Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? (33414 Views)

10 Different Types Of Women You Will Likely Meet This Xmas At Your Village / UN Tasks Nigeria On Stigmatisation Of ‘boko Haram Wives, Children’ / Nigerian Women Who Made History In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by GerogeI(m): 12:15pm On Nov 29, 2021
Datboredberry:
Like I clearly stated... No cultural bias... I don't need your, "women should be this or that" lectures!

A woman who smokes, how does she not value herself?

As for her image, that's the point of this post... Why smoking damages the image of a woman and not a man! Can you answer this?

And the only drawback to smoking is it's impact on one's health... But do you care that men smoke more? Are you concerned about their health also? Plus, there are a million bad habits...that could kill faster... undecided

Without being insensitive to gender issues in our societies, there are some physical differences between men and women that we cannot just wish away.

The man's body role in child bearing is just to produce one healthy sperm that fertilizers an egg.
The woman's body on the other hand must continue to nourish the developing child. Smoking involves packing all kinds of chemical toxins into you body. A woman that does so will share the same body and accumulated toxins with her developing baby. While a man that smokes can only kill himself.

So seeing marriage as an investment in production of an offspring, a smoking mother is really a liability to her developing family (the investment for Transcendence).

13 Likes

Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Axelrode988: 12:16pm On Nov 29, 2021
Asides the health implications the effect it has not women culturally is much more than it has on a woman.
You are stereotyped as a prostitute amidst other things.
It’s just a cultural issue
Datboredberry:
I'm as very light smoker- at most, three to four cigarettes a week...

I'm very young, and I started smoking two years ago...

In our society, if a woman is known to be a smoker... She's looked down on... And false assumptions are made of her personality...

Why the stigmatisation? I know men are victims too but women who smoke are viewed as classless etc... While with men, it's simply a bad habit...

What's your opinion on women who smoke? And what's your reason?

I would appreciate comments based on experiences rather than bias...

And I need valid points how SMOKING directly indicates a wayward woman...

Thanks!
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by 1opinion: 12:16pm On Nov 29, 2021
I don't judge people that are smokers.
Just a polite question, why do you smoke?

3 Likes

Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by ominilongest(m): 12:16pm On Nov 29, 2021
d kyn woman wey I need
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by ednut1(m): 12:17pm On Nov 29, 2021
Patriarchy and cultural bias. A woman who smokes is equal to olosho to most Nigerians
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by larryking540: 12:17pm On Nov 29, 2021
Datboredberry:

In our society, if a woman is known to be a smoker... She's looked down on... And false assumptions are made of her personality...

Why the stigmatisation? I know men are victims too but women who smoke are viewed as classless etc... While with men, it's simply a bad habit...

Thanks!
health wise it isn't advice able ,we in Africa our climate is totally different from those in the western world ,and our culture don't see it as a normality for a woman to smoke
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
Datboredberry:

Thanks!
It doesn't indicate a wayward woman, and you aren't classless for smoking. It's in Africa men see it this way cos Africans aren't exposed.

The issue with smoking is about health. This is not an issue that has to do with gender. You ladies should be grateful that men stigmatize you in this areax and it's a form of restraint. Tobacco is dangerous to health. Your lungs are getting the hit. Cancer is on the way.

Please, do not see yourself as a light smoker. The tendency you may have cancer may be lower than a non smoker, but you increase the chance bu just being a light smoker.

It is all about your health. Sweetheart, do everything possible to quit. I'd you have to change your friends, please, do so. Do not ever get addicted to it. There is absolutely nothing to gain in it. So, why do it?

Gone are the days cowboys are used to advertise cigarettes. And the message in those days was classy boys smoke. But everything has been redefined - Smokers are liable to die young. Period.

7 Likes

Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Nwibii: 12:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
Datboredberry:
I sincerely wish derailers on Nairaland would drop dead! You're trying to ruin my thread! undecided

Why not wish you rather stop smoking than wishing him dead?
As for me, I wish you stop smoking for health sake.

1 Like

Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by newinventions: 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2021
I will register your limited liability company in the UK within 3 days without any down payment.

A lot of people don't know they can own a company in the UK and operate from Nigeria. You can also use the company to do business here.

