Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (149141 Views)

For Sale.....luxury Block Of 4flats @ Ikota Villa Lekki Before Vgc(pictures) / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu / Luxury Block Of 6 Nos 3 Bedroom Flat "TO LET" @ IKEJA Gra,lagos with pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Pukkah: 6:25pm On Jun 13, 2011
brabus:

Usually, a rainy day mean a lost working day to building projects. Planning ahead will ensure that project construction is executed without unexpected costs or delays.

Well-planned projects cost less than projects that are implemented in a crisis situation, so get ready before the rain is forecasted and be prepared. Do the following:

1. Get timely collection of meteorological information!
2. Get adequate materials or supplies on site. It will do absolutely no good to merely have materials ordered when the rainstorm comes.

Although, there are times when you may need to shift goalpost. Anything is possible if you do it right!

Thanks Brabus! Happy building! You seem to enjoy what you're doing. Thumbs up!
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 4:19am On Jun 14, 2011
^^^ Thanks man.

Still arranging materials. Hope to start taking deliveries from this afternoon. B4 then, I'll be meeting with other builders in the neighbourhood to see how we can benefit from each other.

No man is an island. One site adjacent to mine is building three units of 3 bedroom duplex and they are already at decking stage. Lets see how I can benefit from them.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 9:18am On Jun 14, 2011
Off to site
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fidelo726: 2:34pm On Jun 14, 2011
brabus:

Thanks Seun and Lawyer (the moderator) for bringing this to the front page. I would like to use this opportunity to thank you for adding the "Like" button to threads and posts on Nairaland. I would also like to suggest that you look at the layout. We should be able to see bookmarked, related and new thread at a glance on any page. I suggest you reduce the size of the space for posts and do a 2 or 3-column page (facebook style) so that you can accomodate all this new features.
I'm a design consultant so I can tell when a design is boring. But all the same, I must thank you for the opportunity you afforded Nigerians.

Great job.

More update about the design and the client.

I'll also be spending the better part of my time today with on the site with my bricklayer and site engineer to see how we can convert an existing foundation on the site for our benefit. Later today, once I gain time, I'll send the site plan for discussion and deliberation.

carry go jare.
But why do you have to make use of the existing concrete and reinforcement.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2011
You can  have free consultation from me on NextHome Builder on all aspects and anything related to house construction.
Having designed, built and directly supervised more scores of houses, my knowledge and experience can be used by you to get a better house by design and professional work during construction

Write to me to personally and you will get reply within 48 hours.

OUR SERVICES

1. Architectural Services

We can design, supervise and build your dream houses by providing you effective and relative guidance for:

a) Preparation of Plan of the building
b) Elevations both 2D and 3D
c) Submission drawings to the local authority
d) Engineering Estimate specifying cost for each item of work
e) Structural Engineering drawings for execution of the work
f) Detailed architectural drawings for the work
g) Interior design
h) Landscape and exterior work details
i) Site visits as and when required for guidance and supervision

2. Real Estate Assistance

For purchase of land or building, we can provide you the following services:

a) Locating land or building for purchase with the assistance of our Real Estate division ( in and around Lagos, Ogun, Ibadan only).
b) Architectural, Structural and Legal evaluation of the property to be purchased
c) Verification of title documents of the property by legal experts
d) Documentation of the property purchase
e) Assistance for registration of the property and after registration formalities
f) Periodic maintenance of the property

3. Construction of the building

We can take up construction of the building with complete professional care and guidance anywhere(on case to case basis) subject to acceptance of terms and conditions of our construction division directly by using our trained work force, with complete supervision and guidance by our architects and engineers.

4. Interior design

We have a team of experienced and qualified Interior designers with complete man power and infrastructure to implement interior work with all the goodness of traditional NextHome Architecture and with modern technology and innovations.

5. Remodeling, Interior and furnishing of your existing building

Your existing old building can be made new(renovated) with remodeling, interior modifications and furnishings by our experts

6. Land scaping and other services

Our experts can convert your vacant space into more useful space and enhance its appearance and utility. Land around your house can be converted into more useful space with better appearance and aesthetic look.
Any other services related to your building also can be referred to us.

We have qualified experts with experience in building hundreds of houses in different parts of the country. Mail your enquiries to us.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by AmAlone: 9:21pm On Jun 14, 2011
Well Done Bros Sir,
I just dey with my jotter grin grin grin 3 pages gone already
and i neva see 1 thing write down grin grin grin
Again bros, I just wan ask!!!
Because me believe say as far as contruction is concern
even if na pure water person buy, so long as person buy
am for the sake of the project in question, e good to tell
us the cost. So that we the learners will have a clear picture
of what it cost. So not like when we venture into it, we will start
getting messages of some hidden charges!!!!
Bros Brabus, how far and how much you don spend so far
You said, the site was cleared and stuffs like that, sorry
is it that the bricklayers and carpenters help clear the site(cut the grasses) for
free so that they can be opportune to work with you? lol
Abeg give us all this hidden charges!!!
What is the cost of the Architectural drawing to start with? grin grin grin

I really won learn from you. Because so far I'm concern, I support you
100 and 1% you are so recommended by moi!!!! Anyday!!!!
but if i notice mago mago - bros, i don run o!!!!
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 5:14am On Jun 15, 2011
^^^ Thanks for your post and you are 101% right. As per yr request above, I'll need to get approval from my client.

