Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,420 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:08 PM

How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) - Properties (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) (63402 Views)

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled / Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by captain2020(m): 11:29pm On Feb 25, 2022
lasthero:

1,500 - 2kw inverter
200ah battery and above.

If you using solar panel to charge., 400 to 500w total panel should do.

Thanks, I believe this can carry fridge as well
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by emmaak2(m): 6:52am On Feb 26, 2022
captain2020:

It won't
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by lasthero: 11:24am On Feb 26, 2022
captain2020:

It depends on the energy rating of your fridge. Check the back of the fridge, how many watt is written on it?
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by lasthero: 11:27am On Feb 26, 2022
emmaak2:

It won't

I use a small 500w inverter and it powers my small fridge because the fridge is energy savings and it needs just 78w. See the attached image

1 Like

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by justmide(f): 2:21pm On Feb 26, 2022
Who is in ibadan that wants to try this? Or experiment with me? Thankz
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by justmide(f): 2:32pm On Feb 26, 2022
Pls I want to get 500w inverter and the ba3 for now, cos of money, I won't be getting the solar panel yet...... can I go ahead? I just want to store energy to power my home for longer when they take light. I'm powering a 43 inch led TV
6 5w bulbs
Charge a phone and laptop
A 50w fan. Standing fan. Can I carry on? Location Ibadan

1 Like

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Namzy(m): 6:33pm On Feb 26, 2022
justmide:
Pls I want to get 500w inverter and the ba3 for now, cos of money, I won't be getting the solar panel yet...... can I go ahead? I just want to store energy to power my home for longer when they take light. I'm powering a 43 inch led TV
6 5w bulbs
Yes if you have light everyday for charging
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by lasthero: 7:29am On Feb 28, 2022
justmide:
6 5w bulbs

Led TV always have low power consumption, I think 500w should carry all you listed.

If you cannot afford the solar panels at the moment, you can buy light charger to charge with light. Something like the image attached below

1 Like

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by justmide(f): 9:31am On Feb 28, 2022
Thank you so much...the picture helps a lot. This should also work with generator?
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by lasthero: 10:54am On Feb 28, 2022
justmide:
Thank you so much...the picture helps a lot. This should also work with generator?

Yes
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by talk2hb1(m): 11:35am On Feb 28, 2022
justmide:
6 5w bulbs
Projecting about 150-200Watts/hr
I guess :
-2x200AH battery,
-500Watts inverter,
-60Amps charge controller,
-400Watts solar panel will do
(12hrs delivery)
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by talk2hb1(m): 11:46am On Feb 28, 2022
lasthero:

1,500 - 2kw inverter
200ah battery and above.

If you using solar panel to charge., 400 to 500w total panel should do.

Ceiling fan dey consume energy ooo, will 200ah be enough?
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Gbengard(m): 11:32am On Mar 03, 2022
Hi Nairalanders, I'm thinking of getting 600 watts and 1000 watts for my apartment and working place respectively.

I need someone to help me list the right requirements in terms of battery, solar panel, Inverter, etc.

Thank you!

@lasthero
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by admiral007: 3:43am On Mar 06, 2022
Pls can this small inverter power my 180watt fridge? How many AH battery will it require? I intend to use it with the fridge alone

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Fapemz: 5:33am On Mar 08, 2022
We are still in the business of providing safe and smart alternative source of power. Our LiFePo4 (Lithium Battery Pack guarantees stress free working hours and even more relaxing rest as it is capable of running you Laptop and even dc fan all day long. There is a reason everyone is insisting on lithium batteries due to its durability and much longer Life span.

We have been around here for a while and even though we have had different user grin names due to the unending bans for aggressive pushing of our ads, our product quality has only taken a leap and we feed fat more on old customers referral more than anything else because of the amazing reviews and the feedbacks from among our number one customer base - The Nigerian Tech Community.

We have different battery capacities and we are sure that we have the right one that suits your intending purpose and should you need more, we are flexible enough to meet your needs.

300wh that can power your laptop for about 10 hours for 55k

480wh, can power pc for more 18hours for 80k

1260wh, can power your pc for 3 days on a single charge, 200k

We also supply them all with intelligent lithium charger that shows red light when charging and green when full as well as laptop connector with multiplug pins. Inverter 10k if needed.

Product reviews has been amazing and we are determine not to rest on our oars. We will continue to learn from our customers on how we can best meet their needs as we remain proud of this partnership that works. We are reachable on 0806.5316,307 WhatsApp/Call

1 Like

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by booz(m): 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hey bro,

Please which is better, a hybrid inverter (pure sine wave inverter+ MPPT charge controller) or buying each separately?
Skillsnigeria:
That's good, you should have bought original battery brand and not gbm. But you can still manage it
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Skillsnigeria: 4:36pm On Mar 17, 2022
booz:
Hey bro,

Please which is better, a hybrid inverter (pure sine wave inverter+ MPPT charge controller) or buying each separately?
The two options are okay, if you can afford hybrid inverter with mppt CC, you can go for it. But as for me, I prefer separate inverter and charge controller. Because when the hybrid inverter has problem, I will need to repair it or buy a new one if the problem is serious ( which means I can't use my solar during that time) and also hybrid inverters are not cheap, but with separate inverter and CC, is very rare for the two of them to fail at once. If one of them fail I can easily buy a cheap one I can use pending the time I will gather some fund to buy better one. If money is not a problem, you can go for hybrid inverter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by booz(m): 4:59pm On Mar 17, 2022
Thank you for the response, I quite appreciate. The listed prices is exactly what is confusing me. I plan to set 3/3.5kVA assy, and I discovered that a 3.5kVA pure sine wave inverter (120k)+ 60Amps MPPT CC (90k) = 210k, whereas, I saw 3.0kVA hybrid inverter (50Amps MPPT CC) for 120k on Konga for 120k.

