Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread (6852 Views)

A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters / Dangote Gas Explosion Kills 2 Welders In Benue(photos) / FREE STAAD PRO Connect Edition Tutorial - for Structural Engineers in nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by GreaterFuture(m): 3:36pm On Dec 03, 2021
Hmmn
Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by Jinsic123: 3:37pm On Dec 03, 2021
Jzjzjjzj
Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by paddyDIGITAL(m): 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nice one
Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by lifenajeje(m): 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2021
My first stinct in the construction industry ..

Got employed as a helper with geolynx a contractor to Daawoo construction for the LNG gas pipeline project from Agip okpai in Delta State

Got paid as a wrapper at month end ..
Worked as a wrapper for two months with my eyes fixed on grinding ..

Two months later I took to grinding when the guys in charge of grinding had some fracas with community boys that don't want them in the community ..

Was thinking I would learn welding on the job too ..

Those welders dey hammer ..

Their provisions no be here ..

Omoku people no let us continue contract for their land ..

I for be welder by now ..

Nice thread

Keep doing what u do best ..

Note :

Make I no forget the ashawos wey dey follow welders and fabricators from project to project ..base to base ..

4 Likes

Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by PavillionEnergy: 4:07pm On Dec 03, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

How do you guys cope with that oxyacetylene flame

Not to talk of the shining light that comes along with it that damage the eye

Damn Niggar.
That's where the use of Personal Protective Equipment comes into play.

1 Like

Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by Bahamas95(m): 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
These people are trying o, I was at a welding workshop sometime ago watching a welder welding......When I got home I couldn't sleep that night cos my eyes started doing me somehow. It was as if sand was inside.

If not for my friend who reminded me I wouldn't have known the cause of the problem.

2 Likes

Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by Alwayshungry: 4:25pm On Dec 03, 2021
Ongoing shutdown project at deep waters.
Erha fpso.
Managed by Les energy and spie Nigeria.
Welders are being paid 40k everyday.
Been going on for a hundred days and counting.

7 Likes

Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by Alwayshungry: 4:26pm On Dec 03, 2021
I made my first 5million from welding grating on a project.
3months.

3 Likes

Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by theamazonguru(m): 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
Egein:
I have 150 spools of welding electrodes for sale. OEM is DynaTorque Technologies, USA.
Reason for sale is excess consumables on a TEPNG pipeline project. Price is open. Location is Lekki.
Please quote me if interested.

Which of the Tepng project is it.
Ikike or is it a deepwater project?

2 Likes

Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by solidmyk(m): 4:40pm On Dec 03, 2021
Alwayshungry:
Ongoing shutdown project at deep waters.
Erha fpso.
Managed by Les energy and spie Nigeria.
Welders are being paid 40k everyday.
Been going on for a hundred days and counting.
Make I come do helper for you now
Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by Perfecttouch(m): 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2021
peleson1:
If you are a pipeline and a structural welder, connect here.
Let us discuss our jobs,
Challenges in the job,
Up coming jobs.
Present jobs,
Different skill sets etc.

DO you have IIW?

Your experience.
Your pay.
Terms of contracts.

Job opportunities abroad..
I do tig, mig and arc welding but I don't have a professional certificate yet

1 Like

Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by igben(m): 5:16pm On Dec 03, 2021
Have IWP-IIW
Currently, job searching...

peleson1:
If you are a pipeline and a structural welder, connect here.
Let us discuss our jobs,
Challenges in the job,
Up coming jobs.
Present jobs,
Different skill sets etc.

DO you have IIW?

Your experience.
Your pay.
Terms of contracts.

Job opportunities abroad..
Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by Perfecttouch(m): 5:18pm On Dec 03, 2021
Bahamas95:
These people are trying o, I was at a welding workshop sometime ago watching a welder welding......When I got home I couldn't sleep that night cos my eyes started doing me somehow. It was as if sand was inside.

If not for my friend who reminded me I wouldn't have known the cause of the problem.
next time, take yeast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by qanda: 5:24pm On Dec 03, 2021
Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by fkj950ax(m): 5:27pm On Dec 03, 2021
A very sensible thread.
Stuffs like this made NL very important some years back, before tribalism, politics and bloggers diluted the forum.

Thanks Op and everyone who's made a comment.

I do want to learn welding, but have no idea how to go about it
Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by Bahamas95(m): 5:31pm On Dec 03, 2021
Perfecttouch:
next time, take yeast
I took it the next day.
Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by Okworigeorge(m): 5:35pm On Dec 03, 2021
I'm both a pipe fitter and welder
Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by frankson1(m): 5:35pm On Dec 03, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

That is why we use hand gloves and face shield for protection.
Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by frankson1(m): 5:37pm On Dec 03, 2021
fkj950ax:
A very sensible thread.
Stuffs like this made NL very important some years back, before tribalism, politics and bloggers diluted the forum.

Thanks Op and everyone who's made a comment.

I do want to learn welding, but have no idea how to go about it

Just know the branch of welding you want to learn. Identify a good welding school and you're good to go.
NOTE: You need to have a huge pocket to go to a good welding school.

1 Like

Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by Okworigeorge(m): 5:37pm On Dec 03, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Protective wears?
Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by frankson1(m): 5:52pm On Dec 03, 2021
yarnme2:

I truly want to know more about this trade, how can I learn despite my busy schedule (8am - 4pm).

Can somebody also know about underground welding?

You have to finish with whatever you're busy doing because you will have to put in as much time to learn.

You can only know Under water welding by going to school.
Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by Alwayshungry: 6:34pm On Dec 03, 2021
There is nothing like a helper..
U got to bring something to the table.
Skills.
solidmyk:

Make I come do helper for you now
Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by solidmyk(m): 6:47pm On Dec 03, 2021
Alwayshungry:
Skills.
I be smaw welder baba, I dey weld lpg tanks and other welding fabrication works, I sabi adjust to new stuffs easily baba
Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by engrzico(m): 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2021
Wow, Great thread here.

Resigned from the bank in 2019, Opted for fitting and smaw welding training. Rounded off in 2020. Currently employed because of my welding skills in a reputable company.

Welding is not just a skill, i see us as artists with strokes of fire and liquid metal.

1 Like

Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by stephenponti(m): 7:50pm On Dec 03, 2021
Alwayshungry:
Skills.

Me too wants to learn this vocation. Any chance. I have the time. I am in Lagos. i can relocate to learn.
Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by Funflipper: 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2021
ignis:
Please are Iron benders and welders part of this too?

I don't think so because they don't work according to any welding codes or set standard.
Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by solidmyk(m): 8:03pm On Dec 03, 2021
engrzico:

Welding is not just a skill, i see us as artists with strokes of fire and liquid metal .
I love this

1 Like

Re: Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread by ignis: 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2021
Funflipper:

I don't think so because they don't work according to any welding codes or set standard.

See see finish

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Did You Choose Your Current Career? / Can My Brother Take My Government Job? / How To Become A Lecturer In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.