Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? (17765 Views)

IT Path For A Child / Discussion Thread On The Best Learning Path For Beginner Fullstack Developers / The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by captainamiedi1: 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
silento:
Don't waste Ur time programming i mean the real programming is not easy or less u are planning copy paste and edit

All join. there is these point where you know nothing, there is these point where you know little and there these point where you are confident. Yes it's not easy but you just have to start
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by 1F30M4(f): 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2021
Asour:
It depends on your interests.

What area of Programming do you want to play in.

Data analytics / Engineering?
Full stack development? Application /web development?
Database development?

You Choose:

Having been familiar with Data & Analytics domain,
I'ld advice.

Excel > SQL> R> Java. In that Order.

I really don't know much about Full stack development but you should check Code with mosh on YouTube for more details.

ALWAYS know that programming is NOT an end but a means to an end. So Value above medium should be the watchword.

Cheers.

I like this, thank you. OP, here's the way to go.
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by captainamiedi1: 2:42pm On Nov 30, 2021
gracedson:
Brother, I am a programmer myself, been doing this since 16yo, the Top programmers I know takes alcohol and smokes, programming in this modern age is a lifestyle, you’ve just got to balance everything.

If you are not ready to dedicate a part of your Life to this Craft, you ain’t going to Where.

Me and them are not the same. i love what i do and i enjoy every bit of it. i want 100% concentration. i don't want to drink and get hang over and the next day i can't demo anything. i demo my work daily. so everyday i have to put in the work. yes your top programmers can but i can't and i don't want to

5 Likes

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by HEAVEN4444: 2:42pm On Nov 30, 2021
captainamiedi1:

Guy when you see code when people they write, you see mad algorithms and data structure, you see people moving from one technology to another with easy. you go understand say learning never ends
wow. so this is not a get rich quick scheme like most people think ? i have to admit i tried oracle database sql plsql in the past. man let me tell you what i personally think ? I THINK PROGRAMMING IS IN THE BLOOD. YOU ARE BORN WITH IT BUT THEN YOU ACTIVATE IT BY STUDYING. HOWEVER IF YOU ARE NOT BORN WITH THAT PROGRAMMING DNA, YOU CAN NEVER LEARN IT. ITS A CERTAIN TYPE OF DNA THAT ALLOWS YOU TO THINK IN NUMBERS AND SYNTAX.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by chii8(f): 2:43pm On Nov 30, 2021
Temisia:
No easy path. Just be patient and devote time to it.
HTML
CSS
JavaScript

Then frontend
REACT
NextJS

Backend
NodeJs

Time is the biggest challenge if you can devote time to it you'll be amazed at how fast you can learn. Then as I tell my students. Practice practice practice until it becomes your second nature

Or Python
Or Laravel

Please, can a student in JSS 3 learn any of these?if yes, which one would you advice the student starts with, please?
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by chii8(f): 2:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
gracedson:
Brother, I am a programmer myself, been doing this since 16yo, the Top programmers I know takes alcohol and smokes, programming in this modern age is a lifestyle, you’ve just got to balance everything.

If you are not ready to dedicate a part of your Life to this Craft, you ain’t going to Where.

Please, which package would you advice a JSS3 student to go for? And how does the student go about it? Please,I have no knowledge on programming and would love my child to try it out.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by 1F30M4(f): 2:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
gracedson:
Frontend:

You can start with HTML+CSS, then you can select your preferred Backend language.

Just start from somewhere !!

This is good too. OP, lay your foundation with HTML & CSS, JS is also okay.

1 Like

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by bularuz(m): 2:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
I will advise you to look inwards before you make any decision.
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by billgabb(m): 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2021
I am concerned about the whereabouts of Slawomirr, the damnnn niggarrr. Tell him that I am missing some of his comments.

1 Like

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Ahmed4u1: 2:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
LeahSarah1:
I've been an avid follower of the programming section as a guest and now I want to fully make the switch to tech by next year. I'm confused on the path to take (data science, front end, back end, qa, product design) so that I can earn faster as I've bills to pay.

I will teach you html and CSS for as low as 10k
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by captainamiedi1: 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
wow. so this is not a get rich quick scheme like most people think ? i have to admit i tried oracle database sql plsql in the past. man let me tell you what i personally think ? I THINK PROGRAMMING IS IN THE BLOOD. YOU ARE BORN WITH IT BUT THEN YOU ACTIVATE IT BY STUDYING. HOWEVER IF YOU ARE NOT BORN WITH THAT PROGRAMMING DNA, YOU CAN NEVER LEARN IT. ITS A CERTAIN TYPE OF DNA THAT ALLOWS YOU TO THINK IN NUMBERS AND SYNTAX.

I can't stop laughing. people only post their success online. their pains and near sack period are hidden. my first tech job was 70k and i was sack 3 months after. today i'm getting 7 digits. if i post it now, newbies and others will think it's easy. there are days i don't sleep etc. their are days i get depressed too

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Skillsnigeria: 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hmmm
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by HEAVEN4444: 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2021
Ahmed4u1:

I will teach you html and CSS for as low as 10k
if you want to teach someone html and css for as low as 10k that means these are two useless skills because they have not benefited you yet. unless you just want to help the person as a charity case lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by HEAVEN4444: 2:56pm On Nov 30, 2021
captainamiedi1:

I can't stop laughing. people only post their success online. their pains and near sack period are hidden. my first tech job was 70k and i was sack 3 months after. today i'm getting 7 digits. if i post it now, newbies and others will think it's easy. there are days i don't sleep etc. their are days i get depressed too
well it seems you have arrived. 7 digits is millions. thats good money.
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by FAIRALL(m): 2:56pm On Nov 30, 2021
OP, listen up.
Fundamental understanding of how the web works is very important for your journey in IT.
Thus, you definitely need to grab the following concepts in your first 6months.
Html
CSS
JavaScript
I did advice you have three at your finger tips and then move into something broader. Btw, you can actually get a job once you implement some projects with these 3.

