Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? (20355 Views)

Boys & Girls Caught Taking meth In South-East (Video) / FACT-CHECK: Is Coronavirus Caused By 5G Technology? / Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 29, 2021
Op, I understand you, monkey will never open its mouth to say her child is ugly , and no one will say em mama soup no dey sweet ...but as for mkpuru mmirir abuse and prevalence in the south east ? It is a pure fact . I am residing in an off campus students lodge in one of the higher institution located town , the kids take the Meth like no man business and use marijuana to step it down . There is a difference between its prevalence in a place such thing does not exist before and violent conduct from its effect , and you won't wait till it got to the peak of 8t to warrant the outcry against it. I don't know about the other tribe using it as propaganda against the south east but from here am staying they smoke mkpuru mmirir .
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Funnyhubtv(m): 6:59pm On Nov 29, 2021
Lol! Have you been to port-hacourt?
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Crusadee: 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
vanbonattel:
The real home of crystal meth has always been Kano, and the north. Millions of northern youths, in their illiteracy and ignorance has been abusing the drug and all other concoctions for the past 25 years.

But the drug entered the south since the past 3 years, and Igbos with their high literacy rates started making the necessary noise to reverse the trend. Punishment like beatings and open disgrace was used to draw attention of everyone to stop the evil. The punishment were posted online because Igbos are mostly sharing information and education via the social media. Other tribes in their characteristic hate, started accusing the south east of taking too much of the drug. Just like in all other crimes, they will rather wish and accuse the south east, and Bury their heads in the sand as their own people perish.

Nigeria is the only country in the world which has HATE as it's main instrument of unity.
seat there and continue deceiving urself
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
Lionnation:
bros is not true I practically live in the street I am yet to see one person misbehave as a result of mkpurumiriri
These media people and lies are like bee and honey.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Adakintroy: 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
People say there is no God are idiots. They have never dealth With the world. .men who have dealth with the world invented God. Is not real. It's should be real. We want it to be real. You don't want to know the alternatives.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by mamaafrik(m): 7:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
Igbos and Yorubas don't do drugs like Hausa-Fulanis
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by estherozioma: 7:05pm On Nov 29, 2021
edochie12:
You are right bro,I stays in anambra state,but I have never seen anybody that is misbehaving because if meth,I don't know where they get this kind of news
my dear, say what you are sure of, I'm equally from there, this is a nightmare I have witnessed first hand, I shaded tears seeing promising youths, being useless, Bros the addiction has no cure. The person I know has been to rehab 3times, that is for those that has money for it, others doesn't have .
they act abnormally, this minute everything is fine, before you say jack everything is upside down.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Psalmistproject: 7:08pm On Nov 29, 2021
louqas:

Only one tribe hates everybody

Only ibos hate everybody else

Cos others no allow them dominate them....the next thing is yo hate their neighbours and hosts

Ibos are the only ones who hate everybody and themselves at the same time..... the word LOVE has no place in their vocabulary while hate has numerous acronyms

Please kindly refer to Google for informed definition of hate and it's characteristics.
You may have some things in common with what you may find.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Ournolly: 7:08pm On Nov 29, 2021
dumahi:
I have seen that many people are always looking for bad news about the South-East to satisfy their sadist souls. Recently, there has been this furore about the abuse of methamphetamine among the South-eastern youths. Someone has even created a moniker ndimkpurummiri to celebrate it.

But, I am here to disappoint such people with both first hand experience and objective statistics. While I am not here to say that no youth in SE is abusing meth or any other drug, I am here to prove that the prevalence is not so much as to warrant such an uproar. Also, when compared to other regions, SE is one of the regions with the least prevalence of drug abuse.

For example, last October, NDLEA boss Bubar Marwa cited a survey by the United Nations Office on Drug and Crime (UNODC) which shows that the region with the highest prevalence of drug abuse in Nigeria is South-West (with Lagos scoring 32% prevalence and Oyo, 22%).

And, if this is not enough to convince you, I can tell you that I live on the street in South-East and I have hardly met anyone misbehaving (like the alayes who are a common sight in any town in South-West). This proves the UNODC statistics beyond doubt.
I fully concur!
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Franking: 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2021
Fact. Come to my village and see.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by kingthreat(m): 7:16pm On Nov 29, 2021
Lionnation:
he didn't say there are nobody using the substance he said the rate in very small compared to other region especially the southwest, but as a new trend in the SE the people began necessary awareness to cub it from the root before it becomes a menace, but your people instead commending the region they result to insult due to natural hate,

If I were you, I will stop taking sides and take the war against crystal meth in the East as a good thing. At least let it decimate the small incidence there.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by kingthreat(m): 7:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
xelly:

Just look at this one. Meth is an Igbo name?

Ego means money. So therefore, Money belongs to Igbos?

