Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, (1299 Views)

Breaking News: FG To Release Nnamdi Kanu Tomorrow, Fixes Emergency Hearing / Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail / IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by Traplord09: 4:29am On Dec 02, 2021

The detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu is scheduled for an emergency hearing tomorrow (Thursday) that could lead to his release on bail

The Reporters exclusively learnt on Wednesday that the hearing could open the door for release on bail.

This was confirmed exclusively to SaharaReporters by the counsel for the Nigerian government in the matter.

It was also learnt from Nigerian government lawyers that the move is in response to the fervent appeals by Igbo leaders for the release of the pro-Biafra agitator.

"Nnamdi Kanu scheduled for an emergency hearing tomorrow that could lead to his release on bail.

"This is in response to Igbo elders' request for his release," one of the sources said on Wednesday.

President Muhammadu Buhari had said on Friday, November 19 that he would consider the unconditional release of the IPOB leader as sought by elder statesmen from the South-East.

Buhari had, however, added that such a request was a difficult option to weigh but assured that he would give it a thought.

Buhari said this while receiving a group under the aegis of Highly Respected Igbo Greats, led by First Republic parliamentarian and Minister of Aviation, Mbazulike Amaechi, at State House, Abuja, earlier in November.

Amaechi, a nonagenarian, had described the situation in the South-East as “painful and pathetic,” lamenting that businesses have collapsed, education crumbling, and fear everywhere.

He had pleaded for a political, rather than military solution, requesting that if Kanu was released to him as the only First Republic Minister still alive, “he (Kanu) would no longer say the things he had been saying,” stressing that he could control him, “not because I have anything to do with them (IPOB), but I am highly respected in Igbo land today."

A Presidential media aide, Femi Adesina, had revealed this in a statement titled, “President Buhari to Igbo Leaders: Your demand for Nnamdi Kanu’s release is heavy. I will consider it.”

However, in his response, Buhari had said, “You’ve made an extremely difficult demand on me as leader of this country. The implication of your request is very serious. In the last six years, since I became President, nobody would say I have confronted or interfered in the work of the Judiciary. God has spared you, and given you a clear head at this age, with very sharp memory. A lot of people half your age are confused already. But the demand you made is heavy. I will consider it."

Stressing his policy of non-interference with the Judiciary, the President said when Kanu jumped bail, got arrested and was brought back to the country, “I said the best thing was to subject him to the system. Let him make his case in court, instead of giving very negative impressions of the country from the outside. I feel it’s even a favour to give him that opportunity.

The IPOB leader is currently standing trial at the Federal High Court, Abuja for terrorism-related charges.

Kanu was illegally arrested in Kenya and renditioned to Nigeria in June.

Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by Authoreety: 4:33am On Dec 02, 2021
OK o... Let's hope for the best and a stop to the killings in South East...

Police should also behave themselves cos umu igbo anaghi achiso fa ochi cha cha.....
Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by Traplord09: 4:33am On Dec 02, 2021
! This is a face saving gesture by this regime which behaved like their Bandit people by KIDNAPING Kanu, who holds a British passport, from Kenya. They have been under pressure from Britain, the U.S. and the international community. Recall Buhari's regime introduced the first case of Kidnapping in Nigeria when Buhari arranged the crating of Umaru Dikko.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by linkers: 4:44am On Dec 02, 2021
Does Buhari have option? The more you keep him, the more police is dying
Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by itsme01: 4:45am On Dec 02, 2021
cool

Orjii Uzor Kalu finished negotiation...

What it couldn't take 100s of Ibo king's begging Buhari and kissing his ass to do , Orji Uzor Kalu did it with just a visit to DSS

This is why no matter what Northerners still respect their political leaders, because they know in terms of negotiations the speak unyour behalf

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 5:19am On Dec 02, 2021
Traplord09:
! This is a face saving gesture by this regime which behaved like their Bandit people by KIDNAPING Kanu, who holds a British passport, from Kenya. They have been under pressure from Britain, the U.S. and the international community. Recall Buhari's regime introduced the first case of Kidnapping in Nigeria when Buhari arranged the crating of Umaru Dikko.

forget it KANU will never be released under jubril regime
Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by shigishege: 6:06am On Dec 02, 2021
It will be on records and history that biafra again beg Nigeria government to release thier captured leader. This is the second time they will surrender to the Nigeria state. Inasuruminalah!! Victory for Nigeria over her enemies.

