Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,518 members, 7,801,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue (4770 Views)

Advice: My Honda Crv Rear Tyre Is Not Straight, It Looking Like Has K-leg / Toyota Corolla "Leg Pull" / How Can One Know When The Leg Of Honda Car Is About To Pull Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by kingreign(m): 9:49am On Dec 07, 2021
diportivo:

na wa o cheesy
(in yoruba accent)
Egbon, sey e sock you? grin grin
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by diportivo: 10:28am On Dec 07, 2021
dadabashua1:
bro very cheap part to replace o,Nigerians are the most careless creation I've ever seen,can't maintain ANYTHING only bad things are maintained 100% in this country, to even think of over 6billion people on earth,only Nigeria complain and has issue with the accord ball joint matter makes it even more DISGUSTING, all our things is different from normal people,very anyhow country and set of people...mitchewwwwe

morning bro

How's Burkina Faso this morning??

chiefbuchiV12:

E shock you

kingreign:

(in yoruba accent)
Egbon, sey e sock you? grin grin

I see 5 layers abi broilers.........I just weak
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by chiefbuchiV12(m): 10:32am On Dec 07, 2021
diportivo:

I dey laugh out loud my neighbor dey ask me hope all is well
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by dadabashua1(m): 5:07pm On Dec 07, 2021
diportivo:

morning bro

Na dem...by their fruits you shall.....

Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by dadabashua1(m): 5:09pm On Dec 07, 2021
[quote author=diportivo post=108285629]

morning bro

And you mean to ask how is Afghanistan right, not Burkina I guess.
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by buygala(m): 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2021
Cokahot:
Take it to welder, that they should add almost 5layers of steel to the ball joint circle instead of rubber with gum,it should be very thick like fufu and hard. At least it will last u more than 9months. I have seen camry ball joint pulled off,lexus es and IS same tin,benz,tundra,sequioa, any car is prone to ball joint as long as u are climbing pot holes daily. Welder knows what to do. It will cost ant 2 to 3k to do better welding,and secondly change your mechanic, be there and make sure they tight everything well,not using 1 bolt ,when ball joint has two holes. Mechanics both young and old wil want to damage your car.

Pahdin?

And person wey see as you siddon with serious face compose this tin go think say u sabi wetin u dey yarn grin

1 Like

Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by Cokahot: 5:37pm On Dec 07, 2021
Okay na. When I was buying toks upandan naso my ball joint dey comot,destroying my fender shape till my friend changed my mech and the mechanic took it to a welder,it was welded and very hard like rock,its been 2months now I don dey drive am,no ball joint wohala,no funny noise. Continue till your tyre go comot at better speed. Oponu.
buygala:

Pahdin?

And person wey see as you siddon with serious face compose this tin go think say u sabi wetin u dey yarn grin
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2021
Cokahot:
Okay na. When I was buying toks upandan naso my ball joint dey comot,destroying my fender shape till my friend changed my mech and the mechanic took it to a welder,it was welded and very hard like rock,its been 2months now I don dey drive am,no ball joint wohala,no funny noise. Continue till your tyre go comot at better speed. Oponu.
but you can drive it for more than 3 months before inspection ,I drive mine for more than 3months,when I inspected it was still ok so I used mine for 5 months ,before I changed it.
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by temmym4(m): 7:03pm On Dec 07, 2021
tobidipity:
I tell people, this doesn't just happen. The vehicle must have given the owners some signs but trust Nigerians with our I can't manage it attitude.

Funny thing is, i left the office with a colleague today since i wasn't with my own car. He uses the accord 01. Car was so smooth and i had to commend him on the way he takes care of the car, We were just talking about leg issue and he said exactly what you wrote above, we got to a U turn and right in the middle of it, viola! Leg pulled!!

We blocked almost half of the road. So embarassing. That was just few hours ago before posting this.

Just like i told him, i prefer the timing belt of it's competitor (Camry 01) snapping/cutting off to the Accord 01 leg pulling.
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by temmym4(m): 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2021
Cokahot:
Okay na. When I was buying toks upandan naso my ball joint dey comot,destroying my fender shape till my friend changed my mech and the mechanic took it to a welder,it was welded and very hard like rock,its been 2months now I don dey drive am,no ball joint wohala,no funny noise.

Yeah i can testify to this.

I have someone that has been using his own welded ball joint and it's been 2 years. No complains.

I am not sure if it a good idea but i can say it works well. At least it gives peace of mind.

