Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,286 members, 7,780,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:40 PM

Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis (13490 Views)

N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday / Fuel Scarcity: Private Depots Hike Rates, Filling Stations May Sell Above ₦180 / Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by AdeniyiA(m): 4:32pm On Dec 01, 2021
Ofunaofu:
The government should continue the subsidy regime until crude oil is refined locally because if our refineries are working and we refine locally subsidy will go naturally

Unfortunately we have looters, cheaters and the senseless ruling us, they all should cover their face in shame as leaders who watch the nation's wealth wash down the drain everyday and refuse to do something about it.

Anywhere subsidy is being discussed and no mention of our refineries is never a sincere gathering...

Seriously if this intended policy is implemented and petrol sells as much as this and the country does not come to a halt... Then suffering will kill us all angry
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by zuchyblink(m): 4:39pm On Dec 01, 2021
Federal government are making Dangote's bed as usual,they want to make it look like Dangote is coming to rescue Nigerians if he starts selling fuel at #300.
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by MummyD2020(f): 4:41pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kuku kee persin
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by victorcompovine(m): 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2021
treesun:
Nigeria will hear it in 2022!

I told someone in my neighbourhood same thing but he argued, coupled with the fact that 2020 is their campaign year... Govt. will let all hell loose... lets be firm and prepared for the other nexxt level
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by chaloskyx: 5:25pm On Dec 01, 2021
sell it for 10k per liter nigerians would still buy just increases it already and get it over with
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by treesun: 5:42pm On Dec 01, 2021
hombre:
Nigerians and deceit.
Diesel that is fully deregulated isn't up to 360 yet and it is quoted to be more expensive than PMS. If that's the case, where are we getting the 340 naira per litre price tag from if PMS were to be fully deregulated?

Shame!!

They will increase diesel to N450 now!
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by Kingbeacon(m): 5:47pm On Dec 01, 2021
backbencher:
At the end of the day, the subsidy has to go.

My own is that it should have gone in 2012. By now, we would have been long since over the worst...plus back in 2012, government would have had far more money for palliatives for the first 2-3 years.

I leave with this quote on why keeping the subsidy is bad.

sauce; Fuel subsides in Nigeria: they are bad for the economy but the lifeblood of politicans. Originally published in the Conversation on November 4 2021

Summary

Nigeria, Africa’s biggest oil producer, has come under fire from the International Monetary Fund as well as World Bank for the heavy financial burden it carries in providing subsidies for fuel and kerosene. The criticism is rooted in the belief that the money could be better spent on other essential services, such as healthcare and education. The Conversation Africa’s Wale Fatade asks Steve Onyeiwu about fuel subsidies in Nigeria

LINK HERE

disclaimer

This is posted for information and education

I am not a supporter of APC or PDP. I am a supporter of fuel subsidy removal and have been for 11 years.

Critical comments are welcome, but not abuse, and not rhetorical questions. And if you are angry with your governments, take it up with them. I have no link to government at all.

The subsidy money will be looted period. To me its another way to carry out enough money laundering
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by dfrost: 5:55pm On Dec 01, 2021
streetsoldier1:

They wont. Nigerians are not wise enough to vote out APC, they love their oppressors

More like Stockholm's syndrome cheesy

1 Like

Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2021
hombre:
Nigerians and deceit.
Diesel that is fully deregulated isn't up to 360 yet and it is quoted to be more expensive than PMS. If that's the case, where are we getting the 340 naira per litre price tag from if PMS were to be fully deregulated?

Shame!!

The devil is in the details.

The importers of fuel(apart from NNPC, since under deregulation, everyone can import fuel again) would have to find their own forex to import and sell fuel...that's why the price might be higher.
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by Elsueno: 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2021
ityP:

Lmao. Trying to be smart by half. Keep shouting "subsidy removal", as if the money for the removal go dey your hands to use judiciously. That's how we heard "close borders", close borders now, beans don cost pass rice.

The way the backbencher dude defends his paymasters is very annoying. I find the vulture griller cooler, at least he ain't a hypocrite grin

1 Like

Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by Eddygourdo(m): 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2021
backbencher:

Good afternoon and do have a good one
get the Bleep off
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by InoGetJoy: 6:19pm On Dec 01, 2021
backbencher:

I agree with you that the government are a bunch of thieves but that does not change the fact that there are 4 to 6 other refineries nearly ready in addition to Dangote big refinery. There is also the BUA guy's own which can refine everything but PMS.