We are currently running a black Friday promo.

Check my thread on company registration in UK to find out more information.
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by UcDeliveries: 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2021
NaijirianKing:
Women who smoke are poor examples of what a lady is supposed to be and should be avoided at all costs.

Wife material is costly because wife material is rare. Every women is not a wife.

Certain red flags allow you to separate the quality from those who are merely quantity. A woman who smokes doesn't truly value herself, her image, or even her own health.

You are talking BIG THRASH.
Please ignore this motherfucker.
Poor mentality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by POLYGAMY: 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2021
Bigredmachine:
I just embarrass myself now...

Nkechi told me she was coming yesterday to stay with me till Sunday, after preparing for her cuming... She ended up not showing up, I called her but her phone was off, till now her phone is still off...

Wetin I go do that girl if I see am ennnn

I had already bought exhibit before that night, I forgot I kept 2 in my back pocket, so this morning I say let me rush down to the bank and do some transaction... Just to try and bring out my wallet, those 2 exhibit fell out to the full glare of the people in the bank...

Which kind embarrassment be this for me this morning... Na for this reason I go beat Nk die

STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by iPresh4s(m): 12:22pm On Nov 29, 2021
Abeg, what be the benefits of Smoking?

Lemme see if I can try it
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Dreytonisback(m): 12:22pm On Nov 29, 2021
I like girls that smoke
They're more trusted than guys that smoke
When a lady smokes with you , you'll see that real side of her sweetness and good vibes in a mature way
In fact I can kill for a beautiful lady that smokes with me

Wanna be my friend?

Lights up my kpoli in peace.

1 Like

Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by pyro62(m): 12:25pm On Nov 29, 2021
Bigredmachine:

Smoking in general is something that's attached to a wayward life... A man who smokes may be seen as an irresponsible man, infact society of today will quickly say he's a useless man... But hell no, not all who smoke are irresponsible...

As for women who smoke out of any reason... Will always get harsh treatment from the public cos, the society sees women as gentle and tender creature who should not be caught in such act... I won't blame the society for looking down on women cos from my observation 84% of women who smoke lives a wayward life... The rest are just addicted to it... That's just the way it's, even me I classify women who not only smoke, but pierce their nose as wayward (I need to change that thinking, I know this)... Well OP just live ur life the way it pleases you, so long as u don't affect the life of others

Correct guy
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Probz(m): 12:26pm On Nov 29, 2021
Only in Nigeria. No-one else cares.
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ikea81:
First tell us how you picked up the habit.....there lies the answer to your question.
iPresh4s:
Abeg, what be the benefits of Smoking?
OP did you miss these comments? Why do you smoke?
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by aAK1(m): 12:29pm On Nov 29, 2021
Me i judge everyone that smokes man or woman. Knowing that it’s injurious to your body and you keep doing it shows that you are reckless and irresponsible.
It’s also addictive. Overall, it tells a trues story about your personality. This is something that has no value to you o

5 Likes

Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by emae009(m): 12:29pm On Nov 29, 2021
I don't about y'all but what I still don't understand is why people smoke under hot sun??
Smoking was meant to keep the body warm is cold climates, I don't get it for hot weather

3 Likes

Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Hungerbadoo: 12:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
Candidlady:
Iwas once taggd irresponsible cuz iwas smoking.. Til date istil hate that girl

funny thing was that, this so called girl was taking alcohol. And me icant drink witowt smoking it wont flow.

the e'd'yot girl went bout teln ppl am a chimney that shes sure am irresponsible

smoking has never in anyway defined my life. Things only got owta palms when istartd doing drugs

>>curently dragin my captain black in peace<<

¤whatever you do in life moderation must/should be your daily donut/nugget¤
You smoke captain black?
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Ishilove: 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2021
Datboredberry:

Thanks!
You will just scatter your lungs before you hit 25

3 Likes

Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by lezz(m): 12:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
Datboredberry:
Like I clearly stated... No cultural bias... I don't need your, "women should be this or that" lectures!

A woman who smokes, how does she not value herself?

As for her image, that's the point of this post... Why smoking damages the image of a woman and not a man! Can you answer this?

