Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) (21613 Views)

Mbappe Says Messi 'had To Win' Ballon D'or After World Cup Glory / Reasons Robert Lewandowski Deserves To Win The 2021 Ballon D’or. / Bayern Munich Coach Hansi Flick Said Robert Lewandowski Deserves To Win The Ball (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 30, 2021
Op see the address go and tell fifa yourself

1 Like

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Tareq1105: 11:09am On Nov 30, 2021
kelvyn7:
I am a Messi fan but mehnnn...this clearly should have gone to Lewan cry

Your opinion
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:10am On Nov 30, 2021
Statistics disagreed op

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Tareq1105: 11:10am On Nov 30, 2021
kelvyn7:
I am a Messi fan but mehnnn...this clearly should have gone to Lewan cry

Your opinion and you're entitled to it.
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Babastrong(m): 11:11am On Nov 30, 2021
Campaign after election.

1 Like

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by babadee1(m): 11:11am On Nov 30, 2021
Ademola47:
FIFA has announced Lionel Messi as the winner of the 2021 Ballon d'Or.

Sentiments apart (I love Messi a lot), but I think Lewandowski was cheated. He deserves the award more than Messi. His performance (in the Bundesliga and champions league) has said it all.

What do you think?

For the best keeper, I think Mendy deserves it more.

Nairalanders, what do you think?

I agree with you. I also think Lewandowski was cheated. Anyway, looking at Messi's current form with PSG, this may be his last Ballon d'Or if he doesn't shape up.
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Ebhodaghe5: 11:11am On Nov 30, 2021
Indeed Robert Lewandowski deserve 2020 Ballon d'Or but doesn't deserve 2021 because he (Lewandowski) didn't achieve much last season especially for country.
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by IgweBUIKE1(m): 11:12am On Nov 30, 2021
Messi won because he is the undeniable best

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 30, 2021
paulolee:
ur opinion bro...same way they are millions of opinions scatterd online why messi should win it
Lewa had a crazy 2020 season n deserve to win d ballon bt it was canceled, dis last 2021 season, his form dropped, he went Injured, PSG dumped DM out of UCL n his poland did nothing in Euros, he would av had a case assuming he won euros n messi won copa
cr7 dnt deserve to b placed ahead of kdb dt won 2 titles, best player in EPL n still dumped cr7 Portugal out of euros...how u c am?
Should Mo Salah wins the balon dor because he won AFCOÑ?

2 Likes

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 30, 2021
paulolee:

Dt was just to reward him for 2020 dt was canceled due to covid...assuming he was given dt year, dey would be no need for best striker bcoz messi outclassed him last season bcoz he won copa bt lewa failed with poland....simple logic
If Messi was to win 2020 balon dor, don't you think they would give him irrespective of Covid? Who dey do online broadcast? Abi them no host Grammy despite Covid? Abeg

1 Like

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Ebhodaghe5: 11:15am On Nov 30, 2021
Pls be informed properly, this award is for 2020/2021 and not 2019/2020 which
Lewandowski clearly deserve...

I agree with you. I also think Lewandowski was cheated. Anyway, looking at Messi's current form with PSG, this may be his last Ballon d'Or if he doesn't shape up. [/quote]
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by ThierryJay: 11:15am On Nov 30, 2021
Lol, the wailing losers have started their lamentations in full force. Good thing is they are all football illiterates and their moans wont move anybody of note. Messi won cos of the below:

1. Ballon D'or cannot be rigged cos it's by transparent voting from football experts.

2. Ballon D'or is not an award for highest goal scorer of the year as the pendoramic numbskulls have been insinuating, if it was so, Thierry henry would have won it in 2003, Messi would have won it in 2018 and Mario Gomez would have won it in 2009. Ballon Dor is about the brilliance of your overall personal influence and contribution to your team's wins.

3. Messi won the award the minute he won Copa America as its best player and highest goal scorer and Lewy did not go far in the UCL. To the informed football literati, leading your team to win the Copa international tournament after 28 solid years carries more weight than the annual domestic Bundesliga win.

4.Those who are trying to downplay the Copa are simply deluded. Rivaldo and Ronaldo won Ballondor solely due to their exploits in Copa win in 99 and 97 respectively. In fact, only CR7 has won Ballon dor after Euro win in the past 24 years.