You must be a consumer of the product to reason retardedly. For there to be an Igbo name for it means it is popular there. There is no Yoruba name for it, neither is there an Hausa name for it. Better encourage the war against drugs than make it a tribal issue. Big USA is trying to recover from it.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Safyqueen: 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2021
vanbonattel:
The real home of crystal meth has always been Kano, and the north. Millions of northern youths, in their illiteracy and ignorance has been abusing the drug and all other concoctions for the past 25 years.

But the drug entered the south since the past 3 years, and Igbos with their high literacy rates started making the necessary noise to reverse the trend. Punishment like beatings and open disgrace was used to draw attention of everyone to stop the evil. The punishment were posted online because Igbos are mostly sharing information and education via the social media. Other tribes in their characteristic hate, started accusing the south east of taking too much of the drug. Just like in all other crimes, they will rather wish and accuse the south east, and Bury their heads in the sand as their own people perish.

Nigeria is the only country in the world which has HATE as it's main instrument of unity.

Lack of correct information always lead to improper analysis and thereby making solutions to problems a mirage.

The most educated part of Nigeria is the North. Gone are the days that assertion was true. Even the almajiri system is waning and not like before. Education is not just about going to University or western life of existence.

The South will be disappointed in the future by holding to that opinion.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Isobug: 7:21pm On Nov 29, 2021
Bros forget them. My everyday livelihood is majorly based on the street and I wonder Where they see all these information concerning mkpurumiri. This month the heat about this Drug was much and I decided to be watchful to see what people are talking about, I met couple of area houses, yes people take drugs but I haven't even met a place where the Crystal meth is being consumed. There might be areas they're consumed but the hype is damn to excess. It all boils down to hate. Anything negative about the Igbos gives some mofos erection

1 Like

Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by EFunji223: 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2021
Kjvchu

Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by lereinter(m): 7:23pm On Nov 29, 2021
It's a shame

Really it's a shame

It's saddening where you supposed to meet sense you meet nonsense

When killings started during during this buhadisaster term, all his demon agent were first saying the killing experienced is more than Jonathan era

Now a southeastern of all people is saying the drug situation is not alarming compared to Oyo or Lagos

What a brainless assertion

1 Like

Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Jman06(m): 7:28pm On Nov 29, 2021
I think it's better the menace is given all the hue and cry it deserves now. Even though it might be exaggerated, it's better we fight it off once and for all.

The reason is because I know my people. If you allow that sh1t take root in our region, a time would come when people will make "business" out of it and sell it with reckless abandon without minding if many are dropping dead on a daily due to effects of the drug. The next thing if you want to talk about the dangerous effects, the sellers might even go and form union and start claiming you wanna keep them out of "bizinessi".

So, yes! Let's fight meth to a standstill and protect our people from its dangerous effects!

1 Like

Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Mightyhaiz: 7:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
kingthreat:
Something that has an igbo name, you are still denying its existence in the South East?
You know what there is no meth. Let your youths do whatever they want. Las las, when una mental homes full, una go get sense.
Say no to drugs.
igbo name ke. Mpkuru mmiri simply means ice,..as in ice block
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by newinventions: 7:33pm On Nov 29, 2021
I will register your limited liability company in the UK within 3 days without any down payment.

A lot of people don't know they can own a company in the UK and operate from Nigeria. You can also use the company to do business here.

We are currently running a black Friday promo.

Check my thread on company registration in UK to find out more information.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by okoroemeka(m): 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2021
Guyman02:
Whether fact or fiction I must commend the people of South East for publicly fighting the scourge, the stigma that goes along with it has made its mark as no youth wants to be regarded or identified as meth consumer
were I am living in imo state the community vigilante and security are now on high alert about the crystal meth problem and awareness had been created about it,we are not burying our heads in the sand like the ostrich wishing that the problem will go away,the issue is not localized to southeast alone,it is a worldwide problem but the Igbo community decided not to wait for government but to tackle the problem before it is too late,can you see such a United stand against a common problem by a whole tribe, standing up to say no ,can the northern region unite and say no with one voice to such problem or the southwest,is it because there is no crystal meth user in Kano or Lagos,the action of the igbos should be emulated by other regions to stamp out vice but what you see is hate and jealousy.

2 Likes

Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by xelly: 7:46pm On Nov 29, 2021
kingthreat:

You must be a consumer of the product to reason retardedly. For there to be an Igbo name for it means it is popular there. There is no Yoruba name for it, neither is there an Hausa name for it. Better encourage the war against drugs than make it a tribal issue. Big USA is trying to recover from it.

