Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos (12343 Views)

SS1 Student Caught Wearing Spiritual Amulet 'Igbadi' In Ogun State (Photos) / APC UK Mocks Corpers Who Don't Know Meaning Of 'CCTV' & 'vertebrae' (video) / Meaning Of CD Number On A WAEC Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2021
So, what do geckos represent spiritually? What’s the symbolism of a gecko? What messages should we pay attention to when we see one? grin grin

First, we must consider that geckos are lizards. Lizards are viewed as being messengers from the other side. They connect us with spirituality and enlightenment. Lizards are known for their ability to regenerate and survive any circumstance. Also, they have deep rooted connections with translating messages from the dream world. The gecko represents all of this along with even more detailed meanings of adaptability and speed.

Geckos are most famously known for their ability to regrow their tails should they lose them. The new tail the gecko will grow is most certainly better than the one before. The new skin a gecko grows is ready for a fresh beginning. And, you too should welcome the new and better things to come in your life!

Geckos represent good luck and fortune coming into your home and into your life. Also, they are actually thought to be guardians of the home. They protect the house from any negativity

Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by habsydiamond(m): 5:24pm On Dec 03, 2021
Really, these things dem dey plenty for am house o.. I dey even think say Na my villa people dey send them.. All God created are good things no be like.. In every disadvantages there must be an advantage somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by halfbloodprince(m): 7:21pm On Dec 03, 2021
I burnt one with hot water the other day. I’m sorry I was scared

2 Likes

Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by RoyalBoutique(m): 7:34pm On Dec 03, 2021
Most importantly, they eat insects around your house.

So if you have a lot of geckos, it means you have a lot of ants, mosquitoes, houseflies in your house.

11 Likes

Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by Finewarriboy: 9:24pm On Dec 03, 2021
Wall gecko is a very poisonous animal that shouldn't be tolerated in the home.

Once upon a time, an entire family died in Delta after eating food that wall gecko fell in.

The creature also stinks as hell, far more than cadaver. Make sure you protect your home against this poisonous lizard, always block tiny holes and openings that can create access for them. Make sure you use special fumigation technique to wipe them off completely and also caution your wards against touching the dead ones.

Make ona hear word o.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by TheWolfen(m): 9:45pm On Dec 03, 2021
Story
I don't like any other living thing in my space be it gecko, roaches, rat, mosquitoes, ants or any other bugs or pest that love the comfort of people's home.
Anyone mistakenly enter my house nah to kill am straight.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by 1Sharon(f): 2:12am On Dec 04, 2021
Finewarriboy:

Once upon a time, an entire family died in Delta after eating food that wall gecko fell in.

The creature also stinks as hell, far more than cadaver. Make sure you protect your home against this poisonous lizard, always block tiny holes and openings that can create access for them. Make sure you use special fumigation technique to wipe them off completely and also caution your wards against touching the dead ones.

Make ona hear word o.

Fake news. Geckos are harmless.

The creature literally minds it's business.

10 Likes

Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by snitchbitch: 2:21am On Dec 04, 2021
@OP

PLease stop misinforming people

WALL GECKOS, YORUBA NAME OMOLE

are very very bad animals fo yoi to have in your house and they should be killed on sight with your shoes or broom stick bunch

they are amongst the creatures of hell fire as they breathed fire on PROPHET ABRAHAM, AS, when his enemies threw him inside fire but GOD saved him from the fire

also wall geckos in your house or room means A VERY VERY BAD SIGN OF POVERTY IN YOUR LIFE

so please do the needful and kill any wall gecko you find in your room or house

thanks

#itiswell!

6 Likes

Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by SportsHD: 2:28am On Dec 04, 2021
I smoke high grade a lot in my room. They'll fall down after some while maybe due to the highness and I won't see them for a week.

1 Like

Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by Ola17: 3:44am On Dec 04, 2021
Finewarriboy:

Make ona hear word o.

These are nothing but misinformation. Quite mind boggling what people choose to believe in this Age of Enlightenment.

The common African wall gecko, like other reptiles could be carriers of disease causing pathogens but aren’t inherently poisonous. In some alternative medical practices, geckos are boiled and the water used to treat patients. Geckos do not smell too.

The internet has placed information at our fingertips, ignorance is a choice.

4 Likes

Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by princeabdul(m): 8:26am On Dec 04, 2021
you people just woke up and post rubbish, this op was high on yoghurt
Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by POLYGAMY: 8:32am On Dec 04, 2021
WALL GECKO IS EVIL AND SHOULD BE KILLED IMMEDIATELY YOU SEE IT IN YOUR HOUSE.

THE SUNNAH OF THE PROPHET CONFIRMED THIS
Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by Nicklaus619(m): 9:16am On Dec 04, 2021
Gecko killed my dog I bought for 85k angry I hate them with passion, my dog killed an ate a gecko and he died in less than 5 minutes later, gecko is demm poisonous, ones it get in touch with your food or brush and u use it, it's only God that can save you.

I kill gecko anywhere I see them, make them getat with their mumu spiritual guidance, they are mad angry, I lost my best friend to this stupid crawling devil angry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by eze31362(m): 9:33am On Dec 04, 2021
wonders shall never end, imagine someone saying that wall gecko is your friend? spit

1 Like

Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 04, 2021
I was chilling with my friends and someone said he doesn't kill wall gecko when he sees them and I was like goddamit I kill does MFs whenever we meet plenty argument then I said lets settle this once and for all where is google

So I type gecko on google and saw that they are actually good luck messengers wow I was shocked that so I have been killing my good luck messenger all this while

Made a pledge never to kill them and decided to share so some people can leaen also

So looking to the cause of killing gecko I realised my mum has this phobia not just gecko any crawling insect common cockroach if she shout for you ehn you go think say earthquake dey happen ni so we basically kill all crawling insect and have mentally labelled them evil.. what a mind game this world is.

