Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,220 members, 7,780,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:55 PM

I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise (36722 Views)

NAF DSSC Recruitment / N-power Batch C: Reason Why Applicants With Low Score Got Shortlisted / Names Of Shortlisted Candidates For NAF DSSC Interview Exercise 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by Sikpa04(m): 4:24pm On Nov 27, 2021
I hope you have all your credentials intact??
- Original Certificate
- Birth certificate
- Letter of Indigene (Letter obtained from Laision Office is not accepted)
- FLSC
- NYSC discharge Certificate
And other credentials you were asked to come with.

Also hope you're medically fit?
You will do series of test.
ECG, X-ray, BMI, blood, urine, eye and emm I'm trying to remember.... You will be checked for flat foot. smiley

You will undergo Endurance test. You will have to run 3.2km race. Make sure you make the first cage. E get why!!

Lastly, you will face the board. Some questions will be thrown to you and you will have to answer well (you don't have to be correct tho just be bold).

I'd advice you to do your best Bro. You don't have to know a godfather or know any senator to successfully get into the military (I'm speaking from experience). Just put in your best, and let grace speak for you.

Finally, I hope your morale is high??! grin

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 27, 2021
yenereal:

That means this is not the final list yet? Mr. OP you are still one step to being confirmed.
Kaduna screening is not the final.It is when his name is finally called upon after the educational screening, medical, kilometre races,and one on one interview with top officers and his name is call after those screening that he will be among the qualified applicants.There are politics during those processes.The same way godfatherism Plays a role in election.
However,during training,personnel will go and do a background check on his documents if they are genuine.
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 27, 2021
Germi9:

The God that started it for him will finish it
Na God write the exam for am? Don't be too religious in practical terms.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by Speedo17(m): 4:27pm On Nov 27, 2021
Practice the 3.2Km race max 15mins

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 27, 2021
OgwuEgo:
Stop with this nonsense of big god, that's why some of you limit your thinking and your blessings.
He will come back and tell his stories.Na here all of us dey.
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 27, 2021
Sikpa04:
I hope you have all your credentials intact??
- Original Certificate
- Birth certificate
- Letter of Indigene (Letter obtained from Laision Office is not accepted)
- FLSC
- NYSC discharge Certificate
And other credentials you were asked to come with.

Also hope you're medically fit?
You will do series of test.
ECG, X-ray, BMI, blood, urine, eye and emm I'm trying to remember.... You will be checked for flat foot. smiley

You will undergo Endurance test. You will have to run 3.2km race. Make sure you make the first cage. E get why!!

Lastly, you will face the board. Some questions will be thrown to you and you will have to answer well (you don't have to be correct tho just be bold).

I'd advice you to do your best Bro. You don't have to know a godfather or know any senator to successfully get into the military (I'm speaking from experience). Just put in your best, and let grace speak for you.

Finally, I hope your morale is high??! grin
Who signs his attestation form if a godfather is not involve?A certain level of civil servant is required to sign his attestation form.If the referees no get leg nothing for him.Na there you go see applicants dey make call when them disqualify them.The next day them do join the screening back.Me too don go there.
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2021
[quote author=Agbebakun22 post=108009335][/quote] less be honest please. In Nigeria 500000 monthly is something!! Lest be honest! Can you give the op more than that!

Ya'll just lie around and complain anyhow!
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by ShawnT(m): 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2021
You get it,answer any question you're asked with confidence,even if it's wrong cos nah confident officers we need in the military.
dfrost:

Respect for the rednecks is the beginning of wisdom in the military. cheesy
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by merits(m): 4:48pm On Nov 27, 2021
Emmyjb:
Congratulations but not everything you come to the net to get advice....Y not make research secretly and pray about it and allow God to lead you to success....
Abiooo leave him let him be broadcasting himselfself like lotto.only God and secrecy till the final shortlisted sure pass at this moment for him.
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by AngelicBeing: 5:01pm On Nov 27, 2021
Labadi69:

My advice to you is to go and buy Brighter Grammar and learn the difference between Advice and Advise before yamayama fall on that your bald head angry
You and yamayama, investment thread and food thread, you keep on saying yamayama, make the same yamayama knack your gorimakpa head shocked
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by jumper524(m): 5:03pm On Nov 27, 2021
tyup:
So yeah the long expected List finally came out and I got lucky on my first application and we were told to report at Kaduna sometime next year for screening exercise. But the big issue here is all my life I've been a lone hustler as I'm this Business minded guy who don't like been bossed or getting to excuse my comfort for work stress.

NAF application form came out and I gave it a trial and was graced up to be picked (I've always loved the Airforce tho). but the big issue right now is that, I've never known how interview experience is and that's just basically what I'll be going to meet and I hope I don't make mistakes.

