Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye (3330 Views)

Who Owns Lagos? By Sam Omatseye / Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta / Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by jason123: 1:04am On Jun 11, 2011
“Mr. Omatseye has no excuse for his intemperate and uncouth language. And as an Itsekiri man, he ought to know better, and he also ought to have done better.

Or does he not know who and what the great and immortal Awo means to us?"

Itsekiri Leaders of Thought, through its chairman, Pa Jos Ayomike, has condemned the article in which Mr. Sam Omatseye, an Itsekiri young man, insulted Chief (Mrs.) HID Awolowo and the entire family.

“We are disturbed by the young man’s tirade. As a journalist, he has the right and freedom to write and comment on issues as he pleases, but he must do so with discretion and decency, which, unfortunately, happens not to be the case in the current circumstances.

“Mr. Omatseye has no excuse for his intemperate and uncouth language. And as an Itsekiri man, he ought to know better, and he also ought to have done better. Or does he not know who and what the great and immortal Awo means to us? We are in perfect agreement with the thoughts and views of Chief Falae, Ayo Adebanjo and Oyegun on this matter,” Ayomike said.

http://tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/front-page-articles/4396-itsekiri-leaders-disown-omatseye-.html
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by aljharem3: 1:10am On Jun 11, 2011
i dey laff oh

e be like say itsekiri are turly yorubas in warri

yoruba and northerners 4 lye wink
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by aljharem3: 1:12am On Jun 11, 2011
jason123:

“Mr. Omatseye has no excuse for his intemperate and uncouth language.  And as an Itsekiri man, he ought to know better, and he also ought to have done better.

Or does he not know who and what the great and immortal Awo means to us?"

Itsekiri Leaders of Thought
, through its chairman, Pa Jos  Ayomike, has condemned the article in which Mr. Sam Omatseye, an Itsekiri young man, insulted Chief (Mrs.) HID Awolowo and the entire family.

“We are disturbed by the young man’s tirade.  As a journalist, he has the right and freedom to write and comment on issues as he pleases, but he must do so with discretion and decency, which, unfortunately, happens not to be the case in the current circumstances.

“Mr. Omatseye has no excuse for his intemperate and uncouth language.  And as an Itsekiri man, he ought to know better, and he also ought to have done better. Or does he not know who and what the great and immortal Awo means to us?  We are in perfect agreement with the thoughts and views of Chief Falae, Ayo Adebanjo and Oyegun on this matter,” Ayomike said.

http://tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/front-page-articles/4396-itsekiri-leaders-disown-omatseye-.html

smh

the deed is done

tinubu is going down cheesy
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by sbeezy8: 1:18am On Jun 11, 2011
joke of century i agree with Omatseye but maybe he should have left hid out shhes really old lol
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by Wizardofoz: 1:20am On Jun 11, 2011
alj_harem:

smh

the deed is done

tinubu is going down cheesy

How is life, my friend.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by sbeezy8: 1:21am On Jun 11, 2011
tribune needs to let it go
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by aljharem3: 1:22am On Jun 11, 2011
Wizardofoz:

How is life, my friend.

life is very good oh my brother

thanks for the correction wink

are u zstranger?
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by EkoIle1: 1:45am On Jun 11, 2011
lol @ tribune looking for any voice to hide behind.

The clowns disabled the comment section because they've been getting clowned with their silly daily attacks. Now they cut and pasted some made up comments on their site instead of allowing people to comment directly on their site.

Bunch of shameless scumbags,
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by OmoTier1(m): 10:25am On Jun 11, 2011
Like I said before, the empire is beginning to crumble! The guards men of egypt are running for cover!
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by amarilo: 10:42am On Jun 11, 2011
^^^^The shortest lived empire in human history.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by kpogede77: 3:05pm On Jun 11, 2011
It is very unfortunate that an Itsekiri man was used by Tinubu to propergate his agenda. Awolowo lives in the mind of Itsekiri people and he means a lot to Itsekiri nation even in death. I therefore join well meaning Itsekiri people to denounce Omatseye and his pay masters for trying to drag the name of our immortal leader to the mold. I am at lost as to what they seek to achieve by that article.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by MaiSuya(m): 6:38pm On Jun 11, 2011
Like I said in a previous thread, while Tribune seems to be doing all the screaming and shouting, The Nation, on the other hand, has maintained a steady, albeit curious, silence.

