Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen (33044 Views)

UNICAL Publishes Names Of 638 Students Withdrawn From The Institution / I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents / 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by lolu2019: 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2021
Harddiskng:

This just shows you are not informed. Do you know the number of private university graduates ruling the tech world in Africa, most of them are multi-millionaires in USD. Or it is your corrupt politicians you want to mentions as products of your “ivory towers”. Btw education there is very deplorable to say the least, I just don’t want to mention the name of the Federal University I attended, I was utterly disappointed; the cons were too much.

If only you know the standard of education in schools like Covenant, Landmark, even Babcock, you won’t write this nonsense.

Babcock - Paystack, Covenant - Piggyvest just to mention the most poplar from a very long list.

Again you are not informed all, educate yourself.

This is baseless, Educational system in Federal schools are flawed na who sabi cram pass and it could be she wasn’t just serious or found the environment unconducive.

After my undergraduate studies I could count the number of students from my set that were dragging draw (2.2), only to go aboard for further studies in schools of global repute and they came out topping their class there with distinction.

Quality of education pass quality of education, some people are not just built for this stress and nonsense you call education in Nigeria.
not everybody is built for shits.

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by ivandragon: 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2021
Lol.

Deep down, she wishes she graduated from Great Ife...

If it is not OAU, it cannot be OAU...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Emmerlee(m): 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2021
juniorstar:

What does this show u..that if you survive in OAU. You must be a legend!!

No. I think she sat up after that experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by jojothaiv(m): 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2021
Harddiskng:

some people are not just built for this stress and nonsense you call education in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Hassanmaye(m): 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2021
yusman14:
Me as a 300level first class engineering student of OAU,will surely never have a "B" grade in this Bowen university..not bragging!!
Only OAU students can understand.. Imagine someone that can't even maintain consecutive 1.0 CGPA in OAU having a first class in a private university...LMAO..
Schooling in a federal university is one of the most terrible and best experience someone can ever have..
Another bitter truth
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Agugbadin: 8:03pm On Dec 02, 2021
othermen:
Her life is better for it. She will get opportunities abroad, get a job, perhaps in the academics and do well for herself.

Again, the medical doctor that treated you last, probably graduated from Bowen or Covenant university… of coz you don’t care…where he/she graduated from.

…But because you want to say, you studied in UI or OAU, you are offered zoology or biochemistry in place of medicine and you just allow them. The fellow who didn’t even get close to the admission cut off mark at U.I eventually got distinction in MBBS abroad.

Don’t let Nigeria federal universities destroy your dreams or take away the dreams and aspirations of your young ones, if you have the fund, send them abroad, their brain is adequate to be whatever they want to be.

It does not mean that the guy did not get close to the university cut off mark, admission slots are reserved for candidates of university staff and others who are well connected. In all my concerns is contribution to knowledge which is far below expectation because with all the first class on Nigeria we are still scientifically and Technologically Backward.
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by juniorstar(m): 8:03pm On Dec 02, 2021
Emmerlee:

No. I think she sat up after that experience.
Quite true.she had it in her.but OAU was too hot for her.

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Harddiskng(m): 8:03pm On Dec 02, 2021
tete7000:

The only unfortunate thing is that the disorganization in the federal universities in Nigeria is the same level of disorganization you get in work environments in Nigeria and that is me talking out of experience. To survive in Nigeria, you must be mentally strong to withstand this level of madness.
My comment does not take it away that the lady is brilliant, only that she will need a great mental strength to survive work environment in this country, except she plans to work abroad.

No sensible person would want to work in Nigeria.

Even me sef don dey shoot my shot for International Business Consulting firms grin cheesy
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by oyatainer(m): 8:05pm On Dec 02, 2021
juniorstar:

ABSOLUTELY ANOTHER GREAT IFE is a COUNTERFEIT.

I have studied in two other universities after OAU, experience in OAU is incomparable to any here in Nigeria. The drilling and hectic experience are designed to mould you not to break you. The distinction is visible in my place of work now where handful of OAU products stand out.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by RodgersAkpafu: 8:05pm On Dec 02, 2021
flokii:
She was withdrawn from one of the top three unis in Nigeria.. alas here she is graduating as overall best in one of the glorified secondary schools called private unis in Nigeria.

For UI, UNILAG & OAU to withdraw your admission means you're not mentally fit to be in higher institution.. congrats to her all the same.
This is so not true

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by lolu2019: 8:05pm On Dec 02, 2021
EwuGambia:
OAU..... undecided
The school humble ma shaaaa.... undecided
Most brilliant boy from secondary come dey hustle for
pass mark for Uni.... angry.

blame ur parents that can't afford private universities.

