Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,751 members, 7,806,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? (2668 Views)

Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? / 20 False Doctrines In Churches Today- By Apostle Joseph Udoh / Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by tctrills: 10:01am On Dec 01, 2021
I am not aiming to incite a religious conflict or get people to denounce or criticize a specific religious group. For the purpose of illuminating the essential characteristics of the Church of God, we must go to God's word for guidance. Keep in mind that the Bible says that by their fruits ye shall know them. What characteristics can you look for in a group that claims to be a genuine expression of Christianity?
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by Mide1data: 10:42am On Dec 01, 2021
HOLY SHIT

DLBC, RCCG, CPEC. I know these ones are still holy, just that you don't just go to any district.

WHAT DA BLEEP IS HAPPENNING
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:38am On Dec 01, 2021
tctrills:

I am not aiming to incite a religious conflict or get people to denounce or criticize a specific religious group. For the purpose of illuminating the essential characteristics of the Church of God, we must go to God's word for guidance. Keep in mind that the Bible says that by their fruits ye shall know them. What characteristics can you look for in a group that claims to be a genuine expression of Christianity?

Before Christianity God has foretold what will be the result when His word goes throughout the earth, Jesus only came to establish that program as preaching and teaching.
So what is expected of people who have been taught by the messenger of the Covenant?

We humans are imperfect due to our sinful nature {Romans 3:23} so we can't reflect the qualities of God's Holy Spirit in a perfect sense.
That's why Paul first listed the attributes of the flesh all of us are putting on {Galatians 5:19-21} and concluded by listing what is expected of those that will inherit everlasting life! Galatians 5:22-23

Of course we need time to meet up with this requirements, so God promised that we will be given a period of 1,000 years to meet up with His attributes as His beloved children. Revelations 20:1-3

Satan the deceiver doesn't want humans to understand all these so he has commissioned false religions claiming CHRISTIANS in order to mislead many people {Matthew 24:11} therefore the only way to distinguish between those on the side of Jesus and those on Satan's side is the RESULTS (FRUITS) of what the religions produce! Matthew 7:16-18

So Jesus' group will go round the earth with their teachings, of course Satan's agents will do the same.
Jesus' group will be preaching and teaching carrying the scriptures as the authority, Satan's agents will do the same.
Jesus' group will congregate themselves as worshipers of the true God, Satan's agents will do the same. Micah 4:1

But then, Jesus' group will help all those congregating with them to become effective preachers and teachers of the scriptures in all their neighbourhood {Matthew 28:19-20} while Satan's agents will only gather them without making effective workers in the field.

Jesus' group will unite all those under Jesus making them see one another as a global family where racism or politics mustn't thrive, while Satan's agents will leave their followers killing one another in the face of racism and politics. Micah 4:2

Jesus group will help those under their supervision to divert their excess earnings to production of food and information materials to be distributed globally among their fellow believers, while Satan's agents will use their excesses to build destructive devices they will use during conflicts.

Jesus' group will stop all those with them from enrolling in the military services nor think of using force or weapons for any reason whatsoever, while Satan's agents will not hinder their followers from picking up arms to kill their enemies. Micah 4:3

So if you look at all these religions from human standpoint you will never notice all these differences but when you listen to each of them you will find that Jesus' group are already waiting for Paradise as they're treating one another as brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers and children globally! Mark 10:29-30

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 01, 2021
Mide1data:

RCCG, I know these ones are still holy,

Some would disagree with you.
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by Kobojunkie: 1:09pm On Dec 01, 2021
tctrills:
None! undecided

Jesus christ condemned all doctrines and traditions of men as lies. Even the very idea of churches (built by men and manned by men) is of the doctrines and traditions of men, and not of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:31pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
None! undecided

So if God's only begotten Son failed to establish a group that will bear witness to his teachings {Act 1:8} how do you prove that he is truly the Son of God? Definitely you're indirectly denying the potency of God and His Son Jesus Christ! 1John 2:22

The only reason why a person is revered as "God" is the ability to organize worshipers in an orderly manner, so if you're saying the true God has failed to organize His worshipers then it simply means you don't BELIEVE (TRUST) in the potency of the one who promised to organize His worshipers during the time when other gods are thriving throughout the earth! Isaiah 2:2-4 compare to Micah 4:5

Well most of you just utter statements but don't know the implication of what you're saying! smiley
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by rastaLivity: 2:36pm On Dec 01, 2021
Certainly not Christ embassy
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:01pm On Dec 01, 2021
tctrills:

What characteristics can you look for in a group that claims to be a genuine expression of Christianity?
Anyone having an idea regarding this question?

tctrills take note! smiley
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Dec 01, 2021
rastaLivity:
No church/group/cult buiit and manned by men are of God. undecided
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by tctrills: 3:22pm On Dec 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Anyone having an idea regarding this question?

tctrills take note! smiley
Maybe no one knows
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by tctrills: 3:23pm On Dec 01, 2021
Mide1data:
HOLY SHIT

DLBC, RCCG, CPEC. I know these ones are still holy, just that you don't just go to any district.

