Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,529 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi (42270 Views)

2021 Ballon D’or: It Was Lewandowski’s Award – Darren Bent / Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi / Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by Kingcalls: 9:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Those that claim Lewandoski should have won, should logically explain how Messi with the best individual stats ended 5th in 2018.

For those that said, Sanchez should have won Balon D'or for winning Copa America in 2016.....please read and stop misleading others.

In 2016, Sanchez had a good stats. Was his individual performance Balon D'or worthy despite his 48goals and assists combined? No, because others had better stats. In 2016, winning Copa America was not enough to get Sanchez nominated because his individual performance was dwarfed by other players compare to Messi whose individual stats can only be matched by Lewandoski in 2021.

In 2016, Sanchez was not EPL top Scorer nor Best Player but in 2021, Messi topped goal chart in Spain.

In 2016, Sanchez was Copa America Best Player while in 2021, Messi was not just the Best Player in Copa America but also topped goal chart.

Look at the screenshot carefully, In 2016, Messi had 51 goals plus 29 assists which means he was involved in 80 goals and assists.

while Ronaldo had 44goals and 16 assists which means he was involved in 60 goals and assists.

Messi had a better individual stats in 2016 but Ronaldo backed his with UCL & Euros.

Now compare Sanchez's stats with those that were nominated let's see if he would even stand a chance.

Personally, I feel bad for Lewandoski cos he should have won 2020 without a fight but unfortunately, he can't win 2021 out of pity. It wasn't Messi fault that the organizers cancelled it.

He won the champions league and the Euros, finished 2nd in the league was top scorer with 15 goals in the champions league, scored the opener in the semis of the Euros and assisted with the 2nd goal... overturned a 2 goal deficit in the first leg of the champions league quater final and scored a hattrick on the 3.0 2nd leg win... scored the winning penalty on the final against Atletico... now compare that with this nonsense they did this year... champions league is not by goals alone, but how important the player was in winning major trophies...copa no b major trophy...its in the same category with afcon... Euros is In the same category with world cup .... how many South American players made the list?? Suarez messi neymar the rest Europeans

1 Like

Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by NaWa4Lyf: 9:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

The thing pain you no be small grin
who is this Messi slave?
Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by Malory: 9:57pm On Nov 30, 2021
Chochovini:
. Point of correction “He was robbed NOT lost.
Yeah
Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by Malory: 10:00pm On Nov 30, 2021
rastaLivity:
stop acting like a spokesperson, speak only for yourself
It is easy to know a hooligan when he speaks
Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by LabelKiller(m): 10:01pm On Nov 30, 2021
Kingcalls:

He won the champions league and the Euros, finished 2nd in the league was top scorer with 15 goals in the champions league, scored the opener in the semis of the Euros and assisted with the 2nd goal... overturned a 2 goal deficit in the first leg of the champions league quater final and scored a hattrick on the 3.0 2nd leg win... scored the winning penalty on the final against Atletico... now compare that with this nonsense they did this year... champions league is not by goals alone, but how important the player was in winning major trophies...copa no b major trophy...its in the same category with afcon... Euros is In the same category with world cup .... how many South American players made the list?? Suarez messi neymar the rest Europeans

you too dey yarn dust. Copa dey the same level with afcon LMAO
No afcon team has reached the world cup finals. stop the cap. you have been crying all day get some rest.
The team with the most world cups is from south America
first team to win world cup is from south America.
Carry your dust clean your face.

Stop disguising behind lewandoski.
And to those saying I'm a true Messi fan but Messi no deserve am. stop the cap abeg, we can literally read the tears in your voice
Ronaldo came second in goal 50 which was voted by fans the irony lol

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by senatrpaichulo(m): 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
Kingcalls:

Why dint they give messi striker of the year in 2010, 2012, 2019....na now morning reach
it's not just about scoring, Messi once scored most and still lost to cristiano. Messi dribbles, passes , shot on target and so many stats. Lewandoski is just goals, this is not what should make one win . Nawaooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by Kingcalls: 10:10pm On Nov 30, 2021
senatrpaichulo:
it's not just about scoring, Messi once scored most and still lost to cristiano. Messi dribbles, passes , shot on target and so many stats. Lewandoski is just goals, this is not what should make one win . Nawaooo

He lost to Ronaldo cos Ronaldo won champions league.... every single time Ronaldo won it, it was cos he won champions league... messi won 4 without champions league... just cos he scored goals

1 Like

Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by femi4: 10:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
Kingcalls:

What record did he break in copa ?? Players have scored more goals in the copa...in 99 Rivaldo won it , was top scorer and best player, so how is it breaking of record??
Go n check, you have data

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by OJEEMAH(m): 10:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
LabelKiller:

you too dey yarn dust. Copa dey the same level with afcon LMAO
No afcon team has reached the world cup finals. stop the cap. you have been crying all day get some rest.
The team with the most world cups is from south America
first team to win world cup is from south America.
Carry your dust clean your face.

