Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree (20390 Views)

Should I resign or continue? / Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree / Should I Go Back To School Or Continue Working? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by silvoclaira: 7:10pm On Nov 26, 2021
shocked Hia!
endsarrrs:
The last time i checked, a Phd holder is still a 'CORPORAL' in the NPF, struggling for upgrade undecided

FYI a CORPORAL IS THE LOWEST RANKING SERVANT IN THE NPF grin
Lol begging for promotion kwa?! Phd ke? sad

1 Like

Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by Richy4(m): 7:11pm On Nov 26, 2021
What would have made a young man to start doubting himself to even think about abandoning a degree program from one of the most prestigious university in Nigeria just to join a police force?

Hey dear, u are the one wearing the shoes and U alone knows where it pinches.. just follow your heart...

But without a degree, u might put all your frustration on the citizens that u will be policing because your superiors made u stay on level 5 for 18years..

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by Samuelnze(m): 7:13pm On Nov 26, 2021
embarassed Sanitize the police force which ever way you can,,
you have gained knowledge of what is right or wrong,constitutional and unconstitutional,, sanitize the corrupt mind of your co workers when you get there..
Pursue a part time course from there...

i, want to use this opportunity to inform all nairalanders that i am new here..
hope i am welcome..
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by femi4: 7:13pm On Nov 26, 2021
Nitrolekzi:
Currently, I am a 200l student of University of Ibadan but I put in for Police recruitment 2020 exercise during Covid-19 and I have been shortlisted for the past two stages and I believe I'm going to make the final list too.
I will like to see your views on what I should do now.

Should I join the police or continue with my program[color=#000099][/color][b][/b]
Join them and do part time in NOUN
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by Baamm(m): 7:13pm On Nov 26, 2021
Nitrolekzi:
Currently, I am a 200l student of University of Ibadan but I put in for Police recruitment 2020 exercise during Covid-19 and I have been shortlisted for the past two stages and I believe I'm going to make the final list too.

Should I join the police or continue with my program[color=#000099][/color][b][/b]
pls grab any opportunity that comes ur way. You won’t regret it plus u can obtain permission to continue schooling after 2 years in service
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by olas24u(f): 7:13pm On Nov 26, 2021
[quote author=studentwriter post=107987436] @bolded is the real truth[/quot
A degree holder from UI is not limited to only one environment .
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by InvertedHammer: 7:16pm On Nov 26, 2021
Nitrolekzi:

/

In this era of Unknown Gun Men?

/
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by Truvelisback(m): 7:17pm On Nov 26, 2021
Nitrolekzi:

Join the Police and continue ur degree.
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by LaIabobo: 7:18pm On Nov 26, 2021
Nitrolekzi:

Please finish your studies.

Try graduating with at least a 2.1.
While at it, be involved in departmental or faculty leadership or join AIESEC/Anunsa.
Also, boost your resume by taking free courses online.
You'll have other opportunities after graduation.

Recte sapere fons
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by nellaz(m): 7:18pm On Nov 26, 2021
My guy it's a very easy decision defer your program go for the training and when you have succeeded don't waste anytime do transfer to your school location and continue your studies many officer's encourage younger ones to go back to school only few don't agree
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by guru90: 7:19pm On Nov 26, 2021
This kinda offer came to my Jnr. bro as well....
UBA called him for Job offer and at the same time Police offered him Inspector Cadre............

Now, i advised him to drop that Police offer and follow UBA offer..................

Now, my thinking is that Police na federal work but them kari alot of curses while UBA is a private sector.........................
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by rickyrex(m): 7:23pm On Nov 26, 2021
Internet22:

Guy, I will advice you to take the job and forget about degree for now except you're studying a professional course that guarantee job after graduation. Getting job now is very difficult, having a degree is now equivalent to having an SSCE result.
Though the constable pay is not much, but you'll appreciate yourself later on in future when you see you fellow classmates
blant lie.... The only future he will see himself been better than his classmate is if he decided to join the bribery gang or side hustle like illigal detention of innocent citizens and make money out of them. Even degree holders now in police uniform have open their eyes well to join road patrol else they will only end up with just their monthly salaries. Nija police equivalent to Yahoo boys

2 Likes

Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by plaetton: 7:25pm On Nov 26, 2021
Internet22:

Guy, I will advice you to take the job and forget about degree for now except you're studying a professional course that guarantee job after graduation. Getting job now is very difficult, having a degree is now equivalent to having an SSCE result.
Though the constable pay is not much, but you'll appreciate yourself later on in future when you see you fellow classmates
Ditching a Degree in place joining the Nigerian police force as recruit would probably be the dumbest thing anyone can do. Even if his dream is to be a police officer, a university degree would place him in much more better position and future options in the police force.
Education is its own reward. Even if an education doesn't guarantee you a suit and tie job in Nigeria, it would certainly give him broader options in the future in Nigeria and outside Nigeria.
Abandoning the pursuit of a university degree to be a Nigerian police corporal would be the dumbest move in anyone's lifetime. A lifetime of regret awaits him he chooses that path.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by Elidrisy20: 7:25pm On Nov 26, 2021
At this point in time,is better you join Amoetekun or Esn
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by smile11s(m): 7:26pm On Nov 26, 2021
Nitrolekzi:

Unless you’re really passionate about police, I will advice you focus on your education. At least finish what you start.

https://gist.am/should-i-join-police-or-continue-with-my-degree/a/1776
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 26, 2021
Better continue with your degree if you don't want your kids to insult you.
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by Dedonrukky: 7:27pm On Nov 26, 2021
I will advice, you remain focus and face your studies. The police job will not earn your much as a graduate not to talk of not being a graduate.
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by Germi9: 7:29pm On Nov 26, 2021
Nitrolekzi:

If you were a graduate i would have said yes because you will enjoy it,good pay good rank but as an olevel holder my brother na back of hilux u go dey sit down oo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by Algold: 7:29pm On Nov 26, 2021
Nitrolekzi:

My guy Federal govt job na job ooo... Steady monthly income
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by Worksunlimited: 7:34pm On Nov 26, 2021
Nitrolekzi:

Continue with your degree
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by Asagaguy: 7:34pm On Nov 26, 2021
Nitrolekzi:

Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by vikgreen01(m): 7:36pm On Nov 26, 2021
endsarrrs:
The last time i checked, a Phd holder is still a 'CORPORAL' in the NPF, struggling for upgrade undecided

FYI a CORPORAL IS THE LOWEST RANKING SERVANT IN THE NPF grin

Joining the non commissioned cadre is just too ridiculous no matter the amount of certificate someone might attain. Upgrading doesn’t come easy.
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by Asagaguy: 7:38pm On Nov 26, 2021
What course are you studying at UI? If it's not science related course , just jettison your studies and go for the police job.once you are into the job, jettison their code of conduct and focus on how to cash out using the uniform as a leverage [quote author=Asagaguy post=107988514][/quote]
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by manee2(m): 7:39pm On Nov 26, 2021
This is me asking same question in 2018.

From Abia state, I left as a 200l student of Michael okpara university of agriculture to join the NPF in 2018. I was studying computer science.

I strived so I could make high grades and when I couldn’t meet up financially i finally decided to follow my Elder sister’s (a senior officer) advice to join the force after she helped purchase the form.

God! During my 6 months training, I thought I would be permitted to go sit for my exams in school at least, after I managed to get textbooks and read all night when my mates were busy sleeping after strenuous daily activities. My “AC ADMIN” would easily discharge me with the phrase “you have gotten a job now, the exams are not necessary” and refused to grant me casual leaves to school.

I refused to give up with school, I thought to myself “maybe he is right, I would be paid enough when I pass out from here, with the money I could further my education and probably fix things at school.”

“Lo and behold” I was transferred to Ebonyi state from police college. My hopes of combining school with work in jeopardy and the pay was too poor to carter for myself and run my school activities from another state.

I spoke to a superior officer if It were possible for me to go on a transfer back to Abia state but he laughed and said he has been working on his transfers for over 15years to no avail.

That was how I dropped from school. Few years after I still had to drop the job and hustle more because the pay was too poor, the intimidation from superiors were frustrating and the risk and hatred was something else.

I don’t know how you should see this, I just decided to share my experience. Good luck!

6 Likes

Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by West2019(m): 7:39pm On Nov 26, 2021
my brother if you gather all those #10#20 wey you go collect for check point at the end of the month nah something

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by plaetton: 7:39pm On Nov 26, 2021
lalajnr:
wipe out this thrash that you dropped here

What's education for you. Only in Nigeria that you see people going to school just to secure job. Education cannot give you money but it can help to be productive.

Education didn't give Obi Cubana money but it help him to be productive and successful

So OP should better complete his education before thinking about other stuff after all if he go for police na korofo he go end

Be wise man

Thank you Jare.
Nigerians are sooo short-sighted.
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by Akabuking: 7:41pm On Nov 26, 2021
Nitrolekzi:

You will regret your action if they send you to South East.
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by Codes151(m): 7:42pm On Nov 26, 2021
Your life Your choice
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by plaetton: 7:44pm On Nov 26, 2021
Asagaguy:
What course are you studying at UI? If it's not science related course , just jettison your studies and go for the police job.once you are into the job, jettison their code of conduct and focus on how to cash out using the uniform as a leverage

Horrible advice.
Extremely short-sighted too. undecided

Asagaguy:
once you are into the job, jettison their code of conduct and focus on how to cash out using the uniform as a leverage

You mean leverage the uniform and Gun to extort and rob citizens on the road ? shocked

Wow! and we wonder why Nigeria is so rotten lipsrsealed undecided cry

3 Likes

Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 26, 2021
Internet22:

How much are they paid
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by Teejay13(m): 7:52pm On Nov 26, 2021
Oga if you have an opportunity to get a job with the Nigerian police, dont think it twice rather grab it ASAP.

With the way Nigeria economy is now, your degree does not guarantee you a job.

In the Nigeria we find ourselves today, it is one thing to have a degree and it is another to get a job. So any opportunity you have to earn a living, please I suggest you go further without any delay.

Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are All Africans Studying Nursing In America? / 5 Reasons Why ACCA Is Better Than ICAN / Sterling Graduate Trainee 2022 - Aptitude Test Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.