Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory (35253 Views)

Obioma Somto Chants Igbo Kwenu On his Valedictory Address At Loyol Marymount Uni / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died / Meet Bukola Alada, Best Graduating Student At The Nigerian Law School 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by Atom007(m): 2:51pm On Dec 05, 2021
Folasalisu1:
They shouldn't have tried to hide what happened. They should have side behind the boy and his family. That's the mistake they make

Am telling you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by efighter: 2:55pm On Dec 05, 2021
jetwonder:
grin this school should be closedown and the building demolish so that others schools promoting cultism activities should take lesson

The man himself was a cultist in school, is still a cultist after school, and is promoting cultism in his school.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by babyfaceafrica: 3:01pm On Dec 05, 2021
Denliqo:
This school just dey go down.
You are naive. Give it time, no be naija again.
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by babyfaceafrica: 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2021
So what should we do with this news? Bloggers must chop
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by PoliteActivist: 3:05pm On Dec 05, 2021
OmoOshodi:
25pcs of Oven-dried Catfish plus other Condiments like pack of Seasoning cubes, Onions, Iodized Salt etc.. 25,000Naira.. Including Packaging and delivery( Lagos , Abeokuta, Ibadan..)

What has this to do with this case? Or am I missing something

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by PoliteActivist: 3:08pm On Dec 05, 2021
babyfaceafrica:

So you've never wondered who owns the school. Then again some people have zero curiosity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by gassbee: 3:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
The school mgt need to urgently produce the students dat killed dat boy or their father as replacement. They need to b dealt wit

4 Likes

Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by Raph82(m): 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2021
To me, there's no need for this type of news because I don't see it contributing to how the culprits will be brought to book or justice taking it's course. How does what the school's chairman said at the school's event translate to how justice will be served? I rather see the news as a weak way to redeem the image of the school and its owner. The management can't tell me they don't have the slightest idea that cultism and bullying are going on right under their nose. Majority of the private schools allowed by government to run boarding school these days are not qualified to do so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by Zainabthegirl1(f): 3:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
But he can’t give a speech since the case of the 12yr old boy

1 Like

Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by OssyMalik: 3:30pm On Dec 05, 2021

Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by babyfaceafrica: 3:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
PoliteActivist:

So you've never wondered who owns the school. Then again some people have zero curiosity
How does knowing the owner solve anything? Nobody will touch him. If worse comes to worse, the head master takes the fall.
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by babyfaceafrica: 3:55pm On Dec 05, 2021
Raph82:
To me, there's no need for this type of news because I don't see it contributing to how the culprits will be brought to book or justice taking it's course. How does what the school's chairman said at the school's event translate to how justice will be served? I rather see the news as a weak way to redeem the image of the school and its owner. The management can't tell me they don't have the slightest idea that cultism and bullying are going on right under their nose. Majority of the private schools allowed by government to run boarding school these days are not qualified to do so.
Eggzactly, bloggers must chop. Will they arrest the man?
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by adebwalex(m): 4:02pm On Dec 05, 2021
ednut1:
demolished as how. Will you refund parents who paid millions already or find teachers work Una no get sense

He no get Sense at all. People comment without using their common sense. How did the school promote cultism? No boarding school in Nigeria you wont see bad student. If the school is not guiting it will be reopen back. My problem with the school is they fail to produce the student and covery up the case. If they have come out clean it would have been better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by Amanda4life: 4:04pm On Dec 05, 2021
O GOD

See what BAD workers has caused
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by ComeToJesus: 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

First of all, are his children in Nigeria

How's this your business? Are you a kidnapper?
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by Spectaclesawe25: 5:35pm On Dec 05, 2021
Weldone Ogunniyi and Chiamaka for making your parents proud.
You reminded me of my days in secondary school.
I always love prize giving day like mad.
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by Yhungsarm(m): 6:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
am deeply pained and sad. where is Nigeria educational sector heading to. Altho, many of us are missing the point here, This type of occurence is very popular in boarding schools like the senior students just beat the junior student anyhow. My roommate went to a Catholic seminary school and if he talks about the beating he gave some junior student and the one he also got from his one senior, i will just be speechless. This is actually a wake up call to all the directors of boardings school on why they need to stop this unnecessary beatings that the seniors are used to.
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by Nauttyprof(m): 6:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
The school should have also not released the wicked and evil press release claiming it was football accident.

