Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) (21610 Views)

Mbappe Says Messi 'had To Win' Ballon D'or After World Cup Glory / Reasons Robert Lewandowski Deserves To Win The 2021 Ballon D’or. / Bayern Munich Coach Hansi Flick Said Robert Lewandowski Deserves To Win The Ball (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by GEEBITE: 6:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
Thank you the uncouth one. I am not debating who is better here. I am not even mentioning Ronaldo here to be in the conversation for the award. Lewandoski is my choice, because in 2010 we were told that Balon d'or is for individual and not team award when it did not go to Sneijder or Iniesta in a world cup year. Messi did not even score as many goals as Lewandoski for Barcelona that year and he only won league title. While his Argentina team was bashed 5-0 by a young german team. Please what has changed the metrics suddenly in 2021.
GrammarNazi1:

Nothing is absurd.

The absurdity is only in your head.

There is nothing you can do about the tradition of Copa America.

Messi, you must live with it, is better than your ill-timed pseudo goat, Ronaldo, who is unlucky to play in the era of Messi, the GOAT.
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by OJEEMAH(m): 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2021
Numerouno94:

Hahahahahahaha grin grin Na u nd Thierryjay hand i try learn savagery from oo. Infact i still dey learn for where una dey. I blif say him/her go free my way for the next one week.

[b]Funi enuf i b Eminem correct fan [/b]oo yet i never listen to the song. Abeg make visit my boom player download am sharply. grin grin
Really??

na my day 1 MC be dat from Marshal Mathers-Eminem Show-Encore-Curtain Cain-Relapse-Recovery and so on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by aribisala0(m): 6:58pm On Nov 30, 2021
The award was determined the SAME WAY IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN

By voting

Let us no forget that

let us respect that
There is nothing to explain

Find out those who voted?

Google is your friend

1 Like

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by ajl: 6:58pm On Nov 30, 2021
Winning the Ball D'Or requires more than just kicking the ball into the net. Lewandowski is just a goal scorer. Outside the box he is more or less useless. Check past winners before Messi or Ronaldo Era. Compare their style of play in and outside the box to Lewandowski. He doesn't have the magic of past winners like Maradona, George Weah, Kaka, Fabio Cannavaro, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Zidane, Ruud Gullit, Marco Van Basten, and others. If you know football, you will understand my point.
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by emae009(m): 6:58pm On Nov 30, 2021
GEEBITE:
There are better ways of engaging without being rude. The Copa America this year was a farce. In the past teams from Concacaf were invited to have more numbers to make it more competitive but this did not happen due to Covid.

This year only 10 teams played with 5 in each group . It is damn absurd that 4 teams still qualified from each group to go to quarterfinals. It means with 3 points at least, a team will be in quarter finals. Messi scored four goals overall and which penalties were involved. He only scored a single goal in the knockout stage(quarter finals) which came in 93rd minute of a 3-0 win, that is hardly consequential. The winning goal by DIMaria in the final too had no input from him that could have put him in Maradona's class. All through the group stages he scored in two matches(1-1 draw with Chile in opening match and the group's final match where he had 2 goals including a penalty in a 4-1 white wash of a Bolivian team that ended the competition without a single point) .

I have been searching for what was his spectacular performance in a competition that Brazil has lost interest in winning.

stick to your flashscore then. You never once watched the Copa América. You just open livescores to check the result and you're here blabbing. It's only in the 100 year edition of the competition that other teams were invited to join.
It's so comical, I'm wondering why I'm dignifying this with a response.
Mr. Wonder did you know that Messi won more points for his team than Lewandowski did in the same time frame or you haven't wonder to that point yet.
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Numerouno94(m): 7:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
OJEEMAH:

Really??

na my day 1 MC be dat from Marshal Mathers-Eminem Show-Encore-Curtain Cain-Relapse-Recovery and so on.

These him singles they give me "Beautiful pain" ft Sia in is Marshal Mathers album nd "Guts over fear" ft Sia. I repeat em like mad.

