Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? (33443 Views)

10 Different Types Of Women You Will Likely Meet This Xmas At Your Village / UN Tasks Nigeria On Stigmatisation Of ‘boko Haram Wives, Children’ / Nigerian Women Who Made History In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Boss13: 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2021
Wrecxman:

I think you missed the point of this post until your last line...

The question here was why women who smoke are denigrated while almost nothing is said about their male counterparts who do the same.

He highlighted the ignorance of the OP citing society don't frown at women who smoke in the west. It clearly shows the OP has never traveled or lived in the west. It is harshly frown at. Smoking is not a cool habit in the west. It is an expensive dirty habit that even affect the chances of having quality people around you.

I completely forgot the expensive health insurance premium smokers are subjected to and the subtly discrimination such as not being allowed to smoke in social places or even in front of kids.
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Gospel2Day: 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2021
You have a bad habit, just admit it and stop trying to force society to accept your moral inadequacy.
A woman needs to stay as healthy as possible, both for the purpose of childbearing and child rearing.
What moral lesson will you bequeath to your daughter if she knows her mother smokes?
Do you care about the shaming her school mates will unload on her?
Besides, all over the world, women who smoke are not highly regarded as being responsible and role model in the society.
See, quit the gender war, a female does not occupy the same position in the social Hierarchy. It is inbuilt in our consciousness. Adam came before Eve. She was made to complement him, not to compete with him.
How happy would you feel if employees who came years after you are promoted to your rank and position at your workplace?
Repent, quit your sinful smoking habit, and get serious with impacting the world positively.
Don't add to the mess you met when you were born.
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Legendoo: 2:58pm On Nov 29, 2021
Boss13:

Exactly - they have no idea. These ignorant Nigerians are not aware that some smokers go for therapy too.

Your last sentence is extremely important. Hollywood and Social Media are both doing a great disservice to many Nigerians who have no idea of how the world truly operates, but continue to imitate extreme behaviors.

It's the adults. Have you noticed how they encourage them?

Everything is about how they feel. Cultural Marxism at it's finest, and no iota of accountability whatsoever. Just living like hillbillies from the 70s .

Those addicted to mpuri also told us to shut up and now have to deal with the consequences. See how they had no choice other than to flog them as Nigeria has no facilities to save people when things go wrong.

A wise person would analyse himself and the society they come from before imposing alien counter cultural norms on themselves.

Woke Ramota from abule egba has forgotten she's Nigerian and now living in western lala land lol.

Let them continue, we'll have the last laugh.

Great to see adults like you still exist. Kudos.
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by sisisioge: 3:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
Well....I have women who smoke in my family and I think it is a tasteless habit because of how dangerous it is to their health. However, I have no qualms with women in general that smoke.....just as I have no qualms with men that smoke. My only issue is its danger to heath....finish.
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Boss13: 3:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
Loreettaa:

They'll say you're judgemental.

I could tell the OP is young, unmarried, uncultured, ignorant and not exposed when she was trying to justify her poor lifestyle choice. She excitely said she doesn't mind getting married to a smoker too. These are silly views made by inexperienced individuals.

She didn't not contemplate the impact of such unhealthy lifestyle on her children, the social cost, the health cost, and financial implications such lifestyle would have on her family. These are the kind of girls that think marriage life is happy times, restaurants groping, vacations, clubbing, and shopping.

I know some smoking couples suffering their irresponsible lifestyle choices. Some of them are no longer together. Others blaming each other for their miserable lives. While a few detesting their wives openly and in public for smoking and even calling them prostitutes.

1 Like

Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by DominionGreat: 3:07pm On Nov 29, 2021
It's only in African culture that smoking is frowned upon.. When you live in Russia my brother you will see smoking as a normal everyday routine.. Even in Vatican city priests and monks there smoke their liver out.. No smoke na whether no no cold go keeee you..

Anyway smoke responsibly.. My advice is thus..

Avoid cigarettes.. Take pure weed instead..that tin is so medicinal.. don't quote me if you don't have anything meaningful to say
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Boss13: 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2021
Legendoo:

It's the adults. Have you noticed how they encourage them?

Everything is about how they feel. Cultural Marxism at it's finest, and no iota of accountability whatsoever. Just living like hillbillies from the 70s .

Those addicted to mpuri also told us to shut up and now have to deal with the consequences. See how they had no choice other than to flog them as Nigeria has no facilities to save people when things go wrong.

A wise person would analyse himself and the society they come from before imposing alien counter cultural norms on themselves.