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Newton2024: 8:06pm On Dec 02, 2021
flokii:

The Nigerian factor of neglect and lack of maintenance is what is killing our ivory towers.. you can't compare products of federal unis or state unis to private unis. The margin is too wide.

You don't know there is more to education than fine buildings and architectural designs.. the quality and relevance of training given is very important.

You realize she couldn't make up to 1.0 cummulative grade point average after 2-3 yrs right? that should tell you something is fundamentally wrong.
flokii:
She was withdrawn from one of the top three unis in Nigeria.. alas here she is graduating as overall best in one of the glorified secondary schools called private unis in Nigeria.

For UI, UNILAG & OAU to withdraw your admission means you're not mentally fit to be in higher institution.. congrats to her all the same.
juniorstar:

What does this show u..that if you survive in OAU. You must be a legend!!

Ignorance + fallacy

I have tasted both public and private higher institutions and I can sincerely tell you that private is better. You people can't know this because you don't want to know.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Albertone(m): 8:06pm On Dec 02, 2021
Harddiskng:

You are talking nonsense.

I have schooled in one of the top 3 private universities in Nigeria and I have also schooled in one of the top 3 Federal Universities in Nigeria and I would tell you these private universities trump Federal universities in terms of quality of education.

The poor organization in Federal University is enough for a poor performance. After my studies in one i swore never again.

I strongly disagree!
If you talk about comfort and convenience then yes, private unis are better.
But if we're talking about quality education,only Covenant university comes close.

Search for "top 10 universities in Nigeria 2021"
Asides covenant and maybe landmark university,you will never find a private university in the list.What does that tell you??

2 Likes

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Elsueno: 8:07pm On Dec 02, 2021
flokii:

Most federal university are full of sadistic & frustrated lecturers who feel u are competing with them & need to suffer. less than 20% of the lectures are kind & want what's best for the students!. if u have money either go private or send ur kids abroad. State universities are even better than Federal university with thier annual strikes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Achizzy7: 8:10pm On Dec 02, 2021
Private Uni nd 1st class na 5&6...

hw can i pay almost 500k fr skul fees nd nt come out with 1st class !!!

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by freeborn02: 8:10pm On Dec 02, 2021
isaiah4life:
The future is what again?

Lolz. Two women were fighting over a 19 year old boy yesterday. One was a 28 year old woman and the second one was 31 year old married woman.

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by kingsley3218(m): 8:14pm On Dec 02, 2021
This story no balance...walahi undecided
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by lolu2019: 8:14pm On Dec 02, 2021
Harddiskng:

I have schooled in one of the top 3 private universities in Nigeria and I have also schooled in one of the top 3 Federal Universities in Nigeria and I would tell you these private universities trump Federal universities in terms of quality of education.

The poor organization in Federal University is enough for a poor performance. After my studies in one i swore never again.
private schools students don't read with candles. constant electricity is sure.and that's enough reason to make a student do better.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by meobizy(f): 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2021
I’ve seen many stories of this sort. There is nothing new here. People get expelled close to their final years and decide to sit up when entering a new school to start fresh from second year. In most Nigerian schools lecturers reward students for taking academics serious. Don’t just read and pass, befriend the lecturers so you can soak knowledge from them. They’ll help you fight battles when their peers try to hold you back score-wise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Sikpa04(m): 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2021
Kudos to her!! I wish her success as she goes to face the labour market.

For those of us (fed & state uni graduates) here that still takes private Universities as glorified secondary school, I pity you. They're moving while we are here looking down on them.

Federal and state universities is just an environment filled with unhappy people, from lecturers down to students.

Most lecturers are sadist and many students are just struggling to survive and graduate. I just dislike the Fed. & State institution system in this country. It really needs to change.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2021
Sigggy:
OAU has proven to be a school filled with sadist lecturers with the number of dropouts making the news of late… I say a prayer to every OAU Students here cool

[color=#990000][/color] reporting trending campus gist since 1814

OAU is not a bad university, and the lecturers are probably no more sadist than lecturers elsewhere, even the Bowen she graduated from

The reason why the girl did well at Bowen is simple. She, as she said in her testimony, identified with the students who were doing well in her class, made friends with them, and learned from them. (That's how many mediocre students pass...they learn from the best, and the best teach them)

Also, having failed once, and been given a second chance to do it again, she worked hard so that she won't experience the disappointment of failing again. She got a second chance, she used it well.