Apart from the reply by Oluwole Awolowo, there's been nothing else: no commentaries, no follow ups, nothing.

Could it be that Omatseye underestimated the kind of uproar his piece would generate?

I'm tempted to believe that The nation may want to distance itself from the piece, perhaps hoping that the article would be seen as a personal opinion of its Editorial board chairman and not an official position of the paper.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by EkoIle1: 7:03pm On Jun 11, 2011
Mai Suya:

Like I said in a previous thread, while Tribune seems to be doing all the screaming and shouting, The Nation, on the other hand, has maintained a steady, albeit curious, silence.

Apart from the reply by Oluwole Awolowo, there's been nothing else: no commentaries, no follow ups, nothing.

Could it be that Omatseye underestimated the kind of uproar his piece would generate?

I'm tempted to believe that The nation may want to distance itself from the piece, perhaps hoping that the article would be seen as a personal opinion of its Editorial board chairman and not an official position of the paper.

Actually, it was a bold move and a brilliant write up. They don't even even have to say anything anymore, they've made their point by puting the Tribune and Awo's family's BS out there for everybody to see.

They are political leaders and we don't expect them to be doing back and forth with the Awo family, they have work to do beyond going back and forth with some crooked and corrupt losers.

The SW picked the ACN and Tinubu to look out for them, not the Tribune, the PDP or the Awo family. The public is picking up the fight on behalf of the ACN and Tinubu, you need to get on FB or even read the comments from all the rubbish the Tribune is posting on their website, people are clowning them.

Omatseye is a brave man and I'm proud of him. He said what a lot of people are too scared to say.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by Pafuri(m): 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2011
Never knew that Omatseye was "owned" by Itsekiri "leaders". grin grin grin
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by emmatok(m): 10:22pm On Jun 11, 2011
Eko Ile:

Actually, it was a bold move and a brilliant write up. They don't even even have to say anything anymore, they've made their point by puting the Tribune and Awo's family's BS out there for everybody to see.

They are political leaders and we don't expect them to be doing back and forth with the Awo family, they have work to do beyond going back and forth with some crooked and corrupt losers.

The SW picked the ACN and Tinubu to look out for them, not the Tribune, the PDP or the Awo family. The public is picking up the fight on behalf of the ACN and Tinubu, you need to get on FB or even read the comments from all the rubbish the Tribune is posting on their website, people are clowning them.

Omatseye is a brave man and I'm proud of him. He said what a lot of people are too scared to say.

Sorry, to all Tinubu's worshipers.

The Tinubu that you worship will never ever insult Anybody in AWO's family.

Even Wole Shoyinka will never insult anybody in AWO's family

Because Tinubu as at today is riding on AWOLOWO's achievements.

That fool called Mr. Sam Omatseye should do him-self a favor,

Go apologize for your insult on Awo's family.

You don't insult an elder Yoruba LAND.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by MaiSuya(m): 10:25pm On Jun 11, 2011
Eko Ile:

Indeed @bolded . Even in the rejoinders to Oluwole Awolowo article, almost all of respondents, though expressing reservations with the flak on the nonagenarian, were more or less in support of Omateye.

My case is that The Nation's silence could easily be (mis)construed as a tacit repudiation of the contentious piece.

As Tribune dey fire the guy relentlessly, (no less then 10 stories at my last count, indeed the thread's title is on their cover of today!), na so The nation too for fire their own back.

Make them no just leave the guy like that naa. . .
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by MaiSuya(m): 10:40pm On Jun 11, 2011
emmatok:

Sorry, to all Tinubu's worshipers.

