Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,336 members, 7,808,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College (31054 Views)

Mohammad Bello Orders Indefinite Closure Of Abuja Dei-Dei Market over Crisis / Sylvester Ofori Beating His Wife Before He Killed Her (Video) / Prophet Sylvester Ofori Shoots Wife, Barbara Tommey, Dead In US (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by domesifa(m): 4:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
The Lagos State Government on Friday ordered the indefinite closure of Dowen College, Lekki, following the investigation into the death of Sylvester Oromoni, a student of the school.

This was contained in a statement signed by the Assistant Director, Public Affairs, of the Lagos State Ministry of Education, Ganiu Lawal.

The statement read, “The Lagos State Government has ordered the indefinite closure of Dowen College, Lekki, pending the outcome of an investigation into the death of Sylvester Oromoni Jnr, a student of the school.

Commissioner for Education, Mrs. Folasade Adefisayo, announced the closure after a meeting with the School Management and Staff.

“The Commissioner called for calm, saying no effort will be spared in getting to the root of the incident.”

https://punchng.com/breaking-sylvester-oromoni-lagos-orders-indefinite-closure-of-dowen-college/?amp

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by Maxymilliano(m): 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
I hope Lagos state government will not submit another white paper for peace movement undecided

221 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by clarocuzioo(m): 4:22pm On Dec 03, 2021
Good one. Proper investigation should be carried out. There should be an autopsy on the dead boy with family members present and taking pictures.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by WibusJaga: 4:37pm On Dec 03, 2021

That's Good. Let proper & detailed investigations be carried out. But i fear justice may not be served in the end because the culprits are most likely kids of the rich & influential in society.
They'll do everything to cover up the dastardly act & save their kids.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by thesicilian: 4:40pm On Dec 03, 2021
clarocuzioo:
Good one. Proper investigation should be carried out. There should be an autopsy on the dead boy with family members present and taking pictures.
Taking pictures of what? The dead body of a little boy being cut open? You guys just like to open your mouths to spew out what you don't know

143 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by Landmack: 4:41pm On Dec 03, 2021
Such a young handsome boy. A striking resemblance with my nephew.
This certainly the best thing to do by the state govt. immediate shutdown of the school for investigation. Those found culpable must be brought to book and made to face the music.

Akwaibom state govt should take a cue from this.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by clarocuzioo(m): 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2021
thesicilian:

Taking pictures of what? The dead body of a little boy being cut open? You guys just like to open your mouths to spew out what you don't know

Yes, it's for their private consumption and probably as an evidence.

Evil is rife in this country. dead bodies got lost in lekki massacre how much less a piece of autopsy report.

The suspects have been flown out of the country telling you that powerful people are involved.

You are obviously a kid and dont know what's at stake here.

Get lost.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by thesicilian: 4:58pm On Dec 03, 2021
clarocuzioo:

Yes, it's for their private consumption and probably as an evidence.

Evil is rife in this country. dead bodies got lost in lekki massacre how much less a piece of autopsy report.

The suspects have been flown out of the country telling you that powerful people are involved.

You are obviously a kid and dont know what's at stake here.

Get lost.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by OfficialGaGa(m): 5:05pm On Dec 03, 2021
nice one.... but wetin happen to the children involved.? when dem dey? who born dem? rich people children....

these so caused "Rich parents" won't say anything cause their child(ren) is/are not the victim....

breakfast go soon reach dem

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by slawormiir: 5:05pm On Dec 03, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
But football can really cause body injuries
If not for the lips....I would have concluded a little bit that it is a case of fractured hips from the football

I remember when I was a little boy playing the normal monkey post

I had this same hips injury...fell down awkwardly

For good one week...I was unable to walk...I nearly died

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by gassbee: 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nice one, the principal should b cooling his heels somewhere by now

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by johnwegs(m): 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2021
Let them burn down the school

3 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by Olam09(m): 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2021
Good

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by RosyIsBlessed: 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nice one. Lagos State Government always proactive.

4 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by BABANGBALI: 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2021
Very good decision!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by SurvivorM(f): 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2021
Yes #JusticeforSylvester and please we should try to share the hashtag in all our WhatsApp group.
I hope it's trend on Twitter, a 12 years old boy was killed.
Silence is not an option

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by jacoik(m): 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2021
Maxymilliano:
I hope Lagos state government will not submit another white paper for peace movement undecided
lolxxxxx hahahaha u be witch I swear fir reading my mind

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by KingAzari: 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2021
If your son kills my son in the name of cultism, I'd go back to school and exhume my red, white and black bandana, kill your son, kill you and kill all the people involved including the owner of the school and his son.

What nonsense. It is like a recruit killing a retired general's son in the name of drills. Na body go tell you.

16 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by Skillsnigeria: 5:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by tommy589(m): 5:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
Someone said it earlier that we should expect official response from Lagos state and possibility of school closure when the video of the boy on sick bed got posted
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by flemsy15(m): 5:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
Unnecessary and wicked maltreatment by teachers and senior students in our secondary school did not start today but I love d way this is going so that others still indulging in it will desist from it.
RIP to the boy

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by Emuforlife1: 5:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
Not only that, all the staffs should be arrested even the security guyz.

5 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by Kingcalls: 5:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
The principal should be arrested

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by freemantic: 5:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
good one... I havent been myself since I watched the video. People are just wicked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by Pidginwhisper: 5:09pm On Dec 03, 2021
Dem go still open am.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by Fiscus105(m): 5:09pm On Dec 03, 2021
I think Tisa n sch management should learn how to expell recalcitrant students and send them to their parents, child that has been completely spoit from home, 100milions Tisa can't change him in sch.

Also, Tisa should also learn how not to transfer their aggression and depression at home onto pupils they are teaching and nurturing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by Freestainworld(m): 5:09pm On Dec 03, 2021
Autopsy will do them alot good, this can't be swept under the carpet.

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by obonujoker(m): 5:10pm On Dec 03, 2021
School business is the toughest business to run... Dealing with people children... All school owners must always monitor activities, and must be filled with prayers everyday.

Put policies in place to curb such illegal activities. The fear wey dey catch you say you go lose customers or students, when e happen, e go finally catch you with no one to stand by your side.

And kudos to Lagos state government for this follow up

13 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
domesifa:

Oromoni
https://punchng.com/breaking-sylvester-oromoni-lagos-orders-indefinite-closure-of-dowen-college/?amp
Na real òrò-òmò-ní!

The management of dowen college didn't act wisely!

We are talking about a child entrusted into your care! SMH

Governments should also share part of the blame!

Where there's lack of discipline, things like these are bound to happen!

"Mr do good" has it advantages! If to say them dey use am for that place, those students for fear before them do this kind thing to a child trying to be upright!

RIP to the innocent boy!

4 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Orders Indefinite Closure Of Dowen College by YorubaEniEgun: 5:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
for what reason

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SARS Shoots Ram Seller Dead At A Market In Kogi (Graphic Photos) / Man Beats Lady To Coma On Her Birthday At A Hotel In Lagos / We Killed NBA Chairman For Withholding N18m Internet Fraud Proceeds –suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.