Now that they have begged, that kanu himself has agreed to terms and conditions and learnt his hot lessons, he can have a peace of mind.
Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by shigishege: 6:13am On Dec 02, 2021
Traplord09:

You guys are werey indeed. Instead of you people to cover your face in shame you are still running this you shitty mouths?? Its already on records that you surrender to Nigeria state for the second time in history. But what happened to your Isreal and Amelica. Are they not coming to fight Nigeria for you again??
Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by athaboi(f): 6:15am On Dec 02, 2021
Ndigbo strong sha
Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by helinues: 6:17am On Dec 02, 2021
Tap Tap Tap, Igbos, wake up from your slumbering

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by clarocuzioo(m): 6:40am On Dec 02, 2021
okoo
Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by blackpanda: 6:42am On Dec 02, 2021
Fake news
Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by blackpanda: 6:43am On Dec 02, 2021
athaboi:
Ndigbo strong sha

Strong how They are beggars grin
Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by tempest01(m): 6:51am On Dec 02, 2021
Stories that touch
Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by Gbagura: 7:40am On Dec 02, 2021
But those ipob bastards said buhari is dead. So to whom are they praying to for the release of their fraudster son? I still don't know why these people are still dumb. Kanu won't be freed and there's nothing you all can do.
Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by PrinceOfLagos: 7:46am On Dec 02, 2021
Gbagura:
But those ipob bastards said buhari is dead. So to whom are they praying to for the release of their fraudster son? I still don't know why these people are still dumb. Kanu won't be freed and there's nothing you all can do.
You should be more worried about Sunday Igboho that the Yoruba he fought for ha since abandoned and forgotten to die and rot away in Benin republic prison
Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by Gbagura: 7:53am On Dec 02, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

You should be more worried about Sunday Igboho that the Yoruba he fought for ha since abandoned and forgotten to die and rot away in Benin republic prison

Ipob idiot, stop quoting me.

Princeofigbo
Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by PrinceOfLagos: 7:55am On Dec 02, 2021
Gbagura:
Ipob idiot, stop quoting me.

Princeofigbo

Your father top the list of your bolded comment
Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by Gbagura: 7:59am On Dec 02, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Your father top the list of your bolded comment
O dùn weere. Ọmọ òfo ọmọ àdánù.

Princeofigbo
Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by PrinceOfLagos: 8:02am On Dec 02, 2021
Gbagura:
O dùn weere. Ọmọ òfo ọmọ àdánù.

Princeofigbo
I am not pained, just reminding you that Sunday Igboho organs are being harvested In Benin republic prison

Sunday Igboho is dying

Nnamdi Kanu is getting fresher by the day in DSS custody and his release is near .. but Sunday Igboho may not even come out alive
Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by Gbagura: 8:06am On Dec 02, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

I am not pained, just reminding you that Sunday Igboho organs are being harvested In Benin republic prison

Sunday Igboho is dying
While Kanu yansh is being pounded by aboki big gbola. The zoo has finally caged its animal. I don't know why you want the zoo to free the Fendi wearing orangutan grin cheesy wink

Guy, Kanu won't be released. He's an orangutan and orangutan belongs in the zoo. I really feel y'all frustration. Una go dey alright if you take a puff of mkpurumiri.

Iree oo
Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by PrinceOfLagos: 8:10am On Dec 02, 2021
Gbagura:
While Kanu yansh is being pounded by aboki big gbola. The zoo has finally caged its animal. I don't know why you want the zoo to free the Fendi wearing orangutan grin cheesy wink

Guy, Kanu won't be released. He's an orangutan and orangutan belongs in the zoo. I really feel y'all frustration. Una go dey alright if you take a puff of mkpurumiri.

Iree oo

Lol ok we shall see who gets his freedom first

Nnamdi Kanu may be released today but will Sunday Igboho be released this year? cheesy
Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by Gbagura: 8:17am On Dec 02, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Lol ok we shall see who gets his freedom first

Nnamdi Kanu may be released today but will Sunday Igboho be released this year? cheesy
I will come back here to mock you later in the day. You and your fellow orangutan followers shall be put to mockery. You're dumb if jubril, according to y'all, will free Kanu. You said buhari is dead so I don't understand why you're begging a dead man to free your Fendi wearing orangutan.
Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by PrinceOfLagos: 8:17am On Dec 02, 2021
Gbagura:
I will come back here to mock you later in the day. You and your fellow orangutan followers shall be put to mockery. You're dumb if jubril, according to y'all, will free Kanu. You said buhari is said so I don't understand why you're begging a dead man to free your Fendi wearing orangutan.
Asinwin , you go cry tire
Re: BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, by Traplord09: 9:11pm On Dec 06, 2021
[quote author=Gbagura post=108136486]Ipob idiot, stop quoting me.

Princeofigbo[/quote

He shock you....

(1) (Reply)

What's Wrong With Nimc / My Life Is In Serious Danger – Ex-Deputy Speaker Lasun Yussuff / Breaking: Evidence Of Biased Mod's On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.