And NNPC is hurriedly fixing up its Warri and PH refineries

If we keep subsidy we will end up in more and more debt. Subsidy costs are going to shoot up to 3 trillion next year. Oil crude revenues are also not stable and cannot fully fund our budget. Oil has been too low below sustenance level. So subsidy has to go.

And I hate the idea by the way. But we effing have no choice.
I understand, but why does it have to be now when things are extremely hard for the common man?

The cost of petrol influences the cost of everything else because increasing the cost of fuel leads to an increase in the cost of everything else.

Why not wait till all the refineries are ready and producing before removing the subsidy?
That's my issue

1 Like

Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by Selfmotivated: 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2021
treesun:

https://punchng.com/petrol-may-sell-above-n340-litre-marketers-plan-imports-amidst-forex-crisis/
Dead country. We have enormous crude oil but we are suffering... Local man is tired
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 01, 2021
Elsueno:

The way the backbencher dude defends his paymasters is very annoying. I find the vulture griller cooler, at least he ain't a hypocrite grin

I wish I had paymasters.

I would be able to move into a mansion in Maitama instead of that one room I am managing

On a more serious note, I have been supporting subsidy removal for eleven years. Before that I was strongly opposed to removing subsidy

What woke me up was waking up to how damaging subsidy can be and how it pushes Nigeria into more and more debt. And the severe corruption and stealing inherent in the thing . Plus it is why we import fuel

I don't work for government or the oil sector. I have zero connections to goverment. All I have put up here is as the result of my reading and my observations on the matter.

And I wish that we could sell fuel fr twenty Nair a liter. But that is not possible

I don't advise you to read this link below. Don't read it.

https://theconversation.com/fuel-subsidies-in-nigeria-theyre-bad-for-the-economy-but-the-lifeblood-of-politicians-170966

Las las the key argument against subsidy payment is that we get the money to pay for subsides from crude oil which is also where we get the money for everything else. We need crude oil to be at 133 dollars per barrel to run a balanced budget. Right now it is below 80 dollars. And has never been above 100 dollars since 2014. When the price of crude is fluctuating like that , Nigeria ends up spending all available money on feeding the subsidy monster, and takes loans for the other stuff

Good evening.
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by ityP(m): 7:03pm On Dec 01, 2021
Elsueno:

He claims he isn't PDP or APC. But certain things give him away

1 Like

Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by ityP(m): 7:16pm On Dec 01, 2021
backbencher:

I wish I had paymasters.

I would be able to move into a mansion in Maitama instead of that one room I am managing

On a more serious note, I have been supporting subsidy removal for eleven years. Before that I was strongly opposed to removing subsidy

What woke me up was waking up to how damaging subsidy can be and how it pushes Nigeria into more and more debt. And the severe corruption and stealing inherent in the thing . Plus it is why we import fuel

I don't work for government or the oil sector. I have zero connections to goverment. All I have put up here is as the result of my reading and my observations on the matter.

And I wish that we could sell fuel fr twenty Nair a liter. But that is not possible

I don't advise you to read this link below. Don't read it.

https://theconversation.com/fuel-subsidies-in-nigeria-theyre-bad-for-the-economy-but-the-lifeblood-of-politicians-170966

Las las the key argument against subsidy payment is that we get the money to pay for subsides from crude oil which is also where we get the money for everything else. We need crude oil to be at 133 dollars per barrel to run a balanced budget. Right now it is below 80 dollars. And has never been above 100 dollars since 2014. When the price of crude is fluctuating like that , Nigeria ends up spending all available money on feeding the subsidy monster, and takes loans for the other stuff

Good evening.

"Removing fuel subsidies would also be good for the environment and safety on Nigerian roads. When motorists pay the full economic price for petrol, they will drive less, emit less pollution and reduce the incidence of road accidents".

This part of this article shows it was a total waste of reading time. Na this article you don dey overflog since Very funny grin
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2021
ityP:

He claims he isn't PDP or APC. But certain things give him away

Well, in 2011, when I was supporting GEJ's subsidy removal, maybe I was an PDP supporter too. Infact, back then, I kept quiet because I did not want to be identifed as a PDP supporter.

All right, here is an article by someone who isn't a APC supporter.

For the record, I don't back APC. Buhari is, to me, yesterday's man. He was also too old as far as I was concerned in 2015, and still am now.

Also, I don't like PDP and APC for the simple reason that neither party wants to take us off our dependency on oil. Both of them are oil sharing parties. So, I have always gone third party since 2003 (I didn't vote in 1999 due to logistics).

For a view of why I think the way i DO, see here and here. and also here

Again, here is the article I promised: The fuel subsidy dilemma by Simon Kolawole. His story mirrors my own.