The Tinubu that you worship will never ever insult Anybody in AWO's family.

Even Wole Shoyinka will never insult anybody in AWO's family

Because Tinubu as at today is riding on AWOLOWO's achievements.

That fool called Mr. Sam Omatseye should do him-self a favor,

Go apologize  for your insult on Awo's family.

You don't insult an elder Yoruba LAND.

Were that the case, don't you think Tinubu would have by now dissociated himself from the story? And to the best of my knowledge he hasn't done that as of today.

The overall impression to me (an outsider) seems to be: Yes, we agree with Omatseye, but the language, particularly the attack on HID, was unbecoming.

They (Tinubu/Nation) have chosen to keep silent for a reason. Lets wait and see.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by EkoIle1: 11:43pm On Jun 11, 2011
Mai Suya:

Were that the case, don't you think Tinubu would have by now dissociated himself from the story? And to the best of my knowledge he hasn't done that as of today.

The overall impression to me (an outsider) seems to be: Yes, we agree with Omatseye, but the language, particularly the attack on HID, was unbecoming.

They (Tinubu/Nation) have chosen to keep silent for a reason. Lets wait and see.

the fact is, Tinubu and the ACN folks have made their point by exposing the Awo family, the tribune and their BS, that's why they are on the defensive writing rubbish ten times a day all over the place. I know the ACN. Folks and TInubu are siting somewhere laughing at them. This is another master stroke by the ACN.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by hercules07: 2:49am On Jun 12, 2011
@Eko and Mai Suya

Nice discussions jare, the BS that has been emanating from that family since the advent of democracy is too much, they have been on the side of the oppressors, all because of what they will eat, there is a yoruba adage that says ranti omo eni ti iwo n se (remember whose kid you are), they have forgotten the principles of their father and are dining with the devil. Tinubu is a master strategist and has exposed them, he does not need to say much again.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by nolongtin(m): 10:04am On Jun 12, 2011
Lai mohammed of ACN is always quick
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by nolongtin(m): 10:08am On Jun 12, 2011
Lia mohammed of d ACN is always quick to respond to attacks,but am sure they will not dis time around cus the know wen u attack AWO is the south west ur a gonna.The yoruba leadership is not 4 sale,so tinubu while u play the politics, dont be deceived that ur a mini- god.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by Wizardofoz: 11:00am On Jun 12, 2011
Eko Ile:

the fact is, Tinubu and the ACN folks have made their point by exposing the Awo family, the tribune and their BS, that's why they are on the defensive writing rubbish ten times a day all over the place. I know the ACN. Folks and TInubu are siting somewhere laughing at them. This is another master stroke by the ACN.

You are very daft!

You cant aspire to lead a people by trying to bring down the family of their revered leader. And, you cant aspire to Yoruba leadership cadre by keeping mum in times like this, allowing a b/a/s/t/a/r/d uncouth foreigner to lash out at the family of the most illustrious son of the people you want to lead, "sitting somewhere laughing at them."

Awo dont sit down and laugh at people. He either takes action with his head, castigate/congratulate, depending of the situation, with his mouth, or condemn in his mind. What he will not do is allow others to ridicule his people. Because very fundamental to the socio-political development of the Yoruba nation is the character of Yoruba (Asiwaju) leader, which Bola Ojuyobo Tinubu of the Chicago-Toronto-GCI fame is aspiring to. The 'Asaju' is the political head of all Yorubas. You become an authentic leader of the people because you have been elected or selected by the people to lead them.

Awolowo and Ajasin enjoyed the position as Yoruba leaders. There is  documented evidence on why BOLA TINUBU, Asiwaju awon drug dealers, can never becaome the Asiwaju of Yoruba. "Awo said in his book, Adventure in Power (page 314), "After my release, Colonel Adebayo who was military governor of the Western Region convened   a  meeting , including the leading Obas (Royal Majesties) in the region were also there. Leaders of all shades of political opinion in the region were also there……

I was elected by the governor to preside over the deliberations at the meeting. At the very outset, the question of electing a leader for the Yoruba people was raised. I ruled it out of order, The vocal among them were former members of N.C.N.C. and N.N.D.P.  As the debate proceeded, certain thoughts ran through by mind. When one of the speakers pleaded that I should reconsider my ruling, I gave in. There was a big applause for my compliance and so without any further debate a motion was proposed, it was seconded by acclamation and unanimously passed; electing me the leader (Asiwaju) of the Yoruba People”.

