Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,389 members, 7,781,116 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:14 AM

How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) - Properties (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) (63399 Views)

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled / Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by BigK: 6:19pm On Apr 18, 2022
Thanks so much for your prompt reply.

Below is the package I plan to get as advised by an engineer and based on your clarifications:
One 330watt Solar panel =110k
Solar Charge Contoller. Not required
1 kw Hybrid Inverter. = 90k
Wires & Accessories = 50k
One dry cell Battery. = 150k
Do you have any advise on this quotation whether to proceed.
Or can you advise on specific brands recommended for each of the items?
Appreciate your input
Skillsnigeria:

Just get a generator twice the capacity of the inverter, it will charge it very well
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Skillsnigeria: 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2022
BigK:
Thanks so much for your prompt reply.

Below is the package I plan to get as advised by an engineer and based on your clarifications:
One 330watt Solar panel =110k
Solar Charge Contoller. Not required
1 kw Hybrid Inverter. = 90k
Wires & Accessories = 50k
One dry cell Battery. = 150k
Do you have any advise on this quotation whether to proceed.
Or can you advise on specific brands recommended for each of the items?
Appreciate your input
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by BigK: 10:20pm On Apr 19, 2022
The engineer didn't provide the details of the brands he quoted for. He became insultive upon further questioning.
Can you please specify some recommended brands for each item so that I can get them on my own and look for someone else to install?
I'm looking at 1kw hybrid inverter + one 330w mono solace panel grade AA + one 200 AH dry cell battery , I believe that's all?
The installer will get the wires & accessories.
Thanks in anticipation of your support.
Skillsnigeria:

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Skillsnigeria: 7:30pm On Apr 20, 2022
BigK:
The engineer didn't provide the details of the brands he quoted for. He became insultive upon further questioning.
Can you please specify some recommended brands for each item so that I can get them on my own and look for someone else to install?
I'm looking at 1kw hybrid inverter + one 330w mono solace panel grade AA + one 200 AH dry cell battery , I believe that's all?
The installer will get the wires & accessories.
Thanks in anticipation of your support.

For dry cell battery, I will advise you to buy India brand like quanta, monbat, full river e.t.c or American brand like trojan e.t.c if you can afford it. As for panel, you can try new technology jinko panel e.t.c or any panel of your choice, even me self, I use focus panel and it has be serving me. for inverter, you can try pure sine wave of growatt, luminous or Chinese version suder or sooer. You can use any inverter brand for a start, make sure it has good reviews before you buy it. If not that you want to be using nepa and solar for charging, I would have advise you to buy 2 330watt panel for faster charging through sun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by BigK: 7:34pm On Apr 20, 2022
Thanks so much for the detailed explanation.
It's really helpful.
Appreciate.
Skillsnigeria:

For dry cell battery, I will advise you to buy India brand like quanta, monbat, full river e.t.c or American brand like trojan e.t.c if you can afford it. As for panel, you can try new technology jinko panel e.t.c or any panel of your choice, even me self, I use focus panel and it has be serving me. for inverter, you can try pure sine wave of growatt, luminous or Chinese version suder or sooer. You can start with any inverter for a start, make sure it has good reviews before you buy it. If not that you want to be using nepa and solar for charging, I would have advise you to buy 2 330watt panel for faster charging through sun.
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Mustack: 8:19am On May 04, 2022
lasthero:
Total cost:

Battery : 85k
Solar panel : 30k
Inverter : 35k

Total: 150,000 naira.

I bought wires 2k

Making 152,000.

My observations so far
It takes 5 to 8 hours of sunshine to charge the battery from 0 to 100% depending on the sunlight intensity.

And guess what guys. When all the house load are on it, it lasted me up to 8 hours to use up a single charge. But when I put of the fridge, the 45watt fan and when my laptop isn't in use, it takes more than 12 hours and that's exactly what I needed.

Updated: the best time I get maximum value is between 12noon and 3pm. During this time, the inverter supplies power and charges at same time. By the time its getting close to 5pm, the charging reduces and the indicator drops to 80% but will still be charging at low rate. This means I can power it on from 12 noon to 4-5pm and the battery indicator only drops to 80%.

From that time till late night around 10-11pm, it drops to 60% and I switch it off till next day cos we always have light at nights

Burning 8 to 12 hours on petrol daily will send me back to my village.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk cheesy

Is there a need for charge controller?
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by lasthero: 2:59pm On May 04, 2022
Mustack:

Is there a need for charge controller?

The inverter I'm using comes with an inbuilt pmw charge controller.

If yours doesn't have it, then you will have to buy the controller

1 Like

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Mustack: 10:33am On May 06, 2022
lasthero:

The inverter I'm using comes with an inbuilt pmw charge controller.