Would you rather buy petrol at the market price — currently about N264/litre — but get quality healthcare and education in return? Or would you prefer to keep buying subsidised petrol — currently at N162/litre — but our public hospitals and schools will remain abysmal? This is the perennial predicament presented to Nigerians for the past three decades since the fierce argument over fuel subsidy began. From the days of Gen Ibrahim Babangida as military president, the subsidy debate, framed in different ways, has always been a source of fiery relationship between the government and the people. It has led to strikes, protests, riots and killings at various points.

Advertisement
I would love to enjoy the best of both worlds, so why should it be an either/or question? I would say I want to buy petrol at N162/litre and, at the same time, get quality education and fantastic healthcare. I want government-owned schools in Nigeria to be as good as state schools in the UK when it comes to modern classroom infrastructure and excellent instruction — and for free. I want government-owned hospitals to have the best of qualified and motivated doctors and other personnel, as well as the most modern of medical equipment, super-adequate hospital beds, and the best of care — topped up with free consultation, free treatment, free surgery and free drugs.

But there are serious problems with my choice because they are based on some outrageous assumptions. One, I am assuming that Nigeria is “rich” and, therefore, has enough money to fund petrol subsidy and still offer excellent healthcare and education to hundreds of millions of its citizens. I am ignoring the fact that the country now services its debts with over 90% of its revenue and is running on empty. Two, I am assuming that it is my birth right to buy cheaper fuel because Nigeria is an oil-rich country. That is why I think I should buy petrol at a price that is lower than what obtains in other countries, even though I bought my car at a price that was not subsidised.

On the other hand, if I argue that I should buy petrol at N264/litre and then begin to enjoy world-class healthcare and education for little or nothing, I am also making many ambitious assumptions. One, I am assuming that the money that would have been saved this year would have been spent by the government (federal and state) to improve social services. From experience, the money is more likely to go into building ultra-modern governor’s lodges and constructing airports than go into improving healthcare and education. Two, I am assuming that the government even has the capacity and the will to manage social services in a way that would be beneficial to the people on the streets.

Advertisement
Yet, the fuel subsidy burden is no longer a joke. According to analysts, the bill would likely hit N2tr by the end of 2021 as crude oil prices keep going up. NNPC says we are consuming 60m litres per day. The higher the crude oil price, the higher the petrol subsidy. We must have spent over N10tr on petrol subsidy in the last 10 years and I cannot say our lives have been bettered by that. Nigeria is practically bankrupt. At this rate, states may go to FAAC meeting one day and come back in tears. All kinds of ailments are surrounding us at the same time: low oil revenues, low FX inflow, high debts and a monumental subsidy bill. In the meantime, economic productivity is hampered by insecurity.

Anytime I look at the subsidy figures and what we could have done with the money, I am deeply saddened and conflicted. We are talking about $4bn potentially pumped into petrol subsidy in 2021 alone. Some would say it is equal to piling up tonnes of dollars and setting them on fire. If $4bn is split in two and injected directly, honestly and judiciously into education and health sectors alone, Nigerians would feel the impact and rejoice. Nigerians would see the result. But they are forced to ask: of all the times that subsidies have been removed with promises to fix hospitals, roads and schools, what was the outcome? Did our lives change for the better? What were the benefits?

I may be exaggerating, but I would say only once have fuel prices been raised and Nigerians could actually point to what was achieved with it. In October 1994, Gen Sani Abacha, then head of state, increased petrol price from N3.25k to N11 and dedicated N5/litre to the Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund (PTF), which he set up to utilise the gains. It was headed by Maj-Gen Muhammadu Buhari, who happens to be our current president. PTF built roads, equipped hospitals and did water projects, among others. You could see PTF signboards at project sites across the country. But the other instances of fuel subsidy removal only produced mass transit buses. The rest was mainly “audio”.

Advertisement
It is, therefore, always a herculean task preaching to ordinary Nigerians that they need to let go of fuel subsidy, no matter the fraud involved in the application. The subsidy removal campaign has been packaged in so many ways. I remember the campaign for “appropriate pricing” in the 1990s. The key point was that, like every product in the market, petrol (and other fuels) should be priced to reflect the cost of producing it. Later, it became “deregulation”. That was packaged as government no longer getting involved and allowing the private sector to run the show. As far as activists are concerned, it is all about inflicting more hardship on poor Nigerians. Any other thing is theory.