Stop disguising behind lewandoski.
And to those saying I'm a true Messi fan but Messi deserve. stop the cap abeg, we can literally read the tears in your voice
Ronaldo came second in goal 50 which was voted by fans the irony lol grin
i didn't even bother to reply cos na trash e write there.

was there ever a time they said UCL is the major criteria for Balon D'or??

In 2004, Ronaldinho defeated Henry without winning the UCL even though Henry had the best individual stats in Europe

Ronaldo won FIFA Best winning just Copa America in 97

Rivaldo did same in 99.

Were they blind when Messi was powering that average Barcelona team last season by scoring crucial and matching winning goals week in, week out??

Still went to Copa America to do wonders.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 30, 2021
Kingcalls:
They said its because of copa... so y dint suarez win it in 2011 , he won copa abd also had a brilliant season with Liverpool....it went to Messi, 2015 sanchez won it , also had a decent season with arsenal, he wasn't even nominated, Messi won it... lets bet it , if psg is knocked out in the round of 16 , and messi ends the season with 20 goals , and gets to the semi final of the world cup .... they will give it to him again .... this time , they will say he had a brilliant season despite joining a new team for the first time in his career , he won the league , French Cup and scored 20 goals in a season and also got to the semi of world cup grin.... then the winners of world cup will come second grin grin .... joke of an award

Was Suarez the highest goalscorer, highest 'assister,' and Player of the tournament? Messi not only won the Copa, he dominated all awards of that tournament. He won 4 Man of the match awards out of 7 matches played.. He deserves it 100%!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 30, 2021
Christane:
Lewandowski was robbed of z Ballon dor all becus of Messi ..the Ballon dor award was cancelled last year all becus of the pandemic cus Lewandowski was suppose to win it .if Messi was d favourite to win it last year I bet u d ceremony will not be cancelled ...becus d organisers love Messi ...2021 Lewy deserve to win it bt it was awarded to Messi all becus he won Copa America ...the organiser love Messi Nd just give the award to who dey love not by merit .... Lewandowski was robbed

You all are just Ronaldo and Man Utd fans hiding behind Lewandowski. Messi won 27 man of the match awards out of 50 matches. How many did Lewa and the others win? Anyway, you can keep wailing �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by rastaLivity: 10:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
Malory:
It is easy to know a hooligan when he speaks
just like it’s easy to spot a self elected agbero spokeman grin

1 Like

Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by jaxxy(m): 10:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
EyezofGod120:
grin coronavirus don shenk you lenwadowki,,try next season,,if care is not taking messi go still collect am

The made in France scam?? grin

Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by mastermaestro(m): 11:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
Keep the tears coming. I can assure you that the federal government in its magnanimity has provided drums for the 36 states of the federation to save your tears which would be useful to farmers in this dry season. cheesy

Envious souls! Messi has the award. Cry me an ocean. cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by Kingcalls: 11:13pm On Nov 30, 2021
Siwel25:

Was Suarez the highest goalscorer, highest 'assister,' and Player of the tournament? Messi not only won the Copa, he dominated all awards of that tournament. He won 4 Man of the match awards out of 7 matches played.. He deserves it 100%!

Won man of the match against out of form Uruguay that will most likely miss the world cup so as Chile, then Ecuador and Bolivia... then it got to Colombia and Brazil, and he ghosted all thru... nonsense
Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 30, 2021
Legalcriminal:
Even Lewa is not pained in the ass like this Penaldo fanboys
go back and understand the quiet criticism in his message. He made it clear that people voted for who dey love and not who actually merited it.
Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 30, 2021
Christane:
Lewandowski was robbed of z Ballon dor all becus of Messi ..the Ballon dor award was cancelled last year all becus of the pandemic cus Lewandowski was suppose to win it .if Messi was d favourite to win it last year I bet u d ceremony will not be cancelled ...becus d organisers love Messi ...2021 Lewy deserve to win it bt it was awarded to Messi all becus he won Copa America ...the organiser love Messi Nd just give the award to who dey love not by merit .... Lewandowski was robbed
ewu them no vote undecided which one be organisers love messi penaldo fans rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

The thing pain you no be small grin
am not a lewandoski fan but the guy deserve it
Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
emae009:

Messi is retiring with 10 Ballon d'Or. The disrespect was too much.
grin no be lie bros, all dis pendu boys/slaves no wan respect Oga at the top WTF

