Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden (910 Views)

My Snail And Vegetable Backyard Garden / Turkey In My Backyard / 250 Trailers Load With Fertilizer Arrive Kebbi For Dry Season Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Roses1759: 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2021
Please assist me with my backyard and sack farming. In the attached pictures, there are two different fertilizers:

One, please what are the fertilizers called e.g urea or NPK, am confused I don't know them by name.

Two, my crops are about one month old. Can I apply any of the fertilizers or should I apply both?

* I planted tomatoes, pepper, garden egg, corn, watermelon and cucumber. Is there anyone that should not receive fertilizer?

* When my first crops were about two-three weeks old, I applied the white fertilizer and they died so I had to replant these ones in
the pictures.

Kindly assist with your advice please. Thank you so much in advance.

*** TO ALL FARMERS IN NAIRALAND, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INSPIRATIONS IN YOUR VARIOUS THREADS AND CONTRIBUTIONS AND ADVICE ON DIFFERENT THREADS BY OTHERS I HAVE READ. GOD BLESS YOU ALL. I STARTED MY SMALL BACKYARD AND SACK FARMS THROUGH THE INSPIRATION ABD STRENGTH IN THE FARMING TOPICS ON THIS SECTION OF NL.
Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Roses1759: 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2021
The pictures are not uploading... Am still trying hard to upload them. Let me resize them.
Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Roses1759: 4:06pm On Dec 03, 2021
Fertilizer one

Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Nezzjnr: 4:10pm On Dec 03, 2021
For Cucumbers

Apply Npk +Urea at day 10

Npk alone at day 16

Npk + Mpp at day 28

Npk + Mop at day 40

Tomatoes.

I apply Npk twice
Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Roses1759: 4:15pm On Dec 03, 2021
Tt

Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Roses1759: 4:16pm On Dec 03, 2021
Fertilizer two

Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Roses1759: 4:17pm On Dec 03, 2021
My garden

1 Like

Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Roses1759: 4:23pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nezzjnr:
For Cucumbers

Apply Npk +Urea at day 10

Npk alone at day 16

Npk + Mpp at day 28

Npk + Mop at day 40

Tomatoes.

I apply Npk twice

Oh, thank you for assisting me. Please kindly explain, in the fertilizer pictures I uploaded, which one is npk or urea? Fertilizer one picture is white fertilizer and fertilizer two is brownish. What are each fertilizer called please! Am a complete novice in farming. It's Nairaland farmers that inspired me to start this little I embarked on.

1 Like

Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Nezzjnr: 4:24pm On Dec 03, 2021
Roses1759:

Oh, thank you for assisting me. Please kindly explain, in the fertilizer pictures I uploaded, which one is npk or urea? Fertilizer one picture is white fertilizer and fertilizer two is brownish. What are each fertilizer called please! Am a complete novice in farming. It's Nairaland farmers that inspired me to start this little I embarked on.
Fertilizer one is Urea

Fertilizer two is Obviously Npk

2 Likes

Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Roses1759: 4:29pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Fertilizer one is Urea

Fertilizer two is Obviously Npk

Thank you once again. I appreciate you contributions.
Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Nezzjnr: 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2021
Roses1759:

Thank you once again. I appreciate you contributions.
You are welcome
Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Ufeolorun(m): 9:39am On Dec 05, 2021
you really dont need urea for backyard Garden, go look for chicken manure- its usually more balanced with lots of micro nutrients.

npk, chicken manure and you should be good

1 Like

Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Roses1759: 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ufeolorun:
you really dont need urea for backyard Garden, go look for chicken manure- its usually more balanced with lots of micro nutrients.

npk, chicken manure and you should be good

Thank you for this.

I noticed urea and npk killed my plants when I first planted before. I replanted this present crops but I noticed today that the very small amount of npk and urea appplied on different crops is killing them. Their leaves have shrunk and changed colour. I applied it on just three crops to test if what happened before will repeat itself. I will stop further use of npk and urea on my backyard garden. I do apply chicken manure on my crops but I just felt like trying out npk and urea, they didn't favour me.

Thank you for your contribution, I will stick to the chicken manure you suggested.

1 Like

Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by willybaby(m): 9:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
Roses1759:

Thank you for this.

I noticed urea and npk killed my plants when I first planted before. I replanted this present crops but I noticed today that the very small amount of npk and urea appplied on different crops is killing them. Their leaves have shrunk and changed colour. I applied it on just three crops to test if what happened before will repeat itself. I will stop further use of npk and urea on my backyard garden. I do apply chicken manure on my crops but I just felt like trying out npk and urea, they didn't favour me.

