Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] (33784 Views)

Ideal (18+) [book 4 Of Xav-verse] [completed] / Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:21am On Dec 12, 2021
CHAPTER SEVEN

"What!!! You modafucking did what? Give me one reason, just one reason, one tiny tweeny reason why I shouldn't say you're cursed," Collins blared angrily at Richard.

"This is just the height of it all," Kim said.

"That girl loves you so much. Such affection she has for you is rare. All she needed was for you to reciprocate her love but you refused even after she expressed herself to you. Do you know the guys that will kill to be in your position? Do you know how happy I will be to be in your place?" Collins said pissed.

"Then be... if you have feelings for her, then go to her but please let me be," Richard voiced loudly.

"See guys, to be sincere with you all, I love her also," he said.

"Then if you do, why did you reject her?" Collins quizzed. Richard went on and gave his reasons.

"Now that's bullcrap," Collins spatted.

"Guys, those are the reasons. I can't be the person she wants me to be, she will meet her ideal guy. I pray she does."

"Not cool bro, seriously not cool. I sincerely hope you won't regret this decision," Francis said coldly and mildly.

"Can you imagine, he had the guts to do that, giving those fallacious reasons of his. He rejected me like I was some sought of plague. It hurts, it really hurts. I've never felt this way for a guy neither has any guy rejected me. Richard why?" Angela said tearily, being consoled by Ann and Elizabeth.

"I need a break. I need to get hold of myself. I'm highly unstable emotionally right now. I need a change of environment. Home will do me a lot of good," she announced.

"This guy, is he worth it?" Felicia asked.
"Mum, he is my ideal but unfortunately his mind is made up against me, us," Angela replied. She's claded in a blue jean bumshort and a white crop top. She stretched her legs on the bed clutching her massive teddy bear. Felicia is sitted at the edge of the bed. Angela dragged in huge breath, exhaled and rested her frame on the bed's backrest.

"Don't worry yourself my baby. I see you love him dearly, but don't worry, if you two are meant for each other you will be together no matter how long it takes. All this are just initial shenigans. You know, this was the exact case with your dad and I. Look at us together after all the drama he did. We were meant for each other. So baby girl, if you guys are meant for each other, he will be your husband. Just let things fall into place. Trust in God," Felicia admonished.

"Just the word I need mum, just the word I need."

#Xavier
#TheBridge
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganization

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:27am On Dec 12, 2021
Dearies, I know I know I know, this last update is short but please bear with me on this one. This particular update is the end of chapter two and I didn't want to move over into chapter three yet, that's why I had to make do with this, please bear with me.

Update drops tomorrow

We're getting into the second week, which means from tomorrow, updates will be thrice a week, on MONDAYS, WEDNESDAYS and SATURDAYS.

Please do ensure you drop your comments and sincere criticism.

And also don't forget, the book is on Okadabooks and Amazon. Check first or second post in this thread for links.

STAY SAFE FOR ME AND HAPPY SUNDAY

I LOVE YOU ALL.

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by tomic1(m): 10:08am On Dec 12, 2021
Lovely updates. Richards reasons are genuine, not all guys can be so principled and deciding. But if u ask me, I think he is taking it too far. As long as he's got love for her, he should give them a chance. She shouldn't suffer for the misdeeds of other richer women who treated thier spouses poorly.
Weldone OP

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by froze6(m): 12:48pm On Dec 12, 2021
Xavier5:

Thanks Bro. Update has dropped ohhhhhhhhh
Welldone

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 2:28am On Dec 13, 2021
Thanks man.

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 6:44am On Dec 13, 2021
Nice story Bro
It's Monday or. ...Lol

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:40am On Dec 13, 2021
tomic1:
Lovely updates. Richards reasons are genuine, not all guys can be so principled and deciding. But if u ask me, I think he is taking it too far. As long as he's got love for her, he should give them a chance. She shouldn't suffer for the misdeeds of other richer women who treated thier spouses poorly.
Weldone OP

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:50am On Dec 13, 2021
DEDICATED TO tomic1, jullyrosy, froze6, Carterj007

CHAPTER EIGHT

"Hold on a minute," Richard said walking towards the door. He unlocked and opened it, getting shocked at the figure he saw.