Everything God created is for Good and Good only.

2 Likes

Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by silibaba: 10:39am On Dec 04, 2021
habsydiamond:
Really, these things dem dey plenty for am house o.. I dey even think say Na my villa people dey send them.. All God created are good things no be like.. In every disadvantages there must be an advantage somewhere.
what about scorpion that stung me last night?

1 Like

Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by KingMack(m): 10:58am On Dec 04, 2021
I SUFFER RENT HOUSE FOR THIS HARSH ECONOMY..ONE TINY BASTARD GO DEY FOLLOW ME DRAG SPACE...KILL THE BASTARD!! AIN'T GAT CHILLS BRO angry

Modified**IF I GET THE OPPORTUNITY THIS HOW I KILL EM BELOW

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 04, 2021
KingMack:
I SUFFER RENT HOUSE FOR THIS HARSH ECONOMY..ONE TINY BASTARD GO DEY FOLLOW ME DRAG SPACE...KILL THE BASTARD!! AIN'T GAT CHILLS BRO angry

Modified**IF I GET THE OPPORTUNITY THIS HOW I KILL EM BELOW

Why harm them they are just innocent messenger of good news?
Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by KingMack(m): 11:23am On Dec 04, 2021
SkyFlyGang:

Why harm them they are just innocent messenger of good news?

My broda Gada the messengers to your self..you fit even start..Gecko Farms grin

2 Likes

Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by habsydiamond(m): 11:38am On Dec 04, 2021
silibaba:
what about scorpion that stung me last night?
I no know about that one ooo

1 Share

Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by Herbephe1(m): 11:45am On Dec 04, 2021
1Sharon:

Fake news. Geckos are harmless.
The creature literally minds it's business.
4) Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet ( ﷺ) said, “ Whoever kills a gecko with the first blow, a hundred good deeds will be recorded for him; less than that will be recorded for him if he kills it with the second blow, and less will be recorded for him if he kills it with the third blow
it's advisable to kill gecko..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by truthCoder: 1:50pm On Dec 04, 2021
SkyFlyGang:
So, what do geckos represent spiritually? What’s the symbolism of a gecko? What messages should we pay attention to when we see one? grin grin

First, we must consider that geckos are lizards. Lizards are viewed as being messengers from the other side. They connect us with spirituality and enlightenment. Lizards are known for their ability to regenerate and survive any circumstance. Also, they have deep rooted connections with translating messages from the dream world. The gecko represents all of this along with even more detailed meanings of adaptability and speed.

Geckos are most famously known for their ability to regrow their tails should they lose them. The new tail the gecko will grow is most certainly better than the one before. The new skin a gecko grows is ready for a fresh beginning. And, you too should welcome the new and better things to come in your life!

Geckos represent good luck and fortune coming into your home and into your life. Also, they are actually thought to be guardians of the home. They protect the house from any negativity

and you posted this in the Education thread?

These superstitions belong to 1850s.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by Kolojadeen: 2:17pm On Dec 04, 2021
Herbephe1:

4) Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him,
narrated that the Prophet ( ﷺ) said, “ Whoever kills a
gecko with the first blow, a hundred good deeds will be
recorded for him; less than that will be recorded for him
if he kills it with the second blow, and less will be
recorded for him if he kills it with the third blow

Wash...... Please fing in your holy book, the reason to kill gecko's
Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by meobizy(f): 2:18pm On Dec 04, 2021
There are lots of geckos in my home due to the presence of cockroaches, spiders and mosquitoes.
Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by Rayd502(m): 2:45pm On Dec 04, 2021
I hate geckos with a passion.I never hesitate to kill it any time I see one.For me they represent dirt.

Why would a gecko share my home with me?Their poo is another disgusting thing I hate seeing them around the house.

Gecko can in no way represent goodluck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by Hotspotbro(m): 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2021
Finewarriboy:

Make ona hear word o.
people keep repeating this story AF
Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by Vitamin17(m): 10:35pm On Dec 04, 2021
Finewarriboy:

Make ona hear word o.

Wall geckos are not poisonous
Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by aklion: 3:01pm On Apr 16, 2022
Gecko wey I get for my house hmm reach to get am as farm... Before I Don't get worried but now the more e de am getting irritated by it.
Re: Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos by Lawly: 10:22pm On Oct 15, 2023
Herbephe1:

4) Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him,
narrated that the Prophet ( ﷺ) said, “ Whoever kills a
gecko with the first blow, a hundred good deeds will be
recorded for him; less than that will be recorded for him
if he kills it with the second blow, and less will be
recorded for him if he kills it with the third blow

Everything about Islam is kill, kill, kill, kill again, kill another one, kill them finish, it's advisable to kill, Allah said we should kill them, kill them again, kill them all, kill over and over again, don't stop killing, always kill so that you will be given your 7 virgins in heaven.

Na wa ooooo. When can you people ever talk about life? 🙄 Abi dem use death swear for una?

(1) (Reply)

Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec. Help!!! / SSANU: Strike Looms In Universities As FG Fails April Deadline Agreement / Not So SHOCKING: Benue Public Primary Schools Shut For 8 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.