Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,031 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million (9769 Views)

Come And Learn New Tricks That Cashed Me Over $400 On Fiverr In 5weeks. FREE!! / Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia / US Investors To Build 6 Refineries In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

God punish you cheesy

Was messing with these gullible boys of NL. Oya, all of una, go and invest in Ekiti.
so you ppl can have more job??  undecided undecided undecided
can i bring kinsmen from my village?? or do i have to employ ppl frm ekiti??  undecided undecided grin
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by buzugee(m): 7:20pm On Jun 11, 2011
Donlittle:

pilot they fuel the plane,, if he done fuel am finish, i go let you know grin grin grin
bruv,i dey pack potmatoe as we dey speak. i dey multitask. surfing and packing simultaneously grin grin
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by OAM4J: 7:20pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

God punish you cheesy

Was messing with these gullible boys of NL. Oya, all of una, go and invest in Ekiti.

Wetin I do you?  
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by EzeUche1(m): 7:20pm On Jun 11, 2011
I bet you these Ekiti people would not sell their land to an Igbo man. If these were Igbos instead of Koreans, they would be saying "these Igbos are trying to kick us off our land, soon they will be claiming ownership" grin grin grin
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 11, 2011
Donlittle:

so you ppl can have more job??  undecided undecided undecided
can i bring kinsmen from my village?? or do i have to employ ppl frm ekiti??  undecided undecided grin

Yea, bring all your villagers. We need our cloths washed, our food cooked, our floor mopped etc  grin

buzugee:

if i save 5 naira a day, i am sure in 40 days i will have the money for 1 hectare. thats enough for my mansion  cool

Amen. That's the spirit jare. E go better for you.

[size=2pt]40 days and 40 nights go turn 40 weeks and 40 years .[/size]
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Claracuzio: 7:22pm On Jun 11, 2011
We siddon dey look
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 11, 2011
buzugee:

bruv,i dey pack potmatoe as we dey speak. i dey multitask. surfing and packing simultaneously  grin  grin
continue jare, all work and no play make buzugee a dull boy, i feel you man
me self they help pilot fuel  the plane lowo lowo  grin grin grin
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 11, 2011
EzeUche!:

I bet you these Ekiti people would not sell their land to an Igbo man. If these were Igbos instead of Koreans, they would be saying "these Igbos are trying to kick us off our land, soon they will be claiming ownership" grin grin grin

Even if he's from Edo, we'll still be the same way. Any probs? What's an Igbo man got to offer us that another Yoruba man cant?

What happened to international investments? Better agricultural units, so that we can atleast learn better techniques?
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 11, 2011
OAM4J:

Wetin I do you?  

Am I that scary? Na wa oh?

Me, I was just joking oh. You blew my secret, I was just messing with those lil boys.
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2011
Donlittle:

Which yeye fuel are you two talking about?

Is it that fuel? For that hammering or for that cloud # (pick any number) flight?

undecided
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Even if he's from Edo, we'll still be the same way. Any probs? What's an Igbo man got to offer us that another Yoruba man cant?

What happened to international investments? Better agricultural units, so that we can atleast learn better techniques?
oya make una stop, it is getting too serious na, na play all of us they play o  grin grin grin
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2011
Donlittle:

oya make una stop, it is getting too serious na, na play all of us they play o  grin grin grin

I am also playing jare. See my face like joker's own.

I just cant stop grinning. OMG, I am just lauging because you guys are sooo funny.
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by buzugee(m): 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

learn better techniques ?  shocked  e go do you like filmtrick. the takeover is in effect. first off dem go distribute blanket and free food to all the sorrounding villagers (small pox and ebola virus go dey laced inside them). when all of una done chop the free food and use blanket, you all die off. then they take all the land  cool don corleone style.

Donlittle:

lmao
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by OAM4J: 7:31pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Am I that scary? Na wa oh?

Me, I was just joking oh. You blew my secret, I was just messing with those lil boys.

You became scary since the time you dump me for EzeUche cheesy
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Katsumoto: 7:31pm On Jun 11, 2011
OAM4J:

Please land is not that cheap in Ekiti.  Kats was referring to Ethiopia, and the $2 is rent fee not the actual cost of the land.

Its almost free considering that most of the leases are for 100 years. Meanwhile the price of land per hectare is approximately £14,000 in the UK and approximately $16,000 in the US.

See link below for a breakdown.

http://www.alternativeoutlook.co.uk/2011/04/a-quick-tour-of-the-worlds-booming-farmland-markets/
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by EzeUche1(m): 7:33pm On Jun 11, 2011
OAM4J:

First Mukina now Ileke-Idi? I still should be made mod in order to balance you! angry
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 11, 2011
buzugee:

learn better techniques ?  shocked  e go do you like filmtrick. the takeover is in effect. first off dem go distribute blanket and free food to all the sorrounding villagers (small pox and ebola virus go dey laced inside them). when all of una done chop the free food and use blanket, you all die off. then they take all the land  cool don corleone style.
lmao

Ok when you're done with your Alice in Wonderland, hit me up so that I can take you out to watch a better movie.

Or is it all the ogbona soup you've been chopping?

OAM4J:

Naw, I offered for 3-somes, you dont want. So you did the dumping.

Katsumoto:

Its almost free considering that most of the leases are for 100 years. Meanwhile the price of land per hectare is approximately £14,000 in the UK and approximately $16,000 in the US.