Government officials have also often said insensitive things while advancing the case. There was a media campaign under Babangida that “a bottle of Coke is more expensive than a litre of petrol”. What exactly was the point — comparing oranges with tennis balls? As Prof Olatunji Dare asked then, were Nigerians now drinking petrol in place of Coke since it was more affordable? One of Babangida’s ministers, Col David Mark, as he was, queried why students were demonstrating against fuel price hike “when they don’t own cars”. He probably thought they trekked from their village to their schools. All these arguments only led to more resistance from the unions and students.

There was the argument over smuggling. Because Nigeria was selling petrol below market price, the product was being smuggled to neighbouring countries for arbitrage. We were therefore subsidising the consumption of petrol by our neighbours. If the prices were the same all over, the incentive for smuggling and corrupting the security officers at our borders would be gone — naturally. This is a logical argument and makes perfect economic sense, but there was also a counter-argument by activists: that the government was indirectly saying it was incapable of policing our borders and Nigerians should thus be “punished” for a clear state failing. Something like passing the buck.

Let me now come clean: I was pro-fuel subsidy and I wrote persistently against it from my student days until January 2012 — when the government of President Goodluck Jonathan announced the deregulation of the downstream sector, which expectedly came with pump price increases. I was shocked at the people that were urging me to oppose the removal. Some of these people were openly canvassing deregulation. I started asking myself why they would campaign for something on TV and then nudge me to oppose it. It was when the entire subsidy scam, running into trillions of naira, became public knowledge that I began to understand what was going on. I retreated.

Advertisement
While we have been campaigning that the government should “protect” the poor by keeping petrol price low, we were playing into the hands of the fat cats as they were busy buying private jets. I landed at the Abuja airport one day in 2012 and was dazed by the number of private jets at the GAT. They were parked wing-to-wing. Most of the jet owners turned out to be subsidy scammers. When you asked them what they were doing for a living, they would say “oil and gas”. No physical office. No tank farm. No refinery. From that era, I began to show more interest in the workings of the subsidy regime. My conclusion since then has been that we were really protecting the rich.

That moment of truth did not turn me into an anti-subsidy campaigner. Rather, I began to ask myself what we should subsidise. I was no longer persuaded that petrol subsidy is the right thing. I would rather the money was pumped into other sectors. Let Nigerians enjoy quality healthcare and education at subsidised rates. Re-direct part of the fuel subsidy to public hospitals so that we can have the equipment, drugs and personnel to protect poor Nigerians from dying cheap deaths. Re-direct part of the fuel subsidy to fund education so that poor Nigerians can get world-class education while paying little or nothing. That is a more productive application of subsidy, I told myself.

But you know what? Stop the average Nigerians on the street today and ask them if they would rather pay more for fuel than receive better treatment at public hospitals and you are more like to hear them defend keeping fuel price at N162/litre. Why? It is not difficult to understand: they easily feel the impact of fuel price hike. If you promise them that the subsidy budget would be re-directed to create world-class hospitals, they would laugh at you and ask: “Na today? Is that not what they tell us all the time?” The average Nigerians do not think the government cares about them. They see themselves as neglected. They think they are only needed at election times because of their PVCs.

I will be honest: although I can analyse from now till tomorrow how good and pleasant it would be to re-direct the $4bn subsidy to social services, the truth is that it is the poor that would be hit the most, at least in the short run. Transport and food costs will go up instantly. Yet, we cannot continue sinking N2tr into petrol subsidy yearly. It is unsustainable. The biggest challenge is how to wean us off subsidy. Ghana is also oil-producing but sells petrol at N459/litre. They automatically adjust the pump price as crude price changes. Are Nigerians poorer than Ghanaians? No. Now, this is the trick: Ghanaians, unlike us, were not brought up on petrol subsidy. That is our predicament. Entrenched

SAUCE

You are free to read all of this, and call me a hypocrite. Or a secret Buhari supporter. I know the truth of who I am, and while I am a hypocrite, I am no Buhari supporter. But I am here to tell you that, whoever you think I am, or whatever I think I am, fuel subsidy is not sustainable , and has not been sustainable for decades.And if we all keep lying to ourselves, we could find ourselves in a debt so huge, it would make the current debt that Buhari has incurred look like kindergarten stuff. (or baby stuff)

Unless you want to cut costs by forcing everyone involved in the oil industry to work for 20000 naira a month, so that fuel can be cheap. That's how the Communists ran their countries. And they provided cheap things, free educaiton, health, etc etc...till the money ran out, and the lack of profit motive led to scarcities.

