Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants (6333 Views)

I Am Still In The Race: Wase Visits Buhari, Vows Not To Step Down For Abbas / Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages / 2019 Election: Nobody Will Unseat Me, Buhari Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2021
PRESIDENT BUHARI VOWS TO SANCTION CORRUPT PUBLIC SERVANTS, HONOURS THREE NIGERIANS FOR INTEGRITY, EXEMPLARY CONDUCT

The Federal Government will sanction those who bring in personnel into the public workforce by illegal recruitment, pad their payroll and retain ghost workers, President Muhammadu Buhari said Tuesday in Abuja.

Declaring open the 3rd National Summit on Diminishing Corruption in the Public Sector, the President warned that his administration would not hesitate to punish Heads of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) that fraudulently present new projects as ongoing projects in the budget.

‘‘We reduced the cost of governance by maintaining our promise to complete abandoned or ongoing projects commenced by previous administrations and have ensured that MDAs do not put forward new capital projects at the expense of ongoing projects.

‘‘Government has, however, noted from the activities of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) that some MDAs have devised the fraudulent practice of presenting new projects as ongoing projects.

‘‘Necessary action and sanctions will continue against the heads of such errant MDAs. I am confident that ICPC will continue to maintain the vigilance required of her by the ICPC Act in this regard,’’ he said.

The President described the summit with the theme "Corruption and Cost of Governance: New Imperatives for Fiscal Transparency,'' as auspicious.

He noted that it reminds us of the negative impacts of unnecessary cost of governance and offers an opportunity for critical stakeholders to offer suggestions on ways to further reduce the cost of governance and promote transparency and accountability in government expenditure.

‘‘I am delighted that the Legislative and Judicial arms of government are also under focus on managing the cost of governance because government is a collective and is not the business of the Executive branch alone.

‘‘On 19th August 2020, the Federal Executive Council adopted the National Ethics and Integrity Policy which I launched on 25th September 2020.

‘‘I am delighted that some public officers continue not only to demonstrate the core values of ethics, integrity and patriotism but have been identified for their sterling anti-corruption disposition in their workplace,’’ he said.

A highpoint of the event attended by the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad and a representative of the Senate President Ahmed Lawan was the presentation of the 2021 Public Service Integrity Awards to three distinguished Nigerians.

They are Nelson Okoronkwo, Deputy Director, Legal, Federal Ministry of Information and Culture, Muhammad Ahmad, Assistant Commander of Narcotics, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) and Ikenna Nweke, a PhD student, from Imo State, studying in Japan.

Okoronkwo, who was recognised for his consistent acts of integrity in the different ministries where he served, is a committee member on fertilizer distribution that led to the recovery of billions of naira from racketeers with collaborators within the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.

He was credited to have reported corrupt practices that led to the Ogoni cleanup investigation in the Federal Ministry Environment.

As Committee Chairman on Illegal Recruitment in the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture, the Deputy Director facilitated the detection and removal of over 3000 fake employers from the Service thereby saving the government millions of naira in terms of salaries and emoluments.

The NDLEA officer, Ahmad, was recognised for demonstrating the highest ideals and standards of the public service in the discharge of his responsibilities.

Also a recipient of the Chairman/Chief Executive Award for Outstanding Performance and Integrity, Ahmad recently recovered and declared to his Agency the sum of 24,500 USD offered to him as bribe by a drug baron to compromise an investigation of 27.950 kg of cocaine, worth billions of naira

Nweke, the Nigerian PhD student in Japan who found a wallet containing a very large amount of money and other valuables returned it to the Japanese police.

He declined 10 per cent of the money offered to him as a reward.

The Nigerian, who joined the event virtually from his base in Japan, was recognised for his act of ‘‘honesty and integrity,’’ by the President.

On Nweke, President Buhari said:

‘‘I am also happy to note the ICPC special award to Ikenna Steve Nweke, a Nigerian Ph.D student from Imo State studying in Japan.

‘‘He has done Nigeria proud in far-away Japan by displaying traditional Nigerian values of honesty and integrity and returning a wallet containing a very large sum of money and other valuables to the police.

‘‘He also declined 10% of the money found as a reward offered to him.