See link below for a breakdown.

http://www.alternativeoutlook.co.uk/2011/04/a-quick-tour-of-the-worlds-booming-farmland-markets/

So what's the price Ekiti is putting down? Has this even been confirmed or just another talk?
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by ektbear: 7:36pm On Jun 11, 2011
Well, your skepticism is noted. But let's see the full terms of the deal before official deal before rejecting it.
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Which yeye fuel are you two talking about?

Is it that fuel? For that hammering or for that cloud # (pick any number) flight?

undecided

loool were

Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 11, 2011
Donlittle:

yes this kind of fuel na, na this kind water we they pour for the plane

Stop posting your childhood pictures on NL tongue

This thread is about Ekiti, we'll discuss you pouring later.
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Stop posting your childhood pictures on NL tongue

This thread is about Ekiti, we'll discuss you pouring later.
Am a grown Azz man, with a grown Azz thing  grin grin
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 11, 2011
Donlittle:

Am a grown backside man, with a grown backside thing grin grin

In all things, we give Glory to God. Somebody, e ba mi ke hallelujah!!
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Katsumoto: 7:43pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Ok when you're done with your Alice in Wonderland, hit me up so that I can take you out to watch a better movie.

So what's the price Ekiti is putting down? Has this even been confirmed or just another talk?

Its the same model from the same country; you think they are going to offer different terms. They will probably say something like 'we pay $2 in Ethipia, $5 in Liberia, and $10 in East Africa but we will pay $20 to you guys cos you are smart' when they are still cheating you significantly.
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 11, 2011
Katsumoto:

Its the same model from the same country; you think they are going to offer different terms. They will probably say something like 'we pay $2 in Ethipia, $5 in Liberia, and $10 in East Africa but we will pay $20 to you guys cos you are smart' when they are still cheating you significantly.

Hmmm, let us wait and see.

Thanks for the facts tho, didnt know this was or might be their intention.
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by 2muchlogic(m): 7:49pm On Jun 11, 2011
Katsumoto:

It is projected that the world will not be able to feed its population in another twenty years. Arable and fertile farmland will be more important than resource deposits. Europeans and Asians are forward thinking by grabbing the next most important resource after water, land.

There is no reason why africans cant invest in technology to feed its population and sell to these asians instead of them valuing african land at $2 per hectare. Believe me, there is a lot of money to be made from agriculture in the coming years.

Thats correct, The middle classes in the emerging economies are pushing the price of food through the roof.  Africa has the natural advantage yet again, but unfortunately they lack the bio-technology, because their governments and private sector have NOT invest in it.

For example, England has about 3 months of Sun thats it! Yet the power sector is investing in solar energy! How, the government is forcing the energy companies to invest; yet in Nigeria they not only cannot generate electricity, the government is not even serious about solar energy - WHY? Next the west will be supplying Ekiti with solar energy!

Why can't the government encourage NIGERIANs to invest in MODERN farming?  I have had my eye on this for a few years now and its obvious the bio-tech industry is going to be huge in the future.
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by aribisala0(m): 7:51pm On Jun 11, 2011
in life keep it simple. never mind bio tech. just feeding people is huge. do you go to the market.
c
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by 2muchlogic(m): 7:58pm On Jun 11, 2011
aribisala0:

in life keep it simple. never mind bio tech. just feeding people is huge. do you go to the market.
c

Yes I prefer a supermarket or online shopping not a dirty market with people haggling no; if you keep it simple and primitive how can you improve the crop yields and quality of food?
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by aribisala0(m): 8:08pm On Jun 11, 2011
you are too clever so simple =primitive.

for me it means not complex,not complicated.

the best solutions are often simple
many african countries already export food.there are basic technologies already available to grow what we produce what is lacking is capital/enterprise.

even now i believe we are still a leading producer of groundnuts i think number5 or so.
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by 2muchlogic(m): 8:18pm On Jun 11, 2011
aribisala0:

[size=14pt]in life keep it simple. never mind bio tech. just feeding people is huge[/size]. do you go to the market.
c

In the context which you used the word 'simple' it implied primitive - SIMPLE  grin grin grin grin

aribisala0:

the best solutions are often simple
many african countries already export food.there are [size=14pt]basic technologies already available[/size] to grow what we produce [size=14pt]what is lacking is capital/enterprise.[/size]

even now i believe we are still a leading producer of groundnuts i think number5 or so.

You are going round in circles to prove that you did not mean primitive - funny  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by OAM4J: 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Am a true African man, I don't share my woman. but I can be shared by many women. cool
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by jensinmi(m): 8:48pm On Jun 11, 2011
2muchlogic:

Yes I prefer a supermarket or online shopping not a dirty market with people haggling no; if you keep it simple and primitive how can you improve the crop yields and quality of food?

@ 2muchlogic: I don dey feel you throughout this thread.

I do have to say that Aribisala0 has a point here.

Biotech is good and nice. But we can still go very far with the most basic stuff.

Problem is we have not even tried at all. It doesn't take more than water, seed, and tractors to begin the process.
We just haven't been bothered yet.

I'm very interested in Agriculture. I need to get some arable farm land in my Ekiti State.
I'm not greedy. 500 hectares is enough for a start. wink
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by aribisala0(m): 9:02pm On Jun 11, 2011
have you got any farming training/expertise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment / Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers / There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.