Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,434 members, 7,801,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad (1780 Views)

Truly, The Forbidden Fruit Is Sex! / Today Is Christ The Universe King Sunday / Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by Jman24(m): 3:01pm On Dec 06, 2021
Rosement:

John 3:16,
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Read Matthew 28:19 to understand.
We Christians believe in the Holy Trinity, the Father, and the Son (Jesus Christ) and the Holy Ghost.
Jesus is the second person of the Holy Trinity.

John 1:1,
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jesus is the Word, Jesus is God and David is the son of Jesus, so he can never be equal with Jesus. Jesus was the one speaking in Psalm 2:7, Jesus was the one that made David is begotten son. Even David referred to Jesus as Lord.

Matthew 22: 41-46
41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,

42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.

43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,

44 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

So going by your analogy, Psalm 118 talks about Jesus too?

Psalm 118
17 I shall not die, but live,
And declare the works of the Lord.
18 The Lord has chastened me severely,
But He has not given me over to death.

But biblical Jesus was given over to death for the sins of the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by Rosement(f): 3:59pm On Dec 06, 2021
Jman24:

Psalm 118

Yes, you are right but my Jesus has risen like He said.
My Jesus has risen, my Jesus has risen, my Jesus has risen.
My Jesus liveth, my Jesus liveth, my Jesus liveth.
Luke 24:6-7
6 He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
7 Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
Read Isaiah 53:5-12
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
John 11:25,
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by Jman24(m): 4:12pm On Dec 06, 2021
Rosement:

Yes, you are right but my Jesus has risen like He said.
My Jesus has risen, my Jesus has risen, my Jesus has risen.
My Jesus liveth, my Jesus liveth, my Jesus liveth.
Luke 24:6-7
6 He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
7 Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
Read Isaiah 53:5-12
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
John 11:25,
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Nobody is disputing if he was risen from my line of argument.
From Psalm 118 there are two lines there..
1. I shall not die but live to proclaim ( this could be twisted to your explanation above. You know how pastors do this things)
But
2. He wasn't given over to death.(unless you are saying he didn't actually die physically contrary to what new testament says)
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by Rosement(f): 4:19pm On Dec 06, 2021
Jman24:

Nobody is disputing if he was risen from my line of argument.
From Psalm 118 there are two lines there..
1. I shall not die but live to proclaim ( this could be twisted to your explanation above. You know how pastors do this things)
But
2. He wasn't given over to death.(unless you are saying he didn't actually die physically contrary to what new testament says)
Of course, He died physically because He paid the debt for us. Physical death is a debt we all have to pay,
Modified
every human being must die physically but as Christians we believe we shall live again even after the physical death because Jesus died physically to pay the prize for our sins, so that we can be excluded from the spiritual death.

He also resurrected physically and ascended up to Heaven physically, so we believe in the miraculous power of His resurrection.
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by Rosement(f): 5:40pm On Dec 06, 2021
Jman24:

Psalm 118

Psalm 118 is a prayer for us not to die until it is our appointed time, Jesus Christ fulfilled His mission on earth and He declared the works of God. Jesus died at His appointed time, everybody's appointed time is different.
Read Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 for more understanding
1. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2. A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by AntiChristian: 8:37am On Dec 07, 2021
MightySparrow:

Yes.

See another liar!
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by MightySparrow: 8:52am On Dec 07, 2021
AntiChristian:

See another liar!
What is your definition of salvation?
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by Jman24(m): 9:44am On Dec 07, 2021
Rosement:

Of course, He died physically because He paid the debt for us. Physical death is a debt we all have to pay,
Modified
every human being must die physically but as Christians we believe we shall live again even after the physical death because Jesus died physically to pay the prize for our sins, so that we can be excluded from the spiritual death.

He also resurrected physically and ascended up to Heaven physically, so we believe in the miraculous power of His resurrection.

You are just contradicting yourself.
Since he died physically why did Psalm 118 say he wasn't given over to death?(this is simple English in the affirmative that he didn't die physically) it is quite different from " he wasn't abandoned to death"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by Jman24(m): 9:52am On Dec 07, 2021
Rosement:

Psalm 118 is a prayer for us not to die until it is our appointed time, Jesus Christ fulfilled His mission on earth and He declared the works of God. Jesus died at His appointed time, everybody's appointed time is different.
Read Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 for more understanding
1. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2. A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

If Psalm 118( I shall not die but live...) is a prayer, why can't Psalm 7:2( I will declare the decree of the Lord..) be a prayer for people to be begotten of the father?