WHAT DA BLEEP IS HAPPENNING
The question is, what would someone look out for in deciding which one is true
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by tctrills: 3:24pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
No church/group/cult buiit and manned by men are of God. undecided
So the answer is none?
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by tctrills: 3:25pm On Dec 01, 2021
rastaLivity:
What are the signs of the Lord's church?
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by tctrills: 3:26pm On Dec 01, 2021
Did Christ even set up a church or was it men that decided to set up churches after Christ?
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by tctrills: 3:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
If Jesus Christ set up a Church, what name was it called?
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by Kobojunkie: 3:32pm On Dec 01, 2021
tctrills:

So the answer is none?
Absolutely none of them! undecided

Jesus Christ's Church is built by Him. All those in this world are built and manned by men- they are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by tctrills: 3:39pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Absolutely none of them! undecided

Jesus Christ's Church is built by Him. All those in this world are built and manned by men- they are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God. undecided
So you are suggesting that we all stay in our homes. No need for church? How can you tell that no single church on earth represent's Christ
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by AntiChristian: 3:40pm On Dec 01, 2021
One thing i know is that the Church isn't one.

Even Christ is not one as some Christians call him God, some just son of God and some even call him an advanced Angel.

[Jesus said,] I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one. . . . I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me— so that they may be brought to complete unity.
(John 17:20–23)

Paul appealed:
I appeal to you . . . that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. (1 Corinthians 1:10)

But we have several thousands denomination and more are coming up daily!

Each Church would claim his is the correct one!
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On Dec 01, 2021
tctrills:

So you are suggesting that we all stay in our homes. No need for church? How can you tell that no single church on earth represent's Christ
1. Jesus Christ never instructed His followers to attend the churches in this world undecided

2. Jesus Christ never asked His followers to build for Him churches in this here world undecided

3. Jesus Christ said those who love Him are those who do as He asked then to. undecided
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:49pm On Dec 01, 2021
tctrills:

Did Christ even set up a church or was it men that decided to set up churches after Christ?

And I say also, unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Matthew 16:18

YES! Jesus established a church but said Satan will later devastate it with his agents {Matthew 13:25} but Jesus promised to return when all the religions have gone off course to reorganize his group {Luke 18:8} after the second century that all Jesus' close confidants are dead (sleeping in death according to Jesus' parable) Satan initiated a false religion claiming they're Christians and that's what most people know today. But because they're not connected to Christ or God's Holy Spirit they can't bear the FRUIT expected of true Christians. Matthew 7:16-18
So when Jesus returned in the year 1914 he began searching throughout all the religions in the world but all of them were arrogant, none was willing to accommodate the spirit of God. That's why Jesus chose a group of men known back then as International Bible Students Association and began correcting them as they were willing to make amendments in their errors. All other religions were laughing at this group for their continuous amendments now and then, nobody knew that it's Jesus who is correcting them.
Today this group has gone throughout the world and they have formed one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers just as Jesus fervently prayed for! John 17:20-23

Well they're known globally today as Jehovah's Witnesses. Everyone even those antagonizing them can testify that there is LOVE in this group as they're ever ready to settle all their disparities amicably without resorting to force or weapons {John 13:34-35} but there is no country on this planet where this group is not vilified! Matthew 10:22; 24:12; John 15:19; 17:14-16

Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by tctrills: 4:13pm On Dec 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

And I say also, unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Matthew 16:18

YES! Jesus established a church but said Satan will later devastate it with his agents {Matthew 13:25} but Jesus promised to return when all the religions have gone off course to reorganize his group {Luke 18:8} after the second century that all Jesus' close confidants are dead (sleeping in death according to Jesus' parable) Satan initiated a false religion claiming they're Christians and that's what most people know today. But because they're not connected to Christ or God's Holy Spirit they can't bear the FRUIT expected of true Christians. Matthew 7:16-18
So when Jesus returned in the year 1914 he began searching throughout all the religions in the world but all of them were arrogant, none was willing to accommodate the spirit of God. That's why Jesus chose a group of men known back then as International Bible Students Association and began correcting them as they were willing to make amendments in their errors. All other religions were laughing at this group for their continuous amendments now and then, nobody knew that it's Jesus who is correcting them.
Today this group has gone throughout the world and they have formed one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers just as Jesus fervently prayed for! John 17:20-23

