Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) - Properties (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (149156 Views)

For Sale.....luxury Block Of 4flats @ Ikota Villa Lekki Before Vgc(pictures) / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu / Luxury Block Of 6 Nos 3 Bedroom Flat "TO LET" @ IKEJA Gra,lagos with pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 8:35pm On Feb 19, 2012
^^^Beachland Estate, Arepo
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 10:20pm On Feb 27, 2012
Arepo Luxury Block of flats - UPDATE

Well, it has been some weeks since my last update on this thread, but that does not mean that the project has been stagnant.  In fact, just the opposite has been true!  The past few weeks has seen has seen the largest workforce and the most activities on the site since construction began 7 months ago. We are still on track for a mid 2012 completion date. 

The biggest visible progress has been primarily in two categories:

1.  Block setting to lintel on the ground floor. At this point, we have completed about 75% of this stage! It is estimated that within 3 days we should have this stage completed.  Check out some pictures in the pic update.

2.  Internal partitions. The inside of the building is now partitioned. Now, we can now walk the building and see where all the rooms will be.

What’s next? Next up for our construction project will be the casting of the beam/pillars and columns. The iron bender and the carpenter are already warming up for this stage. Tmrw, the plumber will be installing the rough-in plumbing pipes. Beside, preparations for the first floor slab (decking) is ongoing.

Pic updates to follow soon.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 28, 2012
[size=16pt]LSDPC RENOVATION UPDATE
[/size]

[size=14pt]ATTENTION BRABUS AND OTHER NAIRALANDERS[/size]

[flash=550,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq7reIR3zUY?version=3" type="[/flash]
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by egin(m): 1:24pm On Feb 28, 2012
This guy Brabus is a typical Nigerian businessman. He is a criminal. Legal proceedings should be commenced immediately.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by diordaves(m): 2:12pm On Feb 28, 2012
Brabus/Nexthomes, can you please confirm the authenticity or otherwise of the posted phone conversation.

Ahonohai, its so sad that you need to go through this. My take on this, pending Brabus's reaction, is for you to exploit ways to cut and limit your loses. From earlier missive from Brabus, we came about the knowledge that Brabus bought some items which were not to specification and subsequently rejected, and that he (Brabus) is having trouble getting a refund from the sellers, hence his inability to pay you. Ahonohai, is that still the situation?

Now Brabus, is this still the situation? Have you returned items to sellers and still waiting for refund? If yes, did you inform your client (Ahonohai) of the current state of play? If you have not returned the items, where are they? Were the items rejected by the sellers? If yes, did you inform your client of your effort to get a refund? What have you done parallel to the refund saga to whole or part pay your client? Did you inform your client of any personal or contractual issues working against any sincere(?) wish to pay him. If you are having issues, did you plead for a payment arrangement (instalmental) with your client? "Switching off" and thinking this issue will go away seems a wishful thinking short of burying your head in the sand because your client is really set on getting back his money.Who will blame him. Its strictly business.

Ahonohai, am asking this so much question just to establish if those items have been returned or still somewhere. Can you take possession, do a fire sale on them and cut your loses?. If the rejected items have been returned, refund collected and no payment was made to you, it appears you may struggle some time more to get your money. Its about half a year now.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Analytical(m): 3:32pm On Feb 28, 2012
Not again!  I am confused.  I can't see/hear the attached.  Someone please tell me we are still not on this saga 
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 01, 2012
@diordaves

I don't know what items in particular you are referring to but the situation is as was stated in the telephone conversation. I just want my money back.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by dasparrow: 3:32am On Mar 01, 2012
ahonohai:

[size=16pt]LSDPC RENOVATION UPDATE
[/size]

[size=14pt]ATTENTION BRABUS AND OTHER NAIRALANDERS[/size]

[flash=550,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq7reIR3zUY?version=3" type="[/flash]

Na wa o! Hope you get your money back
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by lovetosin: 11:07pm On Mar 06, 2012
For the benefit of those who love pictures and can learn one or two things from it eg phemmy,spyder,diodavies,vito etc,You can feed your eyes, the pictures are selected in order of days of activities on site.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by lovetosin: 11:13pm On Mar 06, 2012
grin[b] more pictures to feed our eyes on[/b]

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by lovetosin: 11:19pm On Mar 06, 2012
grin and finally.also lintel,column and beam casting is about to commence and then followed by topping of the lintel.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by lovetosin: 11:24pm On Mar 06, 2012
more pics.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Ferya(f): 8:52pm On Mar 07, 2012
Nice work Oga Babus. Keep it up! grin
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by diordaves(m): 10:01pm On Mar 07, 2012
Nice one! Well done, but it appears this post and effort involved are dead. Or am I wrong?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by lovetosin: 11:28pm On Mar 07, 2012
Nice one! Well done, but it appears this post and effort involved are dead. Or am I wrong?