Both of them starts with the singular "I"
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by Rosement(f): 10:09am On Dec 07, 2021
Jman24:

You are just contradicting yourself.
Since he died physically why did Psalm 118 say he wasn't given over to death?(this is simple English in the affirmative that he didn't die physically) it is quite different from " he wasn't abandoned to death"
Psalm 118 is not the prophecy of the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, if you are interested in knowing about the prophecy of the birth and death of Jesus Christ read Isaiah 53:5-12. Psalm 118 is simply a prayer by David.

Psalm 118: 17-18
17. I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord.
18 The Lord hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death.

Verse 17 is a common Christian prayer that we shall not die but live to declare the works of the Lord. Even David that wrote the prayer died physically but he declared the works of God before his death.

In Verse 18, David was acknowledging the mercy of God, David sinned many times but God kept correcting him and even punish him sometimes but God did not get angry with him to extend of killing him before his appointed time.
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by Rosement(f): 12:04pm On Dec 07, 2021
Jman24:

If Psalm 118( I shall not die but live...) is a prayer, why can't Psalm 7:2( I will declare the decree of the Lord..) be a prayer for people to be begotten of the father?

Both of them starts with the singular "I"
The only prove I will give you about Jesus being God is the words of Jesus Himself and if you debate it, there is no reason for me to argue with you. I know Jesus can never lie but people that doesn't understand the things of the Spirit might say otherwise about Him.

Psalm is full of prayers and we are permitted to pray for what we want, so why should we pray for what we don't want?
Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Our prayer is our request to God. If I don't want to become a doctor, should I request for it from God because somebody else is requesting it? My own wish is different from somebody else wish. Jesus Christ accepted to die on the cross, He was not forced, so why should He have prayed not to suffer? Did He want His mission to be demolished?

Jesus is not a follower of David, why should He say or do everything that David does?
Don't compare Jesus to David, they are not equal. Jesus is the God of David and He is also a father to David. David called Jesus Lord, Jesus Himself said it in Matthew 22:41-46 and Psalm 110:1 confirms it.
Matthew 22: 41-46.
41. While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
42. Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.
43. He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
44. The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
45. If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
46. And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.
Psalm 110:1
The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Jesus Himself proclaimed that He is God in John 10:30, 
I and my Father are one.
John 1:1-18 explains the Jesus Christ is God.
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2.The same was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
17. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
18.No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by Empiree: 4:49pm On Dec 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

YES, Moses and Jesus can perfectly be compared because they're both
[1]Descendants of Jacob!
[2]Called God! Exodus 7:1, John 1:1
[3]Miracle workers!
! undecided
But Jesus didn't perform any miracle?
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:23pm On Dec 07, 2021
Empiree:

But Jesus didn't perform any miracle?

Ask your Imams they will tell you more about Jesus' gift of miraculous works! smiley
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by Jman24(m): 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2021
Rosement:

The only prove I will give you about Jesus being God is the words of Jesus Himself and if you debate it, there is no reason for me to argue with you. I know Jesus can never lie but people that doesn't understand the things of the Spirit might say otherwise about Him.

Psalm is full of prayers and we are permitted to pray for want we want, so why should we pray for what we don't want?
Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Our prayer is our request to God. If I don't want to become a doctor, should I request for it from God because somebody else is requesting it? My own wish is different from somebody else wish. Jesus Christ accepted to die on the cross, He was not forced, so why should He have prayed not to suffer? Did He want His mission to be demolished?