Woke Ramota from abule egba has forgotten she's Nigerian and now living in western lala land lol.

Let them continue, we'll have the last laugh.

Great to see adults like you still exist. Kudos.

It is a shame my brother. Your comment is spot on. If a few of us had not picked up her ignorant comments, she would have pushed a false narrative. Guess what! Her clique of lowlives would protray it as stigmatization and continous oppression of Nigerian women. That is the narrative she wanted to paint with this thread.

Woke Ramota (very funny expression, I had to borrow it) has not seen Murtala Muhammad International Airport in a long while, but wants to dictate how things should be.

Thank you for also speaking up. There are lots of young kids on this platform that deserve to know the truth.

1 Like

Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Albertone(m): 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2021
DarkCaesar:
I have one currently like that, we not dating and no Sex…….she just come around, we smoke and play around. She walks around the house naked and both go to sleep unclad every time she sleeps over. She’s just fun to be with………Sex sometimes ruin some relationships, I’m just understanding that

You sure say you no get erectile dysfunction?
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Albertone(m): 3:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
sammirano:
Please just remove the image of that sister smoking. If you choose to continue smoking it is your lungs that will tell you otherwise, not me.

Why should she remove it?
Why not tell sisters to stop smoking?
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by DarkCaesar(m): 3:22pm On Nov 29, 2021
Albertone:

You sure say you no get erectile dysfunction?
Nope Boss…..she just no hungry me to Bleep and she Dey arrange her friends for me for free. We just cool that way, I like her left hand in my boxers while we smoking together than to bleep her
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Albertone(m): 3:24pm On Nov 29, 2021
DarkCaesar:
Nope Boss…..she just no hungry me to Bleep and she Dey arrange her friends for me for free. We just cool that way, I like her left hand in my boxers while we smoking together than to bleep her

This one deep...
It's possible sha.
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by DarkCaesar(m): 3:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
Albertone:

This one deep...
It's possible sha.
lol na wetin Dey happen…..she go show for my crib Morrow night and not leaving till Friday. Weekends always busy for her
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Shakathezulu1: 3:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
Deffjam:
I sincerely likes girls that smokes.....dated many........they just turn me on, especially when we inside...with the door locked............. smoke and sleep!!!
I had a crazy Saturday night into Sunday morning with my orobo FWB.
Drinking and burning herbs together.
The knacks mad gan.
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by kumulus(m): 3:33pm On Nov 29, 2021
NaijirianKing:
Women who smoke are poor examples of what a lady is supposed to be and should be avoided at all costs.

Wife material is costly because wife material is rare. Every women is not a wife.

Certain red flags allow you to separate the quality from those who are merely quantity. A woman who smokes doesn't truly value herself, her image, or even her own health.

What's a lady supposed to be? And what authority gave the standard??!

If you would be kind to help my misery sir, how do I identify this rare material IF I ever happen upon such?

And if you've said the self, image and health are hers and not mine nor yours, do you not think it's only appropriate for her alone to determine what her value is?? I'd like to know if it settles right with you if anyone other than yourself tells you what your value is? Your self worth??!

Looking forward to reading your reply.

Enjoy
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by GerogeI(m): 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
Wrecxman:

I think you missed the point of this post until your last line...

The question here was why women who smoke are denigrated while almost nothing is said about their male counterparts who do the same.

And my point is that smoking is already recognized as an unnecessary evil both in advanced world and third world. So the gender question is a waste of time and efforts. There are more relevant gender questions that need attention such as disparity in pay, home gender roles, women in leadership, girl child education, sexual harassment etc. These are all noble pursuits, smoking is not noble by anybody's standard.
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by anointedlinks: 3:36pm On Nov 29, 2021
When anyone smokes not just women, they are distributing lung cancer to anyone near them (by choice or not), who doesn't smoke. Not the nicest habit to pick up...
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by kumulus(m): 3:36pm On Nov 29, 2021
Lee99:
Women who smoke turn me on, I am attracted to them a lot, we have a lot of fun together most times, na cruise and we dey fit relate well. But I can never and will never wife a woman that smokes. undecided

Any valid reasons you can share please?
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by kumulus(m): 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2021
FirmTR:

Although to me, it's irresponsible for a woman to smoke, but still can be friends with one in a non-romantic way.