I'm sorry I made all of you guys angry, and I am sorry that we never got good governance in this country. Lord knows I am angry that since 1999 all we got has been one corrupt regime to another. I can't even stand this regime, and I wish we had better. But bad leadership, Buhari being a bad and evil leader, GEJ messing up, PDP crashing on us, etc etc....it does not change the fact that we can't keep feeding the subsidy monster. It stops here.

Good evening. I will trobule you and your friend no more.
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by Rolly22(m): 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2021
samwillyco1:
NIGERIANS will burn down all the Politicians

Docile Nigerians or another one?? Not in this life

1 Like

Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 01, 2021
ityP:

"Removing fuel subsidies would also be good for the environment and safety on Nigerian roads. When motorists pay the full economic price for petrol, they will drive less, emit less pollution and reduce the incidence of road accidents".

This part of this article shows it was a total waste of reading time. Na this article you don dey overflog since Very funny grin

Thanks for missing the point.

I will trouble you no more here too.
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by treesun: 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2021
backbencher:

I agree with you that the government are a bunch of thieves but that does not change the fact that there are 4 to 6 other refineries nearly ready in addition to Dangote big refinery. There is also the BUA guy's own which can refine everything but PMS.

And NNPC is hurriedly fixing up its Warri and PH refineries

If we keep subsidy we will end up in more and more debt. Subsidy costs are going to shoot up to 3 trillion next year. Oil crude revenues are also not stable and cannot fully fund our budget. Oil has been too low below sustenance level. So subsidy has to go.

And I hate the idea by the way. But we effing have no choice.

Which 4 to 6 refineries are nearly ready?
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 01, 2021
treesun:

Which 4 to 6 refineries are nearly ready?

Here is the DPR list of active refinery licences, as published in the Cable.

OPAC, Edo Petrochemicals, and even the Niger Delta refinery, as well as Waltersmith are at various stages of completion. The rest are waiting in the wings.
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 7:57pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kobicove:
If this APC government dares to increase the price of petrol so close to the general elections they will be 'destroyed' during the elections grin

They will increase it as they know destruction is already thier name......is now a show of how much one can loot before APC leaves.
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by sebeydiah(m): 7:57pm On Dec 01, 2021
Abeg Dangote refinery nko
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by treesun: 7:58pm On Dec 01, 2021
backbencher:

Here is the DPR list of active refinery licences, as published in the Cable.

OPAC, Edo Petrochemicals, and even the Niger Delta refinery, as well as Waltersmith are at various stages of completion. The rest are waiting in the wings.

Is it not same Edo Petrochemicals, Obaseki used to campaign for second term? Nothing has been heard since then.
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by samwillyco1(m): 10:35pm On Dec 01, 2021
Rolly22:

Docile Nigerians or another one?? Not in this life

NIGERIANS are getting wiser now ooo, although unnecessary intimidations from suffering and smiling Security agents/ some foolish youths are the main problems of immediate revolution in this country
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by Rolly22(m): 10:51pm On Dec 01, 2021
samwillyco1:

NIGERIANS are getting wiser now ooo, although unnecessary intimidations from suffering and smiling Security agents/ some foolish youths are the main problems of immediate revolution in this country

Seriously I Don tire

1 Like

Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by Babastrong(m): 3:24am On Dec 02, 2021
[quote author=NaijaOlosho post=108117849]Useless country
A fool for 40 years and above is a fool forever
Nigeria is a fool for ever.
A country that count produce fuel after 60 years angry[Hi]
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by Babastrong(m): 3:27am On Dec 02, 2021
[quote author=BombAttack post=108117873]I want the price of fuel to sell @N500/litre, let's see who will cry the most.[ In God we trust "loro tiwa", we just dey pity our brothers outside there.]
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by Babastrong(m): 3:35am On Dec 02, 2021
[quote author=millionboi post=108117942]Buhari is a cow[ YES, you are right. all the cow's body na money. The skin, the meat, the horn, even the milk of cow na money. Thank you for admitting that "buhari is money".]
Re: Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis by ashala(m): 6:26am On Dec 02, 2021
Maybe am a Novice here, but my question has always been, why can't we get our Refinaries working optimally again?
With a fully functional Refinary running at it's full capacity, there won't be anything like landing costs again on imported petroleum products, hence no need for subsidy again.
It's really painful that this government came and made promises of getting our Refinaries working again without doing anything.
It's a shame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Plateau South Senator Prof Nora Daduut Greets Senator Remi Tinubu At 62 / Oyo: PDPVanguard Withdraws Support For Seyi Makinde, APC Welcomes Them / Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.