Jesus is not a follower of David, why should He say or do everything that David does?
Don't compare Jesus to David, they are not equal. Jesus is the God of David and He is also a father to David. David called Jesus Lord, Jesus Himself said it in Matthew 22:41-46 and Psalm 110:1 confirms it.
Matthew 22: 41-46.
41. While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
42. Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.
43. He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
44. The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
45. If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
46. And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.
Psalm 110:1
The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Jesus Himself proclaimed that He is God in John 10:30, 
I and my Father are one.
John 1:1-18 explains the Jesus Christ is God.
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2.The same was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
17. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
18.No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Lol
Here you go again. I'm not interested in knowing if Jesus is God according to my line of argument. I'm only using the words of a few who said Psalms 7 is about future Jesus, to match a contradiction in psalm 118, which you call a prayer for people. Also trying to know why using a singular "I" shouldn't be referenced to the psalmist rather than a future savior
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by Empiree: 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Ask your Imams they will tell you more about Jesus' gift of miraculous works! smiley
I'm sorry for putting question mark. I was trying to say emphatically that Jesus didn't perform any miracle. Prove me wrong
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2021
Empiree:

I'm sorry for putting question mark. I was trying to say emphatically that Jesus didn't perform any miracle. Prove me wrong

I hear you, no further arguments! cheesy
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by Empiree: 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I hear you, no further arguments! cheesy
Good. You know the facts cheesy grin

No more deceiving people again about Jesus miracles. We are wiser now
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2021
grin
Empiree:
Good. You know the facts cheesy grin
No more deceiving people again about Jesus miracles. We are wiser now
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by Rosement(f): 6:43pm On Dec 07, 2021
Jman24:

Lol
Here you go again. I'm not interested in knowing if Jesus is God according to my line of argument. I'm only using the words of a few who said Psalms 7 is about future Jesus, to match a contradiction in psalm 118, which you call a prayer for people. Also trying to know why using a singular "I" shouldn't be referenced to the psalmist rather than a future savior
The prayers in the Book of Psalm is also for the nation not for the Psalmist alone.

There are other Godly men that used I when praying, for example Prophet Isaiah and Prophet Jeremiah and we still use their prayers as prayer points.
Isaiah 12:2,
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
Jeremiah 12:1,
Righteous art thou, O Lord, when I plead with thee: yet let me talk with thee of thy judgments: Wherefore doth the way of the wicked prosper? wherefore are all they happy that deal very treacherously?

I don't understand what you really mean by
"Also trying to know why using a singular "I" shouldn't be referenced to the psalmist rather than a future savior." Can you broke it down so that I can understand?
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by Jman24(m): 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2021
Rosement:

The prayers in the Book of Psalm is also for the nation not for the Psalmist alone.

There are other Godly men that used I when praying, for example Prophet Isaiah and Prophet Jeremiah and we still use their prayers as prayer points.
Isaiah 12:2,
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
Jeremiah 12:1,
Righteous art thou, O Lord, when I plead with thee: yet let me talk with thee of thy judgments: Wherefore doth the way of the wicked prosper? wherefore are all they happy that deal very treacherously?

I don't understand what you really mean by
"Also trying to know why using a singular "I" shouldn't be referenced to the psalmist rather than a future savior." Can you broke it down so that I can understand?

Someone said psalm 7 is all about the future savior Jesus. That was where I needed clarification
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by Rosement(f): 8:43pm On Dec 07, 2021
Jman24:

Someone said psalm 7 is all about the future savior Jesus. That was where I needed clarification
Psalm 7 is just like every other prayers in Psalm. It is also a prayer for the nation, not for the psalmist alone.
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by AntiChristian: 9:12am On Dec 08, 2021
MightySparrow:

What is your definition of salvation?

Believe in Allah and Obedience to Allah in the light of what He revealed to His Prophet.

Islam is the total submission to the will of Allah.

We do not believe God has son not to talk of God sending his son to die....Audhubillah!

1 Like

Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by MightySparrow: 9:42am On Dec 08, 2021
AntiChristian:

Believe in Allah and Obedience to Allah in the light of what He revealed to His Prophet.

Islam is the total submission to the will of Allah.

We do not believe God has son not to talk of God sending his son to die....Audhubillah!

Show from your Qur'an where Islam is termed submission.

My own God has a Son, and sons and daughters. We don't serve the same God. Your own is Allah, my own is Jehovah.
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:15am On Dec 08, 2021
MightySparrow:

My own God has a Son, and sons and daughters. We don't serve the same God. Your own is Allah, my own is Jehovah.