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 30, 2021
franciskaine:
go back and understand the quiet criticism in his message. He made it clear that people voted for who dey love and not who actually merited it.
easy ur pressure grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
kenex4ever:

Lol it's not given by sentiment but by performance
if lewandoski was from Spain or other good football countries he would have won
Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 30, 2021
Quantized92:
Your analogy doesn't correlate.
why can't u write ur own than pointing finger on someone else own
Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 30, 2021
AyelalaOo:
that's why you're an African slave. You can't be given such opportunity to choose.
U too an African slave
Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by kellyezekiel1997(m): 11:55pm On Nov 30, 2021
Kingcalls:
They said its because of copa... so y dint suarez win it in 2011 , he won copa abd also had a brilliant season with Liverpool....it went to Messi, 2015 sanchez won it , also had a decent season with arsenal, he wasn't even nominated, Messi won it... lets bet it , if psg is knocked out in the round of 16 , and messi ends the season with 20 goals , and gets to the semi final of the world cup .... they will give it to him again .... this time , they will say he had a brilliant season despite joining a new team for the first time in his career , he won the league , French Cup and scored 20 goals in a season and also got to the semi of world cup grin.... then the winners of world cup will come second grin grin .... joke of an award

You have a point there my brother.
It all started in 2010, Wesley Sneijder of Inter-Milan won the treble and came second at the world cup what happened.......
2011 a good season for Suarez.......
2013 for Ribery of Bayern..( it went to CR7: that was totally unfair)
2018 CR7 but it went to Modriç
2019 Both Salah and Mane were completely Outstanding but it went to Messi......

France football award is another thing.
That's why FIFA pulled out of it.

1 Like

Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by kellyezekiel1997(m): 11:59pm On Nov 30, 2021
Siwel25:

You all are just Ronaldo and Man Utd fans hiding behind Lewandowski. Messi won 27 man of the match awards out of 50 matches. How many did Lewa and the others win? Anyway, you can keep wailing �

Including match awards that Greizman and Pedri deserved to win as well.
What happened......it still went to Messi.
Football na pure Business na we wee de here neva understand am that way.
Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by Okhuadams(m): 2:44am On Dec 01, 2021
damilola4162:
Lionel Messi, on Monday night, November 29, beat Beryen Munich striker Robert Lewandowski and other players to win the 2021 Ballon d'Or award, for the seventh time, Newspremises reports.

Lewandowski was pipped to the Ballon d’Or by Lionel Messi while Chelsea’s Jorghino came third, and Cristiano Ronaldo came a distant sixth.

Lewandowski lost the Ballon d’or to the Argentine Messi, who guided Argentina to their first international trophy in 28 years by winning the Copa America.

PSG forward Lionel Messi admitted that Robert Lewandowski “deserved to win the Ballon d’Or 2020” in his acceptance speech for the 2021 prize.

However, some football fans over the world have criticised the decision to hand Messi this year's Ballon d'Or, they claimed 'it's absolutely not deserved'.

They are of the opinion that Lewandowski deserve the award more then Messi.

Reactingto his 2021 Ballon D'or loss to Messi, Lewandowski took to his verified tweeter handle on Tuesday, to congratulate Messi and all nominated players, noting that, no Player can win an individual award without strongest team and loyal fans behind him. He thanked his fans for their support.

Lewandowski tweeted:

"Congratulations Leo Messi and @alexiaputellas winners of the #BallonDor2021, congratulations also to all nominated players! I won Striker of the Year Award and no Player can win an individual award without strongest team and loyal fans behind him. Thank you for your support."

In another post on Instagram, late Monday night, Lewandowski wrote;

“To start, I would like to congratulate Lionel Messi, Ballon d’Or Winner,”

“I want to thank every single journalist who voted for me, and believed that my achievements were important in 2021.

“I won Striker Of The Year Award and no player can win an individual award without the strongest team and loyal fans behind him. And for me it’s no different.

“I want to thank my club Bayern Munich for the platform they’ve given me to succeed and to achieve my dreams.

“I want to thank my teammates from the Polish National Team and from Bayern Munich. I also want to thank my fans for supporting me every single day it means a lot to me.

“And the most important thing, huge thanks to my family. Thank you Mom, thank you Anna – you are the love of my life and my best friend, thanks to my sister Milena and to my friends and management team for the continuous support, the foundation of my achievements.