On September 12, 1966, Awo attended the ad-hoc conference for constitutional proposal as head of the Western Region delegation. The Arole Odua, Ooni of Ife confirmed the people’s wishes by giving his royal and spiritual blessing to the selection of Papa Awolowo as Yoruba leader.

Today, we have Asiwajus who only won their primaries after buying delegates with money from proceeds from their Overseas drug dealings.

Asiwajus that cannot be proud of their past who want to lead the proud Yoruba people.

May God save us from this money-miss-road. Asiwaju awon fake certificate peddlers!
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by birdman(m): 12:38am On Jun 13, 2011
Eko Ile:

Are you one of those keyboard warriors living abroad somewhere? Yorubas do not follow their leaders into perdition. Even Awo had opposition whenever it was felt he was moving in the wrong direction. ACN supporter or not, the article was a dastardly act. Maybe you know ACN better than I do - but I'm betting Tinubu will get censured internally. I'm also betting the state governors will also distance themselves from this- this is a distraction they don't need. Denigrating those that came before you is a good way to lose the people's mandate.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by EkoIle1: 3:50am On Jun 13, 2011
Wizardofoz:

You are very daft!

You cant aspire to lead a people by trying to bring down the family of their revered leader. And, you cant aspire to Yoruba leadership cadre by keeping mum in times like this, allowing a b/a/s/t/a/r/d uncouth foreigner to lash out at the family of the most illustrious son of the people you want to lead, "sitting somewhere laughing at them."

Awo dont sit down and laugh at people. He either takes action with his head, castigate/congratulate, depending of the situation, with his mouth, or condemn in his mind. What he will not do is allow others to ridicule his people. Because very fundamental to the socio-political development of the Yoruba nation is the character of Yoruba (Asiwaju) leader, which Bola Ojuyobo Tinubu of the Chicago-Toronto-GCI fame is aspiring to. The 'Asaju' is the political head of all Yorubas. You become an authentic leader of the people because you have been elected or selected by the people to lead them.

Awolowo and Ajasin enjoyed the position as Yoruba leaders. There is documented evidence on why BOLA TINUBU, Asiwaju awon drug dealers, can never becaome the Asiwaju of Yoruba. "Awo said in his book, Adventure in Power (page 314), "After my release, Colonel Adebayo who was military governor of the Western Region convened a meeting , including the leading Obas (Royal Majesties) in the region were also there. Leaders of all shades of political opinion in the region were also there……

I was elected by the governor to preside over the deliberations at the meeting. At the very outset, the question of electing a leader for the Yoruba people was raised. I ruled it out of order, The vocal among them were former members of N.C.N.C. and N.N.D.P. As the debate proceeded, certain thoughts ran through by mind. When one of the speakers pleaded that I should reconsider my ruling, I gave in. There was a big applause for my compliance and so without any further debate a motion was proposed, it was seconded by acclamation and unanimously passed; electing me the leader (Asiwaju) of the Yoruba People”.

On September 12, 1966, Awo attended the ad-hoc conference for constitutional proposal as head of the Western Region delegation. The Arole Odua, Ooni of Ife confirmed the people’s wishes by giving his royal and spiritual blessing to the selection of Papa Awolowo as Yoruba leader.

Today, we have Asiwajus who only won their primaries after buying delegates with money from proceeds from their Overseas drug dealings.

Asiwajus that cannot be proud of their past who want to lead the proud Yoruba people.

May God save us from this money-miss-road. Asiwaju awon fake certificate peddlers!

