Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) (29056 Views)

Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton / Guardiola Was Seen Coaching Raheem Sterling After Man City Have Won The FA Cup / Ahmed Musa & IG User Who Said He Shouldn't Have Sang A Christian Song As Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by pappisco(m): 8:00pm On Nov 30, 2021
Can we get over it and move on...
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by nairaman66(m): 8:00pm On Nov 30, 2021
A travesty and a miscarriage of justice!

All messi’s awards have been called into question by this action. UEFA have become an Oluwole Centre of awards!
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Investorozay: 8:00pm On Nov 30, 2021
pendu fans having nightmares

since yesterday

5 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Dextre(m): 8:01pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yhungsarm:
Messi fans are not truthful at all. Saying Messi deserves the award ahead of Lewandoski is just pure rubbish and i will give you three pure reasons why messi Shouldn't have won the Award.

1.Many of you claim Messi won the Copa America and Lewandoski failed to play pass group stage of Euro 2020 or qualify for World Cup.
It is only a dumb football lover that will compare Poland squad to Argentina squad, they are jst simply incomparable. Argentina has a one of the best squad in the world. Argentina played Chile in the first match it ended 1-1, they also beat Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia to qualify past group stage, then they beat Ecuador 3-0 in Quarter finals and Colombia on penalties in the semi final. Then they beat Brazil in the final. I would like everyone to checkout the countries Messi played against in this Copa America apart from Colombia and Brazil others are not a big task for giants like Argentina. Chile and Uruguay use to be a good football playing country but right now it seems Peru is by far better than them. So technically Messi only played Colombia and Brazil as the big countries in Copa America.
Whereas, Poland were drawn against Spain, Sweden and Slovakia in the Euro 2020, i need you to compare the countries Lewandoski and Messi Played against. In the world cup qualifier, Lewandoski played England and magnificent Hungary side, even tho they lost some of the matches, Lewandoski was magnificent(please check his World cup qualifier stat in this poor Poland team) same way Messi was oustanding in Barca's poor team.

2. Messi in Barcelona can never be compared to any other player in another team. If you watch Barcelona very well in 2020, you would get to know that Messi plays as a playmaker and he is given all the freedom. Every Barcelona player wants to give Messi the ball which increase his chances of scoring but Lewandoski case is slightly different even tho he is Bayern point man he still as big name who also scores individually. I hope you all get my point.

3. Messi Performance in 2021 is not as great people say.
Messi fans claimed he played well in Barcelona in 2021 but he still couldn't win La liga best player despite is individual brilliance. His performance for PSG in 2021, also proves my second point about Barcelona centering their ball on Messi.
Finally, i would say Messi winning the ballon dor show it is purely politics, he is clearly the second favourites but not the first. If it was by Countries achievement then Xavi or Iniesta should have won in 2010 because they performed well in the world Cup and also Barcelona. I remembered in 2010.

Pure garbage. If Messi that playmakes, still manage to score that amount of goals for country and club, then he deserves the award. That alone is enough reason. He single-handedly dragged Barca to copa America victory. You are here saying lewa deserve award because he individually scores, just hear talk.
Lewa did very well, and if he had won, I wouldn’t have bulged, that’s how good of a year he had but Messi did just about good too. This Messi guy, he has made extraordinary things normal so he is judged by that standard. Horrors of being great

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Kpomosauce: 8:01pm On Nov 30, 2021
OP na sugar full this your tears o grin

3 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by folks4luv(f): 8:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yen yen yen
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Thebbie(f): 8:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
"Yawns"...if you are done with the long epistle,go drink water and sleep...who don win don win....isssshhhhhhh
Yhungsarm:
Messi fans are not truthful at all. Saying Messi deserves the award ahead of Lewandoski is just pure rubbish and i will give you three pure reasons why messi Shouldn't have won the Award.

1.Many of you claim Messi won the Copa America and Lewandoski failed to play pass group stage of Euro 2020 or qualify for World Cup.
It is only a dumb football lover that will compare Poland squad to Argentina squad, they are jst simply incomparable. Argentina has a one of the best squad in the world. Argentina played Chile in the first match it ended 1-1, they also beat Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia to qualify past group stage, then they beat Ecuador 3-0 in Quarter finals and Colombia on penalties in the semi final. Then they beat Brazil in the final. I would like everyone to checkout the countries Messi played against in this Copa America apart from Colombia and Brazil others are not a big task for giants like Argentina. Chile and Uruguay use to be a good football playing country but right now it seems Peru is by far better than them. So technically Messi only played Colombia and Brazil as the big countries in Copa America.
Whereas, Poland were drawn against Spain, Sweden and Slovakia in the Euro 2020, i need you to compare the countries Lewandoski and Messi Played against. In the world cup qualifier, Lewandoski played England and magnificent Hungary side, even tho they lost some of the matches, Lewandoski was magnificent(please check his World cup qualifier stat in this poor Poland team) same way Messi was oustanding in Barca's poor team.

2. Messi in Barcelona can never be compared to any other player in another team. If you watch Barcelona very well in 2020, you would get to know that Messi plays as a playmaker and he is given all the freedom. Every Barcelona player wants to give Messi the ball which increase his chances of scoring but Lewandoski case is slightly different even tho he is Bayern point man he still as big name who also scores individually. I hope you all get my point.

Messi fans claimed he played well in Barcelona in 2021 but he still couldn't win La liga best player despite is individual brilliance. His performance for PSG in 2021, also proves my second point about Barcelona centering their ball on Messi.
Finally, i would say Messi winning the ballon dor show it is purely politics, he is clearly the second favourites but not the first. If it was by Countries achievement then Xavi or Iniesta should have won in 2010 because they performed well in the world Cup and also Barcelona. I remembered in 2010.