Eminem na one fvkin intelligent guy. Wasn't surprised when i hear say him na writer nd poet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by aribisala0(m): 7:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
ajl:
Winning the Ball D'Or requires more than just kicking the ball into the net. Lewandowski is just a goal scorer. Outside the box he is more or less useless. Check past winners before Messi or Ronaldo Era. Compare their style of play in and outside the box to Lewandowski. He doesn't have the magic of past winners like Maradona, George Weah, Kaka, Fabio Cannavaro, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Zidane, Ruud Gullit, Marco Van Basten, and others. If you know football, you will understand my point.
There is no point, no magic , all that is nonsense

The process is by voting and those empowered to vote chose Messi. That is all there is to it.
They made their choice. . It does not have to be rational and there is no right or wrong choice
Messi beat Virgil van Dijk to the 2019 gong by just seven points

1 Like

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:15pm On Nov 30, 2021
GEEBITE:
Thank you the uncouth one. I am not debating who is better here. I am not even mentioning Ronaldo here to be in the conversation for the award. Lewandoski is my choice, because in 2010 we were told that Balon d'or is for individual and not team award when it did not go to Sneijder or Iniesta in a world cup year. Messi did not even score as many goals as Lewandoski for Barcelona that year and he only won league title. While his Argentina team was bashed 5-0 by a young german team. Please what has changed the metrics suddenly in 2021.
My reply to you is not uncouth. You may need to check it again.

You need to update your knowledge of the qualities a player needs to win the Ballon d'Or, trust me.
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
emae009:

stick to your flashscore then. You never once watched the Copa América. You just open livescores to check the result and you're here blabbing. It's only in the 100 year edition of the competition that other teams were invited to join.
Mr. Wonder did you know that Messi won more points for his team than Lewandowski did in the same time frame or you haven't wonder to that point yet.
He thinks it is just by scoring goals.

If it is just by scoring goals, why did Modric win it ahead of Messi or Ronaldo?
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by hellomeat(m): 7:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
offer valids till 8.30 pm tonight

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by GEEBITE: 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2021
For the pedantic one who thought he is talking to a kid. "Since 1993, the tournament has generally featured 12 teams—all 10 CONMEBOL teams and two additional teams from other confederations. Mexico participated in every tournament between 1993 and 2016, with one additional team drawn from CONCACAF, except for 1999, when AFC team Japan filled out the 12-team roster, and 2019, which featured Japan and Qatar. The 2016 version of the event, Copa América Centenario, featured 16 teams, with six teams from CONCACAF in addition to the 10 from CONMEBOL.[5] Mexico's two runner-up finishes are the highest for a non-CONMEBOL side[/font]"

I have even gone past following games on Livescore or flashscore . I was at the 2016 Centennial Copa America that took place in the States. Two matches precisely I got to watch.

emae009:

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by OJEEMAH(m): 7:37pm On Nov 30, 2021
Numerouno94:

These him singles they give me "Beautiful pain" ft Sia in is Marshal Mathers album nd "Guts over fear" ft Sia. I repeat em like mad.

Eminem na one fvkin intelligent guy. Wasn't surprised when i hear say him na writer nd poet.
swear down.....the guy good die.

You don listen to Lucas Joyner?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by abbey621(m): 7:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
emae009:

which is why they created the striker award because even the organizers are tired of every year releasing statement saying the Ballon d'Or isn't a goal scoring award. It helps but it's not the alpha and omega of the award criteria.
you have Internet use it.

Gibberish......The award has been awarded 85% of the time to goal scorers since it's inception. It's not a goal scoring award but it matters, you honestly believe Messi had a better year than Lewa? You Messi fanboys sure are cynical grin grin
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by emae009(m): 7:42pm On Nov 30, 2021
abbey621:

Gibberish......The award has been awarded 85% of the time to goal scorers since it's inception. It's not a goal scoring award but it matters, you honestly believe Messi had a better year than Lewa? You Messi fanboys sure are cynical grin grin

Prove how Lewandowski had a better year first. You guys always laugh for no reason when you have nothing to say
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Numerouno94(m): 7:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
OJEEMAH:
swear down.....the guy good die.

You don listen to Lucas Joyner?

The only Joyner Lucas song wey i don listen to Na Devils Work. Bro that song mad.
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by emae009(m): 7:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
GEEBITE:
For the pedantic one who thought he is talking to a kid. "Since 1993, the tournament has generally featured 12 teams—all 10 CONMEBOL teams and two additional teams from other confederations. Mexico participated in every tournament between 1993 and 2016, with one additional team drawn from CONCACAF, except for 1999, when AFC team Japan filled out the 12-team roster, and 2019, which featured Japan and Qatar. The 2016 version of the event, Copa América Centenario, featured 16 teams, with six teams from CONCACAF in addition to the 10 from CONMEBOL.[5] Mexico's two runner-up finishes are the highest for a non-CONMEBOL side[/font]"

I have even gone past following games on Livescore or flashscore . I was at the 2016 Centennial Copa America that took place in the States. Two matches precisely I got to watch.

