Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Can Charging Your Phone Too Much Spoil The Battery..!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can Charging Your Phone Too Much Spoil The Battery..!! (1686 Views)

Huawei Launches New Foldable 5G Phone Too To Rival Samsung Goes For $2,600 / You've Been Charging Your Phone Wrong, See This / Things You Should Never Do While Charging Your Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Charging Your Phone Too Much Spoil The Battery..!! by MONEY247: 5:37pm On Nov 27, 2021
So I bought my phone march..and recently the battery is misbehaving, like when I charge it for long it would go off quickly...
Sometimes I charge it it would be slow but if I remove the battery and re-insert the percentage would increase..

What is the solution

1 Like

Re: Can Charging Your Phone Too Much Spoil The Battery..!! by shawante(m): 5:41pm On Nov 27, 2021
Buy a new battery..

2 Likes

Re: Can Charging Your Phone Too Much Spoil The Battery..!! by olus01(m): 5:43pm On Nov 27, 2021
too much of everything will cause you alot
Re: Can Charging Your Phone Too Much Spoil The Battery..!! by Jazzman01: 6:31pm On Nov 27, 2021
MONEY247:
So I bought my phone march..and recently the battery is misbehaving, like when I charge it for long it would go off quickly...
Sometimes I charge it it would be slow but if I remove the battery and re-insert the percentage would increase..

What is the solution

Your battery is bad. Get a new one.
To make your new battery last, always allow it to drain properly before recharging it. At least to about 30%.
Re: Can Charging Your Phone Too Much Spoil The Battery..!! by AlhajiNatty(m): 7:21pm On Nov 27, 2021
The battery is faulty. Check its voltage or change the battery completely.
And this time, ensure you resist the temptation to use a battery before charging it. Fully charge the new battery before use.
Over charging a battery could also reduce its lifespan. Also, reduce using your phone when the battery level is almost drained.
Anyway, OP, just change the battery first. But if the problem is still not solved then check the Mobile Phone PCB current consumption. It might be a short circuit .
Re: Can Charging Your Phone Too Much Spoil The Battery..!! by tafat: 8:14pm On Nov 27, 2021
Too much of everything is bad, that's why it's advisable to run your battery down first before charging it. Good thing is that unlike before many smartphones like the phantom x have features that makes the phone stops charging once it's full. I even believe some accessories like the Oraimo Freepod 3 should have that feature too.

Re: Can Charging Your Phone Too Much Spoil The Battery..!! by Afamsi: 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2021
Anytime your phone writes full charge, unplug from power supply. Otherwise you are reducing the battery life.
Re: Can Charging Your Phone Too Much Spoil The Battery..!! by Auskyd(m): 9:40pm On Nov 27, 2021
OP, Na only tecno, Infinix and itel need all these advice dem dey give you.

You can plug a flagship phone forever and nothing will happen to the battery. You don't have to charge a good battery to The the first time you buy it. Na useless low grade batteries be that.

Again, avoid phones that use removable battery.

Come and buy this pixel 4a from me for 130k.

5 Likes

Re: Can Charging Your Phone Too Much Spoil The Battery..!! by dan9ice(m): 11:03pm On Nov 27, 2021
I can't remember the last time I charge my battery to 100 percent
Once it's 99 or 98 I done unplug

Most people are saying, you should allow your phone battery to drain before you charge,i laugh is yoruba.. For this our epileptic power supply.. Most people don't even have power bank
Re: Can Charging Your Phone Too Much Spoil The Battery..!! by Bifakacproducts: 12:42am On Nov 28, 2021
Auskyd:

You can plug a flagship phone forever and nothing will happen to the battery. You don't have to charge a good battery to The the first time you buy it. Na useless low grade batteries be that.

can we chat on WhatsApp if the pixel 4a is still available.
Re: Can Charging Your Phone Too Much Spoil The Battery..!! by Auskyd(m): 8:24am On Nov 28, 2021
Bifakacproducts:
can we chat on WhatsApp if the pixel 4a is still available.

Yes it is.

Text me let's talk business.
Re: Can Charging Your Phone Too Much Spoil The Battery..!! by Freelancerx: 4:40pm On Nov 30, 2021
some latest phones now stop themselves from charging once it gets to 100
Afamsi:
Anytime your phone writes full charge, unplug from power supply. Otherwise you are reducing the battery life.
Re: Can Charging Your Phone Too Much Spoil The Battery..!! by Mohbola(f): 7:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
Y'all should upgrade, I have seen Infinix stop charging at 100 even with the phone plugged
Re: Can Charging Your Phone Too Much Spoil The Battery..!! by Breastfeed: 8:56pm On Nov 30, 2021
Sure it can, too much of everything is bad.
Re: Can Charging Your Phone Too Much Spoil The Battery..!! by Afamsi: 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2021
Freelancerx:
some latest phones now stop themselves from charging once it gets to 100
That's good
Re: Can Charging Your Phone Too Much Spoil The Battery..!! by Breastfeed: 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2021
Lies, every phone has its issues, not only TECNO Infinix and itel
Auskyd:

Re: Can Charging Your Phone Too Much Spoil The Battery..!! by Auskyd(m): 5:50pm On Dec 09, 2021
Breastfeed:
Lies, every phone has its issues, not only TECNO Infinix and itel

Come take my glasses, because I'm struggling to see where I said any phone is perfect.

It's like you no dey see well lmao. We were talking about batteries. Flagships these days are very good with batteries.

Nobody dey follow you drag perfect phone with Infinix and co. Go front make we see road abegg
Re: Can Charging Your Phone Too Much Spoil The Battery..!! by Freelancerx: 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2021
Very good, Most phone should do this too.
Afamsi:
That's good

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 15 Design To Feature Titanium Case, May Have Iphone 5C- Style. / Happy Valentine Blackberry Themes For Free Download / Computer Village Street Boys Are Rogues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.