Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,795 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos (1539 Views)

US Leaders Recognizes Nnamdi Kanu; Shows Biafra Is Near – IPOB / Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) / "It's Either The Flag Of Biafra Is Raised Or...."— Nnamdi Kanu Blows Hot In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by blackpanda: 6:47am On Dec 02, 2021
Igbos should think very well before mentioning Biafra or ipob. It has never been favourable to ndigbo. Rather it appears to be the opposite. Biafra/ipob/massob/ESN has only caused havoc and pains in the entire south east.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by headSmasher: 6:48am On Dec 02, 2021
They don't know
Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by lloydtruth: 6:49am On Dec 02, 2021
..rather Biafra, IPOB, and ESN is meant to cause eternal torment and sleepless nights to zombies.
Imagine waking up and immediately rushing to Nairaland to start crying about IPOB and Biafra when your mates are preparing for work and businesses.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 02, 2021
blackpanda:
Igbos should think very well before mentioning Biafra or ipob. It has never been favourable to ndigbo. Rather it appears to be the opposite. Biafra/ipob/massob/ESN has only caused havoc and pains in the entire south east.

Well, while I disagree with Biafra very well,and prefer one Nigeria for many reasons..... there is absolutely nothing wrong with agitating for secession.

Many countries, like Spain, the UK, Canada, even Zambia have secessionist movements.

We can criticise IPOB for their approach, which has been disastrous, but not for having the idea of secession. That's the beauty of democracy, we get views , even the ones we don't like...to flourish.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by AfonjaConehead: 6:50am On Dec 02, 2021
blackpanda:

Deeply concerned self appointed afonja/mallam minister of Igbo affairs grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by insidelife22(m): 6:57am On Dec 02, 2021
i think every one should face their region...

and mind their business.
freedom is taken,not giving.
Ipob is not radical enough.
but believe me a day will. come when Nigeria will wish they let biafrans go under Ipob.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 02, 2021
blackpanda:
Has nigeria been favourable to nigerians considering how backward we have gone over the years in terms of economy, security, infrastructure, etc.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by Horlufemi(m): 7:47am On Dec 02, 2021
backbencher:

Well, while I disagree with Biafra very well,and prefer one Nigeria for many reasons..... there is absolutely nothing wrong with agitating for secession.

Many countries, like Spain, the UK, Canada, even Zambia have secessionist movements.

We can criticise IPOB for their approach, which has been disastrous, but not for having the idea of secession. That's the beauty of democracy, we get views , even the ones we don't like...to flourish.

You are very correct

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by blackpanda: 7:48am On Dec 02, 2021
12rev:

Has nigeria been favourable to nigerians considering how backward we have gone over the years in terms of economy, security, infrastructure, etc.

But Biafra isnt helping.bits only making things worse

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by blackpanda: 7:51am On Dec 02, 2021
backbencher:

Very good. Did u bother to actually study the seccessionit movement in Spain?? The conspirators for catalonia have been jailed. moreover no secessionist movement in UK. EU is not a country, so Brexit doesnt apply.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by Lastmessenger2: 7:52am On Dec 02, 2021
Another unity begging thread. Where have the unity gotten you to? No where but insecurity,economic turmoil,lack of basic infrasture,lack of employment for able bodied youths,ethnic cleansing etc.
I swear that anybody who does not believe in the disintegration of Nigeria is a fooool forever. This country with the kind of leader and the kind of architecture can never develop in the next one 100 years.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by Notasyouthink: 7:56am On Dec 02, 2021
blackpanda:
Has nigeria been favorable to Igbos??
Give us reasons why you want Ndigbo to jettison Biafra or IPOB for nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 02, 2021
blackpanda:

Very good. Did u bother to actually study the seccessionit movement in Spain?? The conspirators for catalonia have been jailed. moreover no secessionist movement in UK. EU is not a country, so Brexit doesnt apply.

1.Note my comment on approach...which covers the Spanish catalonia issue. (There is the Basque one, where they got a lot done by playing the poltican game than they did via ETA).

2.UK's SNP, Plaid Cymru and the SinnFein (in Northern Ireland) would like to have a word with you about their being not secessionist movement. Again, their approach is not violent, but play the poltical game

3.EU Countries with secessionist movements include,....France, Belgium, Italy, Spain.

France: Basque, Breton, Corsica.
Belgium : Flanders
Italy: Northern Italy (Lega Nord)
Spain: Catalunya, Basque, and one other region.
Bosnia: Serbs.

