Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,916 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl (524 Views)

Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" / Have You Ever Had The Opportunity Of Living Nigeria Eventually Didn't Work Out? / I Got The Opportunity To Travel To Finland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by BunmiBie: 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
Looking back at 2019, I have a sis that processed Canada Express Entry and everything got settled in 6-7months.

One of my husband's friend also applied for MSc in Germany, which worked out on time.

Therefore, if there is anything I would love to change or do differently in 2019, it would be trying out Canada express entry or applying for MSc in Canada.

If not for UK, alot of people will find it difficult to travel out of the country.
Covid affected finances, opening of border, and the likes.

So, let's here from you.
Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by kinglee007(m): 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2021
Will our memory of now be intact when we go back?
Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by BunmiBie: 3:59pm On Nov 30, 2021
kinglee007:
Will our memory of now be intact when we go back?

YES grin
Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by adebayour26: 4:00pm On Nov 30, 2021
BunmiBie:
Looking back at 2019, I have a sis that processed Canada Express Entry and everything got settled in 6-7months.

One of my husband's friend also applied for MSc in Germany, which worked out on time.

Therefore, if there is anything I would love to change or do differently in 2019, it would be trying out Canada express entry or applying for MSc in Canada.

If not for UK, alot of people will find it difficult to travel out of the country.

So, let's here from you.

Of all the years, why 2019?
Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by ekanx27(m): 4:01pm On Nov 30, 2021
I know this question was asked because of Nigeria Election. A costly mistake that everyone that placed his/her finger in that HayPeeSee ballot space made. But what do I know?

Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by BunmiBie: 4:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
adebayour26:

Of all the years, why 2019?

That was the last year before the prevalent of covid and declaration of lockdown by countries...

1 Like

Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by BunmiBie: 4:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
ekanx27:
I know this question was asked because of Nigeria Election. A costly mistake that everyone that placed his/her finger in that HayPeeSee ballot space made. But what do I know?

I am not a political person...I have never casted a vote in Nigeria because doing so is useless.
So...

1 Like

Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by adebayour26: 4:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
BunmiBie:

That was the last year before the prevalent of covid and declaration of lockdown by countries...

Okay, now I get it but @kinglee007 asked a question which is most important to any decision we would wish to make.

Cos if our memories (of now) are not intact, some people will still end up who/where they are today.
Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by BunmiBie: 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2021
adebayour26:

Okay, now I get it but @kinglee007 asked a question which is most important to any decision we would wish to make.

Cos if our memories (of now) are not intact, some people will still end up who/where they are today.

Well, from what we have seen so far since 2019, we should be able to detect something we can do differently that will yield a better result.

It's like a wish anyway cos it's even impossible...
Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by ekanx27(m): 4:13pm On Nov 30, 2021
BunmiBie:

I am not a political person...I have never casted a vote in Nigeria because doing so is useless.
So...

You people should Sha be praying for us to join you. Anywhere outside Nigeria is welcome.
Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by BunmiBie: 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
ekanx27:

You people should Sha be praying for us to join you. Anywhere outside Nigeria is welcome.

If you know how tough it gets to go out now coupled with our tarnished image out there. This brought about this thought.

Right now we are planning to go in January but look at the new omicron, which makes it seems like many countries will close their border against Nigeria too.

I pray God will intervene and make everything go well with all of us.
Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by adebayour26: 4:34pm On Nov 30, 2021
BunmiBie:

Well, from what we have seen so far since 2019, we should be able to detect something we can do differently that will yield a better result.

It's like a wish anyway cos it's even impossible...
Hmmmmmm... If and only if.

Ah, I would really have wished because for me, it could change a lot of things for me.
Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by BunmiBie: 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2021
adebayour26:

Hmmmmmm... If and only if.

Ah, I would really have wished because for me, it could change a lot of things for me.

You see!
Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by adebayour26: 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2021
BunmiBie:

You see!
Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by ednut1(m): 5:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
BunmiBie:

So, let's here from you.
this uk movement. I dont trust those people. After the 2 years post grad stuff many will have to return home. Unless they can go into careers in high demand. Immigration is getting harder by the day. I fear one day revolution . Even oyinbo don wise and wont fall in love when you dont have papers unlike in the past. Nawa
Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by kinglee007(m): 5:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
BunmiBie:

YES grin

Then in that case;
1) Prepare myself and family for the upcoming 2020 pandemic. Save all we can and store all that we can.
2) Opportunities that i ignored and later had regrets, God knows i won't waste time in grabbing them.
3) Warn Kobe, TB. Joshua, Racheal Oniga and the rest i can't remember now to llive a good life. Can't tell them what to do to avoid their death cos it might alter the course of life and cause more harm. Also, eventually they will still die last last.
4) Another great opportunity at life to correct my wrongs and possibly make peace not war.
5) Still won't vote for APC (though i doubt it will change anything). They will still rig. The rigging no be 2019 preparation. Na something wey they don plan down tey tey.

