Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) (29057 Views)

Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton / Guardiola Was Seen Coaching Raheem Sterling After Man City Have Won The FA Cup / Ahmed Musa & IG User Who Said He Shouldn't Have Sang A Christian Song As Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by abeliver: 6:58am On Dec 01, 2021
I stop following this useless award after 2010.
just like the Grammys...all of them na politics.
I still rate FIFA higher though...even though na corruption full am
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 7:01am On Dec 01, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Kross
Oliver Khan
Lothar Mathaus
Ike Casilas
And many more

Have said it.
But some sentimental and bias people will still come on social media to say what they don't know
Have you ever wondered why a tournament or competition does not have the best footballer award but the best player award? Most of us need to learn the lexis very well before arguing. You may just be exposing yourself. Mind you I am not a fan of anyone or any club. I watch football or follow it just for entertainment.
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by colossus2: 7:05am On Dec 01, 2021
If it is that easy, tell Lewandowski to go and be a playmaker in that Barcelona team let's see if he will score the goals Messi scored. Comparing a dominating team in Bundesliga with a struggling team in la liga. Haaland will score more goals in that Bayern Munich and you won't rate him at all. Continue crying with your baseless claims.
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by candygist: 8:08am On Dec 01, 2021
Yhungsarm:
Messi fans are not truthful at all. Saying Messi deserves the award ahead of Lewandoski is just pure rubbish and i will give you three pure reasons why messi Shouldn't have won the Award.

1.Many of you claim Messi won the Copa America and Lewandoski failed to play pass group stage of Euro 2020 or qualify for World Cup.
It is only a dumb football lover that will compare Poland squad to Argentina squad, they are jst simply incomparable. Argentina has a one of the best squad in the world. Argentina played Chile in the first match it ended 1-1, they also beat Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia to qualify past group stage, then they beat Ecuador 3-0 in Quarter finals and Colombia on penalties in the semi final. Then they beat Brazil in the final. I would like everyone to checkout the countries Messi played against in this Copa America apart from Colombia and Brazil others are not a big task for giants like Argentina. Chile and Uruguay use to be a good football playing country but right now it seems Peru is by far better than them. So technically Messi only played Colombia and Brazil as the big countries in Copa America.
Whereas, Poland were drawn against Spain, Sweden and Slovakia in the Euro 2020, i need you to compare the countries Lewandoski and Messi Played against. In the world cup qualifier, Lewandoski played England and magnificent Hungary side, even tho they lost some of the matches, Lewandoski was magnificent(please check his World cup qualifier stat in this poor Poland team) same way Messi was oustanding in Barca's poor team.

2. Messi in Barcelona can never be compared to any other player in another team. If you watch Barcelona very well in 2020, you would get to know that Messi plays as a playmaker and he is given all the freedom. Every Barcelona player wants to give Messi the ball which increase his chances of scoring but Lewandoski case is slightly different even tho he is Bayern point man he still as big name who also scores individually. I hope you all get my point.

3. Messi Performance in 2021 is not as great people say.
Messi fans claimed he played well in Barcelona in 2021 but he still couldn't win La liga best player despite is individual brilliance. His performance for PSG in 2021, also proves my second point about Barcelona centering their ball on Messi.
Finally, i would say Messi winning the ballon dor show it is purely politics, he is clearly the second favourites but not the first. If it was by Countries achievement then Xavi or Iniesta should have won in 2010 because they performed well in the world Cup and also Barcelona. I remembered in 2010.

Are you a Ronaldo fan girl ?
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by MisfitHPG: 8:13am On Dec 01, 2021
Yhungsarm:
Messi fans are not truthful at all. Saying Messi deserves the award ahead of Lewandoski is just pure rubbish and i will give you three pure reasons why messi Shouldn't have won the Award.