4.Non EU members
Moldova...Transnistria
Ukraine : Eastern Ukraine
Gerogia: Abkhazia, Ossetia.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by blackpanda: 7:58am On Dec 02, 2021
Notasyouthink:
Has nigeria been favorable to Igbos??
Give us reasons why you want Ndigbo to jettison Biafra or IPOB for nigeria.

Nigeria is not a person that picks and chooses. We are all part of Nigeria, if you want something then stop taking steps that will ensure u never acheive what u want. It is folly to keep investing in a project that yields nothing but pains
Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by Muna4real(f): 7:58am On Dec 02, 2021
blackpanda:

Nigeria is designed to finish and kill humans. At the mention of Nigeria, people die grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by blackpanda: 8:00am On Dec 02, 2021
backbencher:

1.Note my comment on approach...which covers the Spanish catalonia issue. (There is the Basque one, where they got a lot done by playing the poltican game than they did via ETA).

2.UK's SNP, Plaid Cymru and the SinnFein (in Northern Ireland) would like to have a word with you about their being not secessionist movement. Again, their approach is not violent, but play the poltical game

3.EU Countries with secessionist movements include,....France, Belgium, Italy, Spain.

France: Basque, Breton, Corsica.
Belgium : Flanders
Italy: Northern Italy (Lega Nord)
Spain: Catalunya, Basque, and one other region.
Bosnia: Serbs.

4.Non EU members
Moldova...Transnistria
Ukraine : Eastern Ukraine
Gerogia: Abkhazia, Ossetia.

So basically all in all, none of your secessionist movement has yielded the desired result. Much like Biafra, as I earlier said. Secession is a waste of time and generally fruitless. It only leads to more pains

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by Muna4real(f): 8:03am On Dec 02, 2021
backbencher:

You lie. Ipob has been hunted since it's creation and even before the current crisis in the south east.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by Tranquillity360: 8:05am On Dec 02, 2021
blackpanda:

Nigeria is not a person that picks and chooses. We are all part of Nigeria, if you want something then stop taking steps that will ensure u never acheive what u want. It is folly to keep investing in a project that yields nothing but pains
So this thread is to beg for unity with people you love to hate?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 02, 2021
blackpanda:

So basically all in all, none of your secessionist movement has yielded the desired result. Much like Biafra, as I earlier said. Secession is a waste of time and generally fruitless. It only leads to more pains

Well many of them got greater autonomy and language rights for their regions

Some have been successful eg breakup of Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia and the old Soviet Union ( several secessionist movement).

Many of them have opted to play the long political game.

Note that I don't support secession, and their failure kind of proves one of my points about secession, it really is about bad governance
Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by Tranquillity360: 8:08am On Dec 02, 2021
blackpanda:

Our pain you people's joy so why are you complaining.

Abi you want to lack joy in your life?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 02, 2021
Muna4real:

You lie. Ipob has been hunted since it's creation and even before the current crisis in the south east.

Well when they were peaceful before 2017 ;goverment treated them as an irritant. It was after they started inciting violence that could have led to mass ethnic violence ( eg attacking Hausas resident in the East) that the goverment really clamped down.
Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by helinues: 8:11am On Dec 02, 2021
Toh
Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by Muna4real(f): 8:11am On Dec 02, 2021
[quote author=backbencher post=108136965]

Well when they were peaceful before 2017 ;goverment treated them as an irritant. It was after they started inciting violence that could have led to mass ethnic violence ( eg attacking Hausas resident in the East) that the goverment really clamped down.[/quote

Lies. Government has always killed them like animals just because they choose life ( Biafra) instead of death ( Nigeria).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by Tranquillity360: 8:14am On Dec 02, 2021
backbencher:

I always hear this words "We can criticise IPOB for
their approach"

Pls what approach exactly,is it the act of protesting peaceful and got killed by your Nigeria government,or act of stop protesting and now sit at home to avoid more killing of our people?

I will be glad if you tell us the best approach since all they have been doing is wrong one

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by Notasyouthink: 8:16am On Dec 02, 2021
blackpanda:

Nigeria is not a person that picks and chooses, but there are people who truly owns nigeria and they're the ones that chooses and picks. me and you knows that this is true.
We are all part of nigeria because frederick lugard and his British sponsors made it so which is not proper in any way.
Biafra is the only way for Ndigbo to preserve their God's given talent and heritage not nigeria.
Nigeria is killing anything Igbo slowly and I thank God that most of us have clearly seen it.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 02, 2021
Tranquillity360:
I always hear this words "We can criticise IPOB for
their approach"

Pls what approach exactly,is it the act of protesting peaceful and got killed by your Nigeria government,or act of stop protesting and now sit at home to avoid more killing of our people?