Finally, most students think that university would be like secondary school. It isn't ....you have to learn how to study on your own, how to find out information on your own, and how to plan your time on your own, and how to work independently. Even the way you study is different...and you have to do all the above, now...not in a few months. Many students cannot hack it..so they fail, and then they blame the school, the lecturers, etc...but themselves.

The lecturers in OAU, again, aren't to blame. I myself have , when I was in university, passed through some of the lecturers who could be described as 'sadistic and hard', but once you get the idea that the reason why they are hard on students is that they want the best out of students(and indeed, one of my supposedly 'sadist' lecturers was also fond of giving us tips on how to study better as students in class)..and they want you to be passionate about the course as they are, and they want you to learn that work is not about pleasing them, but about learning to learn, then they won't seem so sadistic anymore.

A karate master once asked his student...why do you practice karate.

The student answered...I practice karate to practice karate.

The master answered...I am your student.

Lesson learned.

P.S I know two guys who failed out of one hard university...and ended up going to start over at similarly hard universites. And they passed. The lecturers at the new university were just as hard as the ones in the uni they left (one of them even ended up in UNN, which in some ways was prolly even harder.).

4 Likes

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by backnbeta(f): 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2021
othermen:
Her life is better for it. She will get opportunities abroad, get a job, perhaps in the academics and do well for herself.

Again, the medical doctor that treated you last, probably graduated from Bowen or Covenant university… of coz you don’t care…where he/she graduated from.

…But because you want to say, you studied in UI or OAU, you are offered zoology or biochemistry in place of medicine and you just allow them. The fellow who didn’t even get close to the admission cut off mark at U.I eventually got distinction in MBBS abroad.

Don’t let Nigeria federal universities destroy your dreams or take away the dreams and aspirations of your young ones, if you have the fund, send them abroad, their brain is adequate to be whatever they want to be.
Private university still has grades in Nigeria! You can say this about Afe Babalola, Covenant, Redeemers, Bowen and a few others, but some private unis are just trash! Sometimes again, it's all about the tuition. What you'll spend N200k on in UI may cost you 3M in a private university. If you don't have money, even if they offer you physiology in a public uni, you will manage it. BTW, I'm very familiar with both systems.

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 02, 2021
meobizy:
I’ve seen many stories of this sort. There is nothing new here. People get expelled close to their final years and decide to sit up when entering a new school to start fresh from second year. In most Nigerian schools lecturers reward students for taking academics serious. Don’t just read and pass, befriend the lecturers so you can soak knowledge from them. They’ll help you fight battles when their peers try to hold you back score-wise.

True...and I myself have seen it happen.
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by osazsky(m): 8:17pm On Dec 02, 2021
If OAU lecturer frustrate you my bro u go be like pry 3 student..if u are a fine girl.dear forget it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by isaiah4life(m): 8:17pm On Dec 02, 2021
cheesy

freeborn02:

Lolz. Two women were fighting over a 19 year old boy yesterday. One was a 28 year old woman and the second one was 31 year old married woman.
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Stevyne: 8:17pm On Dec 02, 2021
LordIsaac:

Words on marble! I wish I knew this far back 2008....I thought private schools were too expensive then.
Honestly, Person for don kuku go private university
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by KoshCAD: 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2021
Harddiskng:

You can deceive yourself sha.

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by ignis: 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2021
juniorstar:

What does this show u..that if you survived in OAU. You must be a legend!!

You must be dumb
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by DECHESS(m): 8:22pm On Dec 02, 2021
Harddiskng:

Fact, our federal universities are shit holes.
I am a leaving testimony.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 02, 2021
flokii:

Oh if only you knew how useless Nigerian owned institutions are....Sad!
Shut up sometime, what you don't know, pass u.
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Timagex(m): 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2021
yusman14:
Me as a 300level first class engineering student of OAU,will surely never have a "B" grade in this Bowen university..not bragging!!
Only OAU students can understand.. Imagine someone that can't even maintain consecutive 1.0 CGPA in OAU having a first class in a private university...LMAO..
Schooling in a federal university is one of the most terrible and best experience someone can ever have..

Oau Nobi anybody mate o. I know Wetin my eye see... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2021
Sigggy:
OAU has proven to be a school filled with sadist lecturers with the number of dropouts making the news of late… I say a prayer to every OAU Students here cool

[color=#990000][/color] reporting trending campus gist since 1814

I graduated from OAU. 90%of lecturers over there are sadists

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Post Jamb / How Students Observed Social Distancing During An Examination In Anambra (Video) / Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike Ikwo Ebonyi In Pictures! An Eyesore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.