Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,101 members, 7,807,307 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? (739 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Celebrates Wedding Anniversary Of His Children / Why Does GOD Allow tragic death? / Why Does God Allow His Believers To Be Exposed To Painful Things? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:45am On Nov 28, 2021
Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times?

It because, it's whom the Father loves that He'd chastise.

Hebrews 12:6 (KJV)

For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

That the way God loves His own, but this kind of loving those of the world cannot comprehend. Hence when God chastens His own because of His love, they're quick to find fault and to condemn.

But that is very understandable, because the ways of God who is a Spirit are not as those of men who are flesh, hence those of this world who are of the flesh, are not able to comprehend the things of the Spirit and of the kingdom of God.

So when God was loving His Son Jesus and allowed Him to go through all the sufferings and death in the hands of men, those of this world thought that God had abandoned His only begotten Son who He called His beloved in whom He was well pleased.

But after Jesus had gone through all the suffering and resurrected from the dead, Jesus said, "all power in heaven and on Earth", even that which He didn't have prior to that, had been given to Him.

Moreover, today, Jesus is the greatest and most influential man that ever lived in the history of the world. No one else comes close.

The instances of Christianity, Christmas, the Bible, the Gregorian Calender which happen to the biggest religion, festival, and most published book and widely used calender on Earth, respectively, being all associated with Christ allude to this fact.

But all that would have never happened had God not proven His love for Jesus, by making Him go through the suffering and death He needed to go through in the hands of men to become that.

That's why a good God allows His children go through some bad times.

He does it for love because He really cares about His children and wants them to be the best they could possibly be.

God bless
Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:46am On Nov 28, 2021
I recently shared a thread about the suffering God made me go through for my own good because of the love He had for me, after I took a break from Nairaland last year.

https://www.nairaland.com/6860006/what-god-did-me-after

But those of this world and some so-called Christians here couldn't comprehend it were condemning and mocking as usual, as they wondered why God would make someone He loves to go through that. But what they couldn't understand is that the carnal mind cannot comprehend the things of the Spirit, because i haven't even gone through half of what God made Jesus who He called His beloved, went through in the hands of men.

I don't completely blame them for acting so ignorantly, because I also used to be in their shoes, when I truly repented and began to walk with God, because my idea of love was that flawed version of the world, hence when God began to express His own kind of love for me, I was wondering what was going on, if I had done something wrong, because my orientation at the time, was that such was only warranted when someone had done something wrong.

Hence i went on my knee and earnestly asked God "why did you let me go through this?" "Why Lord"? I really wanted to know where I had erred.

But God was silent, and didn't answer me, but when I began to see the results of the difficult process God made me go through for my own good as they began to manifest, I was totally in awe and stunned!

That's when i came to learn of and fell in love with God's kind of loving, because even when i didn't know what was good for me and what I needed to go through for my own good, and couldn't even understand why God would allow me go through such a difficult moment, God's love was there for me.

I couldn't be grateful enough, hence in expression of my gratitude for His kind of loving which transformed my life, I keep praying every single day that whenever He deemed it necessary, He should take me through any similar process, because I know He is doing it for my own good, and that at the end I would be grateful to Him just as I was then, because I would be able to see the result of the process.

God love is by far the best thing that has ever happened to me.

God bless.
Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:46am On Nov 28, 2021
Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by thesicilian: 7:51am On Nov 28, 2021
I guess it's the same reason a good teacher will make his students to go through difficult exams. God is Good.

1 Like

Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by Hateandthunder: 7:52am On Nov 28, 2021
Nonsense, does he care about children who were born with incurable diseases and deformities or the ones in warzones who end up dying prematurely?.. I wonder if you people even think before you believe trash like this

4 Likes

Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 28, 2021
Delusion!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by ojun50(m): 7:54am On Nov 28, 2021
thesicilian:
I guess it's the same reason a good teacher will make his students to go through difficult exams. God is Good.
Motor
Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by hakeem4(m): 8:01am On Nov 28, 2021
One thing I notice about god is that he does not have the interest of his children at heart. The only thing he cares about is what you do with your private part and what type of sex position you choose, and who you have sex with.