I like andf appreciate the fact that you people reflect what you see in the mirror hence you being the not only the daft and clueless dum'b a/ss alive, but also the the weakest slowpoke and I'll explain to you why.

1. ACN and Tinubu did not start this fight, the Awolowo family and their Tribune newspaper cooked it up, they've been attacking the ACN and it's leaders for well over a year on a daily basis non stop. So, you really should have directed your little dum.b essay to the same clowns you are defending.

2. Obviously, all the silly crap you spewed at the ACN and it's leaders applies to the Awolow family and their paid attack dogs called writers a million times since they cooked up the fight and have been attacking other people relentlessly. They are more than uncouth, they are cheap sell outs using Awolow's image and legacy to make quick change @ the expense of the people of the SW, the same people Awolowo served till his death. They are nothing but lazy bums

3. Awolowo did not use his image, prestige and respect or and the trubune to attack and brutalize the people of the SW

4. Unlike the greedy and predatory Awolow family of today, Awolowo did not dine or break bread with the same evil people he fought till his death

5. Awolwo did not sell his ideals or betray his people like the sorry fools using his image and legacy to creat unnecessary animosity and destruction

6. Unlike the gread and predatory Awolow family of today, when Awolowo lost, he was a gentleman, he did not attack or use his newspaper to attack people, abuse people and call them names every day.

7. All your anti Tinubu and ACN crap is a sad reflection of your own stupidity, ignorance and lack of any form of political understanding and leadership. The people of the south west spoke already and with their votes, they gave their trust and affairs to Tinubu and the ACN to manage, the people of the SW voted against the clowns and pathetic evil people you are defending. The vlowns you are defending are rejected scumbags, our discarded rotten eggs.

Lastly and again, it's all about the people, Tinubu and the ACN did not sell out, they did not buy or force the people of the SW to select them as their leaders and going against Tinubu and the people of the SW is an afront and assoult on the people of the SW.

About your usual dum'b and mindless rumors and innuendos, that's for scum bags and market women like you to debate so I'll slide over that gutter and let you swin in it all by yourself.

The Nation writer in question is a brave man and I admire his bravery very much.

Now, see why you are the daftest clown around?
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by EkoIle1: 4:58am On Jun 13, 2011
birdman:

Are you one of those keyboard warriors living abroad somewhere? Yorubas do not follow their leaders into perdition. Even Awo had opposition whenever it was felt he was moving in the wrong direction. ACN supporter or not, the article was a dastardly act. Maybe you know ACN better than I do - but I'm betting Tinubu will get censured internally. I'm also betting the state governors will also distance themselves from this- this is a distraction they don't need. Denigrating those that came before you is a good way to lose the people's mandate.

It's very hard for me to take you people seriously with your mindless, silly and misguided outrage.

Have you asked yourself how this all started and who initiated the fight?

What do you have to say about the Awolowo family conspiring with the same elements Awolow fought against to attack and insult the people of the SW on behalf of their crooked and corrupt PDP?

How do you reconcile saying all that stuff about disrespecting Awolowo and at the same time defending the people who sold his name and image, the people who are dragging his name on the ground by dinning with the evil people Awolowo fought against, the people using the newspaper Awolowo started to be the voice of the people to attack the same people Awolowo served and protected?

Just how do you reconcile both? Does it make sense to you? Was Awolowo going around attacking people needlessly because he lost elections?  Was he selling out left and right?,

Talking perdition, do you even know the meaning of that word? The way you are going on and on about Awolowo, are you not doing the same blind follow follow?

It's sickning the pathetic, lazy and backward mentality of many of you.

Awolowo was a great leader in his days, but we did not bury our destiny and our future with Awolowo. We are going to grow way better than we did during his time, we are going to advance and have more great leaders.

Where is the sense and wisdom in confining your greatness, capacity and ability to do better to the past? Awolowo did his best, we have to stop this silly and backward thinking, we have to move on and aim higher, we have to develope better leaders. Even Fashola is on track to overtake Awo's achievements as expected and I'm sure Awolow himself expexted us to do way better than he did.

