Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,997 members, 7,799,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator (32536 Views)

How Do The NFT Marketplace Development Services Help Entrepreneurs? / Any Idea How Firestick, Chrome Cast Works? / Hackaholics 4.0: Win Up To $10,000 To Help You Develop That Great Tech Idea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by Testimony1988(m): 1:13pm On Dec 02, 2021
At least twice a month, but you should allow the generator to rest a bit, is the noise not affecting you?

1 Like

Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by shiwex: 1:14pm On Dec 02, 2021
Only in Nigeria will you be seeing generator experts...the world is moving on my people are discussing generators
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by nurez305(m): 1:16pm On Dec 02, 2021
kelvyn7:
I am probably lucky with this cos my gen goes off if the oil is due for changing ...I have been using it for about 4 years
samething for my own and I think every normal generator should behave the same way
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by Lacash: 1:16pm On Dec 02, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed to learn....ain't no niggar of engineering

Computer science got me

I must learn....apart from smoking weed, banging pussy, drinking beer, bombing and key boarding. A real niggarrr should always seek for knowledge anyday anytime twice on Thursday especially on issues beyond his gadmnnn comprehension

Not yet...efcc never burst me.....although am still staying low and changing my Internet protocol

But to be serious....I know say efcc never burst me because my money never long well..
That is why I go double my huzzle next year and make enough money so that efcc nor go come my area begin arrest people and leave me behind

Bad man tinz… grin grin
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by nurez305(m): 1:18pm On Dec 02, 2021
Reasonwithme2:
Every week, the oil should be changed and try as much as you can not to let fuel dry in it
fake, nothing happens when fuel finish why working , I have been using my gen since 2016 with no issue and most time fuel finish inside why still working and no happen to it
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by FILEBE(m): 1:19pm On Dec 02, 2021
richard870:
It does like magic. If I'm not mistaken, I have been doing this for over a decade and it has helped saved alot. Your gen will run almost twice the hours it does on a full tank

I think I have tried it on some occasions . Just couldn't come into conclusion

https://www.quora.com/Does-turning-the-fuel-tap-of-a-generator-halfway-reduce-the-rate-at-which-fuel-is-being-consumed-yet-generate-the-same-amount-of-electrical-power?ch=10&oid=14641336&share=9eb5d03e&srid=utMTU&target_type=question

See this too
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by suffering: 1:22pm On Dec 02, 2021
Who is the lokito moderator who always attaches “help!” to inquiries? You ill-bred children maintain the low expectation I possess regarding this place.

Run your generator till it goes off from anything other than fuel. Top the oil then run the process more times. After a while you’ll come to an estimate of how long the oil lasts. Some generators have a low oil light. I doubt yours is in the category.
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by nurez305(m): 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2021
Onowu1979:

Most new generators now come equipped with an oil switch. This prevents engine "knocking" like you rightly imply. It shuts down your generator once you are low on oil. Start it 10 times it shuts down 10 times. This dosent mean that OP should wait for that warning sign though.
totally right
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by richard870(m): 1:29pm On Dec 02, 2021
FILEBE:

I think I have tried it on some occasions . Just couldn't come into conclusion

https://www.quora.com/Does-turning-the-fuel-tap-of-a-generator-halfway-reduce-the-rate-at-which-fuel-is-being-consumed-yet-generate-the-same-amount-of-electrical-power?ch=10&oid=14641336&share=9eb5d03e&srid=utMTU&target_type=question

See this too
Please disregard the theoretical talks on that thread. Like I said earlier, this is something I have been doing for over a decade
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by treatise: 1:41pm On Dec 02, 2021
Normalsound:
My generator is working for almost 12 hours every day, how often is need to change the oil? Please see the picture below that's my generator

User Manual says 50 hours.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com/manuals/firman-generators-c4f3caf8e98a0f3b8f47e9284085dc36.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj07bv_kcX0AhUi0uAKHeL6DOMQFnoECAUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2z2YYbvw3qiLDSQvLVlfQi
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by Reasonwithme2(m): 1:42pm On Dec 02, 2021
nurez305:
fake, nothing happens when fuel finish why working , I have been using my gen since 2016 with no issue and most time fuel finish inside why still working and no happen to it

You might not notice anything but the efficiency reduces, before you know it small small repairs kicks in

1 Like

Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by Benjosh123(m): 2:01pm On Dec 02, 2021
Change the Oil after Every 100 hour Consecutive uses. Check the Manual for more information
Normalsound:
My generator is working for almost 12 hours every day, how often is need to change the oil? Please see the picture below that's my generator
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by Normalsound(m): 2:06pm On Dec 02, 2021
jmoore:
Read your manual!!

1. When you buy brandnew generator, change the oil after the first month or after 20 hours. Whichever comes first.

2. Then change after 6 months or 100 hours whichever comes first.

Since you said it's 12 hours. That means you should change your oil after 8-9 days.

