Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? (17749 Views)

IT Path For A Child / Discussion Thread On The Best Learning Path For Beginner Fullstack Developers / The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by charlesm91(m): 2:05pm On Nov 30, 2021
LeahSarah1:
I've been an avid follower of the programming section as a guest and now I want to fully make the switch to tech by next year. I'm confused on the path to take (data science, front end, back end, qa, product design) so that I can earn faster as I've bills to pay.
it'll be a grave mistake to go into programming thinking it's a month end job where bah go enter sure. You have to be calm and think it through why you want to do it otherwise you might quit before halftime. But it'll be best to get someone knowledgeable in the field to guide you so you don't go on random chase.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Maj196(m): 2:06pm On Nov 30, 2021
It takes years of persistent practice. This is my 4th year now. The more the years the easier it becomes. Start with the basics HTML/CSS, JS. Good luck. Please if you don't have passion just don't dare. It's not a get-rich-quick scheme.

14 Likes

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Badguy77(m): 2:07pm On Nov 30, 2021
Today i must learn something

1 Like

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by captainamiedi1: 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
No one is easy. passion, persistence and dedication is the key word. without these, you will give up after fighting a bug for one week. Programming is not easy you must be prepared. Nobody pay you alot for doing nothing. so you have to be ready to practice, learn and practice.

Wish you all the best

4 Likes

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Powersurge: 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
Kwara1stson:
Data science

Stop saying what you don't know. Data sciencs na programming abi?

1 Like

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by macaranta(m): 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
It will depend on what area of computer programming you'd like to focus on, however a generic route would be

Computer appreciation>Html>css>Javascript>python>mysql>php> extras will be >kotlin/swift>flutter>Django >etc

But if you don't have passion or just want to make quick money... It's not a right place to start. Get a normal job first then gradually embark on the programmer's journey.

Goodluck

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Powersurge: 2:09pm On Nov 30, 2021
wisane:
Start with HTLM, CSS and JAVASCRIPT. They are like the basic foundation.

@leahsarah1 this is what you need.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Hotzone(m): 2:10pm On Nov 30, 2021
Web dev
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by captainamiedi1: 2:10pm On Nov 30, 2021
charlesm91:
it'll be a grave mistake to go into programming thinking it's a month end job where bah go enter sure. You have to be calm and think it through why you want to do it otherwise you might quit before halftime. But it'll be best to get someone knowledgeable in the field to guide you so you don't go on random chase.

They don't know, they only want the money but don't know the pains that comes with it. i sacrifice alot of stuff to get to where i am. no alcohol, no social life etc. it's all for the greater good. they are days i wish i didnt follow these path and it's too late to turn back so i keep push. 4 years down the line i still feel i know nothing

9 Likes

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by TundeChris: 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2021
SQL

Backend development basically.

1 Like

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by TundeChris: 2:12pm On Nov 30, 2021
Maj196:
It takes years. This is my 4th year now. The more the years the easier it becomes. Start with the basics HTML/CSS, JS. Good luck.

4th year getting the basics or having worked professionally for 4 years?
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by TundeChris: 2:15pm On Nov 30, 2021
Debodimeji01:
I though it was Java...

And I Don start to go learn Java thinking its the simplest to start with. Cos have plans to over to Python after that.

Advising should switch?

Learn Java first. Leave python for now. Java would expand your abilities to actually code and easily adopt other languages on the long run. Python on the other is nice but wont give you the long term values like java would.

1 Like

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
charlesm91:
grin so true about that product design. I see a lot of girls doing it these days.

Shebi you self you don notice am? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 30, 2021
SirLakes:

Ewe!!!
See thinking shocked

Bros me no lie na grin grin grin
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Asour: 2:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
It depends on your interests.

What area of Programming do you want to play in.

Data analytics / Engineering?
Full stack development? Application /web development?
Database development?

You Choose:

Having been familiar with Data & Analytics domain,
I'ld advice.

