Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary (14926 Views)

Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) / See The Company You Should Never Accept Their Job Offer / Flour Mills Of Nigeria PLC Job Recruitment (15 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary by dabeto: 1:56pm On Dec 02, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Third Party workers is same as contract staffs with stipulated terms and conditions of appointment. Unfortunately, most affected workers hardly glance through the document before appending signatures to accept and cement the job offer.

If you glance through what would you do? Reject the offer? embarassed
Re: Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary by seyz91(m): 1:59pm On Dec 02, 2021
Real niggaz know this, we don't settle for crumbs

Salary work dont make people rich or wealthy it is what it is
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Working to get paid is one hell of a thing I will never do
Re: Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary by Datedoboy: 2:12pm On Dec 02, 2021
olola4:
One of the worst life experience is to be a contract/third party staff undecided I doubt if there is anything Flour Mills can do as they are not their direct staff.

Very true and the sad thing is that the house of reps or Senate brings up this issue almost every time yet nothing is done. Year in year out same story.
A Contract staff in Nigeria is like sm1 in a mini cell inside kirikiri maximum.

If you're a contract staff in Nigeria you are in 2 prisons already. Nigeria being the first prison and your workplace, the second.
Most accept this form of slavery because there are no immediate alternatives. My advice is strive and pray to leave.

All these protests don't work in Nigeria.
The company can even sack you for protesting without any compensation but how can you pay a human like yourself 8k basic and you blame Buhari for how bad the country is when that change starts from you.
If you can't pay well don't employ them simple.

They are not your staffs but they are working for you in your facility? How bad can this get to?

1 Like

Re: Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 02, 2021
oluseyiforjesus:
I wonder how a government plan to increase fuel money without increment in salary. [s]That's what we get wen a secondary school holder is ruling a nation.[/s] Fuel in Nigeria determines the price of goods n services. Pls Buhari don't increase pls

Not all SSCE students are dull like your President Buhari. In many Cases, certificates doesn't equate Intelligence. There are people In this world who are rightly educated but without certificates. Emancipate yourself from Mental Slavery.....

1 Like

Re: Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2021
Chatflick:
Protest everywhere. People will even protest against those protesting.

Lol I surely got this......

1 Like

Re: Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary by CrownOfClay724: 2:50pm On Dec 02, 2021
damidan01:
I suggest their protest should start with END TO THIRD PARTY WORKER. #endtocontractwork

Abi.

Theirs is a misplaced protest.
Re: Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary by Gkemz: 3:02pm On Dec 02, 2021
10k salary for this extremely hard economy. Tufiakwa.
I rather sell sachet and can water than this.
Re: Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary by Llyodsjids(m): 3:07pm On Dec 02, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Slawomiir is back, how u been bruh?
You hilarious comments were missed cheesy
Re: Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary by WoundedLamb: 3:13pm On Dec 02, 2021
Does third-party in this case mean they're independent contractors (contract employees) or employees of a third-party firm outsourced to FMN?

Independent contractors don't get all the benefits that permanent staff members get (health insurance, bonuses, upscale training, promotion, etc.). This is the same everywhere. However, in many countries, they usually get a higher pay at the end of the salary cycle (primarily cause they have to file and pay their own taxes themselves). I don't really know why that's not the case in Nigeria.

And if they're employees of a third firm outsourced to FMN, they should probably take thier protest to thier respective employers. The employers can bill FMN more and/or increase thier pay.
Re: Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary by odaniel1(m): 3:58pm On Dec 02, 2021
N8000 basic??/ WTF!!!!

Baba J, bless them oooooooo....change their stories for good!!!
Re: Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary by Boniwhite: 4:14pm On Dec 02, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Slawormiir you are back!
we don miss you o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary by Hkff: 4:19pm On Dec 02, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary by funshint(m): 5:57pm On Dec 02, 2021
Boniwhite:
Slawormiir you are back!
we don miss you o
FreeStuffsNG:
FMN that just parted with N80 billion to buy 71% total issued ordinary shares of Honeywell Flour mills can do better in terms of welfare for its workers.