1.Many of you claim Messi won the Copa America and Lewandoski failed to play pass group stage of Euro 2020 or qualify for World Cup.
It is only a dumb football lover that will compare Poland squad to Argentina squad, they are jst simply incomparable. Argentina has a one of the best squad in the world. Argentina played Chile in the first match it ended 1-1, they also beat Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia to qualify past group stage, then they beat Ecuador 3-0 in Quarter finals and Colombia on penalties in the semi final. Then they beat Brazil in the final. I would like everyone to checkout the countries Messi played against in this Copa America apart from Colombia and Brazil others are not a big task for giants like Argentina. Chile and Uruguay use to be a good football playing country but right now it seems Peru is by far better than them. So technically Messi only played Colombia and Brazil as the big countries in Copa America.
Whereas, Poland were drawn against Spain, Sweden and Slovakia in the Euro 2020, i need you to compare the countries Lewandoski and Messi Played against. In the world cup qualifier, Lewandoski played England and magnificent Hungary side, even tho they lost some of the matches, Lewandoski was magnificent(please check his World cup qualifier stat in this poor Poland team) same way Messi was oustanding in Barca's poor team.

2. Messi in Barcelona can never be compared to any other player in another team. If you watch Barcelona very well in 2020, you would get to know that Messi plays as a playmaker and he is given all the freedom. Every Barcelona player wants to give Messi the ball which increase his chances of scoring but Lewandoski case is slightly different even tho he is Bayern point man he still as big name who also scores individually. I hope you all get my point.

Messi fans claimed he played well in Barcelona in 2021 but he still couldn't win La liga best player despite is individual brilliance. His performance for PSG in 2021, also proves my second point about Barcelona centering their ball on Messi.
Finally, i would say Messi winning the ballon dor show it is purely politics, he is clearly the second favourites but not the first. If it was by Countries achievement then Xavi or Iniesta should have won in 2010 because they performed well in the world Cup and also Barcelona. I remembered in 2010.
there is no credible excuse as to why Messi shouldn't have won,look at this Dog,you call Slovakia that their best players plays in China?Hungary magnificent?Sweden that just lost to Georgia?then a Uruguayan team that boasts of Luis Suarez, Cavani,Bentancur,Fede Valvade,J.M Giminez,Godin, etc Useless teams?the same Chile that won that trophy twice against Argentina?this was the weakest Argentine squad in history and Messi did the impossible and won,that Barca side Messi led to a title fight are even worse than Super Eagles..
Messi finished 5th when Luca Modric won it, Messi was the best Player but came 5th,a journalist even voted him 24th in the world and no one spoke of injustice,no ever bitter buffoon is claiming rubbish,can you even compare the said Peru to all the part-time footballers in those tiny European clubs,you know nothing about football,I don't respect you,you just spoke like your dead brain was exumed from your coffin skull
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by iwaolasam: 8:38am On Dec 01, 2021
Three Reasons why you should be flogged

1 ballon dor no be bundesliga award

2 ballon dor no be champions league award of which lewandowski no even collect am

3 you are pained
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by candygist: 9:05am On Dec 01, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Kross
Oliver Khan
Lothar Mathaus
Ike Casilas
And many more

Have said it.
But some sentimental and bias people will still come on social media to say what they don't know

This people you mentioned showed have voted for lewa na.
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by IfnobeGod20: 10:06am On Dec 01, 2021
Yhungsarm:

I was keen and expecting to read some viable points that will puncture the given of the award to Messi but all I could read is just poo and illogical reasons from the pit of hell.
Please who do you this that you reason like a strange woman
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by IfnobeGod20: 10:08am On Dec 01, 2021
Yhungsarm:

I was keen and expecting to read some viable points that will puncture the given of the award to Messi but all I could read is just poo and illogical reasons from the pit of hell.
Please who do you this that you reason like a strange and bond woman.
Please when you have reasonable and verifiable statistics to counter giving it to Messi come again but now you only succeeded embarrassing yourself like a toddler.
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by DEADALIVE: 11:04am On Dec 01, 2021
Any time messi wins the award there is always criticism about the award but if ronaldo or any other player wins it regardless its satisfying to ronaldo fans.
Statistics has shown that the people who merited the award was strictly on performance that eventually led to a trophy.
By performance you should be able to go the extraordinary mode of play else you just like other players.
Name two exceptional players currently now playing football...
I pick messi as one, i doubt if you will pick lewandoski but rather you will pick ronaldo.
Black man black heart....
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Omotybaba: 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2021
You can also download to get latest I.T tools
https://upfiles.com/iUWb1
Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by taofeeq137(m): 2:10pm On Dec 01, 2021
Lol, good job with the write up, buttttt,

By this time last year, Messi was having issues scoring, psychological issues, due to problems with Bartomeu, in November/Dec, he had an interview in which he cleared his mind out, and by January, that man went for about 23 games scoring back to back, while also creating almost every chance Barca could produce

Secondly, he recieves the ball a lot cos he's the only footballer than can create something out of nothing consistently, hence you rely on him, Memphis gets all the ball in Barca now and he disappoints us even if hes a very prolific scorer!

3rdly, you mentioned North American countries and how only 2 teams are strong there, but the truth remains a 25th place team in Europe would have difficulties playing a 50th placed team in South America, why? cos the teams in Europe get to face too many mediocre teams and can statpad to have high ranks, Brazil vs Italy in any final and Brazil wipes them all over the dance floor, Holland against Uruguay and Uruguay wipes them all around, reason why you feel European teams are stronger, when only France, Spain, England can really be a real threat to South American teams, Belgium, Poland, Italy, Portugal will be flogged mercilessly most of the time.

Lastly, bring Lewandowski to this current Barca side and let me see him get Ballon DOR shouts, he prolly wont even score as many goals as Benzema if he was in Barca! Messi has scored the most goals in 2021 till date while having the past 3 months being plagued with injuries... He had a very good year both in club and country from October last year till Sepember this year which was considered for the Ballon DOR, he's slower performing in PSG this new season, but, it's Messi, it is a matter of time, he's inevitable.

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Ephemmm: 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2021
nairaman66:

Put up a logical analysis or forever remain silent ! Twice this award has been questionably given to Messi.

Lewa deserves the award in 2019/2020 season no doubt, but Messi was not the cause of pandemic and he has no influence on the organizer in order to persuade them to give Lewa the award he deserves.

Both of them were the highest goal scorers in their respective leagues in 2020/2021 season, but you would realize the weight of Messi becoming the highest goal scorer if you consider the fact that Suarez, Rakitic, Griezman, Iniesta, etc departed from Barcelona's team at the beginning of the season. You could also see how poor the team is at present to the extent that they are heading to Europa this season just because of the Messi's departure.

If you are also wise enough, Messi winning 2020/21 award would not have come to you as a surprise after Messi's excellent performance in Copa America with most goals, freekicks, assists, dribbling, Man of the Matches, freekicks, player of the tournament etc. Poland's/Lewadoski's performance in Europe is nothing to write home about. In fact, Poland would need to play play-off and their chance of qualification is very minimal. You will also agree with me that without this, he can't be in the equation at all.

May I remind you that Messi won the european golden boot, la liga, copa dey rey, etc in 2018 when Modric won, and I believe you will recollect how he came 5th in the ranking. He also has more goals in 2017 when Ronaldo won.

See, if goals and assists which is the only area Lewadoski is good at is the major determinants for winning this award, Messi deserves 9 Baloon D'or at present.

Get your fact right.

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) by Landlord97: 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2021
Yhungsarm:

OP do you know that lewandowski plays with a more accurate players in Bayern Munich, compared to Messi Barcelona team mates which almost 60percent inexperienced, sentiment aside Leonel messi deserves his 7th balondor,which is visible as he got more votes than lewandowski.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

World Cup: Spain Vs Morocco (2-2) On 25 June 2018 / Umahi Kicks Off Construction Of Ebonyi Olympic Stadium (Photos) / World Cup 2018: FIFA Warns Broadcasters About Focusing On 'Hot Women'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.