Instead of him to end world Hunger, he is more interested in punishing homosexuals

2 Likes

Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by doggedfighter(f): 8:07am On Nov 28, 2021
He's either incapacitated or non-existent.

cool

1 Like

Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by Truvelisback(m): 8:17am On Nov 28, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

That the way God loves His own, but this kind of loving those of the world cannot comprehend. Hence when God chastens His own because of His love, they're quick to find fault and to condemn.

But that is very understandable, because the ways of God who is a Spirit are not as those of men who are flesh, hence those of this world who are of the flesh, are not able to comprehend the things of the Spirit and of the kingdom of God.

So when God was loving His Son Jesus and allowed Him to go through all the sufferings and death in the hands of men, those of this world thought that God had abandoned His only begotten Son who He called His beloved in whom He was well pleased.

But after Jesus had gone through all the suffering and resurrected from the dead, Jesus said, "all power in heaven and on Earth", even that which He didn't have prior to that, had been given to Him.

Moreover, today, Jesus is the greatest and most influential man that ever lived in the history of the world. No one else comes close.

The instances of Christianity, Christmas, the Bible, the Gregorian Calender which happen to the biggest religion, festival, and most published book and widely used calender on Earth, respectively, being all associated with Christ allude to this fact.

But all that would have never happened had God not proven His love for Jesus, by making Him go through the suffering and death He needed to go through in the hands of men to become that.

He does it for love because He really cares about His children and wants them to be the best they could possibly be.

God bless
It wouldn't have been so. Adam and Eve caused it that's why we are still suffering it.
Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by hopefulLandlord: 8:25am On Nov 28, 2021
interesting
Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by Myer(m): 8:27am On Nov 28, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

God bless

Anyone can have a narrative they choose to believe.
If an unbeliever goes through bad times, we call it punishment.
But when a believer goes through same bad times, we call it test/chastising.

I can assure you that according to the bible both believer and unbeliever alike will go through good and bad times. Jesus himself said that. C'est la vie.
God told Moses one thing even when he prayed to God to distinguish the Israelites from the rest of the world. He replied "I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."
Meaning his compassion is regardless of your religion, faith or creed.

God even gave victory to a pagan nation just because the King did the unthinkable. He sacrificed his own son so that God will have compassion on his people.
Guess what happened? A battle that Elijah had prophesied that Israel will win and which they were truly winning suddenly went completely south as soon as the king sacrificed his son. 2 Kings 3

Good things and bad things happen to everyone.
Regardless of whether you believe God is all loving and all good.

Even your most revered pastor/priest/reverend/prophet is probably going through his bad season presently.

1 Like

Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by kingxsamz(m): 8:29am On Nov 28, 2021
Omo, this thing doesn't make any sense. No matter how you look at it.
What kind of a good god watches children get raped, killed, trafficked, kidnapped and abused but does nothing? You people claim your god is everywhere and watches everyone, if that is true, then this your god has watched every rape, murder, kidnap and abuse carried out against children. We're blaming Buhari for not being able to fish out bandits and terrorists, even though we have people who claim to have access to them, but when it comes to your god, you people make excuses. No good father will watch his child get killed and then accept the forgiveness of the person that killed his child, and still reward his child's killer for asking for forgiveness. Funny enough, if that child that was killed didn't repent before dying, that child will still end up in hell. Religion is illogical and barbaric.
Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:35am On Nov 28, 2021
Truvelisback:
It wouldn't have been so. Adam and Eve caused it that's why we are still suffering it.
You're right, that was where everything turned upside down, but God still finds a way to save what's left of that.

God bless.
Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by kingxsamz(m): 8:35am On Nov 28, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

God love is by far the best thing that has ever happened to me.

God bless.

Except for the millions of Jews that were killed. Except for the millions of children that have died because of Malaria. Except for the miilons of kids that have died from Cancer. Except for the miilons of unfortunate folks that have died from hunger and starvation. Except for the millions of kids that'll still die in the coming years. You're just one out of millions. Your god is very poor at his job.
Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by Truvelisback(m): 8:40am On Nov 28, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
You're right, that was where everything turned upside down, but God still finds a way to save what's left of that.