With the last elections, the people of the SW picked Tinubu and the ACN and you people need to step aside with your silly hate, you need to respect the people's wish and let them do their job.

Are you on the side of the people or the evil forces holding us back? You people are on the wrong side of the fence.

Our best days are ahead of us, no behind us.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by Desola(f): 5:34am On Jun 13, 2011
Eko Ile,

I agree with a good chunk of your arguments ie, the SW can/should groom greater leaders who would surpass the works of Awo and that Awo himself would have wished that we progress on his work. That we shouldn't bask only in past glory but strive to attain greater heights.

I wouldn't however agree with you that the SW voted for ACN to have TInubu at the helm of their affairs, rather they voted to see Fashola's good work replicated in their states too. Fashola was the winning formula for ACN and not Tinubu.

Yes, we applaud Tinubu's ingenuity when it comes to dealing with the stronghold of the center but we don't want him lauding it over us in the west. He is the Asiwaju of Lagos and not of the entire Yoruba people. He does not merit that accolade.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by Nobody: 5:38am On Jun 13, 2011
Desola:

Eko Ile,

I agree with a good chunk of your arguments ie, the SW can/should groom greater leaders who would surpass the works of Awo and that Awo himself would have wished that we progress on his work. That we shouldn't bask only in past glory but strive to attain greater heights.

I wouldn't however agree with you that the SW voted for ACN to have TInubu at the helm of their affairs, rather they voted to see Fashola's good work replicated in their states too. Fashola was the winning formula for ACN and not Tinubu.

Yes, we applaud Tinubu's ingenuity when it comes to dealing with the stronghold of the center but we don't want him lauding it over us in the west. He is the Asiwaju of Lagos and not of the entire Yoruba people. He does not merit that accolade.

GBAM!

Tinubu dares not go into Ekiti and claim leadership.

Tinubu is just politically brilliant, I'll give him that. Fashola was the winning formula for ACN.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by birdman(m): 8:22am On Jun 13, 2011
Eko Ile:

It's very hard for me to take you people seriously with your mindless, silly and misguided outrage.

Have you asked yourself how this all started and who initiated the fight?

What do you have to say about the Awolowo family conspiring with the same elements Awolow fought against to attack and insult the people of the SW on behalf of their crooked and corrupt PDP?

How do you reconcile saying all that stuff about disrespecting Awolowo and at the same time defending the people who sold his name and image, the people who are dragging his name on the ground by dinning with the evil people Awolowo fought against, the people using the newspaper Awolowo started to be the voice of the people to attack the same people Awolowo served and protected?

Just how do you reconcile both? Does it make sense to you? Was Awolowo going around attacking people needlessly because he lost elections?  Was he selling out left and right?,

Talking perdition, do you even know the meaning of that word? The way you are going on and on about Awolowo, are you not doing the same blind follow follow?

It's sickning the pathetic, lazy and backward mentality of many of you.

Awolowo was a great leader in his days, but we did not bury our destiny and our future with Awolowo. We are going to grow way better than we did during his time, we are going to advance and have more great leaders.

Where is the sense and wisdom in confining your greatness, capacity and ability to do better to the past? Awolowo did his best, we have to stop this silly and backward thinking, we have to move on and aim higher, we have to develope better leaders. Even Fashola is on track to overtake Awo's achievements as expected and I'm sure Awolow himself expexted us to do way better than he did.

With the last elections, the people of the SW picked Tinubu and the ACN and you people need to step aside with your silly hate, you need to respect the people's wish and let them do their job.

Are you on the side of the people or the evil forces holding us back? You people are on the wrong side of the fence.

Our best days are ahead of us, no behind us.

Did you just post that? I had to read that twice. Just because I chided Tinubu, who you obviously admire a lot is no reason to go into a meltdown with a nonsensical rant. I really couldn't make head or tail of your post - are you suggesting that the article should indeed have been published, because of what you perceive as HID selling out? I'm not an Awoite, as much as I admire him, but if anyone (Omatseye included) claims to have any respect for Awo, you know enough not to denigrate his wife while the man lies in his grave.

