Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,776 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. (2066 Views)

An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University / Gunmen Kidnap Comfort Adokwe, Nasarawa State University Lecturer In Keffi / 400L Unilorin Microbiology Student Beat Up A Female Lecturer In Her Office(video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by olufunmi01(m): 11:25am On Nov 26, 2021
Good day my people, I I'll be brief in the best way. I currently work in a factory here in Ibadan which hardly give me breathing space because, I work from Monday to Saturday between 8am to 7;30pm during morning duties. I also go through night duties in this factory, in which most of the time I get sick due to stress. I am being paid 40k a month as a university graduate because I have tried getting a decent job but none was coming because I hate asking from my uncles. Now, I received a call from one of my bosses where I did my industrial training in ikeja to come and help him lecturer in some departments in Lagos State college of Health and technology where he will be paying me directly. I have always had passion for academic, during my nysc, I lectured at osun State college of Health and technology. This man has been a good mentor to me who sees my potential for teaching because God has blessed me with ability to impart knowledge. Now my question is what should I do.

5 Likes

Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by olufunmi01(m): 11:31am On Nov 26, 2021
Please mod help me push this to front page I need advice.
Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by airminem(f): 11:36am On Nov 26, 2021
70years old man...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by Freestainworld(m): 11:36am On Nov 26, 2021
Assistant lecturer any day, at least career growth is assured.

5 Likes

Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by olufunmi01(m): 11:38am On Nov 26, 2021
Freestainworld:
Assistant lecturer any day, at least career growth is assured.
Yes this has always been my dream to lecture....but just scared of the uncertainty......I was teaching in Lagos before my fiance forced me to come over to Ibadan so we could settle down, but eventually left when things were not going well. Though still in the dilemma

1 Like

Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by temitope27(m): 11:41am On Nov 26, 2021
Let me ask the Oracle
Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by olufunmi01(m): 11:50am On Nov 26, 2021
temitope27:
Let me ask the Oracle
And what did your Oracle say

1 Like

Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by temitope27(m): 12:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
olufunmi01:

And what did your Oracle say
go for that lecturer job, and thank me later

1 Like

Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by omis234: 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2021
Since you already have a passion for lecturing, why not go for the lecturing job. You will have more time for yourself compared with factory work as you also continue to build a career in that line. You may also pursue your MSc with time as you continue to grow in the lecturing path.
The monetary gain may not be encouraging at the onset but you won't regret the decision if you remain diligent and focused. My 10k advice

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by AgentGoat: 1:10pm On Nov 26, 2021
E be like say the factory job never tire you.

2 Likes

Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by olufunmi01(m): 1:21pm On Nov 26, 2021
AgentGoat:
E be like say the factory job never tire you.
Walahi e don tire me
Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by 1F30M4(f): 1:23pm On Nov 26, 2021
omis234:
Since you already have a passion for lecturing, why not go for the lecturing job. You will have more time for yourself compared with factory work as you also continue to build a career in that line. You may also pursue your MSc with time as you continue to grow in the lecturing path.
The monetary gain may not be encouraging at the onset but you won't regret the decision if you remain diligent and focused. My 10k advice

Yess OP, take this advice, all of it.
Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by sageb: 1:24pm On Nov 26, 2021
olufunmi01:
Good day my people, I I'll be brief in the best way. I currently work in a factory here in Ibadan which hardly give me breathing space because, I work from Monday to Saturday between 8am to 7;30pm during morning duties. I also go through night duties in this factory, in which most of the time I get sick due to stress. I am being paid 40k a month as a university graduate because I have tried getting a decent job but none was coming because I hate asking from my uncles. Now, I received a call from one of my bosses where I did my industrial training in ikeja to come and help him lecturer in some departments in Lagos State college of Health and technology where he will be paying me directly. I have always had passion for academic, during my nysc, I lectured at osun State college of Health and technology. This man has been a good mentor to me who sees my potential for teaching because God has blessed me with ability to impart knowledge. Now my question is what should I do.

