Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,856 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:47 AM

2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye (13717 Views)

2023: Fears Mount In APC Over Moves To Zone Presidency To North-East / How Senators Extorted Mdas During Oversight Visit — Sen Adeyeye / I Didn't Say APC Is Worse Than PDP &Shuld Not Expect Votes Frm N/east -Sen Bukar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by joyairemiya: 1:29pm On Dec 04, 2021
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

A former Chief Whip of the Senate, Professor Sola Adeyeye, has said that fairness demands that the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) should zone its presidential ticket for the 2023 general elections to the South- East.

Speaking in an interview with SATURDAY INDEPENDENT in Abuja, Adeyeye, who said he does not believe in zoning, however, said if the APC decides that the ticket cannot go to the South-East because of the party’s popularity in the region, then the ticket should come to the South-West.

“I have given interviews in the past in which I said I am ardently opposed to zoning. If we are going to zone and it is based on fairness, then it should be zoned to the South-East.

“But I don’t believe in zoning. If my party says even if we zone it to the South-East, we don’t have enough people from the South-East in our party, in that case, then it should be the turn of the South-West.”

The APC chieftain said what Nigeria really needs is competence and getting the best hand from any part of the country to lead the country and not zoning.

“Honestly, beyond the gimmickry of zoning, what I will want is that we identify competent people who can run this republic well and we go for them.

“However, I don’t think that will happen because zoning has become a religion in our country.
https://independent.ng/2023-for-fairness-apc-presidential-ticket-should-go-to-seast-senator-adeyeye/

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by Asgard73: 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2021
Don’t think south east cares.. maybe their politicians.. not the people.

Power returns North.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by nairavsdollars(f): 1:35pm On Dec 04, 2021
True talk senator. Nigeria can't move forward if Igbos, the geese laying the golden egg is repeatedly marginalised

77 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by Vistra40: 1:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
Asgard73:

Power returns North.

So you don’t even believe in yourself?(tribe this time)

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by headSmasher: 1:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
Baby factory criminals and drug traffickers

Presidency is not biscuits that is used to pacify wailing and mourning children, it is not given on a platter of gold, even if we ask them to produce a strong politician for such, who will they produce, non of them is strong enough in APC, the Fulani Muslim party they detest so much

32 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by nairavsdollars(f): 1:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
he is not Igbo. he is a northerner
Vistra40:

16 Likes

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by Asgard73: 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2021
Vistra40:

Na so your brain take interpret am.. enjoy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by Asgard73: 1:45pm On Dec 04, 2021
nairavsdollars:
he is not Igbo. he is a northerner

I’m a Nigerian

6 Likes

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by helinues: 1:46pm On Dec 04, 2021
Who dash monkey bananas no be just slang but reality. Cos due to the slippery of Banana trees which make it difficult for monkeys to hop on

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by Asgard73: 1:47pm On Dec 04, 2021
... and some black monkey feel say dem go fit manipulate banana tree to get banana..

Monkeys can jonze

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by AbijaJ: 1:47pm On Dec 04, 2021
Vistra40:

Yes. He believes the North can produce better and more competent leaders than his own igbo tribe.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by Asgard73: 1:52pm On Dec 04, 2021
AbijaJ:

Yes. He believes the North can produce better and more competent leaders than his own igbo tribe.

Says an insecure Yoruba being...

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by AbijaJ: 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2021
Asgard73:

Says an insecure Yoruba being...

No be fight bro. I was actually agreeing with you about power returning to the North at the expense of the less competent igbos. See, you misunderstood me.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by Tingotoe: 2:01pm On Dec 04, 2021
nairavsdollars:
True talk senator. Nigeria can't move forward if Igbos, the geese laying the golden egg is repeatedly marginalised
And what golden egg might that be?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by NyamiriFlathead: 2:05pm On Dec 04, 2021
Pls who wan dash monkey banana

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by nairavsdollars(f): 2:05pm On Dec 04, 2021
Serves you right
AbijaJ:

No be fight bro. I was actually agreeing with you about power returning to the North at the expense of the less competent igbos. See, you misunderstood me.

1 Like

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by paramakina202: 2:09pm On Dec 04, 2021
Asgard73:

Power returns North.