My people, what do i expect as I go for this screening?? folks that have gone for military/paramilitary screening before what typa questions do I expect or what do i read ahead for the screening? Are we gonna be given exam to write?? really need every clue I can get

mynd44
lalasticlala
1forall
mukina2
my guy the journey just started.
If you want to be shortlisted you better start running really hard.
I mean jug at high speed morning and evening because that's the first and earliest criteria to drop you that is the son of nobody.
Secondly, go for medical checkup in a military hospital and test yourselves and fitness.
Thirdly be bold and confident during the final interview.
Don't worry, while doi g screening, you'll be conversant with interview questions.
Infact to face board interviews your surely on it.
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by Bnladan(m): 5:04pm On Nov 27, 2021
tyup:
So yeah the long expected List finally came out and I got lucky on my first application and we were told to report at Kaduna sometime next year for screening exercise. But the big issue here is all my life I've been a lone hustler as I'm this Business minded guy who don't like been bossed or getting to excuse my comfort for work stress.

NAF application form came out and I gave it a trial and was graced up to be picked (I've always loved the Airforce tho). but the big issue right now is that, I've never known how interview experience is and that's just basically what I'll be going to meet and I hope I don't make mistakes.

My people, what do i expect as I go for this screening?? folks that have gone for military/paramilitary screening before what typa questions do I expect or what do i read ahead for the screening? Are we gonna be given exam to write?? really need every clue I can get

mynd44
lalasticlala
1forall
mukina2
From experience,
1) screening of credentials
2) an exam - simple arithmetics
- English obj & an essay (mostly why do u want to join the NAF
- Current affairs
3) The almighty "medicals". I promise u this is the stage ur number will be reduced to 1/3. If u scale through u are 60% there
4) Facing the selection board. Prepare to answer basic questions on ur course of study and current affairs. Expect questions like who is the current COAS, ur state deputy governor etc. Wish u best of luck
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by azadus18: 5:05pm On Nov 27, 2021
The most important thing is the medical result...jst make sure ure medically fit.. They check everything ,neuro ,cardio ,ecg ,sight etc..they can be leinient with d some of d process,not medicals sha...mind you NAF has one d best medical facilities in d whole of West Africa ..No personnel will compromise medical result for you....wishing you Goodluck

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by Godons1: 5:07pm On Nov 27, 2021
Patrioticman007:

Moral should also be high, for Mother Nigeria needs her loyal children to protect her.
God bless Nigeria.

You are a patriotic Nigerian.

Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by offset67(m): 5:11pm On Nov 27, 2021
OgwuEgo:
Stop with this nonsense of big god, that's why some of you limit your thinking and your blessings.
who no go no go know
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by credon: 5:11pm On Nov 27, 2021
tyup:

mynd44
lalasticlala
1forall
mukina2
As you start your journey to sambisa forest and its environs, we wish success and safe return. Amen
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by Shellsploit: 5:28pm On Nov 27, 2021
AngelicBeing:
You and yamayama, investment thread and food thread, you keep on saying yamayama, make the same yamayama knack your gorimakpa head shocked

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by Labadi69: 5:30pm On Nov 27, 2021
AngelicBeing:

I can be found on okpo thread too where I keep advising young men to avoid okpos wey dey carry strong smelly yamayama disease for abuna wey dem wan dash useless boys to destroy their useless lives angry
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by lereinter(m): 5:32pm On Nov 27, 2021
No experience is lost you have story to say to your kids
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 27, 2021
DasaintHope:

@OP send me a pm, I will put you through the process, I've been there. By God's grace am a Naval Officer now.
You won scam the guy Abi?
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by Drella(m): 5:39pm On Nov 27, 2021
labisibrass:
1 Treat any infection right now
2 Be so particular about pile. Spread your yansh, bend and cough in front of a trusted friend. That's the exact way they check for it
3. Make sure there's no discrepancies in all your documents. If any correct them now. Emphasis on the date of birth on your bvn and the one on your birth certificate.
4. Start jogging every morning so that your body can adapt to it easily, that's if you've not been doing it before.
5. Groom yourself on basic mathematics, use of English and current affairs.
6. Drink enough water. Start today.
7. Go with cash ,you will need it, not to sort anybody but for yourself.
8. Some things might appear to you like a joke when you are there, pse take nothing for granted.Be very very serious about it .Your destiny is in your hand bro.
Ask any question, I'll reply you. I'm busy right now

Thanks for this.