If the lecturing job offer is genuine
Then go for it
The gains of the lecturing job include but not limited to the following below:
1. An opportunity to sell/ promote yourself and ideas
2. An opportunity to build your social and career network i. e you will meet various Scholars and students alike.
3. An opportunity to mentor the upcoming professionals in Your field.
4. The lecturing job will boost your CV and academic performance.
5. It gives you an edge when you seek for foreign scholarship and grants,

All these and many more, take that lecturing job.
Proudly A Teacher

3 Likes

Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by AgentGoat: 1:28pm On Nov 26, 2021
olufunmi01:

Walahi e don tire me

Go for the teaching job. Small changes fit dey drop sometimes apart from salary.
Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by olufunmi01(m): 1:51pm On Nov 26, 2021
sageb:

If the lecturing job offer is genuine
Then go for it
The gains of the lecturing job include but not limited to the following below:
1. An opportunity to sell/ promote yourself and ideas
2. An opportunity to build your social and career network i. e you will meet various Scholars and students alike.
3. An opportunity to mentor the upcoming professionals in Your field.
4. The lecturing job will boost your CV and academic performance.
5. It gives you an edge when you seek for foreign scholarship and grants,

All these and many more, take that lecturing job.
Proudly A Teacher
Thanks
Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 26, 2021
U no wan go collect sorting money abi? I pity you.... Like wadafak...

Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by revived: 2:21pm On Nov 26, 2021
Go for the lecturing job

E sure me sae you fit make am for the factory job

You are opened to meeting new people and from there 2secs everywhere fit burst

Also e sure me sae rich man pikin go dae that campus

Well e go be
Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by talk2hb1(m): 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2021
olufunmi01:
Wah kine ah Question a This?. Choosing Between Assistant Lecturer an Factory wukka.
Hope yuh village People nuh dey fingga yuh brain.
Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by backnbeta(f): 4:50pm On Nov 26, 2021
While I'm not in support of your factory work because of the stress and low pay, you should ask your man in Lagos how much he will pay you and duration of your service; he should be able to tell you since he will be paying you directly. Btw, that arrangement is not a career path unless you start your Masters program and possibly your doctoral. However, the teaching experience will be an added advantage and doing part-time teaching will encourage you to follow your dreams.

3 Likes

Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by olufunmi01(m): 4:57pm On Nov 26, 2021
backnbeta:
While I'm not in support of your factory work because of the stress and low pay, you should ask your man in Lagos how much he will pay you and duration of your service; he should be able to tell you since he will be paying you directly. Btw, that arrangement is not a career path unless you start your Masters program and possibly your doctoral. However, the teaching experience will be an added advantage and doing part-time teaching will encourage you to follow your dreams.
Yes I'm currently preparing to write GRE next year for masters degree scholarship in USA

1 Like

Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by GIANTPLUSHUB: 5:12pm On Nov 26, 2021
olufunmi01:

Yes this has always been my dream to lecture....but just scared of the uncertainty......I was teaching in Lagos before my fiance forced me to come over to Ibadan so we could settle down, but eventually left when things were not going well. Though still in the dilemma

I hope your upcoming fiance won't dictate to you to leave this second chance in this job again to go settle down in Nasarawa wink cry

1 Like

Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by JavaScript90: 5:15pm On Nov 26, 2021
I came to read comments
Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by olufunmi01(m): 5:46pm On Nov 26, 2021
GIANTPLUSHUB:

I hope your upcoming fiance won't dictate to you to leave this second chance in this job again to go settle down in Nasarawa wink cry
Done with relationship...... it's a scam

1 Like

Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by SportsHD: 6:08pm On Nov 26, 2021
Lecturing job won't make you work 8am - 7:30 pm. And, I know that the lecturing job would pay more than 40k per month. And, there's less stress at the lecturing job.
Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2021
How do you survive on 40k
Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by joinnow: 6:40pm On Nov 26, 2021
olufunmi01:
If God has given you the ability to impact knowledge why will you want to go against it.
Law of manifestation has bring you to your passion path once again grab it with both hands.
Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by obyrich(m): 8:49pm On Nov 26, 2021
olufunmi01:

Yes I'm currently preparing to write GRE next year for masters degree scholarship in USA
And you are seeking advice whether to quit a slaving factory job for an apprenticeship in lecturing?
Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by Truvelisback(m): 9:34pm On Nov 26, 2021
olufunmi01:
Take the Lecturing job and save ur health, mental and emotional stress u get from that so-called factory job.
Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by flokii: 10:55pm On Nov 26, 2021
Go for the lecturing job please.. from there you can get opportunities in the education field that will open doors for you.
Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by padi94(m): 11:18pm On Nov 26, 2021
Go for lecturing job, you go make money and Chop kittens
Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:07am On Nov 27, 2021
hmmm
Re: Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. by samtol4(m): 7:37am On Nov 27, 2021
Lecturing job is one of the most peaceful and most straightforward jobs in the world. You don't lecture every day, and it creates a career path for you. There are more job opportunities in the educational sector. You planned to go to the USA for a master's, which is good; however, as a young scientist Germany �� also offers good funding. While you are in Lagos , many new universities will need your service.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unilorin Is A Bad School And Govt Agent / University Of Abuja Post Ume Registration And Exam Planning / Nlng Scholarship 2009/2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.