Ever since the restaurant saga, she had gone off the radar, no where to be seen. He concluded she did that to stay off him or probably cut off all they shared after he crushed her, as she termed it, at the restaurant. Well, he wasn't surprise at that because he was expecting such. He would have done the exact same thing if put in her shoes, but Angela standing at his door wasn't part of the expectation, not even a quantum of it. He's pleased, shocked and worried. Pleased, because their friendship is still intact otherwise while will she be here beside her demeanor isn't like one of someone coming for trouble or fight or something negative. Shocked, because he wasn't expecting her. Worried, because her coming back might mean more pressure and persuasions from her, higher probability.

"Hi," she greeted waving her palms at his face to bring him back from his mind travel.

"Oh, I'm sorry for that... please do come in," he said making way for her.

"No need for that." She smiled. "Actually, I came to invite you out for shopping. Would you mind being my shopping partner? All bills are on me, don't worry," she said.

"No P at all. Let me just put on something shoppy." He winked and smiled at her, a smile she returned.

The mall was filled with people going about carrying out the gentle act of commerce, well it wasn't gentle because the atmosphere reeked of frenzy and vibrancy all thanks to the transactionals. Angela moved from one shop, one stand, one section to another getting her hands on whatever her eyes gets seduced by.

"Hey, you haven't gotten anything yet," she said to Richard clutching seven shopping bags.

"Welllllllllllllllllll," he dragged scanning through the shoe display. He picked a pair of shoes. "This will do."

"Richy," she called, giving him the look.

"Seriously, this is me being sincere, I'm not being prude. This is all I need." Angela rolled her eyes.

"That's your beeswax. I'm not in for this face off."

"Are you driving?" She asked stretching the car keys to him as they approached her G-wagon.

"No, just do your thing."

"So where did you disappear to?" Richard asked fastening his seat belt.

"To get hold of myself after the guy I love rejected me," Angela replied, her emotions threatening to betray her.

"Hian, that's unheard of, a guy reject a girl of your calibre. Wonders," Richard replied trying to make light the situation.

"Do you fvcking think this is a joke?" Angela lashed out suddenly, startling Richard. He made to say something but was interrupted by a finger raise from her.

"Don't. I say don't say anything. Just shut the hell up," she said with anger. The atmophere became tense, quiet and hot.

"All my life, I've always been the hunted," she chuckled lightly. "I've always been the hunted not the hunter but then I met this guy who left me amazed. He triggered a strong liking, no, attraction, what am I even saying, love to him." She turned to face him.

"I fell deeply in love with him but I wasn't used to being the hunter, so what did I do? I gave him several green lights to enable him know of my feelings for him but he wasn't responding. That left me mad and crazy at him but the love grew. He was queer and unconventional but determined not to give up, I figured, being the hunter won't hurt, it isn't an abomination anyway. If I need something, I should go get it. It's called being ambitious and courageous. So I did it, I asked him out, I professed my love to him. I know he loves me dearly but he couldn't accept me because of experience and principles, but my sole definite desire is." She placed her left hand on his cheek and stared deeply into his eyes. "He forgoes all that and release his suppressed love for me, all of it. I want him to unleash all of it on me. If he does, I vow to love him without measures."

"Angela." Was all he could utter, words failed him, his guards were getting down.

They stared at each other deeply, inwardly desiring one another, the pull between them getting stronger. Irresistibly, they moved their heads closer till they could feel each other's breath. Their lips joined together in a passionate kiss. Slowly, they moved their lips against each other savouring the sweetness from it. Their lips parted giving way to the tongues which tickled one another. They felt each other's inward taking in the warmth, wetness and softness of it. Each movement, each contact, each stroke sends sweet sensation down their nervous systems. Their bioelectric tissures sending out sparks, sparks of desire, sparks of pleasure, sparks of deep yearning for each other. The few minutes of passion came to an end as Angela slowly pulled off, avoiding his gaze, she switched on the car and drove out of the mall's parking lot.