For now, this are the few i can possibly do. Let's go back first, the rest will kick in.

See me thinking like a 5 year old sef...
ABEG I DON'T CARE!!!

2 Likes

Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by BunmiBie: 5:14pm On Nov 30, 2021
ednut1:
this uk movement. I dont trust those people. After the 2 years post grad stuff many will have to return home. Unless they can go into careers in high demand. Immigration is getting harder by the day. I fear one day revolution . Even oyinbo don wise and wont fall in love when you dont have papers unlike in the past. Nawa

This is why I can't waste my money on Uk.
Like you said, in the next two to three years many people will come back to regret going to UK.

The whole thing is a game. Bring your money and enjoy three years in our land.

Except for people who will study health related and IT courses.

Another option is to start processing another better country from there.

Another thing is to pray for divine favour to get a sponsor.

Others will come back home or go to another Africa country to hide their head.

The truth is it's not easy to get a sponsor in UK. Before now, many people who had studied in UK came back to Nigeria because they couldn't get an employer that can sponsor them. So, why would that change all of a sudden.

It's well
Oga Ednut, you are one or the lucky people. You know what people passthrough now to enter Canada
Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by BunmiBie: 5:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
kinglee007:

Then in that case;
1) Prepare myself and family for the upcoming 2020 pandemic. Save all we can and store all that we can.
2) Opportunities that i ignored and later had regrets, God knows i won't waste time in grabbing them.
3) Warn Kobe, TB. Joshua, Racheal Oniga and the rest i can't remember now to llive a good life. Can't tell them what to do to avoid their death cos it might alter the course of life and cause more harm. Also, eventually they will still die last last.
4) Another great opportunity at life to correct my wrongs and possibly make peace not war.
5) Still won't vote for APC (though i doubt it will change anything). They will still rig. The rigging no be 2019 preparation. Na something wey they don plan down tey tey.

For now, this are the few i can possibly do. Let's go back first, the rest will kick in.

See me thinking like a 5 year old sef...
ABEG I DON'T CARE!!!

A whole lot to change grin
Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by kinglee007(m): 5:28pm On Nov 30, 2021
BunmiBie:

A whole lot to change grin

A whole lot.

1 Like

Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by ednut1(m): 5:29pm On Nov 30, 2021
BunmiBie:

This is why I can't waste my money on Uk.
Like you said, in the next two to three years many people will come back to regret going to UK.

The whole thing is a game. Bring your money and enjoy three years in our land.

Except for people who will study health related and IT courses.

Another option is to start processing another better country from there.

Another thing is to pray for divine favour to get a sponsor.

Others will come back home or go to another Africa country to hide their head.

The truth is it's not easy to get a sponsor in UK. Before now, many people who had studied in UK came back to Nigeria because they couldn't get an employer that can sponsor them. So, why would that change all of a sudden.

It's well
Oga Ednut, you are one or the lucky people. You know what people passthrough now to enter Canada
next year, Canada would do normal. There is a big staff shortage in the country. The immigration people have a huge backlog so they paused invites. Today alone 3 recruiters on indeed have messaged me

1 Like

Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by BunmiBie: 5:55pm On Nov 30, 2021
ednut1:
next year, Canada would do normal. There is a big staff shortage in the country. The immigration people have a huge backlog so they paused invites. Today alone 3 recruiters on indeed have messaged me

Wow! This a good news then.
Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by ekanx27(m): 6:32pm On Nov 30, 2021
BunmiBie:

If you know how tough it gets to go out now coupled with our tarnished image out there. This brought about this thought.

Right now we are planning to go in January but look at the new omicron, which makes it seems like many countries will close their border against Nigeria too.

I pray God will intervene and make everything go well with all of us.

It is well

1 Like

Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2021
BunmiBie:

[/b] If not for UK, alot of people will find it difficult to travel out of the country.[b]

So, let's here from you.
The bolded
Why did you say that .?
Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by BunmiBie: 7:26pm On Nov 30, 2021
Differentiate:

The bolded
Why did you say that .?

Covid affected alot of things now.
For instance, Australia and some other countries locked down for a very long time, even if you have visa you can't go.

Some people couldn't raise funds due to the effect of covid on economy but with UK, proof of funds is easy to runz. So no much issue
Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by orbgoblin: 9:22pm On Nov 30, 2021
Put 4million on cardano.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by tranxo(m): 11:23am On Dec 02, 2021
BunmiBie:

So, let's here from you.
Stock up on Dodge

1 Like

Re: If You Have The Opportunity To Go Back To Jan 2019, What Would You Do Differentl by Felixnyle: 1:54pm On Dec 02, 2021
For me January 2016 not January 2019.
There are decisions I would have taken.

BunmiBie:

So, let's here from you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Discover Uyo Akwa Ibom State (drone Shot) / . /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.