Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Acne And Pimples - To Cure Or Not To Cure - There Is A Choice - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Acne And Pimples - To Cure Or Not To Cure - There Is A Choice (2249 Views)

10 Most Effective Home Remedies For Acne And Blackspots / Neo Medrol Acne Lotion Review / How To Cure Apollo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acne And Pimples - To Cure Or Not To Cure - There Is A Choice by daymorela(m): 12:23pm On Jun 11, 2011
I'm a person that feels I got cheated when it came to genetic endowments. I'm flat footed, short, I put on weight easily, worst of all - I've had to struggle with pimples and acne off and on through my entire life.

All the other imperfections I can deal with, but when those ugly pimples and acne flair up, it's so hard to ignore. Those red, irritated bumps stare back at me each morning in the mirror and the truth of the matter is, if I can see them so can everyone else.

Nothing makes me more self-conscious than acne. Though I know my personal hygiene is clean, pimples make me feel dirty.

I've been told by "experts" for years that it's all in my genetic make-up and that it's something I need to deal with, plain and simple. Then there's the well meaning friends (with beautiful complexions) who love to slap down advice like Judge Judy's mallet: "stop stressing", "get more sleep", or my all time favorite "get rid of the chocolate".

In high school, where my battle with acne problems first raised its ugly pimpled head, I tried the standard soaps and over the counter creams. It did keep the acne at bay, but it required constant vigilance.

As I got into my 20's I looked into more organic, home made remedies.

My favorite home acne treatment was the plain yogurt and oatmeal paste acne facial. This was actually a good way to treat acne and was surprisingly very effective. If you want to try it all you need to do is mix equal parts of yogurt and old fashioned cooked oatmeal to make a paste. Spread on your face like you would a facial treatment.

Leave paste on for 1 hour then gently wash off. Do this every other day and within a week you should see a clearer pimple free complexion and softer skin over all.

But one thing I noticed over the years, when these acne flare ups would occur, though the treatments worked, they only worked for a season. Acne would always come back - sooner or later.

I started asking - is there a way to cure acne once and for all?

If that is a question that has entered your mind, the answer is Yes - there is a way to cure acne and pimples so they will never come back. It all starts by understanding that acne is not the problem it is simply a symptom for something not quite right with your body.

Though there are DNA factors that come into play, it's not so much about levels of oil secretions affecting your skin, but more about diet and lifestyle. I found that once I made some basic life habit changes, my acne became a thing of the past.

For most acne sufferers, there is a choice. Stick with the topical treatments by way of cleansers, toners, creams and lotions which all work to some degree or another. Or you can grab the "bull by the horn" and start treating acne holistically - from the inside out.
Re: Acne And Pimples - To Cure Or Not To Cure - There Is A Choice by sbankyb(m): 3:08am On Mar 18, 2012
So how can this permanent cure be achieved
Re: Acne And Pimples - To Cure Or Not To Cure - There Is A Choice by gozmos(m): 4:04am On Jan 13, 2013
Evri problem has a solution and urs I'd nt different. It has a cure
Re: Acne And Pimples - To Cure Or Not To Cure - There Is A Choice by gozmos(m): 2:11am On Feb 03, 2013
Contact me @ gozmoslodge@gmail.com 4 solution

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Symptoms Of Staph Infection? / How Best Do I Disclose My HIV Status To Her? / 6 Deadly Effects Of Having Too Much Sex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.