"What we shared earlier today, did you feel anything?" That was Angela's WhatsApp's message to him.

"Gela, that was kisstastic. God, you are such a terrific kisser," he replied.

"Apart from the pleasure, didn't you feel something deep?"

Richard replied with a shrugging emoji.

"Well, I felt deep intimacy. I felt love," she sent.
"Ooooooooooooooooookay."

"Heart, I'm serious. I don't just want to feel it, I want to see it, experience it. I desire deeply to be yours not just as your girlfriend but as your wife and the mother of your children, our children."
"Hmmmm. I'm speechless."

"Okay, let's do this. You always talk about praying to be sure before going into a relationship."

Now this was another dimension. What is she aiming at?

"Why don't you seek the face of God. If the answer is yes, then we become one, but if it's no, I will forget about all this."

"Why don't you do the praying?"

"I have. I did it and the answer is yes. God approves of our relationship. I did it during my hiatus. Why do you think I'm still persuading you?"

"I want you to pray for confirmation so that you won't say I'm making things up, dear husband. So are you doing it?"

Okay now, this is a clear case of using your philosophy against you. Could she be making this up? There's a possibility of that, a huge one at that, Angela can do anything just to persuade him to date her, but if that's the case, why did she ask him to pray for confirmation? She wouldn't ask him to do so if she wasn't sure and truthful about it. She's damn certain and confident, she has to be. Well, he is going to do it, things may turn out for good.

"Okay. Game on," he replied. She replied with the happy, thumbs up, love and kiss emojis.

(Notice From The Author: In this fictional universe, Xav-Verse, for the purpose of the universe, there are very few differences with the real world, for example, as of 2008, WhatsApp was already in existence.)

#Xavier
#TheBridge
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganizationSaga

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by froze6(m): 10:17am On Dec 13, 2021
Update don drop ooo
Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 10:36am On Dec 13, 2021
FROM THE OFFICE OF THE OP: grin grin grin

PLEASE READ TO THE END, IT'S IMPORTANT. THANKSY cool cool cool

Okay guys, first and foremost, welcome to the second week of this beautiful thread. How has it been so far for you, let me know via your comments.

As already said, from this week onwards, updates will be thrice a week, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays to be precise, I know lots or most of you will not be comfortable with that but I've made a way out.
You see, considering the fact that some of you may not be okay with the update schedule and also the fact that this story may, scratch that, will take a long time to be completed here, I've created systems that will let you beloveth get the story. Those systems are:

1.) Publishing and releasing the book, which has been done already. You can get the book, that's if it's worth your money, on Okadabooks and Amazon. You can get them via;

OKADABOOKS: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_bridge/45491

AMAZON:
1.) Page Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MJN9815/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i0
2.) ASIN (Amazon Book Code): B09MJN9815
Use the ASIN to easily search for the book on Amazon.

My Okadabooks Author Page link:
https://okadabooks.com/user/Xavier5

My Amazon author page link
https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B09MKK7SQY?ref_=pe_1724030_132998070

Please do ensure you follow me on those platforms.

2.) By getting a free copy of the book in PDF. But to be able to access these, one must be the winner of the most engaging member of this thread.
You see, I don't just want to create a story thread, I want to create a community, a community where everyone is a part of, I want to create an engaging system where people come and take part in the activities of Xav-Verse and of course with rewards.
The reward is, at the end of each month, the most engaging member or reader will be given a free copy of this book in PDF, and in the case of where there is a tie, we make use of a raffle draw, they can only be one winner.

So how does one engage? Simple, by commenting, criticising, liking and sharing the stories, referring peoples/readers to this story and massively taking part in the discussions/ arguments that will be taking place here.