lol you are wrong buddy, contruction is still on going and nexthome cant post like he does before cuz of busy time.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by pamboogie(f): 12:36pm On Mar 08, 2012
I've noticed a trend here. Nexthome/Brabus posts as usual, Ahonohai comes to ask for his money as he rightly should, Brabus/Nexthome goes quiet, LoveTosin posts (words/pictures) to hype Brabus/NextHome, days of inactivity and then Brabus/NextHome is back to regular posting. This is rather unfortunate giving the fact that Brabus/Nexthome actually owes Ahonohai for money for items he was supposed to purchase and services he was supposed to render.
@lovetosin If you say you are happy with the way Nexthome/Brabus is handling your building, then good for you. This doesn't change the fact that he is owing a customer and should pay up AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
@Brabus/Nexthome You either do not have the money to refund your customer and are trying desperately to be coy or you are simply refusing to pay. You claim to be doing all these jobs and making progress, are you doing them for free? Are you not getting paid for them? Why will you not return the money to the owner? Are you hoping he forgets about it and moves on? If that is what you hope to happen, you are better off going to apologize to him because THIS WILL NOT GO AWAY. This is life and it comes back to bite you in the ass when you least expect it. You have portrayed yourself as being very dubious regardless of how many positive testimonies "lovetosin" brings here. Settle your customer and sleep better at night.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by lovetosin: 1:41am On Mar 09, 2012
[b]I've noticed a trend here. Nexthome/Brabus posts as usual, Ahonohai comes to ask for his money as he rightly should, Brabus/Nexthome goes quiet, LoveTosin posts (words/pictures) to hype Brabus/NextHome, days of inactivity and then Brabus/NextHome is back to regular posting. This is rather unfortunate giving the fact that Brabus/Nexthome actually owes Ahonohai for money for items he was supposed to purchase and services he was supposed to render.
@lovetosin If you say you are happy with the way Nexthome/Brabus is handling your building, then good for you. This doesn't change the fact that he is owing a customer and should pay up AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
@Brabus/Nexthome You either do not have the money to refund your customer and are trying desperately to be coy or you are simply refusing to pay. You claim to be doing all these jobs and making progress, are you doing them for free? Are you not getting paid for them? Why will you not return the money to the owner? Are you hoping he forgets about it and moves on? If that is what you hope to happen, you are better off going to apologize to him because THIS WILL NOT GO AWAY. This is life and it comes back to bite you in the Bottom when you least expect it. You have portrayed yourself as being very dubious regardless of how many positive testimonies "lovetosin" brings here. Settle your customer and sleep better at night.
[/b]

hype, notice a trend, etc you gotta be kidding me,please pamboogie,i dont know you and i dont care to,if you are ahononai spokesperson or the girl,please do not use my name or my person as a point of reference,whatever happen btw ahononai and brabus i have no control over as am not a witness to their transactions, i am a client just like your man-i guess.No where did i say who owes who, should not pay- maybe you need to go back and refreshen your memory. So please stop making implying and inflamatory statements.The thread was originally opened for me, so i could monitor my own project updates, learn one or two things,and post whenever i can, before all this other extra reno works hijacked the thread.Concerning refund, Its so funny because,you are in Lasgidi with brabus and am thousands of miles away,you are in a better position than me to supervise and manage him and get your refund,i dont know why you should be on my own case.
If i were you and so serious about getting a refund,instead of running to a faceless computer to only air my grievances,you guys know the rule,i would have commence a legal and criminal proceedings as suggested by a forumite for been 419-ed.I tell you what,noboby on this forum would help pay you,they can only talk or mediate,so the onus is on you to take your best option.Anyway whichever option you take,i can only wish you goodluck, FYI--dont take my advice headon,its only meant as an option and a guide after exhauting your options smiley >

1 Like

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Ferya(f): 10:33pm On Mar 09, 2012
@love tosin
Any update oh! We need pictures! cheesy
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by lovetosin: 11:49pm On Mar 09, 2012
@ ferya:more updates and pictures to follow soon as am in transit right now.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Ferya(f): 9:52am On Mar 10, 2012
@ ferya:more updates and pictures to follow soon as am in transit right now.
OK! Waiting oh! grin
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 12:57pm On Mar 11, 2012
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 1:01pm On Mar 11, 2012

1 Like

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 1:13am On Mar 17, 2012
Arepo Luxury Block of flat: Pic Updates

1. Block setting
2. First floor slab (Carpentary Work)

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 1:21am On Mar 17, 2012
Pic Update: Carpentary Work in progress

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 1:25am On Mar 17, 2012
Pic Update:

1. Dining: A view from the top
2. Dining Arc

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 1:53am On Mar 17, 2012
Thread Update:

This thread is meant as a way for us to share our experience (both positive and negative) on house construction projects. It is also meant to educate those looking into hiring a home builder or contractor on what to look for before signing the contract. The thread is also open for suppliers, artisans and other building professionals to provide up-to-date information on building materials, supplies, equipment and services.