I doubt you have. Because if you did watch Argentina matches and you wouldn't come up with that take of I'm still looking for the outstanding thing Messi did and you even conclude your bias, you said Brazil lost interest.
Meaning you don't know how historic and ingrained in Brazil football culture, what the Maracana stadium is. plus people that lost interest where crying when they lost. Go figure.
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by OJEEMAH(m): 7:55pm On Nov 30, 2021
Numerouno94:

The only Joyner Lucas song wey i don listen to Na Devils Work. Bro that song mad.
Haa........abeg try download him last album (Evolution)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 30, 2021
kelvyn7:
I am a Messi fan but mehnnn...this clearly should have gone to Lewan cry
you are not, no dey talk!!
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by abbey621(m): 8:30pm On Nov 30, 2021
emae009:

Prove how Lewandowski had a better year first. You guys always laugh for no reason when you have nothing to say

Led his team to the league title, had a better showing in the Champions League than Barcelona, outscored Messi. In 2021 so far, Lewa with over 50 goals, Messi with less than 35. So let me even indulge you and accept that goals does not matter, do you think it is fair to judge a Messi winning Copa with Argentina to that of Lewa failing in the Euros? Argentina a team of superstars to Poland where you can't even name 3 stars. Messi won, there's nothing anybody can do about it but let's not pretend the other guy was not just snubbed because it wouldn't be newsworthy and once again I laugh grin grin grin
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by jibbzion(m): 8:43pm On Nov 30, 2021
Ademola47:
FIFA has announced Lionel Messi as the winner of the 2021 Ballon d'Or.

Sentiments apart (I love Messi a lot), but I think Lewandowski was cheated. He deserves the award more than Messi. His performance (in the Bundesliga and champions league) has said it all.

What do you think?

For the best keeper, I think Mendy deserves it more.

Nairalanders, what do you think?

I opened this to see a statistical evidence and to explain to you why the winner was deserving, but I stopped immediately I saw that you started with FIFA.
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by GEEBITE: 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
Thank you. I have adequate knowledge of the major 3 metrics being used. Two of which over time have proven to be very subjective.
GrammarNazi1:

My reply to you is not uncouth. You may need to check it again.

You need to update your knowledge of the qualities a player needs to win the Ballon d'Or, trust me.
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Numerouno94(m): 9:06pm On Nov 30, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Haa........abeg try download him last album (Evolution)

Ok boss. I go download am this night nd give u feedback 2mao. smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by Hermes119: 9:15pm On Nov 30, 2021
abbey621:

Led his team to the league title, had a better showing in the Champions League than Barcelona, outscored Messi. In 2021 so far, Lewa with over 50 goals, Messi with less than 35. So let me even indulge you and accept that goals does not matter, do you think it is fair to judge a Messi winning Copa with Argentina to that of Lewa failing in the Euros? Argentina a team of superstars to Poland where you can't even name 3 stars. Messi won, there's nothing anybody can do about it but let's not pretend the other guy was not just snubbed because it wouldn't be newsworthy and once again I laugh grin grin grin
Its interesting out pointed out that Lewy's national team is weak and used it as an excuse for his failure but why didn't you also credit his strong club side for his success,at Bayern do you know how many chances he gets in a game . You said he led Bayern to the bundesliga title,without Lewy Bayern would have still won the bundes liga,they had won it like 4 straight times before he joined so how is it that you single him out for praise for them winning this one

Lewy and Messi thrived at Club level in terms of their individual brilliance,but none won anything spectacular with their team since they failed to win the champions league or even reach the semis
However Messi succeeded with Argentina and son the copa America in style putting in an amazing performance in the tournament

What part of this is difficult for you people to understand,based on individual performance while Lewy has more goals,Messi beat him on other indices suh as assists,chances created,man of the match awards and other indices used to rate a player's performance
Then at country Level Messi won an important title while Lewy flopped,whether his team is poor or not that is inconsequential, like I said the fact that Lewy is scoring so much goals is largely because he is at Bayern,things would be different if he was at Hertha Berlin or Augsburg

How else can we explain this things for you guys

1 Like

Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by GEEBITE: 9:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
Quite typical, skipped the part where facts stared you in the face. There is a link below that shows how serious the Brazillians took the competition. https://www.espn.com/soccer/brazil-bra/story/4429785/copa-america-neymar-hits-out-at-brazil-supporters-for-backing-messi-in-final

About Maracana stadium,by the time I was able to visit in 2014,it has become soulless as the reconstruction didn't help matters. No longer the intimidating atmosphere I read in Pele's book and watched in old football videos. I have witnessed live far more intimidating venue atmosphere at the Kop end OF Anfield,La Bombonera at Bueno Airies and Curva Sud the AC Milan end of San Siro.

emae009:

I doubt you have. Because if you did watch Argentina matches and you wouldn't come up with that take of I'm still looking for the outstanding thing Messi did and you even conclude your bias, you said Brazil lost interest.
Meaning you don't know how historic and ingrained in Brazil football culture, what the Maracana stadium is. plus people that lost interest where crying when they lost. Go figure.
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by abbey621(m): 9:35pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hermes119:

Its interesting out pointed out that Lewy's national team is weak and used it as an excuse for his failure but why didn't you also credit his strong club side for his success,at Bayern do you know how many chances he gets in a game . You said he led Bayern to the bundesliga title,without Lewy Bayern would have still won the bundes liga,they had won it like 4 straight times before he joined so how is it that you single him out for praise for them winning this one

What was the object of comparison? Messi vs Lewa so it is only right to compare Argentina to Poland, Barcelona to Bayern and so on. If Bayern is seen as strong same can be said of Barcelona given their history and achievements. Same cannot be said of Argentina and Poland. You said Bayern would have still won the Bundesliga without him but you don't know that, the past 3 seasons have been very competitive and without his goals Bayern would have lost 2 out of the 3 titles, it's like you saying without Messi, Barcelona would still be dominant in Laliga using their previous record, afterall from 1990 to 2000 they won it 6 times, you can see that we can keep going around in circles using strawman's theory or all hullabaloo using ifs and buts, the koko be say Messi won it because his team won Copa not because of anything else which is unfortunate given that Poland is not as stacked as Argentina.
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by ajl: 10:09pm On Nov 30, 2021
aribisala0:
There is no point, no magic , all that is nonsense

The process is by voting and those empowered to vote chose Messi. That is all there is to it.
They made their choice. . It does not have to be rational and there is no right or wrong choice
Messi beat Virgil van Dijk to the 2019 gong by just seven points

That mean that those who vote to select the best players understand the game than average soccer enthusiasts.
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by emae009(m): 10:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
GEEBITE:
Quite typical, skipped the part where facts stared you in the face. There is a link below that shows how serious the Brazillians took the competition. https://www.espn.com/soccer/brazil-bra/story/4429785/copa-america-neymar-hits-out-at-brazil-supporters-for-backing-messi-in-final

About Maracana stadium,by the time I was able to visit in 2014,it has become soulless as the reconstruction didn't help matters. No longer the intimidating atmosphere I read in Pele's book and watched in old football videos. I have witnessed live far more intimidating venue atmosphere at the Kop end OF Anfield,La Bombonera at Bueno Airies and Curva Sud the AC Milan end of San Siro.

Are you serious?
it's the fans that now play the game itself
smh... when you don't have talk, you'll just be beating around the bush aimlessly
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by emae009(m): 10:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
abbey621:

wow! must be very hard to lead a talentless Bayern Munich to their 9th lead title in a roll. When it was Bayern you didn't compare players. As e reach Argentina, na you can't compare players.
Can you see how your Hypocrisy is staring you in the face??
if this is already your mindset then whatever I come up with for Messi you'll find one excuse or the other to downplay it. So why bother.
Posterity will record 10 Ballon d'Or for Messi and he will sit on the throne of the Best to ever grace a football pitch.
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by abbey621(m): 10:41pm On Nov 30, 2021
emae009:

wow! must be very hard to lead a talentless Bayern Munich to their 9th lead title in a roll. When it was Bayern you didn't compare players. As e reach Argentina, na you can't compare players.
Can you see how your Hypocrisy is staring you in the face??
if this is already your mindset then whatever I come up with for Messi you'll find one excuse or the other to downplay it. So why bother.
Posterity will record 10 Ballon d'Or for Messi and he will sit on the throne of the Best to ever grace a football pitch.

Again I don't know if you're just trolling or have real problem with comprehension. How can I compare a national team with a club. Let me make it clear to you again, Argentina to Poland, Barcelona to Bayern. Argentina no be Poland's mate, so expecting Poland to do well at the Euros and expecting Argentina to do well at the Copa is what we are talking about. Nobody dey follow you drag, Messi is the greatest player ever but not in 2020 and certainly not in 2021, I am a Messi fan myself but I am not delusional, Lewa was robbed nothing more nothing else, stat wise you can't argue, head to head you can't argue hence the only argument here is winning Copa.
Re: Lewandowski Deserves The Ballon D'or More (Opinion) by okuta007: 11:29pm On Nov 30, 2021
kelvyn7:
I am a Messi fan but mehnnn...this clearly should have gone to Lewan cry

May God bless you

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp / Manchester City Signs Monaco BENJAMIN MENDY In Deal Worth Over £50m / AFCON: We're Happy Senegal Is Out, We Missed Jackson's Goals So Much- Pochettin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.