God bless.
Yes, What many failed to understand is that the death of Christ didn't change everything, it only changed some vital things.
Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by DropsMic(m): 8:52am On Nov 28, 2021
Okay

Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by OtemAtum: 9:42am On Nov 28, 2021
Humanlike gods like Jehovah, Allah, Moloch, etc are the reasons why questions like this are asked. They claimed that they are good and holy 100% only to find out that they are more evil than good. However God Almighty being the Totality of Existence is the whole of everything, so we can't feel bad about it because both good, bad, love, hatred, pride, meekness, gentleness, heat, enjoyment, etc are parts of what make up EXISTENCE(God) and there is no promise by the Totality of Existence (God Almighty) that evil won't happen to us. So we should expect both good, evil, partiality, impartiality, everything and everything in as much as we are in existence.
Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by OtemAtum: 9:44am On Nov 28, 2021
Truvelisback:
Yes, What many failed to understand is that the death of Christ didn't change everything, it only changed some vital things.
The death of a fictitious character like Christ has nothing to do with reality. Same way the unveiling of a fictitious Holy Spirit has no impact in the lives of humans.
Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by Buliwyf: 9:48am On Nov 28, 2021
hakeem4:
One thing I notice about god is that he does not have the interest of his children at heart. The only thing he cares about is what you do with your private part and what type of sex position you choose, and who you have sex with.

Instead of him to end world Hunger, he is more interested in punishing homosexuals
Lol.
Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by hakeem4(m): 10:05am On Nov 28, 2021
kingxsamz:
What kind of a good god watches children get raped, killed, trafficked, kidnapped and abused but does nothing? You people claim your god is everywhere and watches everyone, if that is true, then this your god has watched every rape, murder, kidnap and abuse carried out against children. We're blaming Buhari for not being able to fish out bandits and terrorists, even though we have people who claim to have access to them, but when it comes to your god, you people make excuses. No good father will watch his child get killed and then accept the forgiveness of the person that killed his child, and still reward his child's killer for asking for forgiveness. Funny enough, if that child that was killed didn't repent before dying, that child will still end up in hell. Religion is illogical and barbaric.
He works in a mysterious way my brother
Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by Divoc19(f): 10:22am On Nov 28, 2021
We all have trying times even Christ.

1 Like

Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by donjazet(m): 12:04pm On Nov 28, 2021
The God delusion. There is no God!!
We Africans need to wake up and stop being ignorant. This is the 21st century.

God, abeg make Chelsea wallop man-u for Stamford bridge. At least 6-0.
Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by Pfizzzy(m): 3:37pm On Nov 28, 2021
God doesn't allow you to go through bad times.
You know His words, do and act by them and you will see the benefits.
There are principles in life. I love atheists because they are logical, real, and know facts, the fallacy about them is they don't believe there's God. I can't judge anyone or condemn anyone... There are several religions and each worships a being they feel is Supreme, you can't say they are deceiving themselves or question why they are not Christians.
I'm a worshipper of God, have met with Him, called upon Him. I feel am immortal sometimes.
Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by Pfizzzy(m): 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2021
donjazet:
The God delusion. There is no God!!
We Africans need to wake up and stop being ignorant. This is the 21st century.

God, abeg make Chelsea wallop man-u for Stamford bridge. At least 6-0.

calm down, wetin dey worray you... as you nor believe in God, anybody fight you?
Whatever made you have this impression I don't care to know but nor dey call people ignorant.
Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by Pfizzzy(m): 3:40pm On Nov 28, 2021
kingxsamz:
What are you saying now?
Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:22am On Dec 05, 2021
Divoc19:
We all have trying times even Christ.
True...
Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by MightySparrow: 10:30am On Dec 05, 2021
Training

1 Like

Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by SimplePlan34: 1:48pm On Dec 05, 2021
Simple he his benevolent to those he likes
Re: Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:39am On Dec 19, 2021
MightySparrow:
Training
Agreed!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I'm Taking A Break From Nairaland & Other Socials. God Bless. / Satan And The Demons Didn't Create Anything. / When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.