Follow us as we share an extensive account of our house building experiences with you in a meaningful way.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by bugmenot: 6:49pm On Mar 18, 2012

Brabus, great job you are doing. keep it up, my brother.

One question - do you think a block of 4 3-bedroom flats will fit onto a single plot of land? Is there likely to be any space left, and how much? Awaiting your response.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Need2Drive(m): 11:19pm On Mar 20, 2012
Brabus,
Kindly give me the cost of the wardrobe and kitchen cabinet used in the LSDPC renovation. Where can I also purchase them.
I would also like you to sort your issue with Ahonohai and let all men have peace in whatever form they manage to get it.
Ahonohai, you have tried your best I must say. I learnt so much from your patience and the frustration you went through.

1 Like

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 3:49am On Mar 22, 2012
Quoting Bugmenot

Brabus, great job you are doing. keep it up, my brother.

One question - do you think a block of 4 3-bedroom flats will fit onto a single plot of land? Is there likely to be any space left, and how much? Awaiting your response.

My Response
----------------------

Honestly Bro, a standard block of 4 units of 3-bedroom flat cannot fit into a plot of land and still provide dedicated parking. It’s simply greedy home owners / developers without any fore-site does this and that has caused some parts of Lagos to become one big car park.

With increased car ownership especially in Nigeria, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find convenient parking in residential blocks. It is not uncommon for some tenant to own multiple vehicles, which in turn puts strain on the allocated space and poses significant parking problems, particularly in the evenings and at weekends.

It’s all about maximising the number of houses/flats to fit in the space to maximise the profits for the developer/owner.

Our project (1 unit of 4 bed semi-detached duplex and 2 units of 3 bed flats) is located in an area where there are houses with large drives, very wide roads and dedicated extra parking areas. We can conveniently fit 6 cars on the driveway (which will be provided with car markings for each flat) and further 3 on the on-street parking space using the kerb area opposite the fence.

As for the build cost, you might need to discuss further the must-haves and nice-to-have features of the proposed development. Besides, the finishing - will it be top-of-the-range, mid-range or standard finish? The location and the size of the project is equally important to determine the cost.

____
Just saw the 'Quote Post' link, I'll use it next time.

Pic 1: On-Street Parking for visitors

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 4:32am On Mar 22, 2012
Need2Drive: Brabus,
Kindly give me the cost of the wardrobe and kitchen cabinet used in the LSDPC renovation. Where can I also purchase them.
I would also like you to sort your issue with Ahonohai and let all men have peace in whatever form they manage to get it.
Ahonohai, you have tried your best I must say. I learnt so much from your patience and the frustration you went through.
_

Thanks for your advice. I do appreciate it and promised to oblige.

The wardrobe and the kitchen cabinet in the Reno Project are locally made and they have a quoted price of N80k for the wardrobes and N70k for the kitchen cabinet. However, you can hit us with a price range and the design of what you're looking for and that may be more helpful.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Need2Drive(m): 8:02pm On Mar 22, 2012
brabus:
_

Thanks for your advice. I do appreciate it and promised to oblige.

The wardrobe and the kitchen cabinet in the Reno Project are locally made and they have a quoted price of N80k for the wardrobes and N70k for the kitchen cabinet. However, you can hit us with a price range and the design of what you're looking for and that may be more helpful.

Aight. Should call you on the wardrobe by April (2nd week).
For 80k, what are the dimensions... same one in d LSDPC Reno
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 12:31pm On Mar 23, 2012
We have a wide spectrum of Luxury Wardrobe and Kitchen units that are crafted using high quality materials. These furnitures are available in various designs, patterns, shapes and sizes. Moreover, our clients can avail these furnitures in standard as well as customized specifications.

If we have a detailed specification of what you need, we will give you our best price. 

Pic 1: Finishes are available in different colours.
Pic 2: Wood Chart
Pic 3: Men-at-work
Pic 4: Men-at-work

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (Reply)

Call Us For Ur Granite(directly From The Quarry),sharpsand & Sandfilling / You Won't Believe The Babe I Saw In A Face Me I Face You House : / Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.