Note: Make sure you check the level of your oil before starting to avoid the engine damage.
thank you bro ✊
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by Geekop: 2:21pm On Dec 02, 2021
stevebond007:
12 hours ? Everyday?
Shift to solar na

God bless you.
Why spend so much on fuel.
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by Normalsound(m): 2:29pm On Dec 02, 2021
Paxxcarl:
There should be an oil indicator if the oil is to be changed
a very big thanks ✊
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by Normalsound(m): 2:29pm On Dec 02, 2021
grin
deavicky:
This gen looks one of my gen they stole in warri
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by Psoul(m): 2:36pm On Dec 02, 2021
naijaguy123456:
12 hours sounds a lot then it depends on the load . Your oil must be black by now.

Black oil does not mean that the oil has gone bad.
Even draining the oil and replacing with new one, as soon as the engine revolves for a while, there is possibility that the oil will turn black.
What matters most is the oil viscosity and not the colour.

Secondly, the picture u attached to your response is of no use to the question the OP asked. It wouldn't offer any solution to his question.
The maintenance schedule does not relate to his generator.
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by YoungBruzzy(m): 2:39pm On Dec 02, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Computer science got me

I must learn....apart from smoking weed, banging pussy, drinking beer, bombing and key boarding. A real niggarrr should always seek for knowledge anyday anytime twice on Thursday especially on issues beyond his gadmnnn comprehension

Not yet...efcc never burst me.....although am still staying low and changing my Internet protocol

But to be serious....I know say efcc never burst me because my money never long well..
That is why I go double my huzzle next year and make enough money so that efcc nor go come my area begin arrest people and leave me behind

Dammnnn nigga grin grin so you dey pray make EFCC harvest you join body with others bombers cheesy verily I say unto thou art a real nigga.. One fearless for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by ofemigeorge(m): 2:48pm On Dec 02, 2021
Hmm

Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by Poleski: 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2021
Normalsound:

Change oil every month and change plug (original one) once a year, some can serve more. And don't overload it.

1 Like

Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by stevebond007(m): 4:09pm On Dec 02, 2021
litigator:

How well do you know about solar. I have questions

I'm still a novice, but I know it's expensive but long lasting.
Check out the solar page, Entertainment->TV movies-> Satellite and TV, those guys are GOOD
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by Hkff: 4:31pm On Dec 02, 2021
Really
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by Freestainworld(m): 5:08pm On Dec 02, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Computer science got me

That is why I go double my huzzle next year and make enough money so that efcc nor go come my area begin arrest people and leave me behind dem don unban you Mr Damn Niga isorit, welcome back
F
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by Dasilva12: 5:28pm On Dec 02, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Computer science got me

welcome back bro, some bad belle don dey dance say efcc don burst you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by Dasilva12: 5:31pm On Dec 02, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Computer science got me

I WAN LEARN BRO, CAN YOU HELP ME ON THAT?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by FILEBE(m): 5:46pm On Dec 02, 2021
richard870:
Please disregard the theoretical talks on that thread. Like I said earlier, this is something I have been doing for over a decade

Will try it again sha
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by nurez305(m): 6:29pm On Dec 02, 2021
Reasonwithme2:

You might not notice anything but the efficiency reduces, before you know it small small repairs kicks in
well, the generator have serve me more than my expectation, infact if anything happen now, it have serve his value for my money.

No generator is built to last forever.

The only reason I understand why people said the fuel should now finish why working is because of the dirt to the carburettor and nothing special. So far your generator tank is clean, then there is nothing to worry about
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by zoedicus: 7:33pm On Dec 02, 2021
Why not go solar?

Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by Normalsound(m): 7:42pm On Dec 02, 2021
Poleski:

Change oil every month and change plug (original one) once a year, some can serve more. And don't overload it.
thank you so much bro ✊

1 Like

Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by Normalsound(m): 7:48pm On Dec 02, 2021
Holla911:
As soon as you notice change in its sound. I will advice you change every month due to its heavy usage.
thank you so much bro, but someone said two weeks, am just confused
Re: Generator Usage And Services Help Me With Any Idea You Have About Generator by Normalsound(m): 7:51pm On Dec 02, 2021
cescky:

I bought this gen some years back.... Around jibowu area.. My brother i used this gen for years, i swear i didn't change oil, lol..

Not advising the above... Yes for years i didn't change oil, the day i changed oil, gen started giving small small issues, perhaps na local oil changer i use or something...

In conclusion if you're changing oil, mind who and what oil you use, secondly you bought a very solid gen... Infact mine is still alive.. Should be close to 10 years now. Though its packed somewhere, since am not around
hmmm � see miracle ooh, thank you so much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Alex, The New AI Robot Designed To Give Full Body Massage. (PHOTOS) / Sun Unleashes Intense Solar Flare Causing Radio Blackout In Asia, Australia(Pix) / Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.