5. In most cases, Ballon dor winner is based on what transpired from past season up till August. Current season form rarely influences the results. It's for this reason that Modric won in 2018, Cannavaro won in 2006, Nedved won in 2003, Kaka won in 2007 and now Messi in 2021. Those touting Messi's relatively poor league form as a reason for not deserving it are simply blind students of football history.

6. Let's get this straight, CR7 fans are just severely pained and are just bringing up any excuse no matter how illogical to belittle Messi's win. This farce of a clamour isn't out of love for Lewandowski. But like I said, their opinions are inconsequential in the grand scheme of things cos they are just emotional fans.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Asour: 11:17am On Nov 30, 2021
Kingcalls:

Abi ooo...na guilty conscience....y dint they give messi striker of the year in 2019 and VVD balon dor since they based it on messis number of goals , so as 2012.... this shows u how corrupt these guys are...they purposely denied the ceremony cos messi wudnt hv made top 10.... messi himself is as fake and corrupt as them , cos only corrupt people benefit from corruption

You are overreaching.

For one, Messi is not a striker.
Also in 2019, Barca won everything but UCL.
They lost only one game in UCL - Liverpool away.
Even Liverpool lost more than one game.

Also in 2019, Messi was the top assist & Golden boot in Europe despite not being a striker.
That huge if it was anyone else.

Lewandowski is a great player (if he was voted for he'd have won) but what he achieved in 2021 is the equivalent of what Messi achieved in 2018 but got a laughable 5th. Some said because it (2018) was an international year (World cup).

Well 2021 was also an international year.
While he is not to be blamed, Poland did poorly.

Be sincere to yourself, If Messi did not qualify Argentina to World cup in 2021 and crashed out of COPA in group stage (like Lewandowski)would you be this defensive of Messi — even if he was the top goal scorer & won Laliga & Copa del Rey?

Therein lies your answer.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Krismas(m): 11:17am On Nov 30, 2021
Kingcalls:
All pundits from espn to cnn to BBC to sky sports to marca to eurosports to reuter are all saying Lewandowski deserved it and not messi , as the said on BT sports, dont ever trust journalists

I just pray they pair bayern with psg in the round of 16, so that it will show how corrupt and inconsequential that fake award is ... even messi zombies know he will be disgraced by lewa again... they should make sure the person that wins copa in 2023 wins the balon dor otherwise we will revisit 2021
coolGuy leave dem alone with their yeye balloon rubbish. Award with ever sifting criteria. 4yrs ago they gave it to Modric, even though CR7 won Euro and UCL. 2020, they canceled it, so dat Lewa will not win and now they can’t wait to dash Messi the award. Rubbish partiality.

2 Likes

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by NORSIYK(m): 11:17am On Nov 30, 2021
OJEEMAH:
he failed in Euro and couldn't qualify Poland for the World Cup

don't you think these things count??

All his achievements is centered on Bayern....... he was unmatchable last year but unfortunately the award was cancelled

This is the most ridiculous reason I have ever come across all my life.

I guess Messi had been winning world cup and Copa joke America for those he won

2 Likes

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by ThierryJay: 11:18am On Nov 30, 2021
Paygram:

Should Mo Salah wins the balon dor because he won AFCOÑ?

AFCON isnt on the same pedestal as Copa America. No country from Afcon has ever reached semis of world cup, while highest world cup winner is from South America.

Copa and Euros are similar in level. Afcon belongs to the cadre of the Asian nations cup.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 30, 2021
ThierryJay:
Lol, the wailing losers have started their lamentations in full force. Good thing is they are all football illiterates and their moans wont move anybody of note. Messi won cos of the below:

1. Ballon D'or cannot be rigged cos it's by transparent voting from football experts.

2. Ballon D'or is not an award for highest goal scorer of the year as the pendoramic numbskulls have been insinuating, if it was so, Thierry henry would have won it in 2003, Messi would have won it in 2018 and Mario Gomez would have won it in 2009. Ballon Dor is about the brilliance of your overall personal influence and contribution to your team's wins.

3. Messi won the award the minute he won Copa America as its best player and highest goal scorer and Lewy did not go far in the UCL. To the informed football literati, leading your team to win the Copa international tournament after 28 solid years carries more weight than the annual Bundesliga win.

4.Those who are trying to downplay the Copa are simply deluded. Rivaldo and Ronaldo won Ballondor solely due to their exploits in Copa win in 99 and 97 respectively. In fact, only CR7 has won Ballon dor after Euro win in the past 24 years.

