivandragon: 11:17am On Nov 26, 2021
globemoney01:

He retired from fidelity bank and relocated to the united states where he had his own house until he was called upon to become Anambra governor. He has delivered and is relocating back to join his family abroad, what is wrong in the that? You would have prefered if he stayed back and contested for senate or presidency like others?

When did he retire from fidelity bank & when did he become governor?

Why must he continue in politics if he is staying back? So he cannot contribute in other ways in the state he governed for 8 years?

Anyway, let the people keep electing those who have no stake in thier future.
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by TheGift: 11:18am On Nov 26, 2021
globemoney01:

The title of the article says “Relocate”. And even if He lived there before , moving back is still a relocation.

Also, CP Nwafor, formerly of Awkuzu SARS was Obiano’s chief security officer until the #EndSARS protests forced Him out and forced Obiano to visit the place.
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by prophetfire: 11:18am On Nov 26, 2021
Maxymilliano:
If indeed this man has achieved that much in 8 years, methinks he will be better off staying back to enjoy the Anambra he built!

Abi no be so ?
. Aside the last minute airport, which we are happy about, the man is a total failure, by Anambra State standards. He drew the state backwards from where he met it.
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by kenmaro: 11:20am On Nov 26, 2021
This is very pathetic!!!

They mess up the community and relocate abroad after leaving office to enjoy their loots causing a drain and nuisance in the Nigerian economy for which they never brought in any funds when coming in to assume office.

It's high time the constitution is amended to allow only 100% Nigerian citizens to contest an election and be given appointments into public offices. Also, after leaving office he/she must reside anywhere in Nigeria for a minimum of 10years and must be available or present in Nigeria atleast 335days in a year.
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by CSTRR: 11:20am On Nov 26, 2021
ivandragon:

When did he retire from fidelity bank & when did he become governor?

Why must he continue in politics if he is staying back? So he cannot contribute in other ways in the state he governed for 8 years?

Anyway, let the people keep electing those who have no stake in thier future.
That is the problem.
Electing people with zero stake in the future of where they govern.

Don't be surprised that his children will not even be dating or in any marriage relationship with Nigerians, just like that Imo governor Ohakim whose daughter is in the US marred to a white man.

They are not connected to Nigeria except to the loots.
Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by globemoney01: 11:20am On Nov 26, 2021
CSTRR:

Is peter obi in charge of the police?

which yeye base? Is he a politician in the US or is he part of the founding fathers of america, or is he in their military?

A conc anambra man who was governor for 8years is talking about base in the US.

No be only base, na settlement.
Peter Obi is in charge of all the killings at Awkuzu sars, he was governor then and was the one that ordered shoot at sight.

Someone who already had an expansive home in the US shouldn't go back to his base where he lived with his family before becoming governor? He should stay back and be running around for senate and playing godfather?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by Nedu05: 11:24am On Nov 26, 2021
Shut up your smelling mouth. Obiano took Anambra to another level. He built international airport, international conference centre, stadium, flyovers, bridges, roads, hospitals, etc. Mention one governor in Nigeria with the same budget that accomplished this much in 8yrs.

[s]
prophetfire:
. Aside the last minute airport, which we are happy about, the man is a total failure, by Anambra State standards. He drew the state backwards from where he met it.
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by globemoney01: 11:25am On Nov 26, 2021
TheGift:

The title of the article says “Relocate”. And even if He lived there before , moving back is still a relocation.

Also, CP Nwafor, formerly of Awkuzu SARS was Obiano’s chief security officer until the #EndSARS protests forced Him out and forced Obiano to visit the place.
The title doesnt change the fact that he lived in the US in his own house before being governor and wishes to go back to his family there after being governor.
All the atrocities in Awkuzu sars happened when Peter Obi was governor. James Nwafor was the OC sars when Obi was governor, him being appointed as CSO by Obiano after him retiring from the police after all the atrocities he commited at Awkuzu sars with Obi as governor is a different issue entirely. All the killings and ezu river bodies from Awkuzu sars where all under Peter Obi's watch not Obiano

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC by CSTRR: 11:26am On Nov 26, 2021
globemoney01:

Peter Obi is in charge of all the killings at Awkuzu sars, he was governor then and was the one that ordered shoot at sight.

Someone who already had an expansive home in the US shouldn't go back to his base where he lived with his family before becoming governor? He should stay back and be running around for senate and playing godfather?
If peter Obi ordered shoot at sight on innocent people, then he should be prosecuted.

But I doubt if that is the case. He is not that stupid.

Peter obi is atleast invested in Nigerian politics, he is not going anywhere, he lives in onitsha.

You cant compare the level of service he will offer with a man who is already looking to run away or has options.

if he loves his foreign location so much, he should have ran for governor there.

That is highly disrespectful to the anambra people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

New Truck Assembly Plant In Ondo Commences - Governor Akeredolu (photos) / Ibe Kachikwu Arrives Presidential Villa For Meeting With Buhari / 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.