I will be glad if you tell us the best approach since all they have been doing is wrong one

1. Anyone who has lived in this country for a long time should know that Nigerian government does not like the word protest. They have a pathological hatred for the word protest.

2. A better approach would have been ipob to join hands with like minds in the South West, middle belt and South South to form a National Restructuring party. Focus on getting a majority in the National assembly and various state assemblies and govenor seats. And then start by passing laws that would make Restructuring and peaceful secession easier

That's how the SNP in Scotland got a referendum. And it took then 70 years of patiently getting enough seats in Parliament and in local government and also allying with Labour and getting rules like devolution of power to make their 2014 referendum possible . And they have the possibility of a second one.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by headbasher96(m): 8:21am On Dec 02, 2021
lloydtruth:
..rather Biafra, IPOB, and ESN is meant to cause eternal torment and sleepless nights to zombies.
Imagine waking up and immediately rushing to Nairaland to start crying about IPOB and Biafra when your mates are preparing for work and businesses.
when i see your reply i wonder if u guys are resident in the south east for we here it has been a negative impact bro.

How can we protect ourselves if we continue destroying ourselves

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by headbasher96(m): 8:24am On Dec 02, 2021
Notasyouthink:
Nigeria is not a person that picks and chooses, but there are people who truly owns nigeria and me and you knows this people.
We are all part of nigeria because frederick lugard and his British sponsors made it so which is not proper in any way.
Biafra is the only way for Ndigbo to preserve their God's given talent and heritage not nigeria.
Nigeria is killing anything Igbo slowly and I thank God that most of us have clearly seen it.
so what do u propose should been done our u are just brainiacs wuth louf mouths on nairaland.

U guys have been cry foul without tabling a solution to end the killings if secession is not working opt for referrendum take a step at a time

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by Notasyouthink: 8:27am On Dec 02, 2021
backbencher:

Well when they were peaceful before 2017 ;goverment treated them as an irritant. It was after they started inciting violence that could have led to mass ethnic violence ( eg attacking Hausas resident in the East) that the goverment really clamped down.
Why is it that you nigerian unity beggars always lie or use propaganda just to twist already known facts.
For your information, nigerian government through their boko haramised security forces started killing and maiming ipob members on 30th September 2015 its on record we Igbos don't forget.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by headbasher96(m): 8:27am On Dec 02, 2021
backbencher:

1. Anyone who has lived in this country for a long time should know that Nigerian government does not like the word protest. They have a pathological hatred for the word protest.

2. A better approach would have been ipob to join hands with like minds in the South West, middle belt and South South to form a National Restructuring party. Focus on getting a majority in the National assembly and various state assemblies and govenor seats. And then start by passing laws that would make Restructuring and peaceful secession easier

That's how the SNP in Scotland got a referendum. And it took then 70 years of patiently getting enough seats in Parliament and in local government and also allying with Labour and getting rules like devolution of power to make their 2014 referendum possible . And they have the possibility of a second one.
the hate an average igbo man has coupled with pride wont let him think straight nnamdi kanu never visited this places u mentioned above but a good leader a think is suppose to draw a plan and have a backup as well but this guys wont see where their principal failed there are more night meetings when u are fight for freedom then when u are vieing for a political position
Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by Tranquillity360: 8:37am On Dec 02, 2021
backbencher:

[s]2. A better approach would have been ipob to join hands with like minds in the South West, middle belt and South South to form a National Restructuring party. Focus on getting a majority in the National assembly and various state assemblies and govenor seats. And then start by passing laws that would make Restructuring and peaceful secession easier
[/s]
I thought you have something to same.

Join hand with those that are comfortable the way Nigeria is,abi the people that will collect money on the long run.

If i may ask,is Ipob the reason others have not gotten restructuring they always use countering issue of Biafra?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Is Designed To Destroy Igbos by lloydtruth: 9:00am On Dec 02, 2021
headbasher96:
when i see your reply i wonder if u guys are resident in the south east for we here it has been a negative impact bro.

How can we protect ourselves if we continue destroying ourselves
Anyone on a faceless forum can claim to be in the East or being Igbo.

If you are truly in the East, you should be more concerned about the militarization of the east and the menace of herdsmen than the activities of ESN and IPOB.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Shortlists Amaechi, Disowns Biafra, Begs The North / Bandits Engaged Army In A Gun Duel For Two Hours, Whisked Away Many In Vans –eye / Umahi And Peter Obi Who Perfomed Better As A Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.