@love-tosin, nairalanders want to see yr costs updated on this thread! Should I go ahead?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 5:56am On Jun 15, 2011
The following materials have been paid for and are been expected at the site from today,  I'll be taking deliveries from this morning.

30 ton Granite
20 ton Sharp sand
20 ton soft sand (Dagbolu)
1,000 litre GP tank
1,000 blocks
50 bags of cement
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 6:32am On Jun 15, 2011
Forgot to mention that my Nokia N97 mobile phone was stolen yesterday. So pic updates will be delayed till I gt a new phone or camera.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fidelo726: 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2011
brabus:

Forgot to mention that my Nokia N97 mobile phone was stolen yesterday. So pic updates will be delayed till I gt a new phone or camera.

eh yahhhhh!
its a pity.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 6:09pm On Jun 15, 2011
Today, the following materials itemized below are ready the site.

30 tons Granite
20 tons Sharp sand
30 tons Soft sand
Peg & Tie rods

The block and cement will be delivered as at when needed since the block maker's shop is just 3 minutes walk away from the site. We are now ready to break ground tomorrow.

@Fidelo726, thank you. Too bad and a pity for the thief, cos I've sent remote lock code to the phone. It is a useless toy now
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 6:32pm On Jun 15, 2011
brabus:

Sorry to hear that . . . . . .
Keep up the good work you doing here
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 1:15am On Jun 16, 2011
Urgent Request - Quotation needed for Boreholes.

Send mail to NextHome@live.com
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 1:49am On Jun 16, 2011
Well now, more than 70% of materials for the foundation stage are in. I anticipate that there will be a lot of progress over the next few days, as we are working overtime to ensure that we finish on schedule.
I obviously hope that the next few days will give you an appreciation for the attention to detail and build quality that we care about so much at NextHome Builder.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 3:33am On Jun 16, 2011
I cant wait to see things happening here and pix
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Pukkah: 1:23pm On Jun 16, 2011
brabus:

Sorry about that brabus.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by spyder880(m): 1:35pm On Jun 16, 2011
brabus:

Sorry bros, the good lord will replace it for you.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fidelo726: 4:22pm On Jun 16, 2011
brabus:

Well now, more than 70% of materials for the foundation stage are in. I anticipate that there will be a lot of progress over the next few days, as we are working overtime to ensure that we finish on schedule.
I obviously hope that the next few days will give you an appreciation for the attention to detail and build quality that we care about so much at NextHome Builder.

how does the overtime affect your initial cost estimate?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 5:55pm On Jun 16, 2011
Pic updates from the site

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 6:07pm On Jun 16, 2011
More

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by caseymoney(m): 6:38pm On Jun 16, 2011
Brabus, I dont like how the bedroom door is being exposed to the livingroom. A lobby would have been a better plan to the bedroom. Exposing the room doors to the livingroom looks more of an old design. That's just my view and critique of the plan you attached. Could you explain why the house is been designed that way?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 7:59pm On Jun 16, 2011
caseymoney:

Brabus, I dont like how the bedroom door is being exposed to the livingroom. A lobby would have been a better plan to the bedroom. Exposing the room doors to the livingroom looks more of an old design. That's just my view and critique of the plan you attached. Could you explain why the house is been designed that way?

Thanks , I'll make necessary adjustment by talking the guest bdrm door to the space where we have the guest bed toilet and the toilet in the space where you have the door. How about that? The guest bdrm door now face the staircase
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Olaisrich(m): 1:04am On Jun 17, 2011
nice thread! i'd been following it from page 1,but i don't buy into your idea of waiting for the delivery of materials to the site before comencing the foundation excavation. It can be partially accepted if you are rest assured that you can achieve the excavation and casting in a day,which i think is largely determined by the size of your labour force or their efficiency.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 11:09am On Jun 17, 2011
Live from the project site. Digging has commenced and much to our advantage, it drizzled over night and as a result the ground is wet and the weather is cool. 8 men are on site and we are hoping that we should be half way done by today, all things being equal.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2011
Nice to see progress . . . . keep it up
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fidelo726: 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2011
Nice job brabus.
Bravo to you
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 9:15pm On Jun 17, 2011
Today in pictures

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 9:21pm On Jun 17, 2011
more pics

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 9:37pm On Jun 17, 2011
and this

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by caseymoney(m): 1:35am On Jun 18, 2011
brabus:

Thanks , I'll make necessary adjustment by talking the guest bdrm door to the space where we have the guest bed toilet and the toilet in the space where you have the door. How about that? The guest bdrm door now face the staircase

That will be appropriate. I can see the project has begun. Good luck on your project.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 6:17am On Jun 18, 2011
@Olaisrich, thanks for yr message. I understand yr point and I know we wont be through with digging in 1 day but Id earlier mentioned there are times we will have to shift the goalpost in order to deal with oddities.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2011
I am loving this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (56) (Reply)

Call Us For Ur Granite(directly From The Quarry),sharpsand & Sandfilling / You Won't Believe The Babe I Saw In A Face Me I Face You House : / Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.