The highlighted solved all these ongoing fruitless arguments here and there.
Whatever makes a contradiction come in between two religionists and they can't resolve it then there's no beating about the bush, both of them aren't worshiping the same God. Period!
So there's no need disturbing one another once we're sure that our Gods differs! undecided
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by AntiChristian: 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2021
MightySparrow:

Islam means submitting to Allaah, worshipping Him alone and obeying Him, and shunning shirk (polytheism, associating others with Allaah) and those who believe in that. This is the religion which Allaah approves for His slaves. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Truly, the religion with Allaah is Islam”
[Aal- ‘Imraan 3:19]

“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers”
[Aal ‘Imraan 3:85]

The person who enters this religion is called a Muslim (one who submits), because he has submitted (aslama) to all the rulings that have come from Allaah and from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And who turns away from the religion of Ibraaheem (Abraham) (i.e. Islamic Monotheism) except him who befools himself? Truly, We chose him in this world and verily, in the Hereafter he will be among the righteous.

When his Lord said to him, ‘Submit (i.e. be a Muslim)!’ He said, ‘I have submitted myself (as a Muslim) to the Lord of the ‘Aalameen (mankind, jinn and all that exists).’” [al-Baqarah 2:130-131]

“Yes, but whoever submits his face (himself) to Allaah (i.e. follows Allaah’s religion of Islamic Monotheism) and he is a Muhsin ( a doer of good who does good deeds solely for the sake of Allaah) then his reward is with his Lord (Allaah), on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve”
[al-Baqarah 2:112].

Yeah, i know your God can't function without partners. He must have a son to kill for His other son's and daughter's salvation!

1. Paul allegedly said in Romans 6:16:
Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

This means if we obey God then we are God's slaves according to Paul!

2. Paul continues later in Romans 6:22:
But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.

Here we see that those who have been set free from sins become slaves of God
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:07pm On Dec 08, 2021
AntiChristian:

Islam means submitting to Allaah, worshipping Him alone and obeying Him, and shunning shirk (polytheism, associating others with Allaah) and those who believe in that. This is the religion which Allaah approves for His slaves. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Truly, the religion with Allaah is Islam”
[Aal- ‘Imraan 3:19]

“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers”
[Aal ‘Imraan 3:85]

The person who enters this religion is called a Muslim (one who submits), because he has submitted (aslama) to all the rulings that have come from Allaah and from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And who turns away from the religion of Ibraaheem (Abraham) (i.e. Islamic Monotheism) except him who befools himself? Truly, We chose him in this world and verily, in the Hereafter he will be among the righteous.

When his Lord said to him, ‘Submit (i.e. be a Muslim)!’ He said, ‘I have submitted myself (as a Muslim) to the Lord of the ‘Aalameen (mankind, jinn and all that exists).’” [al-Baqarah 2:130-131]

“Yes, but whoever submits his face (himself) to Allaah (i.e. follows Allaah’s religion of Islamic Monotheism) and he is a Muhsin ( a doer of good who does good deeds solely for the sake of Allaah) then his reward is with his Lord (Allaah), on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve”
[al-Baqarah 2:112].

Yeah, i know your God can't function without partners. He must have a son to kill for His other son's and daughter's salvation!

1. Paul allegedly said in Romans 6:16:
Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

This means if we obey God then we are God's slaves according to Paul!

2. Paul continues later in Romans 6:22:
But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.

Here we see that those who have been set free from sins become slaves of God

Paul also said:

Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: Ephesians 4:13

Do you agree with him that Jesus is the son of God?
Because if you don't then there's no need quoting him to authenticate your own beliefs!

AntiChristian:

Can you bring a Bible verse that states or implies the above? The Jews of today deny worshipping Jesus as God! But you are here saying this!

Muhammad is the final Messenger of Islam. Christianity does not have any Holy Man except Jesus. All other men in the Bible must have one spot or sin that will make them fall short!

And of cos, you can't accept Muhammad as his teachings is contrary to Paul's and other writers of your Bible.
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by AntiChristian: 1:22pm On Dec 08, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Paul also said:

Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: Ephesians 4:13

Do you agree with him that Jesus is the son of God?
Because if you don't then there's no need quoting him to authenticate your own beliefs!

There are many sons of God in your Bible.