Lionel Messi had collected the Ballon d’Or honor for a record sixth time in 2019 — one ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo — before the awards were cancelled in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Ronaldo did not attend Monday’s event at the Theatre du Chatelet in the French capital but responded to Ferre, the editor of France Football – organisers of the Ballon d’Or, on social media, saying he lied when he said Ronaldo's ambition was to have more ballon D'or titles than Lionel Messi.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/robert-lewandowski-reacts-after-losing-2021-ballon-dor-to-messi/
let's wait for FIFA player if the year that more authentic than thus balloon award organizat by a few French individuals in there sitting rooms just as PDP/APC organizes result

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by Bamzyriches451: 2:57am On Dec 01, 2021
Ojoro
Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by Krismas(m): 3:04am On Dec 01, 2021
Kingcalls:
grin Ballon D’or Have always being a very stupid award. Guess it’s time to scrap it.

2 Likes

Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by BluntCrazeMan: 5:01am On Dec 01, 2021
damilola4162:
Lionel Messi, on Monday night, November 29, beat Beryen Munich striker Robert Lewandowski and other players to win the 2021 Ballon d'Or award, for the seventh time, Newspremises reports.

Lewandowski was pipped to the Ballon d’Or by Lionel Messi while Chelsea’s Jorghino came third, and Cristiano Ronaldo came a distant sixth.

Lewandowski lost the Ballon d’or to the Argentine Messi, who guided Argentina to their first international trophy in 28 years by winning the Copa America.

PSG forward Lionel Messi admitted that Robert Lewandowski “deserved to win the Ballon d’Or 2020” in his acceptance speech for the 2021 prize.

However, some football fans over the world have criticised the decision to hand Messi this year's Ballon d'Or, they claimed 'it's absolutely not deserved'.

They are of the opinion that Lewandowski deserve the award more then Messi.

Reactingto his 2021 Ballon D'or loss to Messi, Lewandowski took to his verified tweeter handle on Tuesday, to congratulate Messi and all nominated players, noting that, no Player can win an individual award without strongest team and loyal fans behind him. He thanked his fans for their support.

Lewandowski tweeted:

"Congratulations Leo Messi and @alexiaputellas winners of the #BallonDor2021, congratulations also to all nominated players! I won Striker of the Year Award and no Player can win an individual award without strongest team and loyal fans behind him. Thank you for your support."

In another post on Instagram, late Monday night, Lewandowski wrote;

“To start, I would like to congratulate Lionel Messi, Ballon d’Or Winner,”

“I want to thank every single journalist who voted for me, and believed that my achievements were important in 2021.

“I won Striker Of The Year Award and no player can win an individual award without the strongest team and loyal fans behind him. And for me it’s no different.

“I want to thank my club Bayern Munich for the platform they’ve given me to succeed and to achieve my dreams.

“I want to thank my teammates from the Polish National Team and from Bayern Munich. I also want to thank my fans for supporting me every single day it means a lot to me.

“And the most important thing, huge thanks to my family. Thank you Mom, thank you Anna – you are the love of my life and my best friend, thanks to my sister Milena and to my friends and management team for the continuous support, the foundation of my achievements.

Lionel Messi had collected the Ballon d’Or honor for a record sixth time in 2019 — one ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo — before the awards were cancelled in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Ronaldo did not attend Monday’s event at the Theatre du Chatelet in the French capital but responded to Ferre, the editor of France Football – organisers of the Ballon d’Or, on social media, saying he lied when he said Ronaldo's ambition was to have more ballon D'or titles than Lionel Messi.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/robert-lewandowski-reacts-after-losing-2021-ballon-dor-to-messi/

Apart from the number of goals,, what else??
Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by oyeb15: 5:55am On Dec 01, 2021
Striker of the year makes no sense as an award. Ballon de law is given to players that have a lot of sponsorship rights. The organizers lost money when they gave it to Modric.
Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by kenex4ever(m): 6:09am On Dec 01, 2021
Englandboy:
if lewandoski was from Spain or other good football countries he would have won
You are wrong again.
Re: Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi by senatrpaichulo(m): 7:09am On Dec 01, 2021
Kingcalls:

He lost to Ronaldo cos Ronaldo won champions league.... every single time Ronaldo won it, it was cos he won champions league... messi won 4 without champions league... just cos he scored goals
check Messi stats, is it just goals? What about assist, passes, tackles won, and everyother thing. People often say, unless Messi win Copa America which they thought was impossible. The internet shook when he won it against Brazil. Besides Ballon D'or is by vote, who has more influence in the football world between Lewa and Messi?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Francis Uzoho: LA Liga Facebook Makes A Post In Pidgin English, Nigerians React / Why Is Gerard Pique Retiring? These Are The Four Main Reasons / Mikel Obi and Teammates Having Lunch Ahead Of Sunday Olympic Match With Sweden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.