If to say the hybrid equivalent in split, 3.0kVA PSW Inverter+ 50Amp MPPT CC, I would still spend nothing less than 170k

Skillsnigeria:

The two options are okay, if you can afford hybrid inverter with mppt CC, you can go it. But as for me, I prefer separate inverter and charge controller. Because when the hybrid inverter has problem, I will need to repair it or buy a new one if the problem is serious ( which means I can't use my solar during that time) and also hybrid inverter are not cheap, but with separate inverter and CC, is very rare for the two of them to fail at once. If one of them fail I can easily buy a cheap one I can use pending the time I will gather some fund to buy better one. If money is not a problem, you can go for hybrid inverter
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Skillsnigeria: 5:12pm On Mar 17, 2022
booz:
Thank you for the response, I quite appreciate. The listed prices is exactly what is confusing me. I plan to set 3/3.5kVA assy, and I discovered that a 3.5kVA pure sine wave inverter (120k)+ 60Amps MPPT CC (90k) = 210k, whereas, I saw 3.0kVA hybrid inverter (50Amps MPPT CC) for 120k on Konga for 120k.

If to say the hybrid equivalent in split, 3.0kVA PSW Inverter+ 50Amp MPPT CC, I would still spend nothing less than 170k

If the hybrid inverter is PSW with mppt CC with good reviews and also from a reputable brand, you can buy it if it come at a cheaper price. So many MSW inverter are now in the market with pasted sticker of PSW. Most cheap PSW inverter are MSW, just do your research very well about the inverter before you buy it

1 Like

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by booz(m): 11:39am On Mar 18, 2022
Please see attached picture and details

Skillsnigeria:

If the hybrid inverter is PSW with mppt CC with good reviews and also from a reputable brand, you can buy it if it come at a cheaper price. So many MSW inverter are now in the market with pasted sticker of PSW. Most cheap PSW inverter are MSW, just do your research very well about the inverter before you buy it

1 Share

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Skillsnigeria: 12:22am On Mar 19, 2022
booz:
Please see attached picture and details

ipowerplus seems to be the cheapest hybrid inverter available in nigeria, the other makes are much more expensive...defeating the cost saving of going hybrid..

also zinox is the marketers of ipowerplus inverter. You can buy it if is still available

1 Like

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by chuxmgc: 9:39am On Mar 21, 2022
Please I need 20AH smart charger, who knows where I can get one and what's the current price..
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by lasthero: 2:18pm On Mar 21, 2022
chuxmgc:
Please I need 20AH smart charger, who knows where I can get one and what's the current price..

14k on jumia and konga
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by chuxmgc: 7:35pm On Mar 21, 2022
lasthero:

14k on jumia and konga

I need it urgently so I need a seller contact who I can communicate with..

If you know of any please let me know
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by pinkygurl(f): 2:48am On Mar 26, 2022
Skillsnigeria:
That's good, you should have bought original battery brand and not gbm. But you can still manage it
grin
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by sirsholley(m): 1:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
Pls, where can i get correct used deep cycle battery that will serve me. 200ah to be precise
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by BigK: 10:02pm On Apr 06, 2022
Please, is it true that generator doesn't charge a hybrid inverter?
Also, what's the experience with your hybrid inverter so far?
What are the watch outs?
@lasthero, kindly assist to provide response �
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by talk2hb1(m): 5:56am On Apr 09, 2022
Skillsnigeria:
Can You Please Enlighten us on battery brands, which is good, which to avoid and why?
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Michaelss(m): 9:50am On Apr 13, 2022
Lasthero you haven't given us ur 3 months update on the inverter...abi e never reach 3 months?

2 Likes

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by BigK: 2:10pm On Apr 18, 2022
Thanks the clarifications.
I was told that the generators cannot be used to charge hybrid inverters. Is that true?
Skillsnigeria:

The two options are okay, if you can afford hybrid inverter with mppt CC, you can go for it. But as for me, I prefer separate inverter and charge controller. Because when the hybrid inverter has problem, I will need to repair it or buy a new one if the problem is serious ( which means I can't use my solar during that time) and also hybrid inverters are not cheap, but with separate inverter and CC, is very rare for the two of them to fail at once. If one of them fail I can easily buy a cheap one I can use pending the time I will gather some fund to buy better one. If money is not a problem, you can go for hybrid inverter
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Skillsnigeria: 5:47pm On Apr 18, 2022
BigK:
Thanks the clarifications.
I was told that the generators cannot be used to charge hybrid inverters. Is that true?
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Cocking: 6:17pm On Apr 18, 2022
Interesting,

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Inside Abeokuta Hill-top Estate Where The Super Rich Live / Ernest Azudialu Obiejesi's Nestoil Tower, Lagos (Video And Photo Documentry) / Aluminium Profile, Glass And Accessories For Doors And Windows And Glass House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.