5. In most cases, Ballon dor winner is based on what transpired from past season up till August. Current season form rarely influences the results. It's for this reason that Modric won in 2018, Cannavaro won in 2006, Nedved won in 2003, Kaka won in 2007 and now Messi in 2021. Those touting Messi's relatively poor league form as a reason for not deserving it are simply blind students of football history.

6. Let's get this straight, CR7 fans are just severely pained and are just bringing up any excuse no matter how illogical to belittle Messi's win. This farce of a clamour isn't out of love for Lewandowski. But like I said, their opinions are inconsequential in the grand scheme of things

what happened to Sanchez in 2016? Abi you no dey this earth dat year? What about Snijder in 2010? E be like say you dey Mars. The former won Copa and was the MVP, highest goalscorer, name it. What about snijder that won treble and his performance in world cup?

Donarumma that got the best goalie to deserve am abi? Okay ooo.
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by funkeyuche: 11:21am On Nov 30, 2021
Lewandoski really deserve these medal, these boss has been superb and consistent. Last season he was unstoppable just hope them give am sha....

Original quality Sollatek Voltage 4-way Multiguard surge @ Auction price #4000.
Sollatek is known for it's quality electronic product check online, these particular surge goes for #6500 - #8500 in market value, but am selling for #4000 cos am switching trade.
Only (4) of these particular surge left.
Phone : 09053841086
Slightly negotiatable if you getting (2)...

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 30, 2021
ThierryJay:

AFCON isnt on the same pedestal as Copa America. No country from Afcon has ever reached semis of world cup, while highest world cup winner is from South America.

Copa and Euros are similar in level. Afcon belongs to the cadre of the Asian nations cup.
Why Sanchez no win 2016 award since copa america is in upper cadre? This is politics.

1 Like

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Asour: 11:22am On Nov 30, 2021
snoopz:
Na by voting and messi is more popular than lewa.
Forget this deserving stuff, there are balon d'or Messi no deserve wey he still win.
Inesta and co go tell u

That's not really true.

See it this way.

Because of Lewandowski's lower (compared to Messi) profile, nobody is talking about the fact that he crashed out of Euros group stage and that he didn't qualify Poland for the world cup yet. No one.

Trust me this would not have been so if it was Messi (even with winning stuff in Laliga). Messi would not even be second if he crashed out of group stage in Copa & didn't qualify for World cup.

Think through. It (popularity) cuts both ways.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by shegzbillionz(m): 11:23am On Nov 30, 2021
Ademola47:

Sentiments apart (I love Messi a lot), but I think Lewandowski was cheated. He deserves the award more than Messi. His performance (in the Bundesliga and champions league) has said it all.

What do you think?

sentiment apart yet you apply it in the highest canal
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by udemzyudex(m): 11:24am On Nov 30, 2021
tillaman:
grin
Well deserved MESSILESS

Very stupid analysis, do they play in same position?

How una dey reason sef.
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by ThierryJay: 11:25am On Nov 30, 2021
NORSIYK:

This is the most ridiculous reason I have ever come across all my life.

I guess Messi had been winning world cup and Copa joke America for those he won

In the years Messi won Ballon Dor, he at least won the UCL (2011), reached the Copa final (2015) and third-place (2019) or reached WC Qf and UCL semis same season (2010). Not exit from Euros group stage like Lewy coupled with a second round UCL exit.

If you didnt know, Henry lost 2004 Ballon dor because he crashed out of Euros at the Quarter finals despite having the best individual domestic campaign among all the other players in Europe with the invincibles that season.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Lordave: 11:27am On Nov 30, 2021
Ademola47:

What do you think?

It wasn’t FIFA that awarded him Ballon d’Or, it was France Football magazine. FIFA has a more credible award coming up this December and which Lewy has won and will still win again.
The same fraudulent magazine their Editor-in-Chief lied that Cristiano Ronaldo confided in him that his greatest ambition is to retire with more Ballons d’Or than Lionel Messi.