Question: would you have supported the article if it didnt have Tinubu's hand in it? Or are you just going along with the flow ie. anything Tinubu does must be right. Not only does Tinubu deserve censure, I 'm 100% sure he's going to get a good rebuke whenever ACN leaders convene again, in addition to the ones that must have reached him by now. Save the motorpack tout tactics for the PDP, not your own people.

Btw, I know what perdition is. Maybe its just me, but when you throw a dead statesman's wife under the bus publicly, you are begging for karma (not the good kind).

Had to respond to this specifically. Are you on crack? SMH
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by rasputinn(m): 8:41am On Jun 13, 2011
I wonder how much Omatseye got paid to embark on that ignoble route for which he is taking all the flak
Of course Omatseye is the dancer,but we all know the crook whose drumbeats Omatseye danced to
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by Eltonluigi(m): 9:07am On Jun 13, 2011
Truth Hurts!
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by EkoIle1: 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2011
Desola:

Eko Ile,

I wonder why we act like self defeatists with no sense of pride and worth in our leaders.

You just attributed to Tinubu what at the same time you're trying to take away from him. I'll carefully explain to you why many of you are wrong.

According to you and many people, Tinubu is nothing without Fashola, but your are very very wrong and it's the other way around, Fashola is nothing without Tinubu, we have Fashola today because of Tinubu.

1. We have Fashola and Lagos state today because Tinubu staked his life on the line to fight for the soul of Lagos

2. All the things we admire Lagos and Fashola for from BRT, Lagos Badagry express, Eko Atlantic, Lekki Free trade, Lekki Airport, Metro Rail and many more were planed and designed by Tinubu himself with his vision and foresight.

3. We have Fashola today because Tinubu used his good sense and wisdom to hand over Lagos state to a man like Fashola

3. There wont be any Fashola and boast of if Tinubu did not put in place the best IGR tax system in Nigeria to allow Fashola access to funds for the transformation of Lagos.

4. All the above according to you was the reason why the people of the SW voted the ACN, strictly because of Fashola, but as stated, the people of the SW were able to admire Fashola, but without Tinubu making it possible for Lagos to be in the hands of the ACN by fighting OBJ and the federal government and it's huge resources, the people of the SW wont have anything to hand over to the ACN in terms of votes.

5. The people of the SW are not dumb, Tinubu fought for their soul, Tinubu gave them back their respect and dignity, Tinubu gave them a renewed senses of hope and a better life.

It beats me why some of us allow other people to define our leaders for us by painting them dirty, some of us have zero sense of loyalty to ourselves and our leaders. What more do you want from the man. He's been able to do even what Awolowo was not able to do till his death, Yoruba people are whole again because of one man's vision and selfless efforts.

Tinubu is a Yoruba leader and the most powerful politician in Nigeria Today, with his smarts and brains, he liberated the SW without any loss of life or blood shed. He gave you back your voice.

They can not slap us in the face no more because we have a man like Tinubu standing and deflecting the blows away from the people of the SW.

Tinubu is a great leader with superb courage and deep sense of commitment and love for his people.

Have some sense of pride and loyalty in your own, don't let other people wrongly define your leaders for you.
Re: Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye by EkoIle1: 3:29pm On Jun 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

GBAM!

Tinubu dares not go into Ekiti and claim leadership.

Tinubu is just politically brilliant, I'll give him that. Fashola was the winning formula for ACN.

The same Ekiti that was in slavery under PDP before Tinubu stepped in to liberate the same Ekiti right?

Again, Tinubu was the wining formula because without him and what he did for Lagos, Fashola go just remain a dream in our sleep.

Sometimes I wonder about you people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Dollar Salary For Okonjo-Iweala, Others — Jonathan / Lagos To Build Center For Raped Victims / INEC Releases Presidential Election Results In 23 Lga In Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.