Dearies, I don't want this thread to boring, let's give it some life, lot's of it.

Lot's of time, I will be coming up with topics for discussions/ arguments that focuses on the story and I will truly love every member of this thread to be a part of it.

And if you have any celebration, like erm a birthday, anniversary etc just let me know, so that I can dedicate updates to you.

This is a family not a thread.

NOTE: The story will be completed here, but it's going to take a long time, that's why you should make you available options to get the story. Why stress yourself when you can get it for yourself.

Thanks for choosing the XAV CARRIER.

Stay safe for me, I LOVE YOU GUYS

#Xavier

1 Share

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 10:39am On Dec 13, 2021
For those of you that want to follow me on social media, these are my details

1.) FACEBOOK: XA VI ER
2.) E-MAIL: preciousuweh@gmail.com
3.) INSTAGRAM: uwehprecious
4.) NAIRALAND: Xavier5
5.) TWITTER;
a.) Username: precious_uweh
b.) Display Name: Xavier
6.) WHATSAPP: 09079893607

#Xavier

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2021
The name reminds me of 21 BRIDGES. Gosh, I love this story kiss

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 12:32pm On Dec 13, 2021
Nice story xavier

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 2:04pm On Dec 13, 2021
Nice one man.

@jullyrosy, we meet once again.

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 2:08pm On Dec 13, 2021
Carterj007:
Nice one man.

@jullyrosy, we meet once again.
Hi
Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 3:53pm On Dec 13, 2021
Jaylynn:
The name reminds me of 21 BRIDGES.

21 Bridges by Who

Gosh, I love this story kiss

Thanks hun, I truly appreciate

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 3:56pm On Dec 13, 2021
jullyrosy:
Nice story xavier

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2021
Carterj007:
Nice one man.

My Boss, I prostrate

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 4:00pm On Dec 13, 2021
froze6:
Update don drop ooo

All for you brah

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 4:17pm On Dec 13, 2021
I don't know who bought the book on Okadabooks, but whosoever did it, I'm grateful. Thanks a lot. Love you.

#Xavier

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by froze6(m): 8:35pm On Dec 13, 2021
Seems I would go and reactivate my okada account ooo

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 2:35am On Dec 14, 2021
froze6:
Seems I would go and reactivate my okada account ooo

Father Lord, please let him do, Amen

2 Likes

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 2:46am On Dec 14, 2021
jullyrosy:

Hi

How are you?
Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 2:48am On Dec 14, 2021
Xavier5:

My Boss, I prostrate

You too much.

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by lhawarl1(m): 8:28am On Dec 14, 2021
Xavier5:
FROM THE OFFICE OF THE OP: grin grin grin
Thanks for choosing the XAV CARRIER.

Stay safe for me, I LOVE YOU GUYS

#Xavier
Ok, still following

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 10:33am On Dec 14, 2021
Hey beloveth, how are your days going. Hope it's great.

Don't forget, updates will drop on Wednesday likewise the topic for discussion/ debates.

Don't also forget the "most engaging member of the thread" contest is ongoing, endeavour to be a part of it. Thanksy.

Love you guys.

#Xavier

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 10:35am On Dec 14, 2021
lhawarl1:

Ok, still following

Feel free

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 10:36am On Dec 14, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 10:37am On Dec 14, 2021
#Xavier

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 11:35am On Dec 14, 2021
Xavier5:

Feel free
Weldone xavier

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by jullyrosy(f): 8:53pm On Dec 14, 2021
Tomorrow is Wednesday. .....
So happy

1 Like

Re: The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by froze6(m): 9:29pm On Dec 14, 2021
jullyrosy hpost=108503228:
Tomorrow is Wednesday. .....
So happy
true ooo that one self dey.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story / *****SCENARIO 75***** / Chimamanda Adichie, Her Parents And Brothers Pictured In Baltimore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.