‘‘I join the ICPC in declaring him ICPC CITIZENS ANTI-CORRUPTION VOLUNTEER GROUP ICON.

‘‘He is indeed an icon and a beacon for our youths. I also congratulate all those to be awarded the ICPC Certificate of Integrity through their agencies.’’

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
November 30, 2021

https://www.facebook.com/100044604366356/posts/431311491698993/?flite=scwspnss

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by Malory: 3:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
Which Buhari? Has the lifeless returned the 25 billion he stole in his time as PTF chairman during Abacha regime. A bloody coupist

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by daddytime(m): 3:06pm On Nov 30, 2021
Broken record.

He needs to change his perfume for a new body language abi na body odour we go call am.

19 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 3:24pm On Nov 30, 2021
[s]
Malory:
Which Buhari? Has the lifeless returned the 25 billion he stole in his time as PTF chairman during Abacha regime. A bloody coupist
[/s]
Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 3:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
[s]
daddytime:
Broken record.

He needs to change his perfume for a new body language abi na body odour we go call am.
[/s]
Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by decasey(m): 3:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
Since 2015 he is still vowing to deal with them, useless president ever.

37 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2021
This Buhari is a very funny man I swear

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by HEAVEN4444: 3:35pm On Nov 30, 2021
grin
Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by merits(m): 3:35pm On Nov 30, 2021
grin fallacy at is peak.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by optionalY09: 3:35pm On Nov 30, 2021
at daybreak i will use the toilet
Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by Americafighter: 3:35pm On Nov 30, 2021
Mumu man.. I curse one of my friend shouting 4+4 for apc in osun yesterday.. suffer no dey tire una

Meanwhile
Thunder fire the admin that ban me for 2 weeks.... Ban me again and lose your left eye

9 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by Mokason288(m): 3:36pm On Nov 30, 2021
BUhari you can’t do more than a dead rat

The annoying part is that some Zombies still trust and believe this failure

And Most of those Zombies are graduates

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by 1Alex: 3:36pm On Nov 30, 2021
What about corrupt politicians?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by WallpaperGuy: 3:36pm On Nov 30, 2021
Mtchew shey na today

9ja no fit change, if common Nigerian wey no gree repent like this gal talk more of people at the helm
In other news this banny no wan learn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXLrFDl_L8E
Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by ogododo: 3:36pm On Nov 30, 2021
Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by wallay77(m): 3:36pm On Nov 30, 2021
Sanction urself first...

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2021
the peoples president
the slayer of ndi mkpuru mmiris
speak the language they understand biko
Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by BigDolph(m): 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2021
Lead by example mr president
Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by Stevosty: 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2021
Vow, to, will, yet nothing nothing, abeg do make you park your bags. Everything is on the high side, yet no solution proffered, we are tired of your government

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by BlaqJosh: 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2021
He keeps on vowing. Mr vower

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by Deborah98(f): 3:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
@op bia what's doing you ,why you dey cancel peoples comment undecided... Aren't they stating the obvious and fact. If truly he's in for a corrupt free government then he should start from his own cabinet and stop singing this already stale story of getting rid of corruption. We've been hearing this over and over and yet nothing is being done sad..

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by sterlingD(m): 3:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
And it is Audio upon Audio all over again

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by Fucklove(m): 3:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by salbis(m): 3:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
This man just dey vow anyhow and nothing go happen.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by Onyiiobi7735(m): 3:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
grin
Malory:
grin
Malory:
Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by dododawa1: 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2021
Inside or outside CORRUPTION
Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by slowice(m): 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2021
He's probably the only one he's deceiving... grin
Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by Bobotic(m): 3:41pm On Nov 30, 2021
Na yourself you go first sanctioned Oga grin

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by Fucklove(m): 3:41pm On Nov 30, 2021
Bubu should start from his mistress, sadiya farouq. The most corrupt shameless woman on earth. That Npower money wey she seize will choke her to death angry angry sad
Re: President Buhari Vows To Sanction Corrupt Public Servants by DOTian: 3:41pm On Nov 30, 2021
I have a feeling he will be saying the same thing 24 hours to his handover...

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Snake Called GodsWill Akpabio / 24 Hours Curfew In Kaduna Lifted!!! / Enugu Massacre (graphics Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.