Resist the temptation of jumping from one stack to another. To do this, i advice you enroll for a well structured course online or offline.
I highly recommend :
The complete 2022 Web Development Bootcamp by Angela Yu on Udemy.
You should be able to figure out the next step by yourself once you are done with the course

Good luck on your journey.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by gracedson: 2:57pm On Nov 30, 2021
chii8:

Please, which package would you advice a JSS3 student to go for? And how does the student go about it? Please,I have no knowledge on programming and would love my child to try it out.
HTML + CSS for start
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by gracedson: 3:00pm On Nov 30, 2021
captainamiedi1:

Me and them are not the same. i love what i do and i enjoy every bit of it. i want 100% concentration. i don't want to drink and get hang over and the next day i can't demo anything. i demo my work daily. so everyday i have to put in the work. yes your top programmers can but i can't and i don't want to
Brother, I am not encouraging anyone to be an alcoholic or a chain smoker, I am only telling you that what really matters is Balancing, The primitive lifestyle of programmers is that a programmer cannot have a Girlfriend, now we have happily married programmers, The world is evolving, no matter how drunk you think you can be, you can still become a programmer. 3hrs everyday consistently is enough, even 1hr of learning everyday is enough for you,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by captainamiedi1: 3:00pm On Nov 30, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
well it seems you have arrived. 7 digits is millions. thats good money.

I have not. still learning and improving. hoping that one tell someone get opportunity in FAANG companies
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Godmademan(m): 3:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
Thermodynamics:
Answers please, I really get passion for this programming thing but I nor know where to start
You have passion or you hear say programmers are balling in cash

1 Like

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by HEAVEN4444: 3:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
captainamiedi1:

I have not. still learning and improving. hoping that one tell someone get opportunity in FAANG companies
if you have all the skills you say you have you dont need to work companies. open a limited liability company and start bidding for remote work from america and europe while living in nigeria. you make 1000 dollars a day while living in your house in surulere grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by professore(m): 3:07pm On Nov 30, 2021
Let me learn.
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by bet9ja(m): 3:07pm On Nov 30, 2021
Temisia:
HTML
CSS
JavaScript

Then frontend
REACT
NextJS

Backend
NodeJs

Time is the biggest challenge if you can devote time to it you'll be amazed at how fast you can learn. Then as I tell my students. Practice practice practice until it becomes your second nature

Or Python
Or Laravel

Best advice. No sugarcoating.

1 Like

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Powersurge: 3:12pm On Nov 30, 2021
OvertheTop:

Programming is in Data Science too....

Python Can be Used to Analyze Data : Numpy / Pandas / MatplotLib package
python for data Extraction : Beautiful soup

Programming is very much in Real data Science bro...

Bros there is no need to be brandishing our resume online. Just accept say u no know wetin u dey talk.

Person dey ask for relatively easier language to enter IT world with u dey mention data science. Who told u that data science is easy?
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Abujason: 3:14pm On Nov 30, 2021
LeahSarah1:
I've been an avid follower of the programming section as a guest and now I want to fully make the switch to tech by next year. I'm confused on the path to take (data science, front end, back end, qa, product design) so that I can earn faster as I've bills to pay.

HTML => CSS => JAVASCRIPT
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by UncleJudax(m): 3:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
Temisia:
HTML
CSS
JavaScript

Then frontend
REACT
NextJS

Backend
NodeJs

Or Python
Or Laravel
Laravel is cool, but you need some php background. Node is the easiest route to full stack since it is just a runtime for js. Django for those switching from data science.
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by captainamiedi1: 3:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
if you have all the skills you say you have you dont need to work companies. open a limited liability company and start bidding for remote work from america and europe while living in nigeria. you make 1000 dollars a day while living in your house in surulere grin grin grin grin

These sound like a good idea.
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by UncleJudax(m): 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
Maj196:
It takes years of persistent practice. This is my 4th year now. The more the years the easier it becomes. Start with the basics HTML/CSS, JS. Good luck. Please if you don't have passion just don't dare. It's not a get-rich-quick scheme.
Doesn't really take years to be honest. unless you code once or twice a month. With intensive practice, 6 months is enough to have a good grasp of whats what...in any direction: FE, BE, DS etc

3 Likes

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Ayo081(m): 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2021
If you have a good eye for design or love apps that are well designed, you can try Ui/Ux
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by TundeChris: 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2021
1F30M4:

My thoughts too. I've still not been able to understand Python and most programmers I know are of the opinion that it's not quite difficult.

It takes time. I think python might even be the easy way out if you want to have real depth.

I suggest SQL for someone who wants to break into the tech scene. But if you want to actually code stuff, it depends on what you want to do.

If your goal is Web Dev then, HTML, CSS, Javascript, React

2 Likes

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Tobedated(m): 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2021
A question though how does programming really works because as far as i understand you need an IDE(i hope that the spelling) to interpret the code so how is it used to create web, app etc do they just have the ide in them or how does it work it've been driving me crazy
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by nams77: 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
There's nothing easy.

Chairman!
Abeg what skills can I develop to get a remote job.
It may not Really be core I.T

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Way Forward For The Field Of Computer Science In Nigeria / Which Among These Digital Skills Is More Profitable To Learn / A Thread On My Experiment With Reinforcement Learning & Artificial Intelligence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.