Well they're known globally today as Jehovah's Witnesses. Everyone even those antagonizing them can testify that there is LOVE in this group as they're ever ready to settle all their disparities amicably without resorting to force or weapons {John 13:34-35} but there is no country on this planet where this group is not vilified! Matthew 10:22; 24:12; John 15:19; 17:14-16

I love your story.. You mean up till 1914, one church was teaching the Gospel of Christ?
You seem to be saying that one sign of the true church is that it should be in every country?
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by tctrills: 4:15pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ never instructed His followers to attend the churches in this world undecided

2. Jesus Christ never asked His followers to build for Him churches in this here world undecided

3. Jesus Christ said those who love Him are those who do as He asked then to. undecided
I thought he built a church through Peter
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by tctrills: 4:16pm On Dec 01, 2021
AntiChristian:
One thing i know is that the Church isn't one.

Even Christ is not one as some Christians call him God, some just son of God and some even call him an advanced Angel.

[Jesus said,] I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one. . . . I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me— so that they may be brought to complete unity.
(John 17:20–23)

Paul appealed:
I appeal to you . . . that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. (1 Corinthians 1:10)

But we have several thousands denomination and more are coming up daily!

Each Church would claim his is the correct one!
How do we know the correct one
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On Dec 01, 2021
tctrills:

I thought he built a church through Peter
Through Peter? The same instructions He gave to Peter, He gave to all of His followers so why do you assume Jesus Christ built a church through Peter? undecided
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by tctrills: 4:19pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Through Peter? The same instructions He gave to Peter, He gave to all of His followers so why do you assume Jesus Christ built a church through Peter? undecided
Matt 16.18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by AntiChristian: 4:19pm On Dec 01, 2021
tctrills:

How do we know the correct one

Kobojunkie says none is correct!

MaxInDHouse say na Jehovah Witness.
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by tctrills: 4:23pm On Dec 01, 2021
AntiChristian:

Kobojunkie says none is correct!

MaxInDHouse say na Jehovah Witness.

Hence my question.. how can anyone tell? What are the signs of Christ''s church?
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On Dec 01, 2021
tctrills:

Matt 16.18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Jesus Christ said upon "this rock", how did we come to the conclusion that Peter is in fact "the rock"? undecided

Is this to say that Christ is not "the rock" on which His Church is built? undecided

The Church can't be built on both Peter and Jesus Christ, can it? undecided
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by tctrills: 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

So if God's only begotten Son failed to establish a group that will bear witness to his teachings {Act 1:8} how do you prove that he is truly the Son of God? Definitely you're indirectly denying the potency of God and His Son Jesus Christ! 1John 2:22

The only reason why a person is revered as "God" is the ability to organize worshipers in an orderly manner, so if you're saying the true God has failed to organize His worshipers then it simply means you don't BELIEVE (TRUST) in the potency of the one who promised to organize His worshipers during the time when other gods are thriving throughout the earth! Isaiah 2:2-4 compare to Micah 4:5

Well most of you just utter statements but don't know the implication of what you're saying! smiley
How did Jesus set up his Church? Was it before or after his death?
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by tctrills: 4:36pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ said upon "this rock", how did we come to the conclusion that Peter is in fact "the rock"? undecided

Is this to say that Christ is not "the rock" on which His Church is built? undecided

The Church can't be built on both Peter and Jesus Christ, can it? undecided
But then he built a church. What happened to his church? He left his followers with the instruction to go into all the world and preach the gospel. What gospel were they supposed to preach?
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by Ayo081(m): 4:42pm On Dec 01, 2021
tctrills:

But then he built a church. What happened to his church? He left his followers with the instruction to go into all the world and preach the gospel. What gospel were they supposed to preach?

Do you mean to say He made disciples?
Re: Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Dec 01, 2021
tctrills:
1. But then he built a church.
2. What happened to his church?
3. He left his followers with the instruction to go into all the world and preach the gospel. What gospel were they supposed to preach?
1.Jesus Christ said He will build His Church. undecided

2. John 15 vs 1 -11. I don't believe Jesus Christ intended, in anyway, for His Church to be monitored and managed by the will of men to begin with. undecided

3. The New Covenant Law which He Jesus Christ spent years teaching them. They were sent to go teach it only to those in the world...the unsaved. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Becoming A Candidate Of Heaven / "CHRISTIANITY NOT FOR NIGERIANS", SAID JESUS. / Why Deceive Yourselves, No Nigerian Can Go To Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.