1. Jesus is the son of God.

2. Sons of God that came to sleep with daughters of men in Genesis 6:1-4

3. Peacemakers will be called sons of God “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. mat 5:9

So if i were to believe it all which should i really believe? That your God has sons who can in turn come and sleep with human daughters?

Was Jesus among the sons of God that slept with daughters of men?

Or that "son of God" is metaphorical as in Mat 5:9? lipsrsealed
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:25pm On Dec 08, 2021
AntiChristian:

There are many sons of God in your Bible.
1. Jesus is the son of God.
2. Sons of God that came to sleep with daughters of men in Genesis 6:1-4
3. Peacemakers will be called sons of God “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. mat 5:9
So if i were to believe it all which should i really believe? That your God has sons who can in turn come and sleep with human daughters?
Was Jesus among the sons of God that slept with daughters of men?
Or that "son of God" is metaphorical as in Mat 5:9? lipsrsealed

It's not compulsory that your God must be my God so whatever i say or the Bible say about my God should be left untouched unless you want us to compare my God with yours which shouldn't lead to endless arguments.
My God has lots of sons if yours doesn't then it simply means our Gods differs. So you quote your book and talk about what your God say while quote my Bible and talk about what my God say.
Then we can think of the BENEFITS derived from practicing what the two Gods said, that's what real intellectuals do with recorded words of deities we've never seen with our eyes.
Surely one must be real while the other fake, it's by observing the outcome of their words that will help honest hearted individuals to know which of the Gods is true not blind arguments! undecided
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by MightySparrow: 2:35pm On Dec 08, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted solved all these ongoing fruitless arguments here and there.
Whatever makes a contradiction come in between two religionists and they can't resolve it then there's no beating about the bush, both of them aren't worshiping the same God. Period!
So there's no need disturbing one another once we're sure that our Gods differs! undecided

It is Antichristian and co that want to make mohammed, an Arab, messager of an unknown god one Allah, ( who was not known to Jews and Christians) before the formation of Islam. Mohammed copied Jewish scriptures and embellished it with Arabian folklore. Can you imagine prophet Muhammad saying that Solomon had winged horses!
He, too, traveled on a carpet that contained 6,000 chairs from Mecca to Jerusalem! All three after about two and half millennia!.

These people should leave us alone to be kissing their black stone!
Thanks brother neighbour.
I want to officially tell you, I will be signing out of Nairaland at the end of the year.
Thanks for being there.
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by MightySparrow: 2:37pm On Dec 08, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

It's not compulsory that your God must be my God so whatever i say or the Bible say about my God should be left untouched unless you want us to compare my God with yours which shouldn't lead to endless arguments.
My God has lots of sons if yours doesn't then it simply means our Gods differs. So you quote your book and talk about what your God say while quote my Bible and talk about what my God say.
Then we can think of the BENEFITS derived from practicing what the two Gods said, that's what real intellectuals do with recorded words of deities we've never seen with our eyes.
Surely one must be real while the other fake, it's by observing the outcome of their words that will help honest hearted individuals to know which of the Gods is true not blind arguments! undecided
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by AntiChristian: 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Ok o! Na you bring question and i don answer!
Re: Is Christ Truly The Son Of God Or Just And Ordinary Prophet Like Muhammad by AntiChristian: 3:02pm On Dec 08, 2021
MightySparrow:

It is Antichristian and co that want to make mohammed, an Arab, messager of an unknown god one Allah, ( who was not known to Jews and Christians) before the formation of Islam. Mohammed copied Jewish scriptures and embellished it with Arabian folklore. Can you imagine prophet Muhammad saying that Solomon had winged horses!
He, too, traveled on a carpet that contained 6,000 chairs from Mecca to Jerusalem! All three after about two and half millennia!.

These people should leave us alone to be kissing their black stone!
Thanks brother neighbour.
I want to officially tell you, I will be signing out of Nairaland at the end of the year.
Thanks for being there.

grin

See the nonsense you are typing? Can't you for once use your brain if you don't have the Holy Spirit in you?
Where did you get the fable from (6000 chairs...)?

Abi you don dey smoke DMT cos i hear say you'll see things if you smoke am!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Quranic Poem / We Must Sin. / Heat The Hornet - Why Evolution Is True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.