Olodo radarada, Olodo rabata
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by adeolaben(m): 7:49pm On Nov 29, 2021
okoroemeka:
were I am living in imo state the community vigilante and security are now on high alert about the crystal meth problem and awareness had been created about it,we are not burying our heads in the sand like the ostrich wishing that the problem will go away,the issue is not localized to southeast alone,it is a worldwide problem but the Igbo community decided not to wait for government but to tackle the problem before it is too late,can you see such a United stand against a common problem by a whole tribe, standing up to say no ,can the northern region unite and say no with one voice to such problem or the southwest,is it because there is no crystal meth user in Kano or Lagos,the action of the igbos should be emulated by other regions to stamp out vice but what you see is hate and jealousy.

I'm from the southwest.... 100% I agree with all you've said...
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by sunjai(f): 7:50pm On Nov 29, 2021
PandoraObi:
Baby factory criminals and drug traffickers have come again, they want to drag us into the menace ravaging their land like wild uncontrollable fire, meth is an evidence not a statistics, deal with the monster that want to make your youths unproductive and useless, before you blame Tinubu now you are now changing the narrative and shifting the goal post.
Nothing is ravaging our land. I have been in Anambra state for 3 years and only heard about the mkpurummiri here on nairaland.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Enceladus(m): 7:56pm On Nov 29, 2021
vanbonattel:

Thank you!

I have a friend that has an NGO that combats the drug epidemic in the North and she tells all sort of interesting stories.

Stories of how Almajiri boys will be caught with packets of tramadol even though it is supposedly illegal. Children using septic tanks to get high or the tales of overload of psychiatric homes filled with teenagers and young adults.

I believe some elites are actually sponsoring and exporting the epidemic to the south because how can you explain a 13 year old Almajiri in Kano with packets of tramadol unless it was given to him.

This country is just wrong on different levels.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by hansomb: 8:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
vanbonattel:

your prejudice and bigotry addiction is worst than that of Mpulummiri and unfortunately for you it extremely difficult to cure.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by ugotaya: 8:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
dumahi:
I have seen that many people are always looking for bad news about the South-East to satisfy their sadist souls. Recently, there has been this furore about the abuse of methamphetamine among the South-eastern youths. Someone has even created a moniker ndimkpurummiri to celebrate it.

But, I am here to disappoint such people with both first hand experience and objective statistics. While I am not here to say that no youth in SE is abusing meth or any other drug, I am here to prove that the prevalence is not so much as to warrant such an uproar. Also, when compared to other regions, SE is one of the regions with the least prevalence of drug abuse.

For example, last October, NDLEA boss Bubar Marwa cited a survey by the United Nations Office on Drug and Crime (UNODC) which shows that the region with the highest prevalence of drug abuse in Nigeria is South-West (with Lagos scoring 32% prevalence and Oyo, 22%).

And, if this is not enough to convince you, I can tell you that I live on the street in South-East and I have hardly met anyone misbehaving (like the alayes who are a common sight in any town in South-West). This proves the UNODC statistics beyond doubt.

Its true nobody want to imaging the worst but sometimes there's no fire without smoke. seeing some weird videos on youtube and Fb from the east...that alone will clear your doubts Yes, the drug is now prevalent in the East. Its time for quick intervation and for us to create more awares of the danger to the youths. Stop blaming people for your predicament and start looking for solutions.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by ugotaya: 8:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
dumahi:

Its true nobody want to imaging the worst but sometimes there's no fire without smoke. seeing some weird videos on youtube and Fb from the east...that alone will clear your doubts Yes, the drug is now prevalent in the East. Its time for quick intervention and for us to create more awareness of the danger to the youths. Stop blaming people for your predicament and start looking for solutions.

1 Like

Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by sunjai(f): 8:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
Overrated833:
Why do people hate Igbo's, I can't seem to understand this
Igbos don't need the love of people but the love if God cos that's the only love that can sustain us.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by hansomb: 8:08pm On Nov 29, 2021
Truth be told drug importation, manufacturing and selling is mostly carried out by "u know who" legally or otherwise. The late Dora Akunyili will bear me witness. Her husband had to pay the price of her good work. Go to big markets in "you know where" and see where chalk is transformed into paracetamol. Most Drug traders that buy drug from Indians legally or otherwise are mostly "u know who"
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by iyke2frankeze: 8:21pm On Nov 29, 2021
The so called hate as you call it is for our advantage because it has forced all the communities in the Southeast to tackle the problem aggressively no matter how little the problem may be for a stitch in time saves nine.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Traplord09: 8:24pm On Nov 29, 2021
Da keep hateing igbo because da no we are de King's...

Without de King's nothing work at nigerian and other countries......

We need to take our tools back to fix ..........

grin grin grin grin
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by gulfer: 8:28pm On Nov 29, 2021
Always playing the ostrich, it's better the issue is addressed even if not at the level reported by the press, however, the same ostrich mode led to the UGM prevalence .. denials does not solve issues/problems angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Makes You Snore? / Couple And Their Children Burnt In Fire Outbreak In Kaduna. Graphic Photos / Xiaomi Donates Surgical Masks To Ogun State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.