Obviously the Idiot-in-Chief of France Magazine was just promoting his company and trynna justify their bias towards other contenders not named Messi.
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Simdyofficial(f): 11:28am On Nov 30, 2021
Jakemedg:
Cr7 fans and lamentations

Euros and the Copa America played a major part in deciding this year's winner not t just club trophies or goals .
Lewy couldn't get his hands on the Euros and just like Barcelona his Bayern Munich team couldn't win last season's UCL

No UCL, No Euros (equivalent to Copa America) and you were expecting Lewy to win the ballon dor
lol. Now it's copa america not club football. Hahahaha how many copa america did messi win when he got other balloon d'or. Was it not club football?
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Odmic2839(m): 11:29am On Nov 30, 2021
Well you are spot on but i believe lewa deserve this than all the rest top 10. Not until a player walks out of that dinner night.... this scam will never change... 2010 was the same... 2015 was the same with Ronaldo versus Ribéry... totti during is time didn’t get to the runner up despite playing with an average players at the club level and you didn’t see this as a scam. Until a player who has the best season of his life ignore this award of a thing....this people are killing other players internally
paulolee:
ur opinion bro...same way they are millions of opinions scatterd online why messi should win it
Lewa had a crazy 2020 season n deserve to win d ballon bt it was canceled, dis last 2021 season, his form dropped, he went Injured, PSG dumped DM out of UCL n his poland did nothing in Euros, he would av had a case assuming he won euros n messi won copa
cr7 dnt deserve to b placed ahead of kdb dt won 2 titles, best player in EPL n still dumped cr7 Portugal out of euros...how u c am?
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Meloski(m): 11:29am On Nov 30, 2021
blaise26abj:
While I’m a CR 7 fan , I think Messi deserved it . However I think The organizers should have combined last year’s award with this year. It is shameful that Covid will cause the cancellation of a footballing award when football itself didn’t stop . Lewandowsky should get his award . He worked for it
thank you man, thats it there should have been "two winners 2020 and 2021 respectively" but note: that award ballon d'or is worth huge cash mining it may cost them over their budget its not easy for lewi emotions though, i may say the compensation is ok. But i personally, wont forget lewandoski record and success in 2020.

1 Like

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by NORSIYK(m): 11:30am On Nov 30, 2021
ThierryJay:

In the years Messi won Ballon Dor, he at least won the UCL (2011), reached the Copa final (2015) and third-place (2019) or reached WC Qf and UCL semis same season (2010). Not exit from Euros group stage like Lewy coupled with a second round UCL exit.

Poland qualifying for Euro is a bigger achievement than Argentina winning world cup.
The same 2010 someone won
Champions league
Serie A
Italian cup
Champions league top assister
World cup joint top scorer
World cup finalist
World cup silver ball even though he was robbed of world cup golden ball.
But was overlooked.
Adriano, Sanchez and Suarez all won the yearly Copa joke America with top scorer and players of the tournament, and were never considered good enough for Ballon d'Or contenders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Kingcalls: 11:31am On Nov 30, 2021
Asour:

You are overreaching.

For one, Messi is not a striker.
Also in 2019, Barca won everything but UCL.
They lost only one game in UCL - Liverpool away.
Even Liverpool lost more than one game.

Also in 2019, Messi was the top assist & Golden boot in Europe despite not being a striker.
That huge if it was anyone else.

Lewandowski is a great player (if he was voted for he'd have won) but what he achieved in 2021 is the equivalent of what Messi achieved in 2018 but got a laughable 5th. Some said because it (2018) was an international year (World cup).

Well 2021 was also an international year.
While he is not to be blamed, Poland did poorly.

Be sincere to yourself, If Messi did not qualify Argentina to World cup in 2021 and crashed out of COPA in group stage (like Lewandowski)would you be this defensive of Messi — even if he was the top goal scorer & won Laliga & Copa del Rey?

Therein lies your answer.

Messi is a forward ... u guys should stop making it like he plays 10 cos he wears 10...
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by shegzbillionz(m): 11:32am On Nov 30, 2021
bubosolar:
Lewadowski was robbed 2 years in a row
it’s lovely
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by ThierryJay: 11:34am On Nov 30, 2021
Paygram:

Why Sanchez no win 2016 award since copa america is in upper cadre? This is politics.

It's not just one factor Mister, it's a combination and context also applies.

If Lewy had won this 2021 UCL, he would have taken home the award despite Messi's Copa win.

In 2016, your darling Ronaldo won both UCL and Euros. Tell me how Sanchez with only Copa will stand a chance.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp / Manchester City Signs Monaco BENJAMIN MENDY In Deal Worth Over £50m / AFCON: We're Happy Senegal Is Out, We Missed Jackson's Goals So Much- Pochettin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.