If yours doesn't have it, then you will have to buy the controller

I bought the same one on your page
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by lasthero: 4:03pm On May 06, 2022
Mustack:

Then you may not need a controller. Except you are using a pv above 200w
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by sonety2k(m): 12:39pm On May 14, 2022
Following
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Nobody: 11:33am On May 16, 2022
following
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Musty18: 2:58pm On May 19, 2022
Please I need solar engineer in ado ekiti
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by mahkanjuh: 8:29pm On Jun 03, 2022
Musty18:
Please I need solar engineer in ado ekiti
08117489708 Akin
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by AdsMike: 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2022
lasthero:
I looked around online on jumia, jiji and konga for ranges of 500watt inverters and chargers. After a rigorous check and comparison, I settled for this (picture attached) for 35k.

It is a 2 -in-1 package.( Solar charger / controller + 800va - 500w inverter). So no need for a separate solar controller

How's the usage? Still serving like before? Your response will be appreciated.
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by bizzibodi(m): 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2022
Fapemz:

Bros don't get mistaken for a yahoo boy....make dem no go arrange your arrest. Get your self our brand new Lithium battery and inverter or Laptop Powerbank. 0806..53.16..307
Where can I get this battery & what cost?
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Fapemz: 4:27am On Jul 12, 2022
bizzibodi:

Here Sir!

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Fapemz: 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2022
bizzibodi:

You will be impressed!

1 Like

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by bizzibodi(m): 7:38pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fapemz:

You will be impressed!
Does it come with it own charger n charge controller?
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Fapemz: 9:59am On Jul 25, 2022
bizzibodi:

Does it come with it own charger n charge controller?

It comes with its own charger. It has inbuilt charge controller that can handle 150w panel and below

Recommended

1 Like

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by zenith4biz(m): 9:48pm On Aug 22, 2022
lasthero:

Then you may not need a controller. Except you are using a pv above 200w

How's the performance of your system now?
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by lasthero: 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2022
zenith4biz:

How's the performance of your system now?

Still active although discharge rate is a bit higher than when I newly got it. Also, we are in raining season and sun level isn’t like before

1 Like

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by zenith4biz(m): 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2022
lasthero:

Still active although discharge rate is a bit higher than when I newly got it. Also, we are in raining season and sun level isn’t like before
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by zenith4biz(m): 3:29pm On Aug 29, 2022
lasthero:

Can you still get up to 5 hrs backup on 100w load now?
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by lasthero: 9:06pm On Aug 29, 2022
zenith4biz:

Can you still get up to 5 hrs backup on 100w load now?

I get more than that on full charge.

1 Like

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 10, 2022
Please I will like to know how much u spend on everything thing including the inverter, battery installation. And how many hrs does it last after charging
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by nams77: 9:07am On Sep 10, 2022
lasthero:
Total cost:

Battery : 85k
Solar panel : 30k
Inverter : 35k

Total: 150,000 naira.

I bought wires 2k

Making 152,000.

My observations so far
It takes 5 to 8 hours of sunshine to charge the battery from 0 to 100% depending on the sunlight intensity.

And guess what guys. When all the house load are on it, it lasted me up to 8 hours to use up a single charge. But when I put of the fridge, the 45watt fan and when my laptop isn't in use, it takes more than 12 hours and that's exactly what I needed.

Updated: the best time I get maximum value is between 12noon and 3pm. During this time, the inverter supplies power and charges at same time. By the time its getting close to 5pm, the charging reduces and the indicator drops to 80% but will still be charging at low rate. This means I can power it on from 12 noon to 4-5pm and the battery indicator only drops to 80%.

From that time till late night around 10-11pm, it drops to 60% and I switch it off till next day cos we always have light at nights

Burning 8 to 12 hours on petrol daily will send me back to my village.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk cheesy
God bless you bro. E pain me say I no see this post before I run go buy my small Tec gen that cost me over a 100k in a bid to relieve the big sumec gen and also conserve fuel. This was supposed to be answer to my prayers for bedc epileptic supply to my house. Dey only bring light by 11pm and take it by 6:30 am.
My gen dey run steady every evening.
I like the idea of you pulling your shirt and going DIY
I will be back with biro and paper for proper lecture

1 Like

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 10, 2022
Please which inverter and battery can power

1 gotv
32 led tv
2 celling fan
5 bulbs
4phones and two torches light
And a double door fridge
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Fapemz: 6:09pm On Sep 13, 2022
Englandboy:
Please I will like to know how much u spend on everything thing including the inverter, battery installation. And how many hrs does it last after charging

I recommend LiFePo4 battery for you. Durable and stress free
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 13, 2022
Fapemz:

I recommend LiFePo4 battery for you. Durable and stress free
where can I get it and how much is it
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Fapemz: 4:47am On Sep 14, 2022
Englandboy:
where can I get it and how much is it

I have them for salea and price is from 65k and above. You can get in touch via 0.806.531.6307
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by lykwhoishe: 11:11am On Oct 04, 2022
Mustack:

Pls what product is this. Thanks
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by HydraFeeds(m): 1:17pm On Nov 11, 2022
It’s been a year now ,what’s your annual review pls ? @lasthero

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Inside Abeokuta Hill-top Estate Where The Super Rich Live / Ernest Azudialu Obiejesi's Nestoil Tower, Lagos (Video And Photo Documentry) / Aluminium Profile, Glass And Accessories For Doors And Windows And Glass House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.