Thank you for your contribution, I will stick to the chicken manure you suggested.
A vital question is what quantity are you applying especially the urea (white one) and how close to the plants root do you apply.. As advised earlier cured chicken waste works wonders too
Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Roses1759: 3:38pm On Dec 06, 2021
willybaby:
A vital question is what quantity are you applying especially the urea (white one) and how close to the plants root do you apply.. As advised earlier cured chicken waste works wonders too

I applied very small quantity. I planted the pepper round in a sack so the center is free, I poured very little in the center. I applied the second brown fertilizer on another set of plants in small quantity and same thing happened. In pictures below, the leaves of the peppers have started changing colour and two leaves have fallen already. Thank you for your contribution.

Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Roses1759: 3:41pm On Dec 06, 2021
Another picture

Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Roses1759: 3:47pm On Dec 06, 2021
Am concentrating on chicken manure , I have given up on fertilizers. Below are corn and garden eggs growing well with chicken manure.

Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Roses1759: 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2021
Corn

Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Ufeolorun(m): 8:56pm On Dec 06, 2021
Urea i have alot against but npk is good if you apply it at the right time,place and amount.
this tiny seedlings have everythin they need in the manure but once they start to flower, you would need the Npk to encourage good fruit set l
Roses1759:
Another picture

1 Like

Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Roses1759: 12:38pm On Dec 07, 2021
Okay, I see. I will try the npk during fruiting to help them fruit well. Thanks once again.

Ufeolorun:
Urea i have alot against but npk is good if you apply it at the right time,place and amount.
this tiny seedlings have everythin they need in the manure but once they start to flower, you would need the Npk to encourage good fruit set l
Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Seun(m): 7:32am On Jan 01, 2022
Roses1759:
Thank you for this. I noticed urea and npk killed my plants when I first planted before.
The thing about NPK and urea is that they are highly concentrated, so you only need a very small quantity, like 1 teaspoonful for each plant. Excess urea is especially bad for plants because it burns their roots and also makes our naturally acidic soils more acidic over time.

3 Likes

Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Munzy14(m): 10:00am On Jan 01, 2022
Roses1759:
Please assist me with my backyard and sack farming. In the attached pictures, there are two different fertilizers:

One, please what are the fertilizers called e.g urea or NPK, am confused I don't know them by name.

Two, my crops are about one month old. Can I apply any of the fertilizers or should I apply both?

* I planted tomatoes, pepper, garden egg, corn, watermelon and cucumber. Is there anyone that should not receive fertilizer?

* When my first crops were about two-three weeks old, I applied the white fertilizer and they died so I had to replant these ones in
the pictures.

Kindly assist with your advice please. Thank you so much in advance.

*** TO ALL FARMERS IN NAIRALAND, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INSPIRATIONS IN YOUR VARIOUS THREADS AND CONTRIBUTIONS AND ADVICE ON DIFFERENT THREADS BY OTHERS I HAVE READ. GOD BLESS YOU ALL. I STARTED MY SMALL BACKYARD AND SACK FARMS THROUGH THE INSPIRATION ABD STRENGTH IN THE FARMING TOPICS ON THIS SECTION OF NL.
You really don't need all this fertilizers regarding the crops you listed...Except maybe your cucumber plants at young age.

Source of an aged poultry manure, mix well with garden soil, bag and plant your crops...

Be very generous with the poultry manure, and watch your plants do miracles with growth and yield.

Urea is used for green leafy vegetables in a very very small quantity...And it is applied in the cooler evening followed by a generous irrigation..If not the plants will get burnt.

1 Like

Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by God1000(m): 11:01am On Jan 01, 2022
Seun:

The thing about NPK and urea is that they are highly concentrated, so you only need a very small quantity, like 1 teaspoonful for each plant. Excess urea is especially bad for plants because it burns their roots and also makes our naturally acidic soils more acidic over time.
happy new year Mr seun, this your platform is indeed amazing.

Please push my threads to front page
Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Roses1759: 10:33pm On Jan 03, 2022
Thank you very much, your contribution is very helpful. You're right with the urea being able to burn plants. I saw it happen to my pepper.

Munzy14:

You really don't need all this fertilizers regarding the crops you listed...Except maybe your cucumber plants at young age.

Source of an aged poultry manure, mix well with garden soil, bag and plant your crops...

Be very generous with the poultry manure, and watch your plants do miracles with growth and yield.

Urea is used for green leafy vegetables in a very very small quantity...And it is applied in the cooler evening followed by a generous irrigation..If not the plants will get burnt.
Re: Farmers Pleaseeee Assist Me With Fertilizer Application On My Backyard Garden by Roses1759: 10:47pm On Jan 03, 2022
Thank you a million, you are very correct about urea making the soul very acidic because I noticed that in my garden.

All hail Oga Seun... Good evening sir.

Seun:

(1) (Reply)

Brewery Waste Needed / A Complete Run Down On How To Start And Benefits Of Poultry Farm / Table Size Catfish For Sale!!!...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.