What's the definition of responsibility again?
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by uptownemmygee(m): 3:53pm On Nov 29, 2021
Even girls wey no dey smoke sef dey wayward
Smoking and wayward life are two different things
I have sat with different kind of women who smoke real big time and you can hardly know e.g oluwakemi saraki. My own be say put class for your smoking level, no be everywhere you go you must smoke. Former NDDC chairman daughter Don use agip helicopter fly us go island based on smoking level.
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by BePrepared: 3:57pm On Nov 29, 2021
Lee99:

Where are you based? Maybe we can organise a smoking session, I do Rothman brown or switch, Bohem when I don't see either

Datboredbery you don c husband b dat

1 Like

Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by BePrepared: 4:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool Nothing SWEET PASS wen u and BANI de KUSH together.. E get 1 BANI wey de my COMPOUND, Me n here de SMOKE WEED steady steady.. infact na me n her SMOKE in d morning.. Na Tom Boy she but na very FINE BANI.. Me n her FIT still SMOKE WEED dis evening.. I go try CONVINCE her to join NAIRALAND.. Na CORRECT BANI she be... SOMETIMES self she go buy SHAWARMA come my BACKGROUND.. wen we don SMOKE WEED Small, we go eat SHAWARMA.. Na real CORRECT BANI... WTF MAN

Marry her na so that the smoking will be taken to another level, when she gives birth the smoking enter another gear with ur child
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Melanyn(m): 4:08pm On Nov 29, 2021
Me dat is looking for stoner chick.... Applications are welcomed
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by BePrepared: 4:08pm On Nov 29, 2021
Datboredberry:
I'm a girl... I smoke... Can I marry a man who smokes? Ofcourse! I would love it.

Deep inside u u dont love it

Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Probz(m): 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2021
Gospel2Day:
You have a bad habit, just admit it and stop trying to force society to accept your moral inadequacy.
A woman needs to stay as healthy as possible, both for the purpose of childbearing and child rearing.
What moral lesson will you bequeath to your daughter if she knows her mother smokes?
Do you care about the shaming her school mates will unload on her?
Besides, all over the world, women who smoke are not highly regarded as being responsible and role model in the society.
See, quit the gender war, a female does not occupy the same position in the social Hierarchy. It is inbuilt in our consciousness. Adam came before Eve. She was made to complement him, not to compete with him.
How happy would you feel if employees who came years after you are promoted to your rank and position at your workplace?
Repent, quit your sinful smoking habit, and get serious with impacting the world positively.
Don't add to the mess you met when you were born.
Shalom.

In the west no-one cares what gender you are as far as smoking’s concerned. You don’t know what you’re talking about.
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Deffjam: 4:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
Shakathezulu1:

I had a crazy Saturday night into Sunday morning with my orobo FWB.
Drinking and burning herbs together.
The knacks mad gan.
boss..that feeling when kissing her. Her tongue go dey taste one kind........ grin

By the way, yesterday highness just dey commot for my body. Best X magic moment X Oris X Arizona

1 Like

Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Gospel2Day: 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2021
In the west no-one cares what gender you are as far as smoking’s concerned. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Why not go and live in the West? Why must you force Western ideology on us? Many of you are slaves of Western lifestyle. It's a shame.
You can't force a society to accept your way of life. It's a battle you cannot win. So don't start it.
Shalom.
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
OP never see my comments??
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by rukis360(m): 4:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
I knw about smoking alot so I'm no novice, what I'll just say is do ur things in moderation, many people who smoke are not bad people, the society just hav a default hypocritical set of individuals who see others wrong and not theirs. U can b a smoker and lead a fruitful life if you want to as a person... At the same time excess smoking wil make u think you're in charge of the situation wen it's actually d cruise that's influencing u to think that way so u won't see wrong in what you're doin. I've met gud and bad smokers
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by dontrulee: 5:07pm On Nov 29, 2021
Datboredberry:
I'm as very light smoker- at most, three to four cigarettes a week...

I'm very young, and I started smoking two years ago...

In our society, if a woman is known to be a smoker... She's looked down on... And false assumptions are made of her personality...

Why the stigmatisation? I know men are victims too but women who smoke are viewed as classless etc... While with men, it's simply a bad habit...

What's your opinion on women who smoke? And what's your reason?

I would appreciate comments based on experiences rather than bias...

And I need valid points how SMOKING directly indicates a wayward woman...

Thanks!

Keep on playing with your lungs, we are here waiting for you!
Re: Why The Stigmatisation Of Women Who Smoke? by ariesbull: 5:15pm On Nov 29, 2021
I don't see anything bad about them.... I do smoke once in a while

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Misconstrue And Misconception Of "Aluta" By Nigerian Students / Nairalander Kills A Long Black Snake (Photos) / Strayed Cow Unleashed In Ketu This Morning (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.