Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree (20373 Views)

Should I resign or continue? / Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree / Should I Go Back To School Or Continue Working? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by merit1988(f): 10:09am On Nov 27, 2021
ThankGod10:
My brother forget wat some people are saying here to discourage you. I was in my Final semester and got a job to work with dy Nigerian police 2019. I went and differ the semester after POP can bck and finish up, now I have my Degree and also have a Job, let nobody deceive you here Millions are looking for this opportunity Wich you got..bro no waste am, naija hard aswear..No work..you can do just wat i did, working a transfer bck to were ur school is located is so so easy you can still wrk nd school....... proudly a Nigerian police officer, we move...Naija go better.
which means you got the job with your WAEC certificate? After graduating from the university, are there chances for your degree certificate to be considered for promotion in the Nigerian police force?
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by Xano(m): 10:42am On Nov 27, 2021
Nitrolekzi:
Currently, I am a 200l student of University of Ibadan but I put in for Police recruitment 2020 exercise during Covid-19 and I have been shortlisted for the past two stages and I believe I'm going to make the final list too.
I will like to see your views on what I should do now.

Should I join the police or continue with my program[color=#000099][/color][/b]

If you value your life and degree, then NO.
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by idpompe: 11:05am On Nov 27, 2021
Pick up the job and commence and online degree program.
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by ThankGod10: 12:58pm On Nov 27, 2021
Yes, I used my SSCE to get the job but presently police have not been doing in-service for officers with higher qualifications bcus of some reasons best known to them, but any ways if any better offer comes we move...
merit1988:
which means you got the job with your WAEC certificate? After graduating from the university, are there chances for your degree certificate to be considered for promotion in the Nigerian police force?
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by Champneys: 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2021
Nitrolekzi:
Currently, I am a 200l student of University of Ibadan but I put in for Police recruitment 2020 exercise during Covid-19 and I have been shortlisted for the past two stages and I believe I'm going to make the final list too.

Should I join the police or continue with my program[color=#000099][/color][b][/b]

Join the Police and let me catch you.

Wafeeku!
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by plaetton: 1:35pm On Nov 27, 2021
EazyMoh:

Stop overreacting. Nobody is abandoning anything. He can simply defer a session or two at most and would come back to finish it. There are countless number of people parading the same Degree certificate struggling to get a 20k job. Unemployment in Nigeria is at an alarming rate and a Degree certificate does not guarantee anything.
Stop deluding yourself.
Anyone who purposely got a university education just for the sake of a job is entirely missing the whole point about education.
Education is its own reward, not necessarily a means to a salary . An educated mind is equipped ( not sure if that's case with Nigerian education though) with broader mental skills and versatility with which to navigate a complex and changing world. As such, the person has far greater vocational and career options.

Education is not about walking around with certificates looking for a job, it's more about molding a mind to be focused and versatile, and having options.
By dropping out of school, he greatly limits his future options in life.
And he should not delude himself with the idea of going back to school later, because that hardly ever works out for anyone, talkless of a low ranking, lowly paid police corporal in the Nigerian police force.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by bewla(m): 4:23pm On Nov 27, 2021
MightySparrow:

If your daughter is beautiful, she would be sanitized with Ogas tire.
Some one have to do the needful

I only have girls and am proud of them

First lesson at how don't steal and don't lie
What ever you want ask

We are trying to bring up good children even do it's hard
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by NaijaSumi: 4:31pm On Nov 27, 2021
Can you run both?
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by cuteralph101(m): 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2021
Nitrolekzi:

Should I join the police or continue with my program[color=#000099][/color][b][/b]
bro...finish ur school don't say they didn't advice u
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by opzy100(m): 6:01pm On Nov 27, 2021
Go for the job oo, if you lose your studenship in the process, you can enroll for a distance learning course.
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by StayMotivated: 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2021
2017, i studied Law and i got called to the bar in 2018
Frankicent:

Which year you finish?

1 Like

Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by MightySparrow: 7:44pm On Nov 27, 2021
bewla:
Some one have to do the needful

I only have girls and am proud of them

First lesson at how don't steal and don't lie
What ever you want ask

We are trying to bring up good children even do it's hard
Are you looking for roja? I girl child also. I allow my children to choose their career. If any of them wishes to be police, good luck.
For me, there are more appealing jobs than Nigerian police.

1 Like

Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by bewla(m): 9:40pm On Nov 27, 2021
MightySparrow:

Are you looking for roja? I girl child also. I allow my children to choose their career. If any of them wishes to be police, good luck.
For me, there are more appealing jobs than Nigerian police.
Believe in honesty not Haram in roja
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by MightySparrow: 11:29pm On Nov 27, 2021
bewla:
Believe in honesty not Haram in roja

Why are not in the police yourself?

1 Like

Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by bewla(m): 8:11am On Nov 28, 2021
MightySparrow:

Why are not in the police y0ourself?
Sorry age

51 u see

I have no formal education then

And back then things where not this bad
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by D4hnt3: 11:07am On Nov 29, 2021
Can i transfer and complete my law degree at national open University with a transcript?
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by endsarrrs(f): 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2021
vikgreen01:

Joining the non commissioned cadre is just too ridiculous no matter the amount of certificate someone might attain. Upgrading doesn’t come easy.
Could it be so in the military also?
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by rhymesnoni(m): 2:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
Steve0979:
Some of u condemin d police job I laugh at u guys.op,dis was ow my friends then were castigating m on my choice to join d nigerian army as a recruit.but today nko,dey have all graduated no job to do.even d ones dat have jobs dey don't come near me salary wise.I am abt to complete my HND while in d work,my salary,allowance etc some graduate no smell am

Stevo stevo... weldone oo, na Bala.
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by vikgreen01(m): 9:44pm On Nov 29, 2021
endsarrrs:
Could it be so in the military also?

Yes absolutely. It’s even more rigid in the military sector. If U have a degree certificate but u apply with a lower certificate like ssce, that degree is void/null upon getting commissioned as a lower rank.
Re: Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree by endsarrrs(f): 7:35am On Nov 30, 2021
vikgreen01:

Yes absolutely. It’s even more rigid in the military sector. If U have a degree certificate but u apply with a lower certificate like ssce, that degree is void/null upon getting commissioned as a lower rank.
Yes that's right. It's Ncos only.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Water Seller Shares His Money With Prison Inmates (Video) / Why Are All Africans Studying Nursing In America? / My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.