And the only drawback to smoking is it's impact on one's health... But do you care that men smoke more? Are you concerned about their health also? Plus, there are a million bad habits...that could kill faster... undecided
The habit of smoking predisposes a person to certain vices, people, places and behaviour. For a woman it's worse off than it is for a man

stop being stupid thinking you're making sense. A woman who smokes is a hoe and a dirty slit. She should never even be promoted to a casual girlfriend but should be perpetually orbiting as a fuuckmate disposable.

Men and woman aren't the same and would never be. Men who smoke are still looked at with disapproval but a woman who smokes is worse and society rightly places them at the bottom rung of humanity.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Candidlady: 12:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
Datboredberry:
Thanks! I remember a day I spent with a boy... He's in his twenties...

He was extremely nice, tried to flirt... But he was shy...

One thing led to another, we ended up in his friend's home smoking cigarettes and Arizona...

We vibed really well... Only, he assumed I was in a cult!

Thought I was a bad girl... Started speaking street slangs... I couldn't even understand him!

Like, I enjoy smoking... Doesn't mean I'm wayward... It's simply pleasurable... And if I'm with someone who doesn't smoke, I don't...

I really like you! Honestly...

good afternoon sis. Idont know how imisd this mention!!

smoking doesnt mean you are wayward!! Like isaid moderation is 'erthing

iwould rather date a stoner than a drunk..

¤ilike you too sis. You strike me like a down to earth person and irespect individuals like you¤
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by SocialJustice: 12:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
Datboredberry:

Thanks!
Why are you smoking cigarettes? Please stop. You can do shisha, vape or weed but not cigarettes, that thing will ruin your breath and health. Your sleeping habit will be destroyed.

1 Like

Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Candidlady: 12:35pm On Nov 29, 2021
Hungerbadoo:
You smoke captain black?
if yes... Am ihellbound?
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
NaijirianKing:
Women who smoke are poor examples of what a lady is supposed to be and should be avoided at all costs.

Wife material is costly because wife material is rare. Every women is not a wife.

Certain red flags allow you to separate the quality from those who are merely quantity. A woman who smokes doesn't truly value herself, her image, or even her own health.

Illiterate
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by InvertedHammer: 12:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
Datboredberry:

Thanks!
/
That's a woman who places less value on her life and must be avoided at all cost.

Date her but never marry her. The health cost of maintaining a smoker or ex-smoker at old age is very high. There are many decent, non-smokers out there. Why limit oneself to a damaged good?

As a woman, she will be closer to the kids. Either the second-hand smoke destroys the family or her children will think her irresponsible behaviour is normal. Some people deserve to be left alone. Such women should be left at the brothels where they rightfully belong.
/

7 Likes

Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by JFOD: 12:38pm On Nov 29, 2021
Datboredberry:

Thanks!

In our society, false assumptions are made of anyone who smokes (don't make it a gender issue).

Smoking only doesn't/can't indicate a wayward person, there are some other things people put into consideration along side smoking to categorize someone as wayward.

If someone view you as classless because you smoke, please evaluate how you do it.
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Sharatan(m): 12:39pm On Nov 29, 2021
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool Nothing SWEET PASS wen u and BANI de KUSH together.. E get 1 BANI wey de my COMPOUND, Me n here de SMOKE WEED steady steady.. infact na me n her SMOKE in d morning.. Na Tom Boy she but na very FINE BANI.. Me n her FIT still SMOKE WEED dis evening.. I go try CONVINCE her to join NAIRALAND.. Na CORRECT BANI she be... SOMETIMES self she go buy SHAWARMA come my BACKGROUND.. wen we don SMOKE WEED Small, we go eat SHAWARMA.. Na real CORRECT BANI... WTF MAN
Your comments are something bruh..
Real thoughts from cloud 9 atmosphere grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by dettolgel: 12:39pm On Nov 29, 2021
In my opinion whether woman or man anyone that knowingly start smoking anything that put their health at risk is both selfish and have a questionable character.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Driver Crashes Bus Into A Shop In Ahoada West, Rivers State (Photos) / Car Rams Into EndSARS Protesters In Ondo, Kills One, Three Injured / Apology For Unnecessary Downtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.