Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Konga: My Biggest Mistake Of 2021 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga: My Biggest Mistake Of 2021 (498 Views)

Forbes Drops Folorunso Alakija Out Of 2021 Billionaires List / Dangote: My Refinery Will Be Completed By The End Of 2021 / Kinnevik’s Investment In Konga Further Deteriorated In Nine Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Konga: My Biggest Mistake Of 2021 by ShopNextDoor: 1:06pm On Nov 28, 2021
Honestly, choosing to buy a TV from Konga online store is the biggest mistake I made this year

Earlier this year in February, whilst planning for my wedding in March, I and my fiancee decided to buy a brand new 50 inch Samsung Smart TV to replace my old 32 inch Samsung LED TV. It would be the perfect wedding present to ourselves, or so I thought.

I searched Konga online store and quickly found the smart TV that most suited our needs and budget : Samsung TU8000 50 inch Crystal UHD 4k Smart TV 2020. There are different sellers and vendors on the Konga website but the fact that this TV was being sold by Konga warehouse itself bouyed my confidence.

To cut a long story short, I bought the TV from Konga in February, got married in March, enjoyed watching the TV for 3 months tops, before all of a sudden, a white line appeared at the bottom of the screen. Before I could say "yakata" the screen would not even come on when the TV is turned on.

I promptly called Konga customer care service as the TV set came with a 24 month warranty. Konga promptly apologized and directed me on how and where to drop off the TV for resolution. I was assured all will be resolved within 5-15 working days. I did as instructed and waited.

A month flew by, and no word or communication from Nigeria's #1 online shopping mall for everything you need sad .
I emailed them and, once again, they promptly apologized. More weeks came and went. Nothing. I called their number, and like clockwork, they promptly apologized. At this point, I started to realise that all Konga seems to be good at is apologising for their failures and wickedness.

During all my years shopping online, from Jumia mostly, I have experienced my fair share of dissatisfaction but nothing compared, or prepared me for the nightmare I and my wife are currently experiencing with Konga.

For over 2 months, fast approaching 3 months, Konga has completely failed me as a customer. At this point, I feel completely confused and helpless. I am now convinced that, thanks to Konga, my family and I will spend the holidays without a TV se[/b]t. I am convinced they are playing a game of what-can-a-helpless-customer-do?

It took me weeks to write this down because I am so angry and confused. The sad thing is I am based outside Lagos (or any of major cities in Nigeria) and my work schedule will not permit me to visit any of their main offices, that is if they have any.

Everywhere I look, I see Konga advertising their "yakata" black Friday and holiday offers and I shake my head. [b]My candid advice to Nigerians is do not make the same mistake I did
. Konga is a disappointment. Visit their social media pages and see tons of customer complaints, all being ignored by Konga.

Do yourself a favour and avoid shopping with Konga this holiday season. Merry Christmas

2 Likes

Re: Konga: My Biggest Mistake Of 2021 by BernieLee(m): 1:20pm On Nov 28, 2021
Post this on all social media esp. Twitter and while at it copy the Consumer Protection Council. (www.fccpc.gov.ng)

These online vendors really don't care what happens after sales and that's because we're in a country no one is held accountable.

I wish you all the best on this matter and hope you pursue it to a logical conclusion.

3 Likes

Re: Konga: My Biggest Mistake Of 2021 by devilmaycry: 1:57pm On Nov 28, 2021
On behalf of konga , ...we apologize for the inconveniences sir ...we re sorry and it will b fixed soon grin grin
Re: Konga: My Biggest Mistake Of 2021 by Valkrie: 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ordered OBD II from konga and it came with a cracked disc....!! That was the first and last I ever near them or any bloody online seller in Nigeria....I've been a customer of Amazon USA and UK for a long time and no such rubbish ever happen...!!
Re: Konga: My Biggest Mistake Of 2021 by tosbobby(m): 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2021
Konga and the vendor have shared the money, therefore the transaction window is closed.

Konga must have communicated the vendor about the issue probably she denied taking responsibility due to the level of the liability involved.
The cost of replacing the screen is like 60% of the overall cost of the tv.

I believe the vendor didn't make reasonable profit from the sales as well and I am very sure it was a China made Samsung TV.
Power guard would helped.

I wish it was purchased from Samsung office, resolving the issue would have been easier.

You didn't make mistake, it was actually the biggest experience acquired in 2021

1 Like

Re: Konga: My Biggest Mistake Of 2021 by adeprof18(m): 10:46pm On Nov 28, 2021
My experience with konga was bitter too, it was my first time of using them and I swore it will be the last.

I placed an order and was waiting for the item delivered. After the estimated period passed, I called their customer care, they gave me the vendors number but to my surprise the number does not exist. I called again to let them know and they apologied to return my money after wasting my precious time waiting too long when I could have gotten it elsewhere.

I was like, don't they verify vendors that post items?

(1) (Reply)

CBN-TIES registration / :) / How To Convert Airtime To Cash In Nigeria In 5min // Full Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.