Excel > SQL> R> Java. In that Order.

I really don't know much about Full stack development but you should check Code with mosh on YouTube for more details.

ALWAYS know that programming is NOT an end but a means to an end. So Value above medium should be the watchword.

Cheers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by roselynbas(f): 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
Use this learning path:

https://www.freecodecamp.org/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQN-pnXPaVg

You can also use https://www.w3schools.com/ to practice

Here is their youtube channel. They have a lot of exercises you can use to master, ensure you are consistently learning something new, and practice daily.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Crackow12: 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
No easy route to legit success. With hardwork and dedication, you'll get there soon.
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by OvertheTop(m): 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
Powersurge:

Stop saying what you don't know. Data sciencs na programming abi?

Programming is in Data Science too....

Python Can be Used to Analyze Data : Numpy / Pandas / MatplotLib package
python for data Extraction : Beautiful soup

Programming is very much in Real data Science bro...

4 Likes

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Dangrace01: 2:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
wisane:
Start with HTLM, CSS and JAVASCRIPT. They are like the basic foundation.

Word!

1 Like

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by drey076(m): 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
4GL
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Dangrace01: 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
roselynbas:
Use this learning path:

https://www.freecodecamp.org/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQN-pnXPaVg

You can also use https://www.w3schools.com/ to practice

Here is their youtube channel. They have a lot of exercises you can use to master, ensure you are consistently learning something new, and practice daily.

This course didn't use notepad

It's best for beginners to work with notepad

1 Like

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by silento(m): 2:26pm On Nov 30, 2021
Don't waste Ur time programming i mean the real programming is not easy or less u are planning copy paste and edit

1 Like

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by HEAVEN4444: 2:31pm On Nov 30, 2021
captainamiedi1:

They don't know, they only want the money but don't know the pains that comes with it. i sacrifice alot of stuff to get to where i am. no alcohol, no social life etc. it's all for the greater good. they are days i wish i didnt follow these path and it's too late to turn back so i keep push. 4 years down the line i still feel i know nothing
no be juju be dat

2 Likes

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by 1F30M4(f): 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2021
captainamiedi1:
No one is easy. passion, persistence and dedication is the key word. without these, you will give up after fighting a bug for one week. Programming is not easy you must be prepared. Nobody pay you alot for doing nothing. so you have to be ready to practice, learn and practice.

Wish you all the best

Spot on. Passion, persistence & dedication

1 Like

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by gracedson: 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2021
Frontend:

You can start with HTML+CSS, then you can select your preferred Backend language.

Just start from somewhere !!

1 Like

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by OAUTemitayo: 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2021
JavaScript.
I don abandon my stack sef PHP.
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by TundeChris: 2:36pm On Nov 30, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
no be juju be dat

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by captainamiedi1: 2:37pm On Nov 30, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
no be juju be dat

Guy when you see code when people they write, you see mad algorithms and data structure, you see people moving from one technology to another with easy. you go understand say learning never ends

3 Likes

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by 1F30M4(f): 2:37pm On Nov 30, 2021
TundeChris:
SQL

Backend development basically.

My thoughts too. I've still not been able to understand Python and most programmers I know are of the opinion that it's not quite difficult.
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by captainamiedi1: 2:37pm On Nov 30, 2021
OAUTemitayo:
JavaScript.
I don abandon my stack sef PHP.

PHP is still paying my bills
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by gracedson: 2:38pm On Nov 30, 2021
captainamiedi1:

Brother, I am a programmer myself, been doing this since 16yo, the Top programmers I know takes alcohol and smokes, programming in this modern age is a lifestyle, you’ve just got to balance everything.

If you are not ready to dedicate a part of your Life to this Craft, you ain’t going to Where.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Way Forward For The Field Of Computer Science In Nigeria / Which Among These Digital Skills Is More Profitable To Learn / A Thread On My Experiment With Reinforcement Learning & Artificial Intelligence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.