Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,518 members, 7,801,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

White Girls And Fufu - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / White Girls And Fufu (7937 Views)

Why Is The Last Ball Of Eba/fufu Hard To Swallow? / Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. / Plantain Fufu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Girls And Fufu by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 26, 2007
currently in canada. Its come to the point where almost every girl I go out with says they've eaten fufu and egusi at some point in their life and keep trying to cajole me to cook it for them. fufu isn't hard, but too bad I never learnt how to make soups. tongue
Re: White Girls And Fufu by omoge(f): 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2007
fufu is akpu. pyam or pounded yam is what i think the white ladies like with egusi.

i have seen pple calling all of it fufu. pyam as fufu, semo as fufu, elubo as fufu, plantain flour as fufu. it gets someone confused.

so make sure you learn how to make those soup your white lady friends like okay. it's not hard.
cheers.
Re: White Girls And Fufu by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 27, 2007
Thats the thing. I'm all the way over here and there's noone to teach me. Didn't learn before I left niger (I was very young and stupid). Is there somewhere I can go that has recipes to nigerian food?
Re: White Girls And Fufu by omoge(f): 1:56pm On Jul 27, 2007
you can get nigerian food in the african store there. or check out the carribean/jamaican stores. they carry african food. i buy some of my nig foodstuffs in a jamaican store. once you get all you need for pyam and egusi ready, then come in here and we will give you a step by step process of making egusi and pyam that your white friends like. look around this section too, there is a recipe forum where you can also learn for yourself.
cheers and make sure you try. don't get frustrated if it doesn't come out well cuz you learn to do better again. don't invite the ladies yet o until you sure say you master am first grin
Re: White Girls And Fufu by doyin13(m): 12:37pm On Jul 28, 2007
y dem no go like am.

na beans

grin grin grin
Re: White Girls And Fufu by Galadriel(f): 5:32pm On Jul 28, 2007
@ Omoge
You are so right. Most Afro-carribean stores here in Canada carry African food stuffs. I remember when I and My sister tried to make pounded yam using the flour and not the traditional yam and mortar. It turned out not so good, but we discovered a technique that makes it come out without lumps! grin
Re: White Girls And Fufu by mantutuman(m): 11:39pm On Jul 28, 2007
I will tell you how to make egusi soup.
Get egusi.
Grind it.
Boil meat, stock fish, etc with seasoning eg onions, salt, maggi and magani if you desire.
Make sure the meat is well done.
Pour red palm oil in empty pot.
Let it heat up a bit.
Pour cut onions in pot.
Let it sizzle (about 2 minutes).
Pour the egusi into the pot, mix with ground crayfish, let it fizzle some more (about 20 minutes).
Pour meat broth into pot.
Guage quantity for desired thickness.
Add meat, fish, etc.
Let it hizzle (about 5 minutes).
Add salt, pepper, vegetable if desired.
Let it cook for about 3 minutes.
Taste.
If it tastes nasty, give it to the dogs.

All our females on this land, y could'nt you tell brother man the simple art of egusi making. Hmmmmmmmmm,
Re: White Girls And Fufu by spaceworld: 12:52am On Jul 29, 2007
No be fufu dem eat oooo na real IYAN to da, the akpu of a things the odour alone can make them commit suicide oooooo, be warned cheesy

1 Like

Re: White Girls And Fufu by DrDre1(m): 1:14am On Jul 29, 2007
White girls now like fufu?! shocked grin smiley
This is so funny grin
White girl + Fufu = grin grin grin

@ Spaceworld
In that case I advice the poster to make sure a First Aid box and telephone (to dial 911) is around. just in casegrin grin grin grin
Re: White Girls And Fufu by WesleyanA(f): 2:04am On Jul 29, 2007
since when did guys become curious to learn how to cook in order to impress girls?
Re: White Girls And Fufu by theopops: 4:21am On Jul 29, 2007
They learn to impress their white girls. If na Nigerian girl ask them to learn, them go carry nose up.

Talk about double standard!
Re: White Girls And Fufu by Nobody: 4:27am On Jul 29, 2007
this topic is funny sha, white girls and fufu, lol, lol
Re: White Girls And Fufu by Zahymaka(m): 2:30pm On Jul 29, 2007
I wouldn't exactly agree. A friend's girlfriend was telling me about how he took her out to an African restaurant. It may be a coincidence but he got her egusi and fufu.

It was too 'spicy' and she kept throwing up.
Re: White Girls And Fufu by shens2006(m): 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2007
hahaha
Re: White Girls And Fufu by romeo(m): 9:15pm On Jul 29, 2007
most whites girls going out with blacks do eat fufu and egusi *atleast to see wetin e be like*
and no be news because na food and we eat it
Re: White Girls And Fufu by doncaster(m): 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2007
I have oyibo gyl sometime ago she use to eat yam, Plantain and ogbono soup (without semo or pyam) as that is the only one i know how to prepare. Infact she use to call the ogbono soup chewing soup cos it draws. She get use to the soup sotee she wan finish my soup under two days. Oyibos once they like you even if na shit you dey eat them go folow you flenge the shit one time.
Re: White Girls And Fufu by omoge(f): 11:46pm On Jul 29, 2007
yeah that's true. once they like you they will eat what you are eating. most like jollof rice, egusi and pyam. they also like oxtail and stew (that's the one my neighbor's wife love) really crazy about oxtail stew. all the children eat any kind of nigeria food.

my good friend and her white bf came to visit me and he was asking of egusi and pyam. i was laughing. told him i didn't have the ingredients to make it some other time. i made jollof rice, the guy use am cover him head lol grin throught that afternoon and evening, the guy made sure the rice was at his side. cold go warm am and continue to eat grin one thing, i didn't add my favorite ata (habernero sp??) pepper to it though.