My interest is NN DSSC.But what I'm scared of is, service is only for 12-15 years.After that, I'll have to Start thinking what next to do with my life,what other career I can go into.By then age won't be on my side again...
This thought is what is holding me!
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 27, 2021
Thanks2God:
Embargo on employment doesn't affect military/paramilitary agencies.
Embargo on employment is mostly for civil service Jobs

As I am typing, secret recruitment is going on.
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by AngelicBeing: 5:43pm On Nov 27, 2021
Shellsploit:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Don't mind the guy Jare, click on his moniker and see how he uses the word yamayama on different people on nairaland.com, supposing l can see him physically, na koboko laden with chilly pepper l for take sama his yamayama head grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by labisibrass(m): 5:46pm On Nov 27, 2021
Drella:

Thanks for this.

My interest is NN DSSC.But what I'm scared of is, service is only for 12-15 years.After that, I'll have to Start thinking what next to do with my life,what other career I can go into.By then age won't be on my side again...
Have you heard of conversion?
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by AngelicBeing: 5:47pm On Nov 27, 2021
Labadi69:

I can be found on okpo thread too where I keep advising young men to avoid okpos wey dey carry strong smelly yamayama disease for abuna wey dem wan dash useless boys to destroy their useless lives angry
Excellent but you can pass your messages without using the word yamayama on people who might be old enough to be your Father or mum, learn to choose your words respectfully online shocked
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by Funminded: 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2021
tyup:

I'll be expecting bro. thanks

So I am back.
Congratulations on passing the first stage. Now the interview stage is a rigorous one and is where most of the magomago happens but I trust God to grant you favour.
You will be required to face a board of very senior officers who will interview you on a set of random things including your profession. They may ask you questions on current affairs too. You will also undergo medical tests, part of which will be standing naked before a medical professional lol. You will participate in a long distance race and will be required to make a certain cage. This cage means run within a stipulated timing. If you don't get to a set mark within this timing, you shall be disqualified.
You may also be required to write an exam... its nothing difficult anyway. So no fear.
You have been required to bring some clothes. Let me advise you, if you can, carry more than the number of white Tshirts you were asked to bring. You will need them. Keep one properly ironed short and shirt for the day you will face the board. You won't be able to iron your cloth in Kaduna and you won't want to look shabby before the board... cut your hair low and also shave your beards if you have any...to military men, appearance is a top priority!
Finally, pray and pray and pray! Be nice to any and everyone at the camp. Some of them are not there for the exercise...they are intelligence officers who will pretend to be among you, just monitoring the entire process! Imagine if you're nice to someone like that...??

You can ask me specific questions if you have any and I shall be glad to answer them.

I wish you the very best!

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by Funminded: 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2021
Drella:

Thanks for this.

15 years is a long time for you not to take solid step for you life now. With all the money you will make while serving in the military, you can set up multiple businesses and you'd be very ok when you retire. Don't entertain fear! Go for it if you want to!

Best regards!

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by Zztt: 6:03pm On Nov 27, 2021
Really
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by joaniex: 6:28pm On Nov 27, 2021
Bayonet40:
Ok, I don't really know much about the NAF, only got some ideas about the NA because I have friends there.
You guys will be screened when you report, and the screening comprises of, credentials/documentation, physical checks which might include height, weight, eyes, theet, chest, body marks/tattoo, flat foot, 3.2 or 3.5km run etc. Medicals will also be conducted on you guys which includes, blood/HIV, hepatitis, suger, and many other medical tests. Written exams might be inclusive. Have it in mind that the moment you find yourself in that screening ground, you are a clown and will be used for any dirty stuff, they will kparuf you and make you look like a fool. Candidates will be screened out after every stage of the screening, just zero your mind and serve pakad job, names of successful candidates to proceed for the NAF training will be published after the screening. I believe this is the standard in NA and also in NAF and NN. Goodluck grin grin... You go serve job sha
Pardon my ignorance sir, you are saying if the blood tests comes back positive for hiv or hepatitis it's grounds to be screened out? Is that not discrimination? What if an officer becomes positive 4years into service, is he kicked out too?
Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by Labadi69: 6:32pm On Nov 27, 2021
AngelicBeing:
Excellent but you can pass your messages without using the word yamayama on people who might be old enough to be your Father or mum, learn to be choose your words respectfully online shocked

See this one. E be like say yamayama don already fall on your bald head. Come on gerrout of here now angry

Re: I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 27, 2021
The journey has just began.

You need to be prepared physically, mentally and spiritually.

Your vitals must be in shape. I mean your heart, liver and kidneys must be on point.
You must improve on fitness. Be ready for the 3.2km race. Your cardiovascular system must be spot on.
Your blood pressure must be very good. This has been known to disqualify lots of pple.
Refrain from hard drugs and alcohol.
If you smoke better stop.
You must not have pile.
Be conversant with your current affairs and general knowledge.
If you don't have a top gun in high places, gum GOD.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Exactly Is The Salary Of A Graduate At NNPC? / List Of Selected Candidates For The Nigerian Navy Basic Training School Batch 19 / Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.