5 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by JosephXavier: 8:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
Did you make sense? No

2 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Timijo(m): 8:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yhungsarm:

Why are you still crying? Oya take handkerchief to clean your face. Your opinion does not count.

5 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
Op see address go meet fifa tell them

9 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by blamingthedevil: 8:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
Premium Tears and Wailing is a distinction without difference

3 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by olamilekan9(m): 8:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
Deborah98:
Something wey don pass, Nigerians still dey argue and dissect the matter. If with this energy we're able to choose,stand and speak up for who should rule this country I bet things would have taken another dimension all the same it's never late to begin. Nigerians can argue and drag issues for the world no longer Africa. Heiii nawaooo
werey girl lol
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Karemarealty288(m): 8:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yhungsarm:

Go get a life and leave someone that already has life.....your opinion is trash.

4 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by presido2e(m): 8:05pm On Nov 30, 2021
Continue to cry

While we continue to clap for Jesus

We are waiting for no 8

Dazol

8 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Ofunaofu: 8:06pm On Nov 30, 2021
What is all these na!
Is it because Ronaldo is not even in the equation.
Immediately Messi won the Copa America it was sealed.

Ronaldo fans should just accept that Messi is the greatest.

4 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by FLYFIRE(m): 8:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
VERY BAD LOSERS grin grin grin
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by emae009(m): 8:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Exactly, my brother and the few ones that understand deliberately refused to educate them in a bid to push their agenda.
If you remember vividly, thierryjay said something about being a good student of football history in that brilliant piece he drafted...... I have finally come to a conclusion that, most Ronaldo fanboys are either ignorant or biased. and people like that go still get mind dey blame Buhari?? No wonder, Nigeria is on a stand still.....I wonder be surprise if they decide to vote for him once more.

just one day and I'm already tired of this 7th sef.
Abeg make next year do come for the 8th. we must choke some set of people to death.
they'll have sense by force

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Harkinyemi(m): 8:10pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yhungsarm:

Why you sounding pained? Why you sounding confused as the laters that make up your moniker? Don't you have little sense of logical reasoning in you? So what do we do about all the mumbo-jumbo you typed up there? Rest! Rest bro.

2 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Formation10: 8:10pm On Nov 30, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Imagine the wack points he raised......... No stress yourself jor. when they cry finish, they go stop.

Lewandoski should be crowned winner of 2021 out of pity that 2020 was cancelled or what??........i have come to understand most people that think he deserves this year actually thinks last years performance formed part of the judgement. Yes, he scored more goals this year but he wasn't better than Messi using all parameters

Bros u no dey talk truth make i ask u waiting messi don play dis u dey talk of dis year even Victor osemhem better pass messi dis season

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by dotmhan(m): 8:11pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yhungsarm:

The number of likes you got proves how senseless your post is

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by 989900: 8:11pm On Nov 30, 2021
Shame on the organizers.
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by socialmediaman: 8:11pm On Nov 30, 2021
I didn’t see anything else from this post apart from flaring emotions. From the points raised, nothing showed that Messi didn’t deserve the award. Was it his fault that Poland didn’t have a great outing at the euros? Or can you even say the Argentine team were at their best form at the Corpa America? Lewandoski got a well deserved striker of the year award, and I also think Messi deserved the ballon d’or award

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by nairaman66(m): 8:12pm On Nov 30, 2021
Ephemmm:
Everybody is now forming champion on Messi's 7th Baloon D'or matter, even without logical analysis.

Weeping and gnashing of teeth may endure for a night bro, you joy on this matter would come in the MOURNING tongue tongue tongue

Put up a logical analysis or forever remain silent ! Twice this award has been questionably given to Messi.
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by FullBlastLight: 8:12pm On Nov 30, 2021
Deborah98:
Something wey don pass, Nigerians still dey argue and dissect the matter. If with this energy we're able to choose,stand and speak up for who should rule this country I bet things would have taken another dimension all the same it's never late to begin. Nigerians can argue and drag issues for the world no longer Africa. Heiii nawaooo

Shey u no say beta oyel dey ya head bah?

A thoughtful one frm u there!
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Soso990240(m): 8:12pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yhungsarm:

sharrap . Was it Messi fans that did the voting?

2 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by jaxxy(m): 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2021
Ephemmm:
Everybody is now forming champion on Messi's 7th Baloon D'or matter, even without logical analysis.

Weeping and gnashing of teeth may endure for a night bro, you joy on this matter would come in the MOURNING tongue tongue tongue

Even Barca knows Messi doesn’t deserve it. They are confused as per same Messi wey no fit carry them reach anywhere?? shocked grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by greggng: 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yhungsarm:

I cannot understand your point of view . I want you to tell us the reason why Messi doesn't deserve the award . If people end up.voting for Messi but not for any other player..that's an achievement.on.its own..
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by kellexnuel(m): 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2021
Any body that claims messi didn't deserve this year award is speaking out of ignorance. Don't confuse Lewandowski 2020 and Lewandowski 2021.
Mind the considered performance from Jan 2021 to October 2021.
If you check the statistics and claim messi don't deserve, you are the greatest liar mankind has ever known. Speak with facts and not sentiment. Don't allow hatred to cloud your sense of judgment
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Ofunaofu: 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2021
Formation10:
Bros u no dey talk truth make i ask u waiting messi don play dis u dey talk of dis year even Victor osemhem better pass messi dis season

Now na victor osimhen grin

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Marfianjayd: 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2021
Very Stupid write up.... lacking substance!

Go Paris go protest �

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Griezmann Ranked 6th In Most Expensive Transfers / World Cup: Spain Vs Morocco (2-2) On 25 June 2018 / World Cup 2018: FIFA Warns Broadcasters About Focusing On 'Hot Women'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.