South East people cares very much....It is a dead person that won't care about politics in his state,region and nation.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by Asgard73: 2:11pm On Dec 04, 2021
AbijaJ:

Fight.. and why did competent Yoruba people que behind a confirmed incompetent Buhari in 2015..
what made a competent and sophisticated Yoruba people to celebrate 2015 like the second coming of Jesus

Get sense

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by Asgard73: 2:12pm On Dec 04, 2021
paramakina202:

South East people cares very much....It is a dead person that won't care about politics in his state,region and nation.

South east careless about Apc.. the very demonic party .

No elective post for Apc in southeast .. even Na obi decamp.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by Vistra40: 2:20pm On Dec 04, 2021
Asgard73:

Na so your brain take interpret am.. enjoy

But that’s what you are insinuating by that comment you made. The man supports zoning the ticket to SE and you responded with power returns to the north. If you had said SS, I would have understood

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by yyba: 2:25pm On Dec 04, 2021
No no senator adeyeye you got it wrong, the same APC that is a terrorists party to easterners.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by elGenius: 2:28pm On Dec 04, 2021
come and carry it and give them na

I hate went people who are supposed to be wise say stupid things.

this is politics and democracy, you fight for what you want,
your victory depend on how you treat people(Nigerians)

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by Asgard73: 2:29pm On Dec 04, 2021
Vistra40:

But that’s what you are insinuating by that comment you made. The man supports zoning the ticket to SE and you responded with power returns to the north. If you had said SS, I would have understood

Why would I say south south.. to please yoruba abi wetin?

Apc is not sellable in igboland and south south..
and they’re not interested .. or you igbos celebrating Apc?

Last anambra election .. Apc was roundly rejected .. what lie did I say..

Igbos are not interested in anything Apc .. how else you wan take talk am..

Even the Adeyeye stressed on it..

But you Nairaland urchins will always wants to twist words to suit your Yoruba narratives

7 Likes

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by paramakina202: 2:33pm On Dec 04, 2021
Asgard73:

South east careless about Apc.. the very demonic party .

No elective post for Apc in southeast .. even Na obi decamp.

That is not true.
We have senators,house reps and governors under APC in SE.
Isn't PDP that have held Abia state hostage since 1999?
No payment of salaries and no development recorded since 1999.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by Godons1: 2:34pm On Dec 04, 2021
An IGBO man can never be President of Nigeria. We will rather make Ikwere, Ijaw, Agbor or any other South South Man President.

This is my opinion. So argue with your keyboard.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by Vistra40: 2:39pm On Dec 04, 2021
Asgard73:

Why would I say south south.. to please yoruba abi wetin?

Apc is not sellable in igboland and south south..
and they’re not interested .. or you igbos celebrating Apc?

Last anambra election .. Apc was roundly rejected .. what lie did I say..

Igbos are not interested in anything Apc .. how else you wan take talk am..

Even the Adeyeye stressed on it..

But you Nairaland urchins will always wants to twist words to suit your Yoruba narratives

Haha! Okay I get it. You have a personal issue with the yoruba tribe. Fine! Now what about PDP? If APC is giving their ticket to SW are you saying no capable igbo man or SS man can get the ticket in the PDP? Must it be a northerner according to your expectations?

P.s: I’m not a yoruba person so relax

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by Asgard73: 2:42pm On Dec 04, 2021
Vistra40:

Haha! Okay I get it. You have a personal issue with the yoruba tribe. Fine! Now what about PDP? If APC is giving their ticket to SW are you saying no capable igbo man or SS man can get the ticket in the PDP? Must it be a northerner according to your expectations?

P.s: I’m not a yoruba person so relax

Who cares wheee you come from

Have you ask Yoruba people why the supported Buhari in 2015 instead of selling their Yoruba candidate.

Is call politics

Next

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
NyamiriFlathead:
Pls who wan dash monkey banana
I'm watching you
Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by Vistra40: 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
Asgard73:

Who cares wheee you come from

Have you ask Yoruba people why the supported Buhari in 2015 instead of selling their Yoruba candidate.

Is call politics

Next

But you called me yoruba urchin na. Labeling me that show you care cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by Asgard73: 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2021
Vistra40:

But you called me yoruba urchin na. Labeling me that show you care cheesy

Troll..

1 Like

Re: 2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye by omowolewa: 2:59pm On Dec 04, 2021
Yes it's true, thank God, Tinubu is the adopted son of the South East.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Airforce Launched Aerial Patrol Over Sambisa Forest (video) / Ekiti, Rivers Demand Share Of $1 Billion Insurgency Fund / PDP To Sack National Secretariat Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.