I think the problem with that company is that they are heavy in debt and seem to be working for their creditors by paying high finance cost.
This kind of news of protest over welfare can send a wrong signal to workers of Honeywell flour mills.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers
The merger/acquisition was done to help Otudeko out of his debt. His workers are secondary on this issue. Now you can see the problem with Nigerian owned businesses; no matter how huge their profit is, workers welfare/salary is not a priority to them. Foreign owned businesses; even if their profit is not that much, they will always put it their workers welfare first to the extent that you'll think they're paying their workers very huge salary which most times is not so. Most Nigerian businesmen are wicked; no wonder their business don't last and the ones that last doesn't survive beyond them when they die because most of the workers will resolve into sharp practices which will eventually bring the company down. We need strong labour laws on this country.
Re: Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary by Fumace(f): 9:57pm On Dec 02, 2021
Hmm.... I'm not surprised, when the price of goods and services in the country is on the high meanwhile salaries remain the same, it's as good as reducing people's salaries indirectly tho.... It is well with us o���
Re: Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary by Babawee: 11:34pm On Dec 02, 2021
That's why most company has bulk of there workers as contract staff
So they won't be entitled to them on the long run...
Contract staff is the worst system of employment...the same degree with a direct staff of the same firm
I have once been a contract staff,there is nothing like union been a contract staff so u can't agitate for anything except you complain to your employers the outsourcing firm...it's really terrible
Re: Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 03, 2021
Evolutionlove:

Not all SSCE students are dull like your President Buhari. In many Cases, certificates doesn't equate Intelligence. There are people In this world who are rightly educated but without certificates. Emancipate yourself from Mental Slavery.....

Buhari is not really dull ......

He's been co-operating with several crooks towards feeding on the economy of the federal republic of Nigeria....
Re: Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary by IkpuMmadu: 1:57am On Dec 03, 2021
If the salary is too small resign
Re: Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary by Ooe33: 6:12am On Dec 03, 2021
They are 3rd party staffs. They should take it up with labour and deal with their main company.

FreeStuffsNG:
FMN that just parted with N80 billion to buy 71% total issued ordinary shares of Honeywell Flour mills can do better in terms of welfare for its workers.

I think the problem with that company is that they are heavy in debt and seem to be working for their creditors by paying high finance cost.
This kind of news of protest over welfare can send a wrong signal to workers of Honeywell flour mills.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers
Re: Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary by Uchesis: 2:40am On Dec 04, 2021
95% of nairalanders who have commented on this topic have not entered flour mill before so they don't know what happens inside the workplace.

Before u type trash, find out how the company is being run from the inside.

I work there so I should know.

Since 2017, more than 4yrs now, the salary of 3rd party staffs have remained the same. A bag of semo in 2017 was around 3k, today its over 6k. And they also buy the products outside too. Is that fair?

Yet the salary of FMN staffs gets increased every single year.

If u are 3rd party will u like it?

The service providers take 70% of the monthly salary paid by FMN for each 3rd party employee and give just 30% to them. Is that fair?

For years, 3rd party staffs have complained bitterly to their service providers (global manpower, slloyd etc) about their salary structure. All they keep hearing is "we will look into it" yet nothing is being done to increase it. because the service providers don't want to cut down on their own 70%

So on the 30th of November the protest was held and taken directly to the glass house of FMN where the General Managing Director office is. He came out and begged the workers to calm down, that he will personally take up the case and meet their demands.

There is more but let me just stop here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary by jeremiah123: 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2021
They should all remain on strike make I c how the company go take employ almost 3000 workers. Hold them for penis. Useless Nigeria, useless company, useless management

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited New Job Opportunities–apply Before Deadline / Npower: Beneficiaries Will Be Paid October / How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.