I guess omeone will hav to re-visit the welder when changing the ball joint though
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by Cokahot: 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2021
When u changed it,did u also weld it again . I will like to learn the trick cos when i travel abroad. Na baba nla mechanic I go be.
Aaaaarghmed:
but you can drive it for more than 3 months before inspection ,I drive mine for more than 3months,when I inspected it was still ok so I used mine for 5 months ,before I changed it.
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2021
Cokahot:
When u changed it,did u also weld it again . I will like to learn the trick cos when i travel abroad. Na baba nla mechanic I go be.
I have never welded it.i just buy toks and inspect every 3months..if it's still good I continue using it if not i change it.if am changing from a honda,it will be a benz not anoda Japanese car
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by Cokahot: 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2021
Well I will be saying bye bye to ball joint wohala when I get to start staying in a porch estate with good roads,and no pot holes as big as a fish pond,that u can't ever avoid than to enter it and get your tyres punctured by sharp objects. Naija sucks
Aaaaarghmed:
I have never welded it.i just buy toks and inspect every 3months..if it's still good I continue using it if not i change it.if am changing from a honda,it will be a benz not anoda Japanese car
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by Faakhir: 9:08pm On Dec 07, 2021
Pls I have a question
Do Honda CR-V 2008 legs pull out?
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:30am On Dec 08, 2021
Faakhir:
Pls I have a question
nope.
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by Praxtech: 4:57am On Dec 08, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
nope..
See set up
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by dadabashua1(m): 6:35am On Dec 08, 2021
Faakhir:
Pls I have a question
NO
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by Faakhir: 11:01am On Dec 08, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
nope.
thanks
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:46am On Dec 09, 2021
Praxtech:

See set up
mind your business

1 Like

Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by Cokahot: 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2021
I saw eod 2005 model this evening passengers side as usual. Ball joint popped
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by Kingdemu: 7:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
Cokahot:
I saw eod 2005 model this evening passengers side as usual. Ball joint popped
Na their trademark
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by RuneKingThor: 8:03pm On Oct 14, 2022
adanny01:

Do you know how long the OEM lasted before it gave up. Imagine a 2003 Honda accord today, thats an 18yr old ball joint. Buy OEM and you will never have a failure or at least till 2039 if the car is still drivable. I am still driving with one of my factory ball joint which was checked today in preparation for a journey tomorrow.

Agreed, the ball joint in an Accord is a very critical part, those who neglect it should not be surprised.

Do you have any idea of the price of OEM for 2007 accord ball joint? I really need to know.
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by adanny01(m): 9:56pm On Oct 15, 2022
RuneKingThor:

Do you have any idea of the price of OEM for 2007 accord ball joint? I really need to know.

I have no idea for brand new but tokumbo is 17k last time in asked.
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by VirusOO7(m): 12:12pm On Dec 13, 2022
How about CR-V 04-06?
Se e deh cave in too?
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by Kewtt: 8:14pm On Dec 14, 2022
VirusOO7:
How about CR-V 04-06?
Se e deh cave in too?
Perfectly.
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by dadabashua1(m): 9:03pm On Dec 14, 2022
VirusOO7:
How about CR-V 04-06?
Se e deh cave in too?
no sir it doesn't pull out pls,it's the first generation crv that experienced leg pull because it uses double wishbone suspension system for both front and rear suspension, 1995-2001 model years,but from 2002 the front suspension was changed to MacPherson strut suspension system for the front and double wishbone for the back,MacPherson strut is the kind of suspension used in Camry, corolla etc.

Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by radautoworks: 9:09pm On Dec 14, 2022
Not a Honda but just saw this while driving. It's not the cars. It's the maintenance grin

1 Like

Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by Kewtt: 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2022
radautoworks:
Not a Honda but just saw this while driving. It's not the cars. It's the maintenance grin

Temi you owe me.
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by RuneKingThor: 8:55am On Dec 15, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
I use Honda 3 years e no pull.i dont know how people use theirs,all I know is dat honda is not for everyone. Use yamasida ball joint,if you hear noise,inspect the legs.and you are good to go.for the 3years k used the honda I changed ball joint 3 times,imagine so so cheap fix
How do I reach the seller?
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by VirusOO7(m): 11:14am On Dec 16, 2022
Kewtt:

Perfectly.

I don't get. Perfectly caves in or doesn't?
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by VirusOO7(m): 11:16am On Dec 16, 2022
dadabashua1:
no sir it doesn't pull out pls,it's the first generation crv that experienced leg pull because it uses double wishbone suspension system for both front and rear suspension, 1995-2001 model years,but from 2002 the front suspension was changed to MacPherson strut suspension system for the front and double wishbone for the back,MacPherson strut is the kind of suspension used in Camry, corolla etc.

Thanks boss.
Would you recommend this car for uber runs as a side hustle and for personal use?
Re: Another Day Another Honda Leg Issue by dadabashua1(m): 11:44am On Dec 16, 2022
VirusOO7:

Thanks boss.
Would you recommend this car for uber runs as a side hustle and for personal use?
personal use YES,uber na,civic or corolla better for uber runs sir.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Clean US Used Honda Evil Spirit / Double-decker Tricycle / Now Open In Ibadan Oyo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.