so guys, learn to cook okay grin
Re: White Girls And Fufu by soccerchic(f): 12:07am On Jul 30, 2007
@ 2buff and Galadriel

There are a few African stores in the T.dot. i don't know what part of canada u all @. You guys can come to the t dot and buy stuff. Check out India Africa store in Jane and Wilson. the carry almost everything that u can think of grin

As for ' white girls like/eat fufu" I will have to say so what!! Is fufu poison or something? I don't see the big deal but hey thats just me, grin grin
Re: White Girls And Fufu by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 30, 2007
@soccerchic

gal i know o, i went to that store the last time i was in tdot and i was surprised,dey
got shitloads of sstuff from snails,goat,naija movies i mean everythin,

but here for NB we aint got as much.
Re: White Girls And Fufu by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 30, 2007
@Mantutuman

Thanx for the directions. good to see na even fellow bros man help me answer question.  cool

@WesleyanA & theopops

You know, we who fraternize with the whites are at the frontlines of the international/interracial relations battle so we strive to put our best cultural foot forward. YOU on the other hand already know the culture, so make man pikin sleep. Still love niger girls sha, you're all queens to me. No one can step to that.  wink

@soccerchic

I live in Bleep. Just recently found an african store round here too. thanx for the T.dot heads-up.  grin
Re: White Girls And Fufu by Elgaxton(m): 7:01pm On Jul 30, 2007
@All of una

white Girl like fufu, Na him be sey she go kill me with love!

By the way, all of una wey dey yarn about fufu, if na Nigeria u dey u go gree sey u dey cook fufu?

I too like Nigerians!
Re: White Girls And Fufu by Leilah(f): 7:09pm On Jul 30, 2007
when I first tasted that stuff damn i fell in love with fufu and soups that I HAD to learn how to make them. My husband had not got a clue so I actually learned off the back of the maggi pack together with the net and its has been so worth it. The spicier the better. i fell in love with those hot hot peppers I tried to grow plants a few times!
Re: White Girls And Fufu by luisita: 8:39pm On Jul 30, 2007
I am a mexican girl and I like fufu also. I ate it on a visit to Cameroun. That is the only African country I have visited. I would like to visit Nigeria but I do not know anybody there.
Re: White Girls And Fufu by Shaunscot(m): 11:13am On Jul 31, 2007
The fact that white girls like fufu is quite funny.Im a Nigerian living in Nigeria and I dont like it one bit.
@luisita
You can come to Nigeria if/when you want to.You already know people here on Nairaland.Its just a matter of getting personal with a few of us and we'll show you around Naija when you get here.
Re: White Girls And Fufu by Leilah(f): 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2007
I reckon coz it sorta resembles mashed potatoes thats probably why.
Re: White Girls And Fufu by amakao(f): 3:12am On Aug 03, 2007
:Di am an american but my parents are from nigeria, my father is from imo state and my mother is from bauchi state. i love fufu and my favorite soup is ocra soup i luv it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smiley
Re: White Girls And Fufu by labiran(m): 3:38am On Aug 03, 2007
american like fufu? wow! make i dey go and check dis one ooohhh, abeg.
Re: White Girls And Fufu by mellow(m): 12:58pm On Aug 03, 2007
Have you guys forgotten that fufu is from Cassava and Cassava

is from Brazil? Elementary Agricultural science. So there is no big

deal if they eat Fufu. We try as much as we can to eat theirs so why

are we bamboozled if they eat ours? I work in a Multinational Company

and we all sit down to enjoy the Local cuisine in Port Harcourt as they call

it. Everybody enjoys French, Chinese Cuisine so what the heck is wrong in a

little Nigerian Cuisine?
Re: White Girls And Fufu by kay9(m): 3:04pm On Aug 03, 2007
mmhhh!!! well, its not really suprising. i mean, i like spaghetti and french fries and hamburgers and, you know the works. so a white lady liking Nigerian dishes is not off the scale at all. But man, you gotta admit its a little on the funny side, grin grin grin grin , no be small tin
Re: White Girls And Fufu by westsidema(f): 9:57am On Aug 04, 2007
sure they do. is when they get used to it. at first it would be irriating to them but once they try it, they'll say is good though, Lmao

like my mom
Re: White Girls And Fufu by Busta(f): 2:50am On Aug 06, 2007
Well, I am in Canada too and u shld see ma white gurlfriends eating ogbono with rice. . digusting but she'll do anything for it anyday.

my bro's girlfriend is from England and this girl like fufu like no man business. . the only thing is that she eats it like mashed potatoes with BBQ sauce and she doesn't joke with it.

Also, I went to some lebanese wedding ceremony last month. The funniest thing that happened was that. . they were serving rice with big chunks of okro in it. . made me want to puke.

and a co-worker at work, she is from Albania. . she baked okra and brought to work for me to taste. I must confess, that tasted really good!! cheesy
Re: White Girls And Fufu by seun001(m): 8:34pm On Aug 10, 2007
c oyinbo dey turn our food into cuisines ehn.i hope dem no go get yam legs with all this loving.but me i dont really like it cos i got a tiny throat and it chokes me wen i try to swallow so i try to as little as i can manage.nice though.but i particularly like the way ibo/igbo cook their egusi with yellow garri,my personal best from the eastern part of the country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Ilorin Captain Cook Did To Me This Night.. / How Is Chicken Sauce Prepared? I Need Help Pls / Very Affordable Cake For Your Occasions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.