Saving your school at the expense of a life will rather give your school a bad name the more. Their latest press release would have gained the support of citizens if this was their first and only press release prior to the outcome of investigation by the police.
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by xpool(m): 7:51pm On Dec 05, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
You are naive. Give it time, no be naija again.
He is not naive.
The school is at its all time lowest rating and the future is unpredictable.

1 Like

Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by xpool(m): 7:53pm On Dec 05, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
Without bloggers you probably would be lagging behind in some news.
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by xpool(m): 7:58pm On Dec 05, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
How does knowing the owner solve anything? Nobody will touch him. If worse comes to worse, the head master takes the fall.
If the headmaster implicates him in the coverup, somebody could touch him
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by PoliteActivist: 7:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
babyfaceafrica:

Like I said, lack of curiosity. So u r only curious about things that solve things??
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by xpool(m): 8:03pm On Dec 05, 2021
ComeToJesus:

How's this your business? Are you a kidnapper?
How is it your business answering another man's question? Are you his chief of staff?
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by babyfaceafrica: 8:08pm On Dec 05, 2021
xpool:

Without bloggers you probably would be lagging behind in some news.
You mean fake news
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by hush15: 8:08pm On Dec 05, 2021
jetwonder:
grin this school should be closedown and the building demolish so that others schools promoting cultism activities should take lesson

Be reasonable. No school will support cultist or cultists however the school displayed high level of neglect and incompetence by not being able to notice such cultic behaviors or ignoring the fact that it exist in their system.
The issue of cultists is not only in Dowen, almost all the schools in Lagos are guilty of this, both private and public. Would they demolish them all? The bigger bulk of this mishap rest on bad parenting. No child is sent to school bully anybody and none is also sent to be bullied. Children who bully others should be corrected and disciplined appropriately and those that are been bullied should be able to speak up to their parents the challenges they facing. In otherwords, parents need to spend time with their children to know all these.
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by babyfaceafrica: 8:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
xpool:

He is not naive.
The school is at its all time lowest rating and the future is unpredictable.
Dowen na big school o. Forget this news. You will revisit this post next year. Nigerians will have moved on
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by adetayoonas(m): 8:23pm On Dec 05, 2021
That Ogunniyi guy deserves the overall best award. He excelled in hard subjects like maths, physics, further maths, elect installation and geography compared to civic education , govt , book keeping and acct.

Justice for Sylvester.
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by Trump4ril: 9:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
What is the meaning of this video?

Please, Justice for Sylvester is very important. No distraction .
All those who graduated, some might be cultist who knows...
Federal government should pass capital punishment for cultist, even ,most corporate bodies are being led by cultist, who only employs and promotes their members.

Those Sylvester mentioned before he died should be properly interrogated, investigated and punished if found guilty.
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by ithink7: 10:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
ednut1:
demolished as how. Will you refund parents who paid millions already or find teachers work Una no get sense

Na you no get sense. You murder a kid in a school premises and you want to continue keeping other kids in that same space. You scum of the earth, you want them to keep the building so that you can kill more children. You and your kids/family should be the next victim. You value money more than human lives. Wereh.
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by ednut1(m): 10:19pm On Dec 05, 2021
ithink7:

Na you no get sense. You murder a kid in a school premises and you want to continue keeping other kids in that same space. You scum of the earth, you want them to keep the building so that you can kill more children. You and your kids/family should be the next victim. You value money more than human lives. Wereh.
the seniors not the school committed the murder . So every location or house murder is done should be demolished. Do you know if the building is even rented or leased. Abeg get out
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by jimcaddy(m): 11:19pm On Dec 05, 2021
It's so sad what is happening. Some incompetent staff members needs to be sacked. Starting from the house master... Had they handled this matter with caution, it would not have degenerated into this. It is so sad that Sylvester died. I wish he didn't die
Re: Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory by xpool(m): 1:28am On Dec 06, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
Dowen na big school o. Forget this news. You will revisit this post next year. Nigerians will have moved on
The one that happened last year in the deeper life school where a student was sodomizef; the school authorities and the culpable are in prison now, and the case is still on.

I laugh whenever you guys that don't know anything say " no be naija we dey?
Sometimes try visiting courts and prisons and see for yourself.
Omo if you commit crime and charges are pressed, you go serve your jail term.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Procedure/step On How To Regularize Your Jamb Registration Number Free / UI Student Slumps, Dies And 3 